• Published 27th Aug 2019
  • 6,054 Views, 479 Comments

Chaotic Harmony: Do Over - shirotora



A human finds himself in Equestria where other humans - turned into one of the various native races - have been living for hundreds of years.

  • ...
29
 479
 6,054

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Zombie Legs

Three months came and went in a breeze.

In that time there was only one attack, but thankfully it was a small one and my substitutes were able to handle it with only a few injuries, no deaths.

The Junior Rangers proved themselves that day, helping guide everyone to safety and helping those who had trouble moving, myself included.

Granted, a few did freeze up or ran away, too scared to help. I couldn't blame them, though. The Juniors was just a club for foals to feel useful and learn how to react, after all. It just means they need more training.

I had a talk with those ones, assuring them that they weren't to blame. One still decided to quit, sadly.

Anyway, not much else of note happened in those three months. I spent most of the time reading, either at home or the library, hanging out with friends, or teaching the Juniors.

After those three months, however, things started to get interesting again.


"Can't you just tell them you'll be there tomorrow?" I asked. "Ah want you here when Ah get these casts off."

Jynx chuckled. "Artifacts like what they found tend to be unstable. I need to get out there to disable it before it starts leaking. I'm sure you don't need me to hold your paw."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course not. But since Ah'm gettin' the use of mah legs back, Ah wanted to celebrate by pinnin' you to the bed and ravishin' you."

Jynx paused in her packing for a moment before shaking her head. "No no, I can't. There's no telling what might happen if I delay. Rarity will be by soon to help you out until the necromancer gets here to take your casts off."

I crossed my arms and huffed. "Well, maybe Ah'll just pin her to the bed."

"That's a good idea," Jynx said, without a hint of humor. "She kinda likes that stuff, anyway."

I sagged. "Damn ponies and your liberal sexualities."

Jynx looked back at me in mild confusion. "What... oh, right. I forgot, you still have that weird human hang up. Well, you should consider doing just that. I know Rarity kinda likes that kind of stuff, and she's been wanting to do it with you for a while."

I was surprised to hear that at first, but I quickly remembered that it was normal for friends to have sex in this world. Even with as long as I've been here, that slips my mind from time to time.

"Ah'll... consider it," I said. In truth, I still felt weird about it. Logically, I understood, but two and a half decades of being told that doing that was wrong was hard to just toss aside.

Jynx closed her suitcase and sauntered over to me, giving me her bedroom eyes. "You know, if you do, when I get back, you can pin us both to the bed." She leaned in, closer, whispering huskily, "Or we can pin you."

Her eyes glanced down. "Oh, I see someone likes that idea."

"Why don't you give him a goodbye kiss?" I said, teasingly.

Jynx gave me a peck on the lips. "Because my chariot is waiting. Rarity will be by soon. Love you."

With that, she rushed out the door, leaving me with blue balls.

"Damn it."


It wasn't long before Rarity came over. I was waiting for her on my porch, not wanting to be cooped inside.

"Well, you look cheerful."

I looked up to see Rarity giving me a little smirk.

"Well, well," I said, returning the smile. "Look who decided to grace this poor peasant with her presence."

Rarity turned her nose up and huffed, "Yes, well, if I only associated with my equils, I would be alone."

We shared a chuckle.

"So, are you ready to go get your legs back?" Rarity asked.

"Wait, is the guy already here?" I asked, a bit surprized.

"He was able to catch an earlier train," Rarity explained.

"Alright!" I cheered. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

Her horn lit up and my chair started to move.

"So, do you have any plans for when you get your legs back?" Rarity asked.

I huffed, "Not any more."

Rarity gave me a knowing smirk. "Oh? I take it you were planning something either romantic, erotic, or both before Jynx was called away?"

"Somethin' like that," I replied, grumbling.

"Oh, well you can still do whatever you had planned," Rarity said. "It'll just have to be delayed... or with a certain shy pegasus?"

I winced. "Yeah, Ah don't think she'd appreciate what Ah had planned. Besides, you know how Ah feel about that."

Rarity sighed. "Yes, I realize. However, I know you wish to change that, and you won't unless you take steps toward just that. At least take her out on a date or two. She's the type to take things slow, anyway."

"Yeah, but what if Ah can't get over it?" I asked. "Ah don't want to lead her on if there's no chance of us bein' anythin' more than just friends."

"Then explain that to her," Rarity said. "I've never met a more understanding pony as Fluttershy."

I sighed. "Ah'll think about it. For now, let's get these things off."


Luckily, since I wasn't actually here for a doctor, I didn't have to wait long after we got to the hospital.

I was led to a room where I finally got to meet the pony that saved my legs. He was a bright teal earth pony with a white mane with an arcane symbol on his flanks that I was told was used in necromancy.

"So, we finally meet properly," he said with a slight accent I couldn't place. It sounded almost like Eastern European mixed with Irish. Maybe.

"Yeah," I said, shaking his hoof. "Ah can finally thank you for helpin' me out."

"Ah," he waved it off. "It was not just for you. This is not a popular procedure. With this success, we are hoping it will become more mainstream."

"Oh, so Ah was just a guinea pig?" I said with a smirk.

"Exactly," he replied with a shit-eating grin.

I liked him.

"So, are you ready to get started?" He asked.

He pulled a jar of something from his bag and a brush. As soon as he opened it, I smelled blood, sulphur, and various other unfamiliar smells.

He got to work, painting symbols on my casts while chanting in a strange language.

As soon as my entire casts were covered, he pulled out two black crystals and placed one on each cast.

"Cover your ears," he warned.

I obeyed and he slammed his hooves down on the crystals, shattering them. Even with my ears covered, the wailing screech that filled the room was painful.

Then there was the smell. It was like pure death, distilled and shoved right into my nose. It nearly made me retch.

Even through all that, I found myself absolutely enthralled by the ritual. Streams of black tar-like light seeped from my casts. It gathered into a blob hanging in space.

Finally, the necromancer pulled a rune covered clay jar from his bag and the black light was sucked inside where he sealed it in with a leather cap.

At his nod, I uncovered my ears and asked, "What the hell was that?"

"Death," he replied, simply. "Your legs were destroyed. Dead. That's why you needed a necromancer to heal you. I had to extract the death so it could be replaced with life.

"The death was kept in the casts, but before the casts can be removed, the death needed to be transferred into another container. Now they can be removed safely."

He took up the cast saw thingy and turned it on. As it sliced the cast, I asked, "You know, Ah'll be honest, you aren't exactly what Ah expected."

He smiled. "Let me guess, you expected a unicorn with some dark, drab colors?"

"So, not the first time?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Not even close," he said. "Actually, most necromancers are earth ponies. Earth pony magic gives us a strong bond with life, so we tend to take to it easier than the other tribes."

With a crack, he split the cast and separated it from my leg. My fur was patchy and the limb covered in slime.

"That makes sense," I said. "Well, that looks gnarly."

"The fur will grow back." He said as he cleaned my legs and pulled out another device.

He scanned my leg, humming in thought. "Well, now this is strange."

"What?"

"I included spells that would build your muscles as they regenerated, as to prevent atrophy. However, it would seem something interfered," he explained.

I swallowed nervously. "Wh-what does that mean? Are mah legs okay?"

"I believe so," he said. "In fact, if I'm right, they're better than okay. It almost looks like something took over the spell and infused it directly into your legs' muscles while magnifying it several times. Did anyone cast any strange magic on you?"

"No just... oh..." I said, realization hitting me. "When Ah first tried summonin', mah chaos magic hijacked the spell and summoned someone completely different from who Ah entended. Do you think it could have done it again?"

He hummed in thought. "I suppose. I don't know much about chaos magic, but I do know it can act seemingly independent from its wielder.

"I'm afraid this is well outside of my feild of study. I'll make up a report and send it to Miss Sparkle. I'll be honest, I'm a little scared to give you the okay to try to walk."

I snorted. "Well, then don't. That way if somethin' happens, you aren't liable."

"Now don't be..." he started, but I ignored him and stood up. "... hasty. Well, do you at least feel alright?"

"Yeah," I said. "Ah feel great." I gave an experimental hop, only to fly up, slamming my head i to the ceiling and landing in a heap. "Oww."

"Mister Tora!" the doc cried, rushing to my side. "Are you okay?" He started waving some device around my head.

"Ah've had worse," I said. "But holy cow, that jump!IAh bearly put anythin' into it."

