• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 732 Views, 10 Comments

you'll be in my heart - Cushionfighter4



Scootaloo has turned 13. But she would like to know who she realy is, after Scootaloo's mother tells her something which will change her life forever.

  • ...
8
 10
 732

the wind blows in the wrong direction

Scootaloo didn’t know what was happening, she was just following Rainbow Dash. The beautiful and colourful landscapes she admired were all just plain and bland. No beauty, nor colour.

Apple Bloom went back to the farm. She went in a slow pace with her ears drooped down to tell Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Bell what had happened.

When Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash went inside the hospital, a nurse was already waiting for them.

“Miss Rainbow Dash, Miss Scootaloo, follow me please,” The nurse said monotone.

She started walking to the stairs, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash followed her. When they got there, the nurse opened the door. The door slowly creaked open. Scootaloo slowly walked in and Rainbow Dash followed her. Scootaloo first walked past the small corridor with a toilet next to it and then looked around the corner where her mother was.

There was only one drip connected to her. She looked extremely tired, she had big black bags under her eyes and her hair was in a mess. When she saw her, she was relieved.

But all the worry and anxiety that was building up, overflew. Scootaloo started crying, she ran straight to her mother and cuddled her tightly.

Scootaloo said “I thought something horrible had happened, *sniffle* I thought I would lose you, Mom,” while trying to sniffle her tears away.

Scootaloo’s mother put a touched smile on her face, then she wiped Scootaloo’s tears away and patted her on the head “Scootaloo, look I’m fine, the doctor just said I overexerted myself, because work and the situation yesterday gave me a bundle of stress and anxiety. That’s all sweetie, so no need to worry!” she smiled again. “I’m aloud to leave the hospital tomorrow, they are just going to check me for one night! Okay sweetie?” and then she giggled.

Scootaloo then wiped the rest of her tears away with her hoof and sniffled a few times, then she nodded her head. Scootaloo then cuddled her mother again.

While Scootaloo was hugging, she felt something warm drop onto her head and then heard her mom sniffling. She looked up and saw her mom crying, she was trying to cover her face and stop, but she couldn’t. Scootaloo got confused, wasn’t her mother okay 10 seconds ago?

Then she heard her mom saying faintly “Scootaloo, could you please leave the room and wait outside and let Rainbow Dash and I have a private conversation?”

Scootaloo nodded and walked outside and closed the door. She sat herself down at the door watching the nurses and doctors walking and rushing past. Staring into space and trying to forget everything calmed Scootaloo down. Until one of the nurses came over, she was a white unicorn with a pink mane and purple eye’s. She tried to bring Scootaloo’s consciousness on earth. The nurse noticed that a tear was running down her already red cheek. She clapped with her two hooves next to Scootaloo’s left ear. She finally snapped out of it. Then the nurse asked concerned “Are you okay sweetie?”

Scootaloo shook her head to wake up a bit and quickly wiped the single tear off of her face and answered “Yeah, my mom and Rainbow Dash are having a conversation that I’m not allowed to hear, so I need to wait here,” and then her ears drooped down.

“Well, I’ll bring a chair over and sit with you, okay? Until I get paged, okay?” she said with a reassuring smile and gently patted Scootaloo on the back.

Then she went to the waiting room and took two chairs with her magic and placed them by the door. Then she sat down and Scootaloo came and sat next to her.

“So sweetie, what is your name?”

“umm, my name is Scootaloo,” She said shyly “And yours?”

The nurse replied cheerfully “My name is nurse Pink Calendula, just call me Pink or Calendula!”

“So are you a burn specialist?” Scootaloo asked, then her mane formed into the shape of Twilight's Mane. “‘cause, whether you prefer your calendulas orange, yellow or somewhere in between, all are easy to grow in cool weather and bloom for weeks or months if you remove seed heads before they mature. Calendulas make great cut flowers, but their greatest use may be as topical oils or creams for burned or injured skin,” Scootaloo blurted out and then took a deep breath.

Calendula giggled cheerfully “Yes, you are correct. But between my friends I’m more known for being the ‘heartburn’ specialist. That’s why my cutiemark is a flame with two calendulas diagonally across it. What does your cutiemark represent Scootaloo?” she asked while looking at her cutiemark.

Scootaloo’s eyes became big from excitement “Well, two my friends and I formed a group together to look for our cutiemarks, we were called the ‘Cutiemark Crusaders’! After 5 years of searching, we got our cutiemarks! We help other fillies get their cutiemark!” she said proudly.

Then Calendulas horn started flashing. It was a pink flash, I flashed on and off. Calendula then looked at her horn and then tapped it. “Oh, sorry Scootaloo! I’ll have to leave you, I just got paged,” she said.

“It’s okay! It’s your job right? Thank you for sitting with me,” Scootaloo said thankfully.

Calendula smiled and waved goodbye “My pleasure and see you next time!” Then she walked down the hall through the big doors to go to another ward.

Scootaloo breathed in slowly. She felt happier and more relaxed.

Then Rainbow Dash came outside with red lines under her eyes and her cheeks looked wet and ruffled. Her ears were drooped down. She sat on the chair next to Scootaloo. “Hey Scoots,” She said in a trembling voice “Your mom would like to talk to you,”

Scootaloo started getting nervous, Rainbow Dash looked like she had cried. She got up and walked slowly through the door and the hall. She stopped and breathed in, she repeated in her head ‘Mommy is fine, mommy is fine, mommy IS fine!’

She started walking to the bed, in a slow and steady pace, until she got to the bed. She breathed in again “Mom, Rainbow Dash said you wanted to talk to me?” she said nervously.

Scootaloo’s mum patted next to her “Scootaloo could you sit up here please,” her voice started to wobble.

Scootaloo climbed on to the bed and sat next to her mum.

Scootaloo’s mum started to talk “Scootaloo, what I said earlier…” She paused, her voice was trembling more and more, like she was about to cry. “Was a lie, I have Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, I might not be able to take care of you anymore… If I can’t then Rainbow Dash will” She closed her eyes and started to cry, and muttered and her crying. “take care of you…”

Scootaloo was shocked, ‘What? No, this isn’t true’ were the thoughts that were running through her head. Her head was spinning, she just wanted to go somewhere where no one else was. She remembered that there was a bathroom in the hall, so she jumped off of the bed and ran to the toilet shut the door and sat on the toilet.

She started crying. ‘it’s all my fault, if yesterday I would of reacted differently and not had pushed her and not have ran away, then she would have been okay!’ she thought to herself.

Then she heard someone knocking on the door. “Scoots open the door please,” it was Rainbow Dash!

“No, Dash, if you take care of me then you’ll get sick too, I’m cursed… It’s all my fault,”

Author's Note:

author's ramble: Sorry that it took so long! if it isn't emotional enough, tell me. My writing is quite bland . any questions? ask me!