• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 528 Views, 5 Comments

Dear Future - LunarSacrament



A letter from Princess Twilight to the future of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 5
 528

After

Twilight Sparkle sealed the scroll and placed it upon the Solar Throne. Behind her she heard the faint breaths of Celestia,unconsious and drained of most of her magic. Twilight walked to her, nuzzling Celesta's muzzle with her own, "I'm so sorry Princess but this is the way things have to be." With that Twilight fires up her horn and the two of them vanish from the Throne Room for the last time.

Somewhere deep in the Everfree a zebra leads ponies through the thick brush, she speaks in calming ryhmes, urging them towards the sounds of construction.
The sounds come from the newly made city of Evenfall. The old castle and the area around it cleared and ripe for rebuilding broken lives.
Helping with the building efforst are three mares, one yellow, one orange, and one white.

"Looks like Zecora's brought more ponies in,girls!" says the yellow one, the other two turn to look at where she points her hoof.

"Well it'll be more hooves helpin at least, my wings are killing me!" chimes in the orange one.

"Aw it's not that bad, I mean at least we're doing some good, right?", the white one asks, he voice chimes like a bell.

The former Cutie Mark Crusaders trot up to the new group, they are the official "Welcome to Evenfall!" committee,voted in by three votes that were totally not their own, not even a little, they swear.

"Hey ya'll!" Applebloom greets the new comers, she can see they all look pretty rough," Okay now I know you all probly want some sleep but first lemme point out some places to ya!" she says as loud as she can to reach the whole group. She moves a hoof over to the right,"Now over here we got the bakery, it's the one with the three balloons over it, the smithy with the diamond mark, and the apa-urgh a-poth-e-car-y!, with the cauldron out front, got it?!" she asks with a big smile, the ponies nod at her. She nods back and sweeps her hoof to the left,"Now over yonder we have thre green houses with the apples over em, and last but not least the animal center with the butterflies!".

Sweetie comes to stand beside her, "Now everypony we have some temporary homes for you all but you will have to work on the yourselves, or hire some ponies working on construction to help you out, okay? Follow me to your homes!" she motions for them to follow after her speech, past the shops to an area of crudely made homes.

"Uhm miss? I'm sorry but what is that building over there?" a stallion speaks up along their walk to ask. Sweetie turns to look where his hoof is pointed, and smiles, "Oh that? That will be the school when it's done! The rainbow building is for flight lessions, the purple one for magic, and the yellow and orange one for ponies to learn how to use the green houses. We don't have enough foals to open it yet but just you wait, it's going to be great!" she says making gestures towards each building with enthusiasm. The ponies seem to perk up as they continue to walk, perhaps the future is brighter than they first thought.

Author's Note:

Okay so here it is, my first published story! Yay:yay: I welcome all critique but please be constructive, I can not know how to grow if no one tells me where I need it! I hope you enjoyed the story to some extent anyway though.

Comments ( 4 )

Sometimes it seems that it is rare that we see what happens after a war in fiction. Life goes on...

Sad how war effect people

Hi! This was an interesting concept. The diary and the ending, with the special places for each other the Elements, was a very nice touch, especially with having the CMC survive and build it back.

The only issue I can pinpoint for you would be that same problem that I have. Typos and a lack of grammar stylistics. Stuff like making certain the quotations are in the proper spots.

Other than that, with the main part of the story being a letter and all, the story is good. You have a strong start and good ideas, if this is proof. Keep writing, friend.

I feel something... something I have not felt in along time...

40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsx4pAafb1qfu4tho1_500.png

Login or register to comment