• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,212 Views, 17 Comments

Daring Do and the Bleeding Stone - cajun brony94



Dareing do gose on another thrilling advnture to recover a blood ruby lost in an ancient tombe

  • ...
3
 17
 1,212

Arrival

Chapter 3: Arrival


It took almost twenty four hours for the driver to get to Las Pegasus. At last they have arrived at Las Pegasus, it was late, everywhere there was bright lights, flashing colors, and shouting coming from other ponies. Aerohead heard music coming from a center resort and casino.

“Like a fella once said, ain’t that a buck in the head.” Aerohead looked around and say nothing but large scale resorts, bars, casinos, and strip clubs. He then noticed that daring was walking towed one of the resorts. He caught up and asked

“Daring, where exactly are we going?” Daring couldn't hear him over the loud noise of the city. He asked again louder to try and get daring attention. Finally Daring noticed him and replied

“Oh, sorry. Hard to heard you over all this noise. We need to lay low for a while. And we can probably do as much research as we can here. You still have your map right?” Aerohead responded with a simple nod, But then looked worried.

“What’s wrong?” Daring asked. Aerohead then looked like he was beginning to panic.

“Daring, I left the old journals on the train!” He said

“Grate, just great.” Daring said placing her hoof on her forehead.

“You think the men who chased us down got them?” Daring asked

“I hid them, I don’t think so, only problem is, there's the possibility that they searched the room. So I don't know.”

“Ok, I have an idea though, it'll be a long shot, but it just might work.” Daring said.

“What do you have in mind?” Aerohead asked

“I know where the Las Pegasus University is, we might be able to find something there.” as they continued to converse they walked into the resort.

“We may as well have some fun while we're here. Let’s get a drink.” Daring said with a smile. Aerohead followed hesitantly. In the bar they stopped for a moment to look around, Aerohead inhaled heavily through his nose.

“It smells like booze and smoke in here, I don't like it.” Aerohead said angrily. Then he trotted toward the black jack tables. Daring went toward the bar, there she sat next to an earth pony, he was a blue pony, with black hair and a goatee. He had two empty drinking glasses by him and one half full of scotch. His head was down on the bar top.

“Rough night Lucky Jack?” Daring said. Lucky Jack looked up at her and said.

“No different than any other night.” He replied. She asked the bartender for a cup of cider. Lucky Jack was quite for a minute or two. Finally he said

“Why are you hear, you don't seem like the kind of pony to come crawling back after--”

“Meeting you here was nothing more than coincidence, I'm here to find something of high value.” Daring interrupted. He looked at her with a smirk on his face. He chuckled and said

“Well sweet heart you came to the right place, everything that is valuable is lost here, there are no winners. So if you want to rob the place, then we can--”

“I'm not robbing the casino. Who do you think you are Torte Dillinger?” Daring interrupted again. Daring looked angry at Lucky, and they were silent again. Finally, the bartender brought Daring a glass full of foaming cider. Daring took a large sip from it and placed the glass back on the counter top.

“Why are you here then?” Lucky finally asked. Daring took another sip of her cider, looked at Lucky and said

“I'm looking for a blood ruby, hidden in a tomb. It’s been said that the tomb has is hidden in the desert nearby.” Lucky Jack just looked confused at her.

“Hay if I know anything about that.” He responded. Lucky took a sip from the glass of scotch. They were both silent again, Lucky finally asked

“Why are you looking for this thing anyway? What’s your motivation to find this stupid rock anyway?” Daring took another big sip from the cider, she was silent.

“Can’t tell me huh?” Lucky said, daring was still silent. She couldn't answer; she herself didn't know why she was looking for this blood ruby, or anything she ever found. All she ever did was put her artifacts on her shelves and let them collect dust. Aerohead soon came back and said,

“Daring, can we get outta here now? I'm starting to feel sick from this smell.” he then took notice of Lucky jack sitting next to daring.

“Who’s he?” he asked

“Name’s lucky jack, just lucky to you kid.” the half drunken earth pony answered. Aero only responded with an angry stare. Lucky just laughed and nearly fell out of the bar stool he was sitting on.

“Come with me, I'll take you to my room.” He stammered. He stood up from his seat, wobbled a bit and stammered again “follow me” he could barely walk a straight line to the elevator. He somehow managed to call it.

“You know him daring” Aero asked daring after seeing lucky make a spectacle of himself.

“I’d rather not say anything about that Aero. Besides, shouldn’t we be thankful we someplace to lay low?” Daring said rather angrily. Just as they arrived to the elevator it had arrived. The group went inside and luck hit the button to take them to the 5th floor.

“So Daring hic is this guy hic your colt friend? 'Cuz I can h-ook you two up sometime hic sometime, if you wanted too.....too.....you know” Lucky Said as he warped his hoof over daring s shoulder , winking at her. Daring gave Lucky an annoyed look, she then responded by smacking him in the head.

“Now that waz uncalled for” Lucky said as he fell to the floor. Daring smacked a hoof against her head in annoyance.

“You actually know this clown?” Aero asked with sarcasm. Daring just ignored him as she garbed Lucky's room key.

“Room 503, we can lay low for a while, I have an idea about what we can do since you lost all of our resources to finding the ruby.” Daring the picked up lucky and carried him to the room. When they arrived they took notice of the mess in his room, it was nearly a derelict.

“Ugh just look at this mess, this place is filthy!” Aero commented as he started to clean up the room a bit. Daring laughed and put lucky on the couch for him to rest

“Wow Areo, you really are Rarity's husband.” Aero was too distracted cleaning to pay attrition. Daring then took her explorers vest off, he took notice of the revolver in its holster, then suddenly remembered Aero's nerves brake down while they were being chased by Henrich's goons.

“Aero, something’s bothering me.” she said to him in a calm voice. Aero glanced at her and replied with

“What? I like keeping things tidy.” Daring just shook heard

“It’s not that. Earlier, when we were on the run from Henrich's goon squad. You really seemed afraid of the gun I pulled out. You were almost having a panic attack”

“Well I was around guns a lot in as a little colt, I was nearly killed once, it kinda...traumatized me”

“You weren’t scared when Henrich pulled a gun on you”

“Daring he was pointing a gun at my waif, you can bet you flank I was scared! Hay I thought I was going to die! But I did it for her, so she could live! I took a bullet for her, and broke my wing, and I’d do it again if I have to!” Aero snapped.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell” he apologized. Daring only nodded, then looked at lucky.

“We're going to wait until he wakes up. In the mean time I'll get some rest myself. You should too.” Aero only shook his head and said

“Maybe I should go and scout downstairs, see if anything looks a little too suspicious” Aero responded. He soon left the room to head down to the lobby. Daring then just moved to the large king sized bed and lied down on it, she then fell asleep. Meanwhile Aero was in the elevator, going down. The elevator finally reached the lobby and Aero walked out. He noticed that the lobby was empty; the front desk only had one pony working at it. The only room that had ponies in it was the casino. Aero walked in to see if Henrich's goons where looking for them. The casino was crowded, and full of ponies. It was very loud due to a concert being held there. Aero also recognized the smell of booze and smoke, which smelt worse then it did before. He did notice a strange pony asking about something. He couldn't quit make out what he was saying. He got a little closer without being noticed by him.

“Do you know ze pony by ze name of Dreing Doo.” Aero know exactly why he wanted to find daring. He glanced toward the pony to see it was not Henrich, but rather, a very large and muscular pony. He was towering over everypony, and he was obviously far stronger then anypony els. Aero was afraid of this pony, and he knew that if stayed at the hotel he'd be found out eventually. Even faster if he stayed down there. Aero Looked around desperately for anything that he could use as a distraction. At last opportunity struck, aero saw a pony staggering around trying to keep his balance, talking with slurred speech. He approached the intoxicated pony and said “Hay, you see that pony over there.”

“yesh, I-I see hic him”

“Do you know what he said about your mother?”

“No...wha he say?” Aero then leaned tword him and wispered something in his ear

“wha...that son ov a bich, I'll kill em, I'll kill em.” the drunken pony then stagered over to the huge pony. And started swinging his hooves at him

“What are you doing? Saufkopf” it wasn’t much, but it was a distraction. Just then, a concert was starting. The band started playing a song on the stage in the large casino, starting out rather slow. Then the lead vocalist grabbed his mic and sang

“Take me down to the paradise city,”

“Where the grass is green, and”

“The mares are pretty!! Oh”

“Won't you please take me home, yeah, yeah!!”

Aero saw this as an opportunity to give this huge pony the slip. He knew that Henrich was in Las Pegasus with them, and they had to find king Orion’s ascent blood ruby, and fast. Aero went to elevators, and called it.
From a distance he saw the huge muscular pony approach him. He was getting closer. Looking at Aero with incredible fury in his eyes. Aero pressed the call button again, and again. Peek his head from the corner every few seconds to see how close the giant was getting. “Come on, come on!!” He said with instance anxiety at last the elevator door opened, just as the y did the giant turned the corner and reached to grab Aero by his broken wing. He only narrowly missed him by mere seconds, as he sprinted in to the elevator. Aero the pushed the button to the 5th floor as fast as he could

“dummko--” he was cut off but the closing doors. He breathed a sigh of relief and wiped to sweat away from his forehead. The elevator arrived at the 5th floor and Aero ran out as fast as he could, sprinting to the room.

“Daring open up, we got a huge problem!” He said thought the door. Finally she opened it and yawned.

“What is it?” she asked. Aero then ran in and slammed the door shut.

“It's Heinrich, he knows we're here, he's sent a henchmen after us. He was bucking huge!” Aero said as he was pacing back and forth anxiously. Daring sighed and said

“Grate, now he’s sending him after us, his name is Rüdiger, he's Heinrich's brother, and his personal hit pony” A sudden pounding came at the door. Lucky had woke up and said

“I'll get it.” He was holding his head from the hangover.

“We need to get out of here Aero, now. I know where we can find a pony who can help us find the tomb of Orion.” Daring said outing her explores vest back on. The pounding came again, this time harder and louder. Lucky groaned and said

“Alright alright, don't get your saddle in a knot, I’m coming.” Suddenly the door was kicked in and there stood Rüdiger towering over the ponies ready to tear them apart.

Comments ( 1 )

Your extensive use of commas concerns me, Cajun.

It is a good story and I am working on a Daring Do story as well, so I know that this is a pretty good story. This story has my like, but sadly I don't have the time to continue to read it. :twilightsheepish:

Good luck! :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment