• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 537 Views, 4 Comments

Just Another Sunny Day - Pastel Poet



Sunset Shimmer finds herself trapped in an alternate human dimension.

  • ...
 4
 537

Just Another Sunny Day

Author's Note:

This fanfiction will be finished soon, so please give me some time! Also, please feel free to critique me as this is my first ever fanfiction! :)

Thanks for your consideration!

-Pastel Poet

It was a chilly afternoon, but that didn’t bother you. The warmth of the sun felt like a hobo’s trashcan campfire in the bitterness of winter. As you recline in your porch swing, arms cradling your head, looking up at the sky, you had one thing on your mind, Spring Break.
Every day of the week had been totally planned out. You even set bed times for yourself so that you could get the most experience out of each day. As you keep thinking about how perfect your week is going to be, you start to drift off into sleep, but you shake your head to wake up.

“You’ll have plenty of relaxing time during the week, you simply cannot waste any more time,” you say aloud as you spring up from your swing.

Walking to the door, you hear a hissing sound, like a Cicada echoing in the summer breeze, but you brush it off and reach for the door knob. Suddenly, flashes of lightening reflect off the glass insert in the door and into your eyes. You quickly pull your hand away from the door knob, cover both your eyes, and turn around. Three claps of thunder follow the blinding flashes, each one seemed louder than the last. You now have both eyes and ears closed begging this seemingly endless rain of torture to stop. The last thing you hear is a long shriek from what sounded like tires, followed by a dying hiss.

Guessing that these horrifying sounds of terror have stopped, you remove your hands slowly away from your ears and open your eyes still traumatized by the previous events. You find yourself staring at a familiar looking car parked slanted on your street, approximately 30 meters away from your current position.

“Is that, a DeLorean?” you ask yourself.

Thoughts start to flow throughout your mind as you slowly make your way to the source of the awful sounds. As you get closer and closer to the DeLorean, you start to notice smoke ascending from the hood and swirling from underneath the car as well as two trails of fire that came from the back tires.

“I wonder who’s driving it?” you quietly say out loud.

Just as you reach for the door handle, the driver door swings upward with yet another hissing sound, dumping more smoke out into the atmosphere. You strain to see whoever could possibly be piloting this magnificent machine, but the smoke continues to disperse from the vehicle. After what seemed like forever, the awkward silence is finally broken by a familiar voice as the smoke dissipates.

“Where am I?” the stranger proclaims, but her voice is muffled by the helmet on her head.

“This sure doesn’t look like Ponyville to me?” she questions looking over her left shoulder then back to the front window. “This damn helmet is bugging the crap out of me! I don’t know why that doctor insisted on me wearing it!” she continues in frustration.

Your mind is racing with excitement, now knowing who that voice belongs to. The stranger squeezes out of her small helmet. Finally, after a few minutes, she frees herself from the tyranny of the helmet and reveals her luscious locks of red and yellow striped hair. Putting the helmet on her lap, she shakes her head rapidly trying to remove any traces of helmet hair.

“Woo-wee!” she yells with adrenaline, still not noticing you standing awkwardly outside the DeLorean, “Doc was right about it feeling a little funny for my first time, but that sure was cool.”

She finally stops talking to herself and starts to get up from her seat. As she reaches up and grabs the strap dangling from the door for support, she lifts her head up to see you standing in her way. She screams in fear and confusion as she quickly pulls her hand down from the strap to her face. You jump a little from her unexpected scream, but you knew it was coming because you knew that she would, since this is practically a new world for her.

“Um, hi?” you say raising your right hand a bit in an attempt to wave.

“Please don’t shoot me!” the stranger interrupts, begging for your mercy.

You look at her with a confused expression. You did not expect that to come out of her. Slowly putting your hand out in front of you in an attempt to shake her hand, you try and assess the awkward situation and begin to introduce yourself. Still afraid, she slowly lifts her arm away from her head and meets your eyes to find a welcoming face in such a strange new world. With a sheepish smile, she matches her hand with yours, now feeling a little more comfortable. After three firm shakes, you both release your grip.

“Hi. My name is Sunset Shimmer.” she says still sitting in an awkward position in the driver’s seat.

“I know,” you say with a smile as you reach your hand out again offering to help her up.

“Um, how do you know my name?” she says setting her helmet down and reaching for your hand once more for support.

“It’s a long story,” you say with a bit of hesitation.

With the smoke and trails of fire nearly gone, you both continue to stare at one another for what seemed like an eternity. During this time, you take this opportunity to further examine your newly found alien acquaintance. You notice her cream colored skin underneath the purple and blue striped jump suit she wore for the occasion. Her aqua blue eyes glow in the now fading sunset, still filled with fear and confusion.
She does the same to you. She notices that you’re wearing a dark blue zip up hoodie with fleece on the inside. Underneath the hoodie, you wore a standard white t-shirt. It was a bit torn on the neck, but you didn’t care. You were standing in front of a figure that you idled in your spare time and you couldn’t believe that she had come to your world.

“So, where exactly am I?” Sunset Shimmer said breaking the silence once more.

“Welcome to Earth! My race’s humble abode!” you say with both your arms spread wide as if you were describing how big something was.

“Earth?” Sunset says putting her right hand over her mouth, cupping her top lip with a finger and supporting the others on her chin with a confused expression. “That can’t be right? Doc said that this car would take me to Ponyville!”

She started to pace back and forth in front of you, still cupping her mouth with her fingers, contemplating about how to fix this situation. You try to calm her down by telling her that everything is going to be alright and then ask her how a time machine was able to teleport to another dimension when you knew that it could only travel in time.

“Well, that’s also kind of a long story.” She said still pacing, now biting her thumb softly. “Doc said that he couldn’t travel through time because that he didn’t want to keep altering the space time continuum anymore. Plus he said that he’s getting to old for it.” She continued, taking out her thumb a bit to smile, but carried on with her pacing.

You ask her if she needed anything such as a drink, some food, a change of clothes, and a place to stay. You know? The usual stuff you’d ask a stranger. Sunset stops pacing, looks at you, puts her hand down, takes a deep breath and exhales in an effort to calm herself.

“Sure, I could use a place to stay until I figure out how to work this stupid DeLorean again as well as all that other stuff you mentioned.” She says still smiling as she kicks the bumper to let out the last bit of rage and confusion towards the car.

You both start to head back to your house when a sudden gust of cool wind blew in, causing Sunset to wrap her arms around her chest trying to warm herself. The jump suit that she was wearing wasn’t helping this time of year. Feeling bad for her, you attempt to put your arm around her shoulders, but take off your hoodie instead and hand it over. Quickly taking your offer of warmth, she puts it on. She struggles a bit because of the jump suit, but she manages to slip into it wrapping her arms around herself once more.

Opening the door to your house, you let Sunset go in first and offer her to make herself at home.

“Mi casa es su casa!” you say first in Spanish then translate in English because you notice the look that Sunset gave you in a response to that phrase. “My house is your house!”

With a relieved look, Sunset stepped into the foyer of the home and began to take off her boots. She looked up at you and noticed you had a confused expression, so she explained her actions.

“Back home, I always take off my shoes when I enter my house or anyone else’s home. While still trying to figure out the ways of human attributes, I read in a magazine and saw that it was the polite thing to do when entering a home.”

You smile and shrug as if you were trying to brush it off. You didn’t normally do that in your house because your feet were always cold. She looks at you with her right eye brow perked up a bit in confusion.

“What? You don’t take off your shoes in your own home?” She said as she exchanged her look for a more pleasing smile.
Continuing through the house, you both make your way to the kitchen. You walk over to the island bar, pull out a chair, and offer Sunset a place to sit.

“Thanks!” She says grabbing the chair from you and sitting down.

“So, Sunset, what brings you to Earth?” you say as you reach for the refrigerator door.
Sunset hesitated a bit before answering.

“Well, I was supposed to be traveling back to Equestria to get some more detailed answers on how magic works in my world, but I waited too long to go back through the portal so I was stuck in my human world for another 30 moons.”

You look back at Sunset who had her head buried in her arms on the table. Turning back to the refrigerator, you begin to pull out the ingredients needed for a ham sandwich. Sunset picks her head up and notices you fidgeting in your fridge.

“Hmm. Ok, so if the portal to Equestria was closed, then how did you turn a time machine into a teleporter?” you say as you stand up, putting a tub of mayonnaise, a packet of ham, a jar of pickles, and a slice of cheese on the island table to begin making the sandwich.

“I don’t know how Doc Brown made his stupid time machine into a teleporter?!” She says raising her tone a bit in confusion, but not too much.

Comments ( 4 )

Oh a quick thing that irritates many but is too small to be mentioned, don't forget to write the numbers in actual letters!
And try not to finish the chapter so abruptly, it's confusing!

Although the rest is great! Waiting for more!

6949898 Thanks for the feedback! :)

Hey! I left you a critique on your story as it stands. It's over here.

Login or register to comment