• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 1,522 Views, 8 Comments

Spider-Man:New Dawn - Secondchancer



This story takes place two months after the events of Spider-Verse. This story will follow a spider and his journey to becoming a better hero

  • ...
6
 8
 1,522

Chapter 2

Swinging through the city Spider-Man began to make his way home after a three hours of patrolling he managed to stop a couple of car jacking's and a jewelry store robbery sighing Spider-Man thought 'Nothing exciting has happened at all since the Spider-Verse event !' landing on a roof top he saw his neighborhood in the distance shaking his head he shot a new web line before jumping off the building he began to swing home. After a couple of minutes swinging he landed on the top of his home looking around he quickly snuck through his bedroom window tearing off his mask Peter tossed his mask onto his bed taking a deep breath he ran his fingers through his hair looking around his room Peter noticed the slight mess that had accumulated over the last few months, shaking his head Peter exited the room making his way down stairs to the kitchen he noticed a stuck to the refrigerator walking up to the note he began to read it

' Dear Peter

I cooked your favorite for tonight its all in the refrigerator all you have to do is reheat it in the microwave or oven also there is also some brownies EAT NO MORE THAN 2 I have counted them and I will put my trust into your ability to resist eating more than 2...... I love you Peter and will see you in the morning have a nice night

Love your,

Aunt May XOXO '

Chuckling at the note Peter opened the fridge quickly grabbing his food he began to prepare the food turning on the oven he dumped the desired proportions onto a pan while humming a tune (Note: been rewatching Spectacular Spider-Man so its that song.) while bobbing his head side to side giving a small twirl he looked back to see that the ovens heat had begun to rise. Quickly going back into the fridge to grab himself a bottle of grape juice cracking the ceil he took a swig from the bottle savoring the taste he let out a satisfactory smack of his lips, taking out his phone Peter quickly began to go through the many apps and settings that were downloaded into the phone before began to vibrate and sound like the reaper war horn noticing that Twilight was calling him cocking an eyebrow he thought 'Why would Twi be calling me right now ?' shrugging his shoulders peter hit the green button and place the phone next to his ear he said "Hey Twilight what's up ?"

"Oh Peter not much just wanted to call you up real quick.......how is the rest of your day going ?"

"So so can't really ask for much more than that just getting the dinner that Aunt May left me what about you ?"

"Uh um nothing much just went straight home........went over lessons and other stuff." she said her voice taking on a different tone while saying that smiling slightly Peter said "Twiiiiiiiliiiiiiiight are you hiding something from me ?"

"W-w-w-why would you s-s-s-say that !?!?"

"Easy Twilight I was just joking didn't mean to take it that far sorry."

"Well you should be saying something so jerkish."

"Twilight you hurt my feeling why would you use such harsh language."

"Then man up you big baby-TWILIGHT DINNER-looks like my moms calling me i'll talk to you in school tomorrow." Twilight said before hanging up looking at the phone Peter shrugged he shoulders after stuffing the phone into his pocket he hear a slight ding from the oven taking a look he saw that the oven had reached the designated temperature smiling at this he quickly began to prepare the food to be reheated.

(Twilights house)

'Ugh such an idiot why didn't you just say something !' Twilight thought sorely about herself while lightly smacking her cheek grumbling she began to make her way to the dining room seeing her family sitting around the table, spotting her seat she walked over and sat down. Seeing her mom and dad smirking at her she gave a quizzical look between them noticing her cautionary look her father cleared his throat and said "So Twilight how was school today ?"

"Um pretty good I guess.........what was with those smirks just now ?" Twilight asked using her fork to point at her mom and dad looking between each other he father regained his smile leaning back in his chair he said "So hows Peter doing ?" at that comment Twilight bristled slightly looking up at her parents with a slightly shocked looked.

(Unknown location)

Maxwell Dillon was being led through a series of tunnels looking at his guide he eyed the man over taking in as many of his features as he could he stood an inch taller than Maxwell he had short cobalt hair that was slicked back his pale skin which seemed much brighter compared to his black suit his shoes clicked along the concrete suddenly stopping Maxwell bumped into the man only to stumble backwards. Seemingly unfazed the man brushed his shoulder slightly while saying "You will enter the room on my left and change into the suit after removing all articles of clothing, you will then exit the door with the red light once it turns green NOT before."

"Uh yeah I got all that." said Maxwell while looking to the room then back at the man to see him looking at him with humorless baby blue eyes gulping at them he quickly ducked into the room looking around he saw a black and silver wet suit type design picking it up Maxwell began to look it over looking for the zipper after finding it he began to undress after removing all his clothes he began to put on the suit. Zipping up the suit Maxwell felt the suit adjust and contract fitting his form gasping he began to pat the suit until a voice spoke up "The suit is a prototype that adapts to the wearer, the next room will be ready soon Mr. Dillon." quickly looking around the room he noticed a door with a faintly glowing red light. After a few minutes the light suddenly turned a bright green scratching his head Maxwell made his way to the door for it to slide open with a hiss looking around the room the door had opened up to he saw several large jutting from the ceiling jutting from those spikes were smaller ones with silver spheres at the end. Black wires ran along the wall connecting in various spots along with the spikes, wincing a little Maxwell rubbed one of his ears hearing a loud buzzing sound coming from the generators and fuse boxes gulping at the set up of the area Maxwell began to glance around the room with nervous eyes.

"Please Mr. Dillon stop eyeing the machine and just hope in some technicians will strap you into the machine it is a safe procedure." a slightly deep tone spoke over the intercom eyeing the machine Maxwell cautiously stepped into the machine before laying down, after a few moments three of the engineers dressed in white hazmat suits walked into Maxwell's line of sight and began to strap him into the machine grunting at how tight the straps were "Mr. Dillon we're happy that you have joined us today hopefully this will go well for you."

"WAIT WHAT !?!?!" Maxwell yelled two of the men began to shut the machine inclosing him into the machine while he screamed to be let out thrashing against the straps. In the control room three figures stood around massive control panel with multiple screens flashing differing power levels and the bio readings of the subject turning the shorter of the two figures turned to the tallest and said "Would you like to proceed sir ?"

"Yes." nodding at the simple answer the shortest of the three began to type multiple commands into the computers while adjusting the settings looking over different panels he saw the rising power levels, looking to the figures behind him he saw one wave his hand while the other simple nodded his head gulping the shortest reached toward the control panel lifting a plastic cover revealing a bright blue button pressing the button with his thumb the doctor said "The first stage has been activated."

Down in the machine grey gas began to fill the chamber gasping for breath Maxwell's body began to go numb all over but he could still move desperately fighting the straps that held him screaming the whole time "LET ME OUT !" seemingly ignoring him the voice then said "Stage one is complete now moving to stage two." at that moment the grey gas began to turn a bright blue seizing up Maxwell head was thrown back his body seemed to light on fire seemingly forgetting the fact it had been completely numb before letting out a bone chilling scream Maxwell desperately tried to move his body only for it to refuse his simple request. Maxwell couldn't tell how long he had been in the hellish machine or how much longer he would be stuck into the machine desperately trying to looked around he then heard the earlier buzzing starting to increase in volume until it was nearly deafening and then the voice spoke up "Commencing Stage three." that's when Maxwell saw bright blue electricity dancing around his prison before striking it feeling his body catch on fire again Maxwell began to thrash around in pain screaming his entire body seemed to be on fire every last inch. Up in the control room the three figures were looking over the footage inside the tank from a camera angled perfectly toward the window the two men that were in charge of the so called experiment seeing as the man began to turn a cobalt blue color as his skin burned off his face "Amazing how is he looking in there ?"

"Sir we should stop the experiment now before he dies his heart rate is elevated beyond safety measures !"

"NO the experiments almost over shrimp we continue this we need somthin to get that bug off the streets." one of the figures growled stalking to the man only to have his arm grabbed by the other man looking at him he growled "Somethin you want boss ?"

"Yes we both want that bug off the street so I can move my......quieter business through this city now continue the experiment its almost over."

