• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,954 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,954

On The Road Again

We stand there in silence for what seems like hours, but in reality, it was probably only a few minutes at most.

The silence is only broken when I speak up.

"Are you ok, Thorax?"

He doesn't say anything and just continues staring at the dead wolf on the ground. I wave my hand in front of his face.

"Yo, Thorax? Ya alright?"

That did the trick. He stumbles back when he notices my hand a few inches from my face. He then looks up at me, his eyes are still wide.

"It.. almost got you." He mumbles out.

"Yeah, it did. But you stopped it."

"I did." We fall back into silence for a few moments before I speak up again.

"Are you okay?" I repeat my question from before.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. It was just a... scary experience."

"You don't have to tell me, I was the one about to get my neck torn out."

He visibly cringes when I say that. It doesn't take a genius to make the guess he tried to picture that.

"Oh, yeah. Another thing, we should probably get moving. Like, right now. I saw some guards at a lake I found that wasn't that far from here, and they gave chase as soon as they saw me. I managed to lose them in the woods awhile ago, but that doesn't mean there still looking for us. We need to go."

"How far?"

"I say the lake was about a ten minute walk from here. I didn't see any pegasus in the group, but that doesn't mean that some weren't nearby. Plus the noise that shot made won't help matters."

He nodded his head to show his understanding and moves to the side to allow me to gain entry. All I had to grab was my backpack, so I was in and out in a matter of seconds, but I made sure that my 'emergency stash was well hidden before I left. Who knows? We may be able to come back here.

When I exit the cave, Thorax hands me my gun back. After I stare at it for a moment, I take it and put it in my pocket, but only after making sure the hammer wasn't pulled back. No need to shoot myself in the leg.

After that, I turn around and kneel to allow Thorax to climb on my back and I jog away from the cave in the opposite direction of the lake.

I don't how far they're behind us, but I rather not find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do we go now?"

"I have no clue. That cave seemed like an answered prayer. Then again, the castle I was staying at for my first two weeks here seemed like an answered prayer too, but you know what happened there. I guess we'll just have to wander around for a bit, it's not like we have someplace important to be, but that leaves the question of where to wander..."

Me and Thorax are currently in a small clearing, huddled around a small fire, that I somehow managed to make, again, talking about plans for our uncertain future. It's clear were not going to be welcomed anywhere. Not with the guards after us. That'll make getting supplies for us much harder. And we wont be able to stay sleeping out in the open for long, we could be spotted by guards or the creatures of this forest easily if were to be caught off guard.

We need to figure out what direction would be best to travel in and go for it.

Not like we have much of a choice at the moment.

"South is a no, because that's where we just came from, and the guards are that way. East is a no, because we would eventually find Cantorlot again, and I think it would be best if we were stay away from the city you attacked and I was arrested at. That leaves North and West. Do you know any of the area in those regions?"

"I know the North a little, and the West I know too, but can we not go West?"

"Why?"

"... My hive is West."

"... Not a bad reason. But if we go North, there is a problem. It's cold."

"So?

"Thorax, in case you haven't noticed, this," I point at my jacket," is not a winter coat... but I suppose if what you said about your hive is true, going West isn't such a good idea either... fine, we'll go North, but I need to figure out how deal with the cold first."

"How can you do that?"

"I might be able to find something around here to use as insulation and stick it in my jacket. It would keep me warmer, but I have no clue where or how I'm going to find some. I'll have a look around here tomorrow, but there's no sure chance I'll be able to find some. If I can't find something, I don't know what I'll do."

"What would be good insulation?"

"Something thick and soft, but just about anything could work. It's just a matter of how well it'll work. I take back what I said earlier, I'm thinking it would be better to look around now instead of later. I'll be nearby, if you need anything, just speak up."

He gives me a unsure nod. It's obvious he doesn't want to be left alone, but I have things to do.

With out another word I turn and exit the clearing.

Author's Note:

3 chapters within 7 days... I'm starting to spoil you too much.