• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 4-Fakery on the Telly

September 11, 2015

Today, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Spike all walked to school together. As Spike said goodbye to the group to continue on to the Junior High school nearby, Applejack pointed at a van and said, "Hey, look at that! The News is here!"

Rarity said, "I wonder what they're covering at our school."

Twilight walked over to the windows of the van and tried to look inside. "I think it's a one-way mirror. I can't see inside at all."

Unbeknownst to them, a director was watching the group. Next to him was his assistant, who took a picture of Twilight. The director said, "This girl will be the star of our next story. I will guarantee it."

Rainbow Dash said to Twilight, "Eh, forget about it. Let's just go inside and see what happens throughout the day."


Later that day, the director grouped together with a cameraman, his assistant, and a news presenter. The assistant walked up to him and said, "I got some info on the girl. Her name is Twilight Sparkle. She's a junior."

"Good," the director replied. "Alright, action!" The director thought to himself, "Make that presenter of ours look hot. Viewers love sex appeal."

The presenter, a woman with a microphone and a suit, then said, "Today we will bring to you shocking videos and photos of violence at this school. This school has long been plagued with violence, and now, we will get a secret glimpse of it today. This is Caught on Camera: School Violence."

"Aaaand cut," the director said. "Great shot." He then turned to his assistant. "Get a uniform and find that Twilight girl. You're gonna be the bully."

The assistant pulled back her hair in a ponytail and said, "Got it. What do you want me to tell her to get outside?"

"I don't care. Anything you can think of."


After returning from an AP Magic class, Twilight was walking down the halls when she heard, "Hey, are you Twilight?"

Twilight turned around and looked at the assistant before saying, "Yes, who are you?"

"Just a sophomore," the assistant said. She was small enough to certainly pass for a sophomore. "I know why the TV station is here. You see, there's a movie star transferring to this school, and I kinda know him well, so I thought you could meet him. He's really into magic himself since he has a horn too."

"No way," Twilight replied in excitement. "Really? When can I meet him?"

"During break, of course. I'll see ya behind the gym."


Later, during break, Twilight went down to the location where the assistant said the "movie star" was going to be.

As Twilight looked around, the assistant waved at her and said, "Hey there, Twilight!"

"Hey there. Where's the actor?"

The assistant then said, "I'll whisper it to you. The truth is..." Twilight then moved in closer to the assistant's mouth.

Suddenly, the assistant uppercut Twilight with a hard punch to the jaw. "You stupid bitch, there is no fucking star! I fucking lied to you!" Twilight fell to the ground, bleeding profusely from her mouth.

Twilight tried to say, "What?"

The assistant then picked Twilight up and body-slammed her onto the ground, causing Twilight to scream so loud the assistant's ears began ringing. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" The assistant then kicked Twilight in the stomach.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash ran to the scene, shouting, "GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER, BITCH!" She then charged at the assistant and tackled her to the ground. The assistant looked at Rainbow Dash in fear, whimpering and shaking.

The director ran out from the bushes, yelling, "Cut! Cut! Enough! Get your hands off of my assistant!"

Twilight got up and looked at the scene before coughing up blood. Rainbow Dash asked, "What the hell is going on here?!"

"Your friend Twilight was the star of our show on school bullying!"

Rainbow Dash went up to the director and angrily said, "What?"

"I had my assistant kick and punch the living hell out of Twilight, though I must say, you really went overboard, A.D."

The assistant said, "Sorry about that."

"Overboard? What's gonna happen to Twilight?"

"She'll get a lotta sympathy, and we'll get a lotta views."

Rainbow Dash then growled and pulled out a knife. "I've never wanted to go to prison so badly now than ever. Let's just say I really wanna slash your throat open with my knife here."

"Go ahead, just remember, I'm filming the whole thing." In reality, the cameras were off.

Rainbow Dash then balked. "Wait, what?!"

Suddenly, the director punched Rainbow Dash across the face, grabbed her knife, and kneed her in the stomach, knocking her out. "Alright, now that we have that taken care of, let's wrap up. We're gonna have to censor Twilight's face, though."

However, a voice behind them said, "That won't be necessary."

The director, his assistant, and the cameraman all turned around and saw Twilight, having "transformed" and now free of injuries. The director said, "Woah! What happened to you?!"

"You have trespassed against me, all 3 of you have." Twilight then brought out a die. "For that, we'll play a game. But this will be no ordinary game."

The assistant said, "Should we?"

The cameraman said, "Why not?"

"Fine," the director defeatedly replied. "But only because you were the star, Twilight."

"It's a simple game of dice," she replied. "Whoever rolls the lowest number wins. Whoever loses will face a penalty greater than their imagination."

The director said, "I'll represent my quote-unquote team of sorts. Let's make it quick."

"Good. I'll go first." Twilight then rolled a 6 on her die.

The assistant, the director, and the cameraman all laughed. The director said, "No way! There's no way I can lose! I'll just pick up this die..." He then lunged at Twilight. "And throw it hard at your face!"

The die them bounced off and hit the ground, splitting in two. "You lose."

The director said, "But how?! I rolled a seven?!"

Twilight then revealed she had held up the Alicorn Puzzle to her face, hitting the die in just the right spot to break it. "All 3 of you now have to face my punishment. The door to darkness has been opened." She then pointed at the 3 of them and shouted, "Penalty Game!"

The 3 of them then covered their faces as a flash of light engulfed their vision. When they looked again at Twilight, the cameraman screamed, "My vision is mosaicing!"

The director said, "Why is everything censored?!" The three of them screamed at the top of their lungs as their pupils themselves turned into mosaic and they went blind.

Twilight smiled and triumphantly said, "For bending the truth in front of the cameras, everything you 3 liars see from now on will be censored for the rest of your pathetic lives! Game Over!"

As the 3 of them ran away, Twilight transformed back to "normal" without any injuries.

She said, "Huh? Why are they running away screaming?"

Rainbow Dash then got up and hugged Twilight, saying, "Twi... Are you okay? Why aren't you injured?"

"I don't know," the very confused girl replied. "I blacked out with my mouth bleeding and I think one tooth smashed, and the next thing you know, I woke up with not a scratch and those 3 guys from the news running away, screaming that they're going blind."

"Well," Rainbow Dash said as she brushed herself off. "I hope that means that stupid story of theirs won't be published. Well, I gotta help Fluttershy after school with her animals. She's dealing with this one bear who has a really bad ear infection and a bat with a broken wing, and though her parents are both licenced vets, they said they could use all the help they can get. I'm thinking of getting myself a job there. Wanna come over?"

"Sure. I could even help you 2 out with your homework." Twilight then laughed. "Seriously, you could use some improvement."

Rainbow Dash laughed as well, saying, "You're right about that. I sure do suck at math."


At the Luna Corporation headquarters in Manehattan, Nightmare Moon was preparing to have a meeting with the President of the Lunar Republic, a horned man named Duke Tail, and his Cabinet. He was a shrewd politician and was known for being friendly to businesses. He had ruled the Lunar Republic since 1990 and was often considered a close ally to Nightmare Moon.

As the meeting began, Nightmare Moon said, "Me and your Cabinet have spoken, President Tail."

"I know that," Duke replied. "What did you guys speak about?"

Suddenly, the entire table, save for Duke, got up and stood beside Nightmare Moon. "We spoke about you and me. As of today, you are no longer the President of the Lunar Republic. The Lunar Senate will be voting me in to take your place in mere hours, Duke. I used every single political trick you taught me against you. How does it feel, knowing a near-immortal woman and ex-Princess banished from Equestria who makes video games is now in control of your country?"

Duke Tail angrily got up and said, "Fine! You win, Nightmare Moon! Now burn this into your head!" He then turned around to a window. "This is what happens to losers!" He then ran head first into the office window, shattering it and plummeting 35 stories to his death on the street below.

Nightmare Moon simply chuckled and said, "To lose means to die. Thank you for your final lesson, Duke Tail. Now, with all this power, night will soon rule over all of this planet." She then turned to the cabinet members. "Thank you for your support. You will bring upon a new era in this world."

PreviousChapters Next