Maxwell felt foam building up around his mouth pain was all that seemed to flow through his body he couldn't scream, beg, or cry for relief squeezing his eyes harder than he ever had hoping that it would all end............the buzzing stopped opening his eyes slowly Maxwell felt his whole body pulsing with small amounts of pain groaning he began to spit up some foam and saliva. Seeing the container open and the straps coming loose he launched himself for ward squeezing past the doors he fell to his knees and began to puke with a mixture of blood, foam and mucus leaving his mouth, looking up Maxwell saw a muscular man dressed in a black suit, with a white under shirt and crimson red tie his black hair was combed back revealing a forehead that had a long surgical scar that still had the little dots where the needle had entered and exited smiling at the man he said "You ready to take down Spider-Man Mr. Dillon ?"

"Born ready." the man smiled as small sparks of electricity arced off his body as he stood up chuckling at the kids spunk he motioned for him to follow all the while a sinister smile adorning his face.

(Two days later)

Groaning Peter began to make his way downstairs toward his third class of the day as he remembered the discussion that he had with his Aunt concerning his job at the Bugle and the danger it supposedly put him shaking his head he thought 'Okay so not even two days back and I have to worry about Aunt May along with hoping Jameson not to fire me.' taking a seat In the back of class he let his head fall onto the desk with a loud *THUNK* slightly groaning Peter waited for class to start until he felt someone poking his shoulder looking up he saw Twilight smiling at him smiling back he said "Hey Twi what's up ?"

"Not much Peter......are you feeling okay ?"

"Never better why would you think I wouldn't be okay ?"

"Well I just saw you hit your head against the desk." she said crossing her arms and giving him a small glare looking away slightly Peter never could withstand her glare scratching his chin Peter said "It's really nothing Twilight just Jameson wanting some pictures of Spider-Man with-"

"the fact that your Aunt is wanting you to quit ?" Twilight finished for Peter looking up at her with confusion his eyes wide with curiosity raising her arms she quickly said "Me and my mom went to the bakery yesterday to pick up a cake and they began to discuss certain things which led to your Aunt voicing her concern." (Note: Aunt May owns a bakery in this universe)

"UGH .......yeah she thinks its gotten to dangerous to be working at the Bugle considering I was near that fight between Spider-Man and that Morlun guy."

"Oh..........I looked up that video that fight was really brutal kinda surprised Spider-Man was still alive after all the beating he had taken."

"Don't remind me just watching Morlun punch Spider-Man made me wince." Peter said with a slight grimace noticing this Twilight placed her hand on Peters shoulder while saying "Don't worry Peter I really doubt anything dangerous is going to come around anytime soon give I it time and your Aunt will let this go."

"Sheesh Twilight what would I ever do without you ?"

"Probably be lost and confused twenty four seven along with the occasional string of bad luck."

"Very funny Twilight.......you better take your seat class is about to begin." Peter said motioning to the front of the room with his right hand smiling Twilight took her seat after a few minutes she gave Peter a brief look taking in his features she thought 'What am I going to do with you Mr. Parker ?"

(Elsewhere)

Standing in a empty was a figure dress in red/black spandex before bright blue energy connected to it *BOOOM*, quickly popping out another figure was quickly dispatched *BOOM* and another *BOOM*, another *BOOM* after another few minutes the targets were all reduced to molten plastic and spandex. With two hands held up imitating guns a lone figure stood in the center of a massacre of plastic all the while smiling ear to ear Maxwell Dillon put a smoking finger next to his mouth and blew the smoke off before tucking his hand into invisible holsters at his hips before looking back at his boss he said "So you think I'm ready to crush that so called hero ?"

"I think your ready..........but your gonna need a name you know something that fits your new persona." the man said rubbing his chin he looked around the empty warehouse seeing the multitudes of smoking Spider-dummies shaking his head he turned back to Maxwell and asked "So what do you think you should be called ?"

"Don't know Hammerhead.............but how about Electro?"

"Why do you want to call yourself that ?"

"Just something that popped into my head." Electro said while holding up a hand bright blue and white electricity began to arc off his fingers and hand before pointing it to another dummy firing a bolt of lightning at it he then turned back to his boss and said "But I think the fact I can now shoot electricity could have something to do with it."

"Well your first job starts tomorrow so be ready to suit up Electro we're gonna need you."