• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,954 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,954

Hey, You Look Familiar...

1 Month Later

I hate the cold. Enough said.

For the past month, Thorax and I have walked a VERY long way. While I would have gladly gotten on a train, there are some problems. The main one obvious being that neither me Thorax would be welcomed. Although getting on the top of the train would be nice, there's no way I would be able to grab on with my hand the way it is. Much less hold on.

Yes, my hand is still messed up. While Thorax used his healing spell a couple of times after the first one, I notice that the wound was not looking any better. I soon found out that it had gotten infected. It's not as bad, since I cleaned it right before the spell was cast. If I hadn't done that, the infection would be much worse than it is right now. Hell, I probably would've died from it.

Since it is still infected though, there's only so much I can do.

I look down at my hand. The same bandage is still there, complete soaked with blood. The blood is dry, so I guess that's a good thing? Even so, it still hurts. A lot.

Another thing, I'm sure you've noticed that I have stopped show the days in this journal. That's because I've completely lost track of the days. If I find out how long its been, I start writing it done again.

Moving on from me and to Thorax, his leg finally healed enough to where he can walk on his own without me carrying him. His wings are healed. He looks fine, as if nothing has ever happened before.

We're currently following a train tracks for the obvious reason that they have to go somewhere, right?

I couldn't care less where we went, as long as I can get out of this cold. The insulator is working well, for what its worth. The good news though is two things. One, there's water everywhere. Two, I can finally see someplace!

I stop walking when Thorax stops in front of me and turns toward me.

"Are you okay, David?"

"I'm fine. I just need to get out of this cold. I can barley feel my fingers... what the hell is that place anyway?"

"I'm not sure. I've never been here before."

"Fantastic..."

We continue closer. As we do, the terrain becomes much harder to walk though. I soon find myself using my pick to keep me from slipping, which wouldn't be to good, considering there a giant hole in the ground not to far away. Thorax helps me along the way. Since he can fly now, he grabs me by my chest and helps me move around, since he can't really pick me up.

We get past the hole with little trouble. Then, we hear something that makes our blood run cold. Well, colder than it already is.

Voices.

"Spike the Brave and Glorious, you've faced the evil changelings before. What can you tell us?"

I immediately push Thorax to the side, behind a ice wall.

"What wa-?!" I clamp my good hand around his muzzle and use my other hand to raise a finger to my mouth, signaling him to stay quite. He gets the message when he hears the voices.

"Oh, uh, well, they are changelings, so can be change."

I can't help but face palm as I whisper to myself. "No shit."

"You hear that? These monsters can look like any of us, so be on guard, guards! Even more than normal."

Oh, god. The cringe is real.

"And they could be anywhere. So, we should cover as much ground as possible. You, search that way! And you, search that way! And...I'll ...just search... here, I guess. Not many places to hide. Unless that rock is a changeling. Okay, rock. How do I know your really a rock? Hmm. Not talking, huh? Well, you can't fool me? Uhh! Ow!"

... Did he seriously just kick the rock? Really?

What a minute... that voice sounds very familiar...

"He's sliding toward the cliff!" Before I can stop, Thorax jumps out of hiding. The next second I hear a thud.

"Phew! okay. Maybe it's time Spike the Brave and Glorious went back to, uh, protect those guards."

Spike... I've heard that name before.

Thorax immediately changed forms without warning, and I knew exactly why. Thorax didn't have a chance to jump back to cover with me, but what the hell is he planning to do?

When I see his new form, my mind starts working. I now see a baby dragon.

I KNOW I've seen him before...

"Twilight, what is that thing?"

"Shhhh, Spike, let me handle it."

Well, son of a bitch. Small world.

"Gah!" I hear Spike yell, probably seeing Thorax. "Just my reflection."

Are you freaking kidding me? I face palm repeatedly.

Thorax starts making a bunch of poses, probably to match Spikes. I only face palm harder and faster. At this point, I may as well be slapping myself.

"Huh? Ha! Ha-ha! Hmm. Just my imagination. I guess."

Thorax begins walking away, but ends up slipping on the snow. I feel my heart stop as Spike gasp.

I guess Thorax didn't see a reason to keep the form, because he chaged back to himself.

This only caused Spike to panic more.

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changeling!"

"No, wait! Come back!" Thorax rushes toward Spike as I hear scearming. I follow Thorax out of hiding. Just in time to see Spike fall off the cliff, Thorax close behind.

I breath a sigh of relief when both of them come back over the edge.

"This is unexpected..."

Thorax drops him back on the snow. "The ice is pretty slippery. I wouldn't want you to get hurt because of me."

"You... saved me?"

"It's okay. I know you don't want to be friends..." Thorax starts making his way back to me. Which is where Spike notices me..

Author's Note:

Yes, I know 1 month probably isn't enough time, but I needed a short time span in order for David to keep his injury, which plays a role later on. I need it, otherwise, the time span would be longer.

As always, stay awesome. :rainbowdetermined2: