• Published 27th Aug 2019
  • 6,066 Views, 479 Comments

Chaotic Harmony: Do Over - shirotora



A human finds himself in Equestria where other humans - turned into one of the various native races - have been living for hundreds of years.

  • ...
29
 479
 6,066

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Getting Back to My Old Life

The rest of the evening passed uneventfully. There wasn't even much conversation. We were all just happy that everyone survived, and worried about what the future held.

We ate a quick meal from the Hayburger, and then went to bed. The kids, as little as that term applied anymore, didn't even make it to Midnight's room and passed out on the couch, while me, Jynx, and Twilight barely made it to ours.

The next morning Jynx and I woke up, made love after Twilight had left, and then held each other for at least half an hour before we got up.

The rest of that day was... awkward. I mean, it wasn't every day someone who died was suddenly walking around town. There were more than a few accusations of being a changeling.

The most awkward part was seeing my own grave. I had to wonder, was my body still there? If I dug up my coffin, would I find my own corpse decaying inside?

When asked how I wanted to proceed with it, I said, "In total, eternal ignorance."

I still, to this day, have no idea what they did with it or if it was even there, and I aim to keep it that way.

The worst part of the day, though, was going to see Rainbow Dash and tell her the bad news.

It broke her.

That almost broke me.

The following day was when I started putting in the work to get my life back in order.

First was town hall, to get my death reversed. At least, that was my intent. Turned out I couldn't get my death reversed, because I was, in fact, dead. Instead, I had to fill out a resurrection registration form. Because in a land of magic and unicorns with similar bureaucracy as Earth, those are a thing. They even had one specifically for divine intervention.

Two years and this place still threw me for a loop.

After that, I went to the café to see if Souffle would give me my job back. It turned out, he had already replaced me and couldn't, in good conscience, fire the new guy just for me. While I was upset I couldn't get my job back, I understood and even agreed with his decision. That just meant I had to find a new job.

That could wait, though. Me, Jynx, and our various dates all decided that we would try to get back to our old routine, but with Scootaloo added in.

At first, I was going to make our date night Monday, but after talking to Jynx and Fluttershy, we decided to make it Friday and move Fluttershy's day to Monday. It would be easier for Scootaloo, seeing as she was still in school and had decided to continue her education after she graduated in a few months.

I contemplated this as I laid in bed, gently stroking Fluttershy's back as she dozed after I had worn her out.

"Hey, Shiro? Oh! Sorry," Jynx whispered after she noticed a sleeping Shy.

Fluttershy cracked an eye open. "It's okay. I really should be going. Do you mind if I use your shower first?"

I chuckled, giving her a peck. "You know you don't have to ask, right?"

"I know. Force of habit," Fluttershy said.

As the dragon pony left, Jynx gave a warm smile. "I'm glad to see your feelings for us haven't changed."

"Not a million years, nor a thousand deaths could ever hope to tarnish the love I hold for you two," I said in my best posh tone.

Jynx giggled. "You're not becoming a poet, are you?"

"Me? Nah."

"Anyway, you mind coming to the lab with me? I need your muscles and opposable thumbs."

I gave her a lidded look and grin. "Oh? You like mah muscles and thumbs, do you?"

She returned the look. "Among other things. But I'll have to wait to play with those. We have work to do."

"Lead the way," I said.

It was a rare treat for me to get to see her lab. It was in a secure bunker under the shed in our backyard with a arcane lock keyed only to Jynx and Twilight. I'd seen it before, of course, but not often. Usually just when she needed me to help with moving something.

"So, anything interesting since... Ah went away," I asked.

"Maybe. I haven't been in a lab to do any physical work, but I've been doing plenty of research and theoretical work," Jynx explained.

The lab looked much the same, except for a couple magic dodads and crystal thingamajigs. My bike was also in there, much to my joy.

"I actually have something I want to do with that, so you'll have to wait to get it back," Jynx said, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

She led me back to a device that looked like a a cross between a proton pack and cerebro.

"I need you to help me put this on," she asked.

"Alright," I said, lifting the pack up. "It's a little heavy."

"It's a prototype, so the finished product will be smaller," Jynx said. "Go ahead. The straps should be pretty self explanatory. Just make sure the silver is against me"

I placed the large pack on her back and started getting the straps in place, silver side in. When I got it fitted, she put on the helmet.

"So, we goin' skydivin'?" I asked.

"Ha ha. So funny," Jynx said sarcastically. "Keep on making joke and you might find yourself getting hentai'd."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Hentai'd?"

Suddenly a pair a metal tendrals extended from the pack on her back and started wiggling toward me.

"Oh, hell no!" I jumped back, paws shooting to protect my orifices.

Jynx laughed. "What, I think you'd like it. Just imagine this thing," she wiggled one of the disturbingly phallic tentacles in my face, "sliding up there before-" with a metalic sound, the tip split into a four pronged claw.

"Keep that away from my holes," I said.

Jynx laughed. "Oh, don't worry. It isn't for that. It's for this..."

The tentacles moved toward a set of blocks. She carefully started trying to grab the blocks with the claws and arrange them. It wasn't very precise, but it was still impressive.

"Should I start calling you Doc Ock?" I asked

Jynx giggled. "I only have two extras."

"Then how about Cuddle Bug?"

Jynx snortled. "Oh, gods. That actually sounds like a comic character. Seriously, stop. I want to concentrate on this. It's not as easy as you might think."

"Controlin' a third pair of limbs you not only never had but operate in a way no pony limb ever has is even harder than Ah think?"

Jynx paused for a couple seconds. " Never mind. It's exactly as hard as you think."


I decided to leave Jynx to practice with her new toy and decided to go find the one pony I hadn't really had time to see, yet.

I walked into Sugarcube Corner, getting a huge smile from Mister Cake.

"Well, I'll be. You really are back from the dead," he said. "What can I get for you?"

"Actually, Ah was hopin' Cedric was here," I said.

He gave me a confused look. "Who?"

I cocked an eyebrow. "Cedric... sparkly red guy."

Mister Cake hummed in thought. "Nope, don't know anyone by that name."

"What do you... Missus Cake, hey, is Cedric here?" I asked the mare of the house as she came in with a tray of cookies.

"I'm afraid I don't know who that is," she replied. "Pinkie, do you know anyone named Cedric?"

Pinkie popped her head out. "Nope. No pony in Ponyville with that name."

"Oh, come on. You know who Ah'm asking about."

"Who's he looking for?" I recognized Cedric's voice.

"Somepony named Cedric," Pinkie said. "Do you know who he's talking about?"

"Nope. Don't know any Cedric," Cedric said.

Admittedly, I'm rather ashamed it took me so long to figure it out.

"Wait... did you take a pony name?" I asked.

The pony formerly known as Cedric chuckled. "Took you long enough."

"And none of you could have just said so?" I asked, mock accusingly.

Mister Cake laughed. "He convinced us to play along."

I sighed. "Well, it was a good one, Ah'll admit. So, what is it?"

"Phoenix," he replied.

"My Phee-Phee!" Pinkie said, nuzzling into his side.

"Are y'all... holy shit, you are!" I said in mild surprise. Their blushes answered for them. "Well, hot damn. It's about time."

"That's what I said," Missus Cake commented with a smirk.

"How long?"

"Three weeks, now," Phoenix replied. "And every second of it has been amazing."

"Aww, thank you, Phee," Pinkie said, giving him a big hug.

I chuckled. "Just wait. It's not official until after your first big argument."

Mister and Missus Cake both laughed. They knew.


I hung out with Phoenix and Pinkie for a solid hour before I decided to meet the kids after school and talk to them. I arrived just after the bell rang and foals were pouring out of the school house.

"Dad!" Midnight cheered as he ran in for a hug.

He had been rather clingy since I came back. It wasn't hard to figure out why. First his parents died, then his caretaker after them died, the folks that ran the orphanage died, then I died. Everyone he had ever loved in the past died. Now, one of them came back.

"Hey, kiddo," I said. "How was class?"

"Good. We talked about options after graduation. We all already know what we're doing, though."

I looked up at the three fillies that followed him.

"Jesus, Sweetie. You hit a growth spurt?" I asked. "How did Ah not notice the other day?"

Sweetie giggled, striking a pose that would make any supermodel proud. "That's right. I'm taller than Rarity, even. By two inches."

I sighed. "You kids aren't even kids anymore. Makin' me feel old over here. You sure Ah'm not too old for you, Scoots?"

They all laughed.

"Hey, you aren't old," Applebloom said.

"Yeah," Sweetie agreed. "Besides, Big Mac's older than you and he's dating Applebloom, now."

I looked shocked at the filly in question as she rolled her eyes. "We're considerin' datin'. Ain't nothin' been decided, yet."

Midnight chuckled. "Yeah, sure. Because there's a chance you won't. At least dad has an excuse for being weird about it."

"Hey, we aren't bein' weird about it," Applebloom insisted. "We just don't want to jump into anything that might make things awkward if it don't work out."

"Filly, he's super hot and an absolute gentlestallion," Sweetie said with a light stamp of her hoof. "I've been begging Rarity to fill out my consent forms so I could have a ride."

"Damn, Sweetie," I said, surprised at her comment.

She smirked at me. "Oh, you too. Scootaloo isn't the only one that fantasized about you on top of her. I'm just waiting because Scootaloo has dibs."

Scootaloo steppedbetween us. "Alright, back off a bit. You're making him uncomfortable."

"Okay, sorry," Sweetie said.

"She's not wrong, though," Applebloom said. "We all really care about you, and want to share that with you. It's alright if you don't, though. Our feelin's won't change."

That was like a slap in the face, and a bucket of cold water at once. This was not what I was expecting when I decided to talk to them.

Speaking of which. "So! The Junior Rangers! How are they?"

The three shared a giggle before Scoitaloo replied. "We're doing awesome! We just swore in two new members, and have a bunch of new gadgets. We've been training people how to use them and set up a bunch more emergency stations around town."

"And Mister Rich donated a bunch of money after one of our sticky bombs helped Diamond Tiara get away from a timberwolf," Applebloom added.

"He was already a major donor," I noted. "Ah'll have to thank him. Maybe I'll make him some fish. I know he likes it, but his cooks hate the smell."

"And he's too nice to ask them to make something they hate the smell of," Midnight finished.

"So, you want to hang out with us?" Scootaloo asked.

I was going to before, when I first approached, but Sweetie's and Bloom's comments kinda threw me off. They really looked like mares, now. Still, I couldn't help remember the fillies I first met just two short years ago. Besides, one of them was dating my son.

Then again, maybe spending more time with them would help me better see Scootaloo as the mare she is.

"Sure, what're we doin'?"

"We were going to revisit some old crusades we tried, but this time just for fun," Sweetie said.

"Yeah, we realized we were so focused on gettin' cutie marks we didn't let ourselves just enjoy things," Scootaloo added.

I laughed. "Sounds fun. Let's do it!"

PreviousChapters Next