"Yes, well, like I said, something bonded the spell meant to strengthen your legs to you and magnified it. That means your legs are much stronger than they were. This shouldn't be possible without causing your legs to rip themselves apart."

"Eeyup, that sounds like chaos magic," I said with a chuckle. "So, is that all? Am Ah done here?"

"I've done everything I can for you," he said. "However, I do recomend you have an expert in magic examine you. I don't know what kind of side effects this could have."

I nodded and held out my paw to shake his hoof again. "Will do. Thanks again, doc. You really saved me."

The doctor shrugged, "I've already been paid, so there's no need to thank me."


Walking was... weird. It was like every step threatened to send me leaping forward. It was going to take some getting used to.

I walked into the waiting room to find Rarity still waiting for me. She looked up from the magazine she was reading and smiled.

"So, how does it feel to..." She quirked an eyebrow. "Why are you walking like that?"

She noticed how my legs kept springing up. "Chaos magic chaos magiced the magic, now mah legs are supercharged. Don't know all what that means, but walkin's kinda hard right now."

"Well, there really is never a dull moment with you," Rarity said. "So, I'm free for the day. Why don't we do something?"

"Sure."


We didn't really do anything other than walk around town. We talked about various things, like the Junior Rangers, especially how Sweetie was doing there.

Rarity told about how excited she was about her winter line debuting next week, and even reeled me into watching a little fashion show for a male opinion.

So, our last stop was her place for that and dinner. I went into the kitchen to get cooking while she set things up.

I threw together a simple curried veggies with quinoa. It wasn't anything fancy but it was good.

"So, have you considered what we spoke about earlier?" Rarity asked as we ate.

I nodded, "Yeah, and Ah think you're right."

"Really?" Rarity said, excitedly.

"Yeah, Ah think Ah could teach Sweetie to cook. Ah mean, she's bad, but no one's a lost cause."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "No, I mean before that, on the way to the hospital."

I had to think back a moment. "Oh! You mean about... yeah, Ah have. Ah... Ah want to. Ah like Fluttershy, but I'm just gonna need a little time. If Ah'm goin' to do this, Ah want it to be nice. Ah want our first fate to be amazin', in case Ah can't follow through with the end."

Rarity smiled, and I had the distinct feeling that she was planning something. "Well, I suppose we shall simply have to cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, why don't we get started?"

She led me into her showroom and sat me down on her couch.

"Now, I want your honest opinion on these," she said with a stern look. "The only thing that will offend me here is if you say you like something you don't."

And so, the fashion show began. Being her winter line, most of it was meant for cold weather. It included big puffy coats, with plenty of fur, mostly fauz. Some of it was for warmer regions and consisted of thinner fabric, though still plenty warm. She even had some sporty stuff, like a very nice sky outfit.

I liked most of it, other than one coat covered in sequins, but I've never cared too much for things like that.

"Alright, I have one more outfit I think you will absolutely adore," Rarity said as she disappeared behind the curtain. "One must save the best for the finale, after all."

The curtain pulled away, and my heart stopped.

She wore a set of baby blue lace stockings and garter, with a translucent top, like a short nighty.

"Well, what do you think?" she asked with a flutter of her eyelashes.

"Uh... wow. It's... great," I stammered.

"You know, I thought of a way I can help you learn to put aside your aversion to sex," Rarity said.

I knew exactly where this was going. Apparently she could see my realization.

"I won't push you to do anything you don't want to," she continued. "I will only say that Jynx wants this," she stepped closer, never breaking eye contact, "I want this," she climbed up onto the couch beside me, "and if you want this," she leaned in, "then take it."

I put my paw against her barrel, stopping her advance. "Wait... Ah... Ah'm sorry, but Ah just can't." Rarity backed off. "Ah get what you're doin' and Ah'm grateful, Ah really am, but Ah need to go at mah own pace."

Rarity took a deep breath, letting it out with a small smile. "Well... I certainly made a fool of myself. I'm sorry."

"Nothin' to apologize for," I said. "Part of me wants to, but Ah know I'd regret it in the mornin'. One day, we'll pick this up, alright?"

"Well," Rarity said, giving me a sultry smirk. "At least I can see you like the lingerie."

Author's Note:

Bet y'all thought they were gonna bang, didn't you?

PreviousChapters Next