• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,957 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,957

So That's a Changeling

DAY 18

I seriously need to stop getting knocked unconscious. It's getting so annoying. Now I know how the people in the movies fell like.

To be honest, I have no clue how I'm still alive. I thought for sure as soon as I got hit with whatever I was that hit me, it would snap my spine in half. It's not broken. Somehow. It just hurts a lot. And I mean a lot.

I turn around onto my back and stare up at the sky.

This is the same time I hear something crying to my right. I turn my head to my right and see another one of those bug things. Its takes a second for my mind to register the fact that one of those things that tried to kill me is lying a few feet away from me, crying its heart out. Assuming that it even has a heart.

A few seconds after seeing it my instincts kick in and I go for my bag. Which was no where to be found. Must have been torn off of me during my flying lesson.

Remembering I'm still might my side arm on me, I reach behind my back with a pained grunt and smile when I feel the metal of the cylinder that holds the bullets. I yank it out of my back pocket and try to stand up.

My whole body hurts from the impact, which brings up another question! How the hell did I survive the impact, much lee come out of it unharmed save for a few cuts and scraps. The answer is probably magic, which I still find hard to believe.

I'm now fully standing up and getting a better look at the area I landed in. It appears that I've landed back in the Everfree. I look up and see a hole in the mess of branches I crashed though. And there's that big city on the mountains. Wow, I'm actually pretty far away from it now.

Then I remember that I'm not alone due to the sob I hear behind me. I turn around to find two big blue eyes staring back at me. Thinking it's going to attack me, I immediately raise my gun and fire at it. Since I took absolutely no time to aim, the shot lands about two feet to the left of the bug, who jumps away from the spot the shot lands. I'm about to take another shot when I hear the bug speak.

"No, no, no, no! Please!" He almost screams at me while covering his face with his hole filled hooves.

The voice sounds male. I immediately freeze and narrow my eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask him.

The bug continues to shake in fear and stares at me.

"Who are you?!" I shout this time.

That seems to do the trick. The bug flinched before answering,"M-m-my n-name is T-Thorax."

Why am I even talking to this thing? I should just kill it and move on.

"What are you?"

"I-I'm a changeling."

So that's what the guard meant when he called me a changeling. But I look nothing like him. What gives?

"What does a changeling do?"

"We feed off love to survive and we can also shape shift."

At least he's not stuttering anymore, so that I can understand him better. So the guard thought I was changeling because of a changelings shape shift ability. There were so many other changelings up there he just assumed I was one as well. So the guards just act frist and ask questions later... I hate those kind of peop-er-ponies in this case. But why were they up there in the frist place?

"What were you doing in the city?"

"Well, like I said before, changelings need emotions to feed off of or we die. Love is the most filling and we were and probably still are running very low at the hive. So my queen was very desperate and crazy at the time, so she wanted to take over Canterlot and forcefully suck the love from the ponies there, but she was defeated by Shining Amour and his wife Princess Cadence. They're the reason why the shield was formed and the reason why I crashed into you."

Huh...interesting. I thought that the shield was the thing that crashed into me. Turned out I was wrong.

"Why did you invade Canterlot?"

"Like I said before, my queen was desperate and is still crazy," his eyes windined,"please don't tell her I said that."

I rolled my eyes."Well it's not like I'm looking for her, which I'm not.... can I trust you?"

"What?" He looked surprised.

"Can I trust you? So far all the other changelings I've seen have tried to kill me."

"No,no,no, I'm not like them!"

Well... as much as I don't want to trust him... it would be nice to finally have someone to talk to. Wait! What am I thinking?! He's a killer!

But if he is a killer... then why is he so scared? I think it would be best to be on my way.

"*sigh* Fine." I hesitatly lower the gun," I'm not going to kill you, but if I catch you following me on my way home, there will be problem. Got it?"

He looks down.

"What?" I ask, annoyed

"Can I come with you?"

"Did you not hear what I just said? Why do want to come with me?" I sharply snap back.

"I don't want to go back to the hive. The queen is crazy! So are all the other changelings! Plus I can't move very well."

I look at him more closely and cringe. I see what he means. His left hind leg is is completely snapped backwards. Ouch. That looks like it hurts.

After thinking in my head for a few moments, I come to a decision. As much as I don't trust him, he needs help. And being the kind hearted person I am (and sometimes wish I wasn't) I make a choice.

"Fine."

His head snaps up so fast it a wonder he didn't just break his neck."really?" He asked with a big smile.

"Yeah. Really."

He jumps up and hugs me, much to my shock. I almost shoot at him again. How did he even jump up that fast with his leg the way it is?

"Okay, you can climb on my back since your leg is the way it is. No sudden moments." I warn him.

"Ok, yeah. Got it." He confirms

"Don't make me regret this."

"You won't I promise."

I hope so. Why am I even doing this? Short answer, I'm an idiot.

Now, first order of business, where is my backpack?

"Hey Thorax?"

"Yeah?"

"You didn't happen to see a brown bag when you landed did you?"

Author's Note:

Before you start asking questions, yes, that's the Thorax from the episode "a changeling times" or something like that.

Sorry once again for the delay and sorry for the short chapters. I'll try to post a longer chapter next time.

Until then, stay awesome.
:moustache: