• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,957 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,957

Close Encounter

DAY 16

Holy mother of god, I hate walking so much . I've been walking for about 2 days now, and I'm about to fall over and die.

Okay, sure, not really, but it damn well feels like it.

Seriously, I’ve been walking for so long, the sun’s now in the process of setting. I’m actually pretty surprised that I haven’t done what I said I would do.

Anyway, the pink glow is there again, albeit, much closer this time. I'm hoping that I'll see what's....causing....the...glow...holy shit, that’s a whole freaking kingdom!!!

So, let me back up. I've just walked to the top of a hill to see a whole freaking kingdom on the side of the freaking mountain. How is that even standing? It should be falling down right now! There's no way that the support beams can hold that up! It would be to heavy! The builders of that must be proud of themselves.

Did the builders create the pink bubble too? Because, that’s where the glow is coming from. It might be some sort of shield, but it’s hard to tell. There’s nothing around so my best guess is that it’s a safety precaution.

Anyway, like I said, the city is on the side of a very tall mountain and I’m on the bottom, I could scale it, but… Yeah, no, I’m not climbing that in the middle of the night, no way. I’ll be coming around the mountain when I come, thank you very much!

I am on top of a hill, I guess I’ll sleep here and climb to the city in the morning.There’s a tree nearby it’s probably better than staying out in the open. Even though the tree is out in the open. Oh well, if it rains the tree will provide some protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I slowly open my eyes, I can't help but feel like something is wrong. I soon find out that I'm right (god freaking dammit, this always happens to me!) as I hear something that sounds like it's being smacked up against something repeatedly. I look up and see there are hundreds of tiny black dots smacking themselves against the shield. To make matters worse, one of them seems to take notice of my movement, and starts to fly toward me at an alarming speed.

"Shit, shit ,shit, shit." I keep repeating to myself as I rush over to my bag to retrieve a weapon.

The more time I spend searching through my bag, the closer that thing gets. I continue to panic until I realize there a gun in my waistband...God damn it. I get so scared sometimes, I forget to remember not to forget to remember!

After mentally cursing at myself, I grab my gun out of my waist band and turn around. Only to get a face full of that bug thing.

It tastes as terrible as it sounds

Much like the tree fail earlier in this journal, the air gets knocked out of me as the bug smacks me in the chest, head on. Shortly after that, I feel a burning pain in the side of my stomach. I reach down to feel what is causing the pain only to retract my hand immediately,due to there being yet another sharp pain caused. Only then do I look down.

What I find is not pretty.

Thanks to that thing that just now crashed into me, I have a gaping hole in the side of my stomach, And holy f*cking shit it hurts like a bitch. Now is not the time to complain though, (as much as I want to) due to me still being in danger.

Noticing my gun laying a few feet away, I start to crawl over to it. You see, the mistake I made at this moment, was not looking to see where my attacker had gone.

Right when I was reaching for the gun, a very hard hoof slammed down on my wrist, causing me to let out a cay of pain. I swear on my life I heard a *crack*.

After the hoof let’s go, I look up at my attacker. As soon as my eyes meet its eyes, I freeze. I have never ever seen anything like this before.
What I see before me looks like a equine much like Twilight, but this isn't Twilight. Nope, not even close, as this isn't even a pony at all. This is much more insect-like. The creature in front of me appears to have a black carapace exterior, a webbed mane and tail, blue reflection-less eyes (my god that's f*ucking terrifying ), fangs, a bent horn, jagged ears, insect-like wings, and holes in their legs. Wait, why do they have holes?

I have no time to look any longer as its hoof lifts up to punch me again. I have to think fast. The first punch most likely broke my wrist, so I have no doubt that my body will not be able to take another punch like that. Considering it's aiming for my head, which could do some serious damage.

Not wasting another second, I pull my leg up to its chest and push back as hard as I could. Luckily, I used enough force to knock it off of me. Giving me time to reach over to my gun.

I turn around to once again meet the creature's gaze, but it has not gotten up yet. Not wasting any more time, I point the gun at the beast and line up the crosshairs on the top of the gun withit, who is now starting to get up. I pull back on the hammer of the gun. The beast is now looking at the gun instead of me. No doubt being curious. Bad move. Having no idea what's about to happen, I pull the trigger. The bullet landing in the beast's chest.

The thing lets out a cry of pain, now looking at me with fear. Not a moment later, and without taking time to line up breaths, I pull the trigger again, once firing the gun, but this time, the bullet lands in the things head. Cutting off any noise it was making seconds before its death. It falls to the ground lifeless.

Having no danger now, I quickly get up. Only to fall right back down as the pain from the hole in my stomach comes back. The adrenaline of the fight must have worn off.

So I crawl back to the tree where my bag is. The crawl is only about 15 feet, but every time I lay my body on the ground to reach my hand forward to keep dragging myself, the pain becomes near unbearable.

I don't have any kind of medical supplies with me, which is very bad. I have no doubt in my mind that this gash in my side is going to need stitches. As for my wrist, it’s not broken, which surprises me, considering how bad it hurts. It feels like the bone is just...off, If that makes sense. Which it doesn't. I know what happened it's just hard to explain. On the bright side, I know what to do...I think.
What I need to do is a lot like a scene from a game I used to play. What was the name...Far Cry 4! That was it! The game had a lot of healing scenes in it that looked absolutely brutal. One of which as when the guy you're playing as breaks his hand back into place. I have a feeling that's exactly what I need to do. I have no clue if this going to work, since this idea is coming from a video game I like, but I don't have a choice right now. I can only hope that this doesn't mess up my hand more than its already is.

I grab my wrist and prepared for the pain I know is bound to come. In one swift motion I pull my hand down, causing another surge of almost unbearable pain to shoot up my arm.

After the pain dies down a little I test my hand. To my surprise it actually works! YES! Thank you addiction to video games. Who know that this information was going to be useful?

My celebration is short lived when I realize I still have a gaze in my side. The best I can do here is to rip a strip of the bottom of my shirt off (damn, this was my favorite Shirt) and tie it over the wound.

This being the best I can do with the supplies I have, I get up, put my pack back on, and start toward the city, only for a voice to sound from behind me.

"Halt changeling!"

Okay, I have no clue what a changeling is, but I stop and turn around, only to be meant with more ponies. Not like Twilight though, these ponies look important. If that armor they're wearing is anything to go by.

"You will comply, and come with us to the Princess!" One of them shouted.

I was about to ask what was with the hostile tone in his voice, for I have not done anything wrong, but right as I was about to ask a sudden feeling of dizziness washed over me.

I take a few step to the ponies trying not fall over, only for them to start shouting at me again. Though I can't make out what they're saying. Oh no, this must be from the blood loss.

"Please, help me..." Was all I managed to get out of my mouth. They look surprised for a moment, what, did they not think I could talk?
One of them take a few steps toward me, asking me something I don't understand. This is the last thing I see before the lack of blood is too much. I pass out.

Author's Note:

Chapter 4 is out! Yes! :pinkiecrazy: *ahem* so yeah, this toke longer then I expected.

There were a lot of delays. I was drowning in homework from school, and yesterday I got a mojor headache and couldn't look a screen without almost vomiting everywhere.

So once again, thank you for your patience. :scootangel: