• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 732 Views, 10 Comments

you'll be in my heart - Cushionfighter4



Scootaloo has turned 13. But she would like to know who she realy is, after Scootaloo's mother tells her something which will change her life forever.

  • ...
8
 10
 732

the one candle in the dark

Rainbow dash put her hoof and her forehead against the door. She didn’t know what Scootaloo felt, but tried to understand “Scootaloo, how can you say that about yourself?” she said worried.

“My biological mom died, because I was born, my real mom might die from stress which I caused. Because it must have taken a lot of energy to tell me that I’m adopted. And my reaction caused her to hit me. So I guess that is the reason why I can say that about myself! ...,” Scootaloo shouted, then she stopped and realised and more tears ran down her face. Then she muttered “Then something bad will happen to you too…,”

Rainbow Dash heard sniffling from out the outside of the bathroom. Then Rainbow sat with her back against the door and rested her head against the door. Scootaloo was giving herself the blame for everything, Rainbow Dash understood how she felt. Because when Firefly died, her reaction was almost the same, because she was the one who was at the hospital by her side every second she could, she supported her all the way… But it wasn’t enough, the feeling that she was at fault, that she could have done more, if things were different… that everything around you is crumbling, that it’s just easier to blame yourself for everything that goes wrong… that was the feeling that Rainbow Dash had when Firefly died. But Rainbow also put the blame on someone else, which was even worse. ‘The best thing to do now is to reassure that it’s not her fault and to support her,’ Rainbow Dash thought.

“Hey squirt, if I take you home and tell you more about your mother and… your father, would that be okay?” Rainbow Dash said convincingly “I promise if I take care of you, I won’t get sick, okay?” she said reassuringly.

Scootaloo then wiped the tears off of her face, then she walked to the door and held the doorknob. She breathed in and sniffled again.

“You promise right?” So said with a trembling voice.

Rainbow breathed in “I promise… Scootaloo,”

Scootaloo then unlocked the door.

When Scootaloo opened the door Rainbow Dash was surprised at the state that Scootaloo was in. She had big red bags under her eye’s and her cheeks were still wet and red. Rainbow Dash then pulled Scootaloo towards her with her wing and gave her a cuddle. Scootaloo was at first surprised but then cuddled back with her two forelegs. Rainbow then pulled Scootaloo a bit back and wiped her damp cheeks and smile kindly.

She then said in a soft voice “Now let’s go and say goodbye to your mother and let her rest. We will visit her tomorrow, okay squirt?” and then put a small smile on.

Scootaloo then nodded her head. She felt relieved and breathed in and answered “Okay, but am I staying at your house or at my house?”

Rainbow Dash was silent with an open mouth that wanted to say something but didn’t know what. “Ummm, that you need to ask your mother, hehe,”

Scootaloo then laughed at Rainbow Dashes reaction, “Pffft, the face that you just pulled dash, haha,”

Then Rainbow Dash look shocked and went in a daze… Scootaloo just reacted the same way Firefly did? The big smile with red under her eye’s because she just cried and almost the exact same laugh. Rainbow could see Firefly her face on Scootaloo… the same expression, like when they were in school, at home and in… hospital.

Then Scootaloo was confused and started to be a little creeped out at the fact that rainbow dash was staring at her without even blinking. She then clapped with her two hooves in front of Rainbow Dashes face, and then said a little worried “Umm, Dash? What’s wrong?”

Rainbow Dash then shook her head and dropped back down to earth. “No, it’s nothing!” Rainbow Dash said “Let’s go to your mother now,”

“Oh-Okay…” Scootaloo said confused, then she started walking down the small hall, towards the hospital bed. Rainbow Dash followed.

When Scootaloo went around the corner of the hall, she then saw her mother’s worried expression. She quickly said reassuringly “Mom, it’s okay now, Rainbow and I made a deal, and I have a question… Am I staying at dashes or at our house?” she asked.

A small sigh of relief came from Scootaloo’s mom and she lightly giggled “You can choose honey, if dash is okay with it?” Then she looked at Rainbow Dash with half innocent and half pressuring eye’s.

Rainbow Laughed and said “Of course, Squirt can crash at my house!” Then Rainbow Dash thought for a second and asked awkwardly “uuum squirt, can you fly yet?”

“Ummm, hehe,” Scootaloo answered and her ears went down of embarrassment “Not really… hehe,” she said nervously.

Rainbow Dash then raised an eyebrow “Not really, that’s a ‘no’ then, you’ll just have to sleep at your house,”

Scootaloo then looked up at Rainbow Dash with big sad eyes “Pwease Rwainbow dwash, you can carry me… with the delivery cart… that Fluttershy has,”

Rainbow tried to keep a strong face on, the intense staring held up for a few minutes, but then gave into the cuteness. Then Rainbow said defeated “oh-oh-okay, just for this week...,”

Scootaloo then stared at her even more, with even bigger eyes. Rainbow Dash knew what she wanted “Fine, until your mom gets better,” she said with a sigh.

Scootaloo cheered and Scootaloo’s mother smiled at Rainbow Dash and mouthed to her ‘Thank you Dash’. Rainbow Dash then smiled lightly back then they both looked at Scootaloo with a light smile with a small gleam of sorrow. Scootaloo’s cheerful reaction reminded them of Firefly.

Then Rainbow said “Come Scoots, we better get going. Your mother needs rest and we need to get that cart!”

“Okay!” Scootaloo said cheerfully and climbed onto the bed and lightly cuddled her mother “See you tomorrow! I’m going to visit you every day, okay! So don’t worry,” Then she gave her mother a kiss on the cheek and whispered in her mother’s ear giggling “And I’ll make sure that Dash doesn’t do anything stupid,”

Scootaloo’s mom said then out loud “But first dashy needs to make sure you don’t do anything stupid!”

Dash looked confused and just said “Come Scoots, you’ve troubled your mom enough today…” and started walking down the hall.

“Bye mom, see ya tomorrow,” Scootaloo gave her mom a last kiss and hopped off of the bed and galloped around the corner to catch up with Rainbow Dash.

Then her mom quickly shouted “Listen to what Dashie says, okay honey!”

From the bed, Scootaloo’s mom heard “yeh, yeh!” and that made her smile.

Then she said to herself “Now it’s up to dashie,”

Author's Note:

get ready for the over worried author rambles:
please tell me if this is not good, or if it's too depressing or it's not depressing enough or it needs to be lighter or something, aaaaaaaah ... if it needs anything extra or something :applejackconfused:
sorry, that i haven't updated in awhile...
when i read this over it seem forced, but c'est la vie :derpytongue2:
And i think this fic needs a new title!!!

Now straight to business: if there are any faults, please comment or pm me about it, if you have any suggestions pm or comment (pm is better) if you have a suggestion for a new title pm or comment!
thanks for reading this chapter! and fic! :pinkiehappy::raritystarry:

Comments ( 3 )

It's great so far. It balances between depressing and a bit of comedy here and there.

Great job.

Login or register to comment