• Published 16th Jan 2016
  • 309 Views, 0 Comments

The Day Equestria Changed for Me - Th3D4rk0n3



This is a story of a young mare who seems to think she was a pony of clouds dale and that is all. Little does she know of her extensive past and wondrous powers she has yet to remember. In time she may yet learn.

  • ...
 0
 309

Chapter 5: Dark or Light? No Pony Knows.

Days later, Wave Clash rushed to see Solar Blain, who stayed at the princess' castle. Wave Clash knocked on Solar's door repeatedly with good cheer in his hoof beat. He waited as he heard Solar fall out of bed with a crash. Solar Blain opened the door half-awake from the night before, "Whah? Who? I... I'll report immediately Princess... Huh? Wave Clash... Why are y- She's awake? Tell me she's awake." Solar's half asleep mind immediately zapped awake from its tired haze.

Wave Clash just nodded with a smile, "She woke and Princess Twilight said we can see her in an hour. Come on!" Wave Clash pulled him out of his room and pushed him along. He didn't push long as they seemed to race like young stallions towards the throne room. They stopped abruptly as they both immediately bowed to Princess Cadence. They just silenced as they stayed in the bowing position in case she was there for a reason.

Princess Cadence smiled, "Its okay you two. Rise. I know why you're here. Shimmering Dusk, am I correct? If so, you must wait till she comes out and you cannot judge her for what you see. She is not who she thought she was. She is really a very special pony that may yet save the everfree forest."

Solar Blain nodded in agreement when Princess Cadence called Dusk a very special pony. He just smiled and bowed his head, "No offense but we knew she was. She used a magic the night I helped Wave Clash watch over her. She seemed to remember something but couldn't quite cope with the memory. A feeling I know all to well anymore."

"She also used it to stop the strange storm cloud that was following us when I took her to the medical ponies. It was extraordinary that she could manage such a feat but I get it now. She couldn't fit in either except to those who saw what she really was, overly caring. They only saw the darkness in her but not the light like we did."

Princess Cadence smiled, "Then I think its time you see your friend. Go on in. And Wave Clash, Solar Blain, if you two saw all that in her, I think she has amazing friends. It doesn't matter how many you have but how much they care for you. Go in. Twilight, their coming in now." She let them in with little fear of their reactions as they half-ran in. She just smiled hopeful that this all would go well.

Solar Blain was last as Wave Clash got in to see a beautiful tan pony with long tri-colored mane and tail of light/dark greens with yellow in the middle. She had brilliant green eyes with broad leaf like wings that fade to white from the tan in the base fur. She had a cutiemark of a seed with a sprout growing from it and leaves branching off the sides of the seed. They couldn't believe this was their loving best friend. Wave Clash just stood in silence and awe.

Solar Blain pushed ahead to see her. He stopped in the same awe but had the strength to speak, "Dusk? I just... I can't believe... You look beautiful." He stuttered it out as he smiled widely at her with a red-blushed cheek. He looked at her blackened antlers on her head as it hit him. She had a black set of antlers with white spots on them. He spoke warily now, "Why are her antlers not pure white? The magic she used was pure... Shouldn't that mean..."

Princess Twilight spoke from behind her as she stepped up beside her, "Her magic is tainted... Its the changelings. They attacked the Free ponies in their own home, the Everfree Forest. They corrupted the rest to become changelings but she escaped. Who knows how many did but the ones who got away were still hit with corruption. They need to do good to purify it. So her job is in the Everfree Forest once more with Zecora to calm it once more as they did long ago."

Dusk smiled at them with the same kindness they knew, "I remember my true name. Its Shimmering Dawn. Dusk was the darker part who lived in failure but the Dawn, me, was strong and pushed past such things. I have to do that but I want to keep you two as friends. I can still visit but I must hide who I am. No pony can know what I am but we have to stay friends."

Dawn/Dusk heard a familiar, riddle-bound voice as it called to her, "So here is the friend who has found themselves in the end. Did I not say that you would find you way? From the Dusk to Dawn, signs were followed as drawn. Good to see you and your new friends too."

Princess Twilight smiled, "Today is a great day. The great wide wide Equestria will be celebrating. We have a new friendship to celebrate and some pony special to welcome back to her life. I'm glad this day has come."

Months later, Dawn lived in the Everfree Forest as a Free Pony, calming the darkness in the forest as her antlers slowly became white once more. Solar Blain had taken a job delivering herbs and remedies and more from the forests to Princess Twilight all to see his special somepony. They both lived in the Everfree Forest together and Wave Clash came to visit often. He even brought his two phillies and his own special somepony to say hello. Life was good for them all but was it really? Or can things go wrong once more when darkness returns to take its hold on the last light in the forest? The forest may not have wanted to be cleansed and only one pony can tell this story in the end.

Author's Note:

This is the last one. I hope you all enjoyed. There will be a sequel saga coming of the free pony druid named Shimmering Dawn. So just wait for me. Enjoy this for now!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment