• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 1,522 Views, 8 Comments

Spider-Man:New Dawn - Secondchancer



This story takes place two months after the events of Spider-Verse. This story will follow a spider and his journey to becoming a better hero

  • ...
6
 8
 1,522

Chapter 4

(Four days later)

Spider-Man dodged another blast from Electro it's been four days since his appearance at the museum and he finally decided to show his face again this time at some local pizza shop blowing it up on arrival. After the figuring out his identity Spider-Man immediately went to Captain Watanabe and told her, after a couple hours of hunting the four previous were finally pieced together they were all places that had fired Maxwell from previous jobs. So he had basically been going around and torching the buildings for a petty vengeance all except the museum which he was not connected to in any form. Watanabe still couldn't figure that one out until Spider-Man mentioned how he had yelled about taking him out, so the theory she had was he was personally sent their to try and bring him out. So as a favor she gave Spider-Man Maxwell's final work place before he turned to crime, Mikey's Pizza Place after waiting in an coffee cup on the billboard across the street Spider-Man was about to give up when Electro blew up the store laughing like a maniac.

Swinging down Spider-Man delivered a kick to the gut which sent him flying into a parked hummer, getting down into a fighting stance he began what would hopefully be the final fight between him and Electro. Pushing him out of the hummer Electro began to fire arcs of lightning at the wall crawler only for him to dodge holding both arms above his head Electro was about to let out a wide blast when Spider-Man webbed both hands and yelled "Yes Mr. Electro what's your question today ?"

"Damn you Spider-Man !" Electro yelled trying to break the webbing jumping over a lamp Spider-Man pulled Electro hanging him above the street quickly fastening it to a nearby fire hydrant Spider-Man said "Mr. Electro we both now that language is not allowed in my classroom, now I'm gonna have to give you detention !" thrashing about Electro kept trying to break his webbing that was covering his hands while growling. What neither person noticed was that the top of the hydrant was coming loose from the electrical current that was currently going through the webbing and the thrashing from Electro, then the webbing snapped and Electro fell to the ground trying to react in time Spider-Man went to web up Electro only to be blasted into the fire hydrant. Bouncing over it the top of the hydrant began to sputter water. Groaning Spider-Man began to rub his head looking up he saw Electro burning up the webbing "Now Spider, any last words ?" looking at him Spider-Man noticed that electro was standing in front of the hydrant remembering science he smiled under his mask and said "Y-yeah how good are you at surfing ?"

Chuckling Electro thought that he finally had the spider holding out his arm he began to charge up his powers getting ready to fry the bug when his vision went white yelling out in surprise Electro began to stumble around trying to tear off the webbing when he felt a huge pressure slam into him and then his powers went haywire causing him to black out. Spider-Man had webbed up Electros eyes in time and then ran to the fire hydrant tearing off the top he blasted him with the water causing his electric powers to go crazy which lead to the villain to black out, he then made a cover with his webbing trying to stop the water and began to wrap Electro up in webbing. Sitting down Spider-Man heard the first police car pull up standing up he said "Captain Watanabe glad you could make it I know my wrapping could use work.....your not Watanabe."

Walking up to Spider-Man was a young man with short cobalt blue hair with lighter sky blue streaks, he had five o'clock shadow and wore a black suit with a white undershirt and blue tie. Immediately recognizing him Spider-Man gulped standing in front of him was Shining Armor Twilights older brother a man who had actually helped the Avenger's stop a terrorist attack that hydra was trying do when he was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent before retiring to become a police detective, he even caught Madam Hydra herself and delivered her to Captain America himself. Standing in front of Spider-Man he towered over him by a full head gulping again he pointed to Electro and said "F-f-for you s-s-sir."

"Thanks Spider-Man.... you ok ?" Shining said after looking away from the villain he noticed the young hero shaking looking him over he could defiantly say that this was a highschooler maybe a senior or junior, he had the build of an Olympian gymnast and a cross fit exercisers. Smiling at the nervousness Shining clapped him on the back saying "Good job kid."

"Ow..... thanks Captain Armor."

"It's no problem kid........so is this what I have to get used to handling ?" Shining ask looking around to notice wreckage before looking back at Spider-Man who gave a sheepish shrug before saying "Kinda..... I mean its not as bad as the time Rhino and Scorpion tried to kill me together ?"

"Oh and how was that worse than a burning pizzeria ?" Shining jabbed a thumb at the burning turtle sign of the pizzeria Spider-Man began to twiddle his fingers and mumbled his response putting a hand by his ear he said "What was that ?"

"A LOT of zoo animals got out of their enclosures." Spider-Man said looking off in the distance before adding "You will never understand bad until you have to catch lemurs and otters who I still think had developed military tactics."

"Ok....so that's Electro." Shining said looking back at the villain he then motioned for a few officers to begin cutting out the convict quickly raising his hand Spider-Man said "Sir that's not a good idea, he has powers."

"We know with the emerging super villains S.H.I.E.L.D. has developed and given out power surprising cuffs." Shining said looking back at the officer Spider-Man noticed the cuffs sighing he made his way over saying "I have some dissolvent. "

(Hour later)
"So what happened to Captain Watanabe ?" Spider-Man asked looking at Shining Armor who was supervising Electro loading into the transport turning to him Shining said "She was transferred over to another district.... something about her dealing with young heroes and keeping them in line."

"Wait they transferred her to babysit some other heroes ?"

"No she isn't babysitting." Shining said looking around he pulled Spider-Man to the side before continuing "No she helped you when you first started so they want her to help other heroes and help develop connections with the police force so that the police don't try to shoot or arrest them for helping and so that the heroes don't ignore the cops."

Thinking back to when he first started out a lot of the cops either pulled guns on him or shot at him till Captain Watanabe stopped all that by reprimanding two officers who had pulled guns on him when he brought in a known rapist. She brought him in and began to do a quick debrief while offering him a soda and a bag of chips, after that she offered information for him more and more as long as he listened to officers and kept stopping criminals at the rate he was while being respectful to the officers. So after the explanation Sider-Man had to wonder why Shining Armor was now a captain in New York instead of a Florida post so backing up a little Spider-Man asked "Ok Captain Armor thanks for explaining but can I ask you one question ?"

"Sure."

"Ok so why did you transfer up to New York when you could be in nice sunny Florida ?"

"....Do you know a young girl named Twilight ?" Shining asked as a dark look came to his face going wide eyed at the look Spider-Man gave a shaky nod feeling cold sweat on his back continuing Shining said "Ok well she was recently caught up in a fight between you and Electro, my parents, my wife and me are worried about this so I called in some favors and got transferred up here."

"So you can keep and eye on her ?"

"Yes.....so don't you have school today ?" Shining asked Spider-Man, rubbing the back of his head Spider-Man shrugged one of his shoulders before saying "In all honesty I forgot when Electro was trying to zap me."

"Well get going, and good job today." Shining said patting Spider-Mans head while giving him a smile he added "And as thanks stop by the station they have some chocolate cake from this awesome bakery close by."

Nodding absently Spider-Man gave his good byes before swinging off after a few blocks Spider-Man thought 'Shining Armor is really cool, a lot older than Twilight.......it's been awhile since someone patted my head.' landing on top of a building Spider-Man took off his mask and wiped away some tears 'I miss you uncle ben.'

(Unknown location)

Looking at the recorded fight between Spider-Man and Electro the figure behind his creation slammed the laptop closed and let out a disgruntled growl, leaning back in his chair he looked at both the Doctor and Hammerhead both shrinking under his gaze. After a moment the figure cleared his throat before speaking he said "So Hammerhead Mr. Maxwell was operational for a little over two weeks.......disappointing, the doctor also informs me you hired somebody to help Maxwell distract Spider-Man ?"

"Yes sir."

"And his name ?"

"Aleksei Sytsevich sir." Hammerhead said pulling a file from behind his back he handed it to his boss who snatched it from the other mans hands snapping open the file he began to read through it eyeing through the mercenaries history after a reading Hammerhead said "This man can defiantly take on Spider-Man I was hoping he would help Electro with that."

"His nickname Rhino....whats that about ?"

"Sir, Systsevich is a mutant."

"SO what does that have to do with anything ?" The figure snapped before flinging the folder at Hammerhead hitting him in the chest where it than fell to the floor smirking at his boss he continued "Boss he can turn into a 8 ft tall bipedal Rhinoceros and makes tanks look like a plastic toys for kids." raising an eyebrow at that the figure leaned forward placing his elbows on his desk he then asked "So how long do I have to wait for Mr. Systevich to arrive ?"

"A week, two weeks top boss."

"Hmm....we need a mild distraction for Spider-Man till he arrives." the figure said looking around he began to look out the window as his mind began to cook up an idea with out looking away from the horizon he said "Hammerhead call in the enforcers."

"Yes boss." Hammerhead said pulling out his phone he began to dial the number but before hitting the send button he looked to the boss and asked "What do I tell them ?"

"To distract Spider-Man." the figure said offering no other explanation smiling at that Hammerhead hit the send button to inform the enforcers what they needed to do.

(Manhattan highschool)

Running through the halls Twilight couldn't believe that she had overslept for the first time EVER, but the dream she had last night made it difficult to wake up after the incident with Electro she had been dreaming of soaring through the New York skyline. The dream was wonderful and despite what the doctors had warned her about delayed effects from the incident but she had never felt better, she felt lighter, saw the world in clarity and seem to *ZZZZZ* Twilight leaned back just as a football shot passed by skimming past her nose. Staring wide eyed she heard someone yell turning she saw a couple of football players run up and they began to apologize while Twilight told them she was fine while hurrying off while thinking ' What was that !?!'

Reaching the auditorium Twilight began to make her way to her usual seat as she arrived she noticed a girl a little older than her already sitting to the seat adjacent to her. Pausing she sat down feeling very anxious trying to ignore girl she kept looking back at her she had dark blonde hair cut in a pixie cut style, she had bright blue eyes and wore all black with a shirt that had purple writing the said 'you hit the jackpot tiger !', over that was a white hoodie with a red spider symbol on it turning to look at her the girl said "So your the new girl ?"

"Excuse me ?" Twilight said giving the girl a questioning look this class had been going on for about a month now scowling a bit Twilight said "I think your confused about something."

"Nope your the newest recruit." the girl said giving her a smirk standing up she began to exit the auditorium as she was leaving she said "If you want to continue this argument meet me at this address."

Turning the girl tossed a folded piece of paper at Twilight causing her to flinch back at the sudden motion when she opened her eyes to look back at the girl she was gone. Looking around the auditorium she noticed a couple of students making their way into the room, turning back around Twilight picked up the piece of paper unfolding it she read the address ' 643 Brookesfield Lane. zip code 1610' eyeing the address Twilight was about to tear up the paper but something about doing that made her feel sick, folding the paper back up she put it into her back pocket.

(Rafters)

Looking down at the younger girl Spider-Women felt a small smile come to her face as she saw the young spider fold up the paper and stuff it into her pockets. Turning to her partner Spider-UK she said "So the Weaver needs me to train her ?"

"Yes Spider-Women, out of all the Spider in the web he chose you to train this girl because he knows that you can help her the best."

"Hmph we'll see I know he is doing this so you web warriors don't have to run around fifty different worlds."

"Yes, and to help bring more stability to the web." Spider-UK said turning he activated the a simple black hole opened up leading back to loomworld turning back to her he said "Just play nice."

"Hmph whatever." Spider-Women said standing up she watched him go through the portal leaving her behind shaking her head she watched her future pupil furiously taking notes she muttered "This is gonna be interesting."

(Five hours later)

Twilight got out of the cab that had brought her to the address the mysterious girl had given her looking up at the buildings all she saw was empty warehouses that looked to have been abandoned for years (ultimate spider-man where Peter and MJ meet up) . Hearing the cab leaving she began to walk up to the gate that separated her from the buildings looking up at the top she chuckled thinking she could jump that, again something seemed to tell her she could sighing she decided to listen to the voice bending down she pushed off the ground and felt her self go weightless looking down she realized she had jumped at least 13 ft into the air going over the fence she flailed a bit in the air doing a flip and landing on her feet perfectly like a gold medal gymnast.

Looking around amazed and terrified Twilight began to think about what happened to her than her mind went to the mysterious girl, steeling her nerves she began to march into the building pushing open the door it flew off the hinges into the massive open space standing in the middle of the dimly lit area was the girl running up to her Twilight yelled "WHAT IS GOING ON !?!"

"Wow you showed almost didn't think you would." the girl said giving Twilight a Cheshire cat grin growling at that Twilight went to shove the girl only to fall onto her stomach cause she was pushing at thin air. Landing on her stomach she let out a small groan feeling herself being lifted she turned her head to se the blonde girl still smiling at her before setting her on her feet "So you gonna-" she was cut off by as Twilight tried to slap her only to miss again, and again, and again until the girl flipped backwards onto one of the pillars that held pillars sticking to the side. Staring shocked the Twilight didn't notice the white strands that clung to her chest until she felt herself being wrapped up by the girl.

Once she was securely wrapped the other girl jumped back to the ground landing in front of Twilight scowling at the girl she growled "So glad you came now we can start." going wide eyed Twilight finally saw that she was wearing a spider suit (spider-women's newest suit but red and blue) before they darted back to the girl seeing her smirk she said "So I'm Spider-Woman of earth 5452 and I'm here to train you."

"Train me ?"

"Yes your the newest member of the web." Spider-Woman said crossing her arms seeing the shocked looked on her face she continued "So Ms. Sparkle you want to be a hero ?"

Looking down at her webbed up body and thinking back to the couple things she had done today alone Twilight also began to think about all the times that she wanted to help and couldn't when her friends fought supervilllians, when Peter lost his uncle and the shooter got away, or more recently when Electro attacked and she ended up being a damsel in distress. Taking a deep breath Twilight locked eyes with Spider-Woman and said "Yes."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment