• Published 27th Aug 2019
  • 6,031 Views, 479 Comments

Chaotic Harmony: Do Over - shirotora



A human finds himself in Equestria where other humans - turned into one of the various native races - have been living for hundreds of years.

  • ...
29
 479
 6,031

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: Fatherhood

I didn’t want to leave the hospital. I wanted to stay with Jynx and little Razor Wind, but she eventually browbeat me into going home and relaxing. She brought up the fact that I would be having to help take care of both her and the baby for a couple days when they came home as she would still be recovering a little, so I needed to go home and relax while I could.

Relaxing, though, had to wait, as the moment I left the hospital I was beset by a quartet of excited youngsters.

“What’s he like?” Midnight asked.

“Is he really part pegasus?” Scootaloo followed up.

“Is he super adorable?” Sweetie Belle joined in the barrage.

“When can we meet him?” Applebloom capped off the assault.

I chuckled. “He was only just born, yes, absolutely, and soon.”

“We demand pictures!” Sweetie stated, stamping a hoof.

“As you wish,” I said as I pulled out a few pictures Rarity took for us.

“Oh my gosh, he’s so cute!” Sweetie squeed so loud it hurt.

“When are they coming home?” Midnight asked.

“Not for a few days, Ah’m afraid,” I explained. “You’re brother’s a hybrid, and that means he might have some... complications.”

“Oh, right,” Midnight said, a little worried. “But, he’s a hybrid because your magic made it possible, right? Your magic would have made sure everything’s fine.”

“Possibly, but magic can only do so much. Ah’m only so powerful, after all,” I explained. “But don’t worry. Ah think it’ll be okay, too.”

“Yeah, if your magic did it, I’m sure he’s fine,” Scootaloo said with a confident nod. “So, what are you going to be doing now?”

“Well, me and Shy are probably goin' to finish up our date,” I said. “What about you kids?”

“We were actually going to head back to Rarity’s and see if we can help her out with anything,” Midnight said.

“Oh? Well, behave for her. Ah take it you’re stayin’ the night at her place?'' I guessed.

“Probably,” Sweetie said.

“Does Rarity have enough to make dinner for all of you?” I asked

Sweetie pondered for a moment. “I’m not sure, but if she doesn’t we’ll probably get something from Hay Burger.”

“You don’t have to do that,” I said. “If she needs more, get some stuff from our house. Midnight, you have your key, right?”

“Eeyup,” Midnight said. “I never leave home without it.”

“Atta boy,” I said. “You kids have fun.”

“Kay!” they replied, together, before running off.

I chuckled as they sped away, almost knocking several ponies down. It was good seeing them still willing to act like foals. Most ponies their age were too worried about growing up as soon as possible.

In less than two years, they were going to be pre-adults. That was still a concept I was getting used to. They would be expected to get part-time jobs. They would be able to drink alcohol, though only at home. Heck, they would even be allowed to have intimate relationships with older ponies.

I sighed. There was no point focusing on that, at least until they were thirteen. That thought reminded me that Scootaloo’s birthday was coming up.

“Ah should really start thinkin’ about a birthday present.”


Fluttershy collapsed on top of me, panting, as I wrapped my arms around her. We basked in the afterglow of our love making for several minutes.

I had never seen Fluttershy so bold. The moment she answered her door, she was all over me.

“What’s got you so frisky?” I asked. “And before you apologize or somethin’, Ah liked it.”

Fluttershy chuckled. “I guess I am rather predictable. Seeing little Razor Wind just got me thinking about being a mommy, and... well...”

“Ah see,” I said, holding her tighter. “You wanna be a mother.”

Fluttershy rested her head against my chest as she nodded. “I really want to be married before I do, but I’m not sure I will ever find someone.”

“You’re kiddin', right?” I said. “You’re one of the most amazing mares Ah’ve ever known. If Ah never met Jynx, you would already be married.”

Fluttershy sighed, blissfully, at that. “Are you trying to make me jealous of her?”

I chuckled. “Nah. You still have me, and one day you’ll find someone who’ll make you a very, very, happy bride.”

“If I marry a mare, would you sire our foal?” she asked.

“Ah would be glad to,” I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“And what if I don’t marry anyone?” she asked, a little quieter.

I thought for a moment. “Ah’ll tell you what. Give it a few years. If you don’t find someone, Ah’ll give you a baby if you still want me to.”

I felt little droplets of moisture on my chest as Fluttershy simply said, “Thank you.”

“Maybe we should go upstairs before we pass out?” I recommended.

“I’m comfortable here,” Shy replied, slowly drifting off.

That was good enough for me.


Midnight thought hard before settling on a course of action. “I’m going to use beast shape to turn into a giant ape.”

“Oh, right, you’re high enough level for that, now,” Applebloom said. “That’s gonna be great for fights like this.”

Midnight nodded as he said, “Eeyup, and now, I’m going to move between the golem and Thunder Dash and prepare to grapple the golem if it tries to get to her. How many turns until your spell is ready?”

Scootaloo checked her character sheet. “Let’s see... two more.”

“Alright, Applebloom, it’s your turn,” Sweetie Belle said.

Applebloom studied her sheet, looking for something she could possibly do. “Ah can’t attack it, cause I’ll hurt the foal inside it, and mah spells are only good for damage or healin’, and neither do any good here... The only thing Ah can do is try to help Moon Beam grapple the dang thing.”

“Alright, girls, Midnight. It’s time to finish up and come down for dinner,” Rarity called.

“Sweet! I’m starving!” Scootaloo cheered.

The foals rushed downstairs and quickly gathered around the dinner table.

“Since it’s so late, dinner will be light,” Rarity said.

The foals let out collective groans.

“Now, now,” Rarity admonished. “It isn't good to eat too much as late as it is. ’ll make up for it with a hearty breakfast. Waffles, eggs, hay bacon, and various fruits, with fresh milk.”

That satisfied their complaints and they quieted down. As soon as Rarity set the plates in front of them, they dug in as ravenously as Rarity would allow at her table.

“So, have you four been having fun?” Rarity asked.

“”Yeah,” Scootaloo said after swallowing a mouthful. “Sweetie’s a sadistic dungeon keeper.”

Rarity chuckled. “Oh? Maybe I should run a game for you?”

“No way!” Applebloom said. “Applejack told me about your campaigns. You’re a monster. Even Twilight can’t handle your crazy traps.”

“No way, Twilight?” Midnight asked in surprise. “No one can out smart Twilight.”

The girls snickered and Scootaloo started singing, “Midnight and Twilight sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

“Shut up!” Midnight demanded, blushing.

Rarity cut off any further argument. “It’s not about simply outsmarting her, as much as out finessing her.”

“And no one finesses like my sister,” Sweetie cheered.

"See, now I kinda want to see this for myself," Midnight said. "Maybe you can run a game for us?"

"Perhaps next time," she replied. "After you finish eating, I want you four in the tub and then bed."

"Aww," the quartet of foals bemoaned.

"None of that, now," Rarity said, sternly. "The sooner you go to sleep, the sooner tomorrow will come and you can see Shiro's foal… or cub? His baby."

That got them moving. Rarity didn't even bother scolding them for shoveling their food into their mouths.


The following few days were a blur. The excitement of being a father, combined with the responsibilities that came with it left me busier than I had ever been.

Fluttershy had been helping out a ton, as had Rainbow Dash and Twilight, though to a lesser degree. Neither knew much about babies, and less about a baby like Razor, but they did what they could.

The real MVP, though, was Scootaloo. She stopped by every day, offering to run errands or help with chores. She even stayed with Jynx and Razor so I could go to work.

It was a week later that I had left work early, intent on surprising Jynx with her favorite meal when I heard voices from upstairs.

"-even though I've only grown, like, an inch in three years?" That was Scootaloo. "Or the fact that the doctors say I won't grow much more than that?"

"I wouldn't worry about that," Jynx replied. "Look, I know it doesn't seem like it now, but everything will work out. Besides, you have another year before you can try, so you have plenty of time to prepare."

I didn't want to eavesdrop more than I already had, so I called out, "Babe, you home?"

"We're upstairs," Jynx called.

I went up and found the ladies in our bedroom, Scootaloo holding and feeding Razor while Jynx watched from nearby.

"What are you two gossipin' about?" I asked, teasingly. "You talkin' about me?"

Jynx smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know. Too bad. Now, why are you home early?"

"Mister Rich had a big corporate get together and basically bought us out of our stock," I explained.

"You must have gotten a heck of a tip," Scootaloo said.

"Oh, you're right. Ah got a great tip. Ah wonder if there's any special day comin' up Ah can spend it on…" I said, pretending to think.

"Like a birthday?" Scootaloo ventured.

"Nope, no important birthdays any time soon," I said.

"Hey!" Scootaloo huffed, indignantly. "What about mine?"

I chuckled. "What? Ah said no 'important' birthdays. Ah didn't say anything about 'super important' birthdays. Ah got your present yesterday."

"Really?" she perked right up. "What is it?!"

I considered for a moment. "Hm… you know, with how much help you've been, Ah don't see why Ah can't give it to you early."

I went to the closet and pulled out an already wrapped gift, as long as Scoots.

"Really?" Scootaloo asked, basically salivating at the box.

"Yeah, go ahead," I said, handing it over.

She tore into it like a starving dingo into a particularly fat baby. When the paper was discarded and the box destroyed, Scootaloo stared, starry eyed, as she polled out a brand new arcane guitar (basically an electric guitar that doesn't need electricity or an amp).

"Wow!" She exclaimed.

"Ah remembered how you were lookin' at that thing when we were shoppin' for JR supplies," I explained.

Jynx added, "And that's not all. My old roommate from college lives here, too, and she agreed to teach you how to play. You know Octavia, right?"

"No way! She's, like, a music god!" Scootaloo said. "I thought she only taught classical, though."

"She prefers classical, but she loves all music, and is perfectly willing to teach anything," Jynx explained. "Just don't be surprised if you come out of it knowing how to play the flute, too."

Scootaloo buzzed to give Jynx a hug, then latched onto me. "Thank you, both! You're the best!"

She gave me a kiss on the cheek before she realized she was being 'sappy' and hopped away, blushing.

"Uh… y-yeah… thanks again," Scootaloo said, scratching her cheek, trying to hide her embarrassment. "I'm gonna go see Miss Octavia right away!"

"Don't you call her 'miss'," Jynx called after the fleeing filly. "She hates that."

"Okay," Scootaloo called back before the sound of the door shutting signaled her departure.

"Well, Ah think she likes mah gift," I said.

"Oh, you think so? I couldn't tell," Jynx teased.

"Yeah, what can Ah say? Ah'm a pro at readin' ponies," I said, smugly.

"Really?" Jynx asked, skeptically. "So you noticed-"

"Yes!" I said, quickly, interrupting her. "Ah noticed that, too. Let's change the subject, immediately."

Jynx giggled. "Fine. We can talk about something else, but we will talk about it eventually."

Author's Note:

I'm broke. Gimme money. https://www.patreon.com/Shirotora



Please :fluttercry:

PreviousChapters Next