• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,948 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,948

Prologue - (Edited)

DAY 1


Hello. I’m me , which isn’t all that much. I'm just a guy. But hey, something happened to be me, and I have no idea what think of it.
One day, something happened. I have no idea what it was. It was just a blur, a flash of light, then darkness. I was pretty sure I died or something. But, it ended as quickly it started. Now, I’m just lying here, in a clearing, just feeling the breeze go over me. I open my eyes, sit up and look around.

"What in the name of God… ?"

Where the hell was I?!

I look ahead into a seemingly endless forest. There are no words to describe how scared I am right now.
Suddenly, about a million questions popped in my head.

Where am I?

What is this place?

How did I get here?

Sadly, I could answer none of my thoughts. The only thing I can do, is to get off of my butt and start walking. From where the sun was in the sky, it was either sunrise, or sunset.

...Please, let it be the first one.


()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()


Well, at least it was the right time. I've been walking for a good 30 minutes and if it was sunset back there, it would have gotten darker than what it is right now, that’s for sure.

"I need to find a place to spend the night. Maybe I could climb a tree. God dammit, I’m talking to myself... Again."

Not much time had passed after that when I realized I was wearing a backpack. How stupid can one get? After mentally cursing myself, I slip off the pack, unzipped it, and looked inside.

I had a revolver, but I couldn't remember the exact name. Whatever, I know how it works, and that's all that matters.
Sometimes, I would have gone out with friends of mine and shoot in the woods sometimes, so I knew how to shoot. Didn’t do it too often, but I’m still a pretty good shot, if I do say so myself. I open the chamber to find it was full of bullets. At least I had some protection out here.

Setting the gun down down, I continue to search through the pack. The next thing I pull out was some kind of climbing pick.
“Okay, no clue what I was going to use that for, but every thing helps.” I think out loud.

Next was... What’s that doing in here? I don't need this, it's only a stick... How the balls did that even get in there?

Next was a more bullets for the gun, as well as a knife with a three inch blade, good for close encounters. Hopefully it won't come to that.

It probably will...

That last thing that I found was a water bottle. Of course, it had to be empty. Can’t have me getting to be too comfortable.
“Okay that seems to be it. I found a gun with seventeen bullets, a climbing pick, a knife with a three inch blade, and a empty water bottle. Dafuq was I even doing before I came here? These are things a hunter woul-”

“Oh... I was hunting for whatever reason when I ‘died.’ “

But a hunter wouldn't hunt with a pistol. I mean, sure, they could hunt with one, but I don't see how it would work out. Then that means I could have left a hunting rifle behind... Damn.

I would go back for it, eventually, but right now they are more important things at hand. One of those things is a shelter that is as safe as possible. As I said before when, I was talking to myself, I could climb a tree to get a good view of my surroundings. Now, I need to find a tree that's taller than the others around it so that I can actually see my surroundings.

I look around for a little, until I find a tree that looked like it was good enough to climb. However, there was one small problem with the tree… Or in this case, a tall one. The lowest branch was nine feet up the tree. I'm about five foot ten, so this was a problem.

Until my memory kicks in, and I remember that I have a climbing pick on my belt. The pick is about a foot long, so all I had to do now, was to jump about two or three feet, which isn’t that hard.

I unclip the pick from my belt, back up a little, and start to run at the tree. Once I get close enough, I jump up and push myself up a little more by pushing my foot up once it was on the tree. A bit more messing around, and I’m hanging from a branch.

I reach my hand up to the same branch and pull myself up. Doing this get’s my leg up on the same branch so that’s a plus. After that, I re-clip my pick to my belt and start to climb the rest of the tree.

I left my pack on the ground to make climbing a little easier, which I was glad of doing, because climbing up this this tree, there is some thick stuff that my pack could’ve gotten caught on.

After about five minutes of climbing up the tree, I get to the point where I can see all around me. After getting over the initial dizziness, I looked behind me.

“Dammit! All there is, is a couple of trees, and a castle. God f**king dammit!”

I do a double take. “Hold up, a castle? Seriously? A castle? Really? There is actually, one-hundred-percent, a castle?”
If you haven’t guessed, there’s a castle, of in the distance, being hugged by a couple of trees.

“Where the actual crap I'm I, anyway? What the balls is a castle doing here, in the middle of the woods? I mean, sure, it’s somewhere I can stay in, but seriously? A castle?” I go off on a tangent about castles in the middle of the woods, and Harry Potter.

So now that was taken care of, I had to get down. Somehow. On the way down, as my luck would have it, the branch I was holding onto snapped when I was still a good ten feet in the tree.

"OH SHI-" was all I time to say, (In a tone very alike to the Wilhelm Scream) before I hit the ground with a loud "THUMP"

Yep that hurt. That really hurt. Ho-ly crap, je winkings, Bobby Mc-Juniour, Mister Whats-i-face, that hurt.

It hurt well enough for me to lay on the ground for quite a while, trying to recover from the air being knocked from my lungs.
I was still alive, though. Somehow.

After at least three hundred and ninety four eternities, I got up and to start walking to the castle.

"This better be worth it..." I wheezed, not fully recovered from the fall.


()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()


The walk to the castle was uneventful, thank god, but I couldn't help but get the feeling like I was being watched. For those who don't know that feeling, it’s one of the worst feeling you can have , pretty much anywhere, and I'm getting that feeling the middle of the forest.

...

“That’s some horror movie crap right here. Best not go into spooky sheds, and what not.”

After that train of thought, (Choo Choo!) I end up standing in front of the castle I saw from the tree. Let me start by saying this place is huge. I mean I know castle are supposed to be big and all, but this is nothing like I've ever seen before.

"Well... Here we go". I say, pushing the doors open.

“Well, this place has seen better days, that's for sure.”

There were stairs that led up to the next floor.They were completely destroyed.The roof had caved in at several places. It was a mess, destroyed even.The banners had long since faded, utterly destroyed. The whole place was destroyed. Completely “Rekt”
It's pretty obvious that this place had been abandoned for quite some time.

I walk over to what was left of the stairs.They looked like it could be climbed, so I unclipp the pick from my belt again, and start to scale the wall. Funny, when I first saw this pick, I thought it would be pretty useless, and yet look at me now! Eating my words from before.

I manage to reach the top without too much hassle. I turn the corner and entered what I assumed was the throne room. Much like downstairs, the room was in ruins. Parts of the walls had fallen to the ground. Over half the roof had fallen as well. There were also pillars meant to hold up the roof but most of those have fallen as well leaving only a handful left standing.

“D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D. Destroyed.” I laugh to myself. In situations like these, it’s good to keep up a good sense of humour.
After walking around a bit I find a spot to sleep over by a widow that was somehow still intact. I unclip my gear and take off my backpack.

The sun was now setting making me realize just long I have been walking for. With the sun going down, it was starting to get a little chilly. I saw a slightly faded, and only partially destroyed banner on one of the walls. It was dark blue and also had a full moon on it. It didn't take to much to know that the picture on the banner was supposed to be of the night sky.

It would be my blanket tonight. I rip it off the wall and make my way back to my spot.

Laying down, I lookup to the now sunless sky. It was beautiful.

Closing my eyes, I wonder what was going to take place over the next few days. I went to sleep thinking it would be nothing major.

Boy was I wrong!

Author's Note:

Hello people! This is my first story I have ever written and posted before. So I was a little nervous about posting this. But it's here so I did end up posting. If you see anything you like or dislike please let me know, also let me know about any spelling or grammar errors. As I said before, this is my first story so I don't expect it to be 100%. One more thing, see if you can the spot reference in the chapter and post your guess in the comments or on my page.
I don't know when the next chapter will be posted since school has started up soon for me and I already have a project to do for a major test grade. Life hates me. But will write with my free time if I feel like It .


Until next time.
Random Moustache! :moustache: