• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 9-The Fourth Horseman

September 20, 2015

A voice shouted, "That idiot!" A slam on a table was then heard echoing through a darkened meeting room. "We are NOT supposed to kill bystanders! I swear to God, if we get more careless, we'll be exposed before we know it!" The woman talking was clearly angry.

"Nightmare Moon," another voice calmly replied. "I apologise. Ivory Spark was too careless. I opposed his participation from the beginning. He doesn't care if he hurts bystanders."

"I thought I could keep him under control," Nightmare Moon replied as she relaxed. "But I guess I couldn't. He almost blew our cover by killing Rainbow Dash's father." She then sighed. "Whatever. We only have 3 days before the Summer Solstice and 4 days before Luna Land opens for business. I need you to go to Ponyville tomorrow and deliver Twilight's invitation to the opening of Luna Land. I will organise the efforts to bring Celestia. Also, test Twilight. If you defeat her, Celestia will be all mine to handle. Good luck, Aqua Lily."

"Yes, Master Nightmare Moon."


September 21, 2015

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and her friends had all gathered at Twilight's house after the funeral of Rainbow Blaze, Rainbow Dash's father.

"Thank you all for being there for me," Rainbow Dash began. "This has been a rough past few days, and I'm glad I have friends to back me up. The police still have no leads on what was to blame for the gas that leaked in our house, unfortunately."

Fluttershy, who was still crying and being comforted by Rarity and Spike, said, "You're... You're welcome..."

Twilight said, "I really wish me and Flash Sentry could help more, but we're still stumped, Rainbow Dash." Flash Sentry nodded.

Pinkie Pie, who was almost never in a downer mood, was very quiet. She had never been so downtrodden and silent ever since her grandparents had died several years ago. Applejack looked at her and asked, "Hey Pinkie, are ya doin' alright?"

The pink-haired girl sighed. "Not really. I usually love parties and get-togethers, but not when they're because of death."

The blonde patted Pinkie on the shoulder and said, "Same here. I still remember the day of my parents' funeral. I was only 'bout 7 years old. All my relatives were crying, and I barely understood what death was."


Later that night, a buzz of a doorbell woke up Twilight at 10:30. She rustled in her bed and slowly slipped out of it, rubbing her eyes and saying, "Who the hell could be knocking at my door at this hour?" Before walking out of her room, she put on her Alicorn Puzzle seemingly subconsciously.

After walking down the stairs and to the door, she opened it. Before her was Aqua Lily, who held an envelope and said, "I apologise if I am interrupting your sleep. I really am. You have been invited to the opening of Luna Land."

Twilight grabbed the envelope and said, "Luna Land?" She then yawned. "Who does that?"

"My boss, Nightmare Moon." She then walked into the house, pushing Twilight out of the way with ease. "I am the Fourth Horseman of Death. I applaud you for coming this far. It is a shame you will lose now."

Twilight suddenly got angry and yelled, "You monster!" She then charged at Aqua Lily, fist aiming right at her face.

Then, Aqua Lily grabbed her fist and knocked Twilight out with a punch to the side of the head. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, you shouldn't have done that."

Then, Twilight began to stand back up again as her puzzle glowed. As she transformed, she said, "No, you shouldn't have done that."

Spike suddenly came down running from the stairs, saying, "What's going on?!"

Aqua pulled a gun from her coat and aimed it square at Spike's head, saying, "None of your business. Do not call the police. Do not interrupt us."

Twilight looked at Spike in shock. Spike thought to himself, "What's up with Twilight? She seems... Off..."

Aqua then said, "Now, let's begin." She sat down at a table and pulled her deck of cards out. "I hope you're ready."

Twilight checked her pockets for her deck, but couldn't find it. She said, "Excuse me for one moment." She then walked over to a cabinet and looked around for her deck, eventually finding it.

Aqua said as she shuffled, "Now that you're ready, let's go over something. I know that you turn into a different person when you duel. I also know that you can make these cards come to life. I would like to inform you that Nightmare Moon has made the technology to replicate your magic, and will be debuting it at the opening of Luna Land."

Twilight replied coldly, "I don't give a damn. All I care is that my friends and family are safe." She then turned to Spike. "Spike, go to your room."

"But-"

"Trust me, I'll be fine." She then gave him a smile of confidence. "I don't want you getting hurt."

The young man nodded and ran back up to his room, thinking, "I've never seen this amount of confidence in Twilight before. This is odd..."

Aqua went first. "I'll summon The All-Seeing White Tiger with 1300 attack."

"Okay then," Twilight replied. I'll summon Beautiful Headhuntress with 1600 attack." As her monster formed, Twilight pointed at Aqua's monster. "Attack!"

AQUA: 1700
TWILIGHT: 2000

"Not bad," Aqua said. "I'll summon Green Gadget with 1400 attack. This is a brand new card that also has an effect." She then looked through her deck. "I'll add 1 Red Gadget from my deck to my hand." She then shuffled her deck and put it back down. "Then, I'll activate Black Pendant to boost Green Gadget to 1900 attack. Now, destroy her headhuntress!"

AQUA: 1700
TWILIGHT: 1700

Twilight drew her card and said, "I'll set a monster and end my turn."

Aqua replied, "Alrighty then! I'll destroy it!"

The set monster was Giant Soldier Of Stone with 2000 defense. Because of this, Aqua lost 100 life points.

AQUA: 1600
TWILIGHT: 1700

Twilight told her, "Don't be so quick to attack, Aqua Lily." She then drew her card. "Now it's my turn. I'll summon Dark Magician with 2500 attack!" As the Dark Magician formed, Aqua smiled, impressed that Twilight had that card. "Black Magic!" Dark Magician then attacked Green Gadget.

AQUA: 1000
TWILIGHT: 1700

Aqua said, "I'm impressed. That is a pretty rare card, Twilight. However, it won't save you." She then drew her card. "I'll activate Raigeki to destroy your 2 monsters!"

Twilight said, "Oh no!" The Dark Magician and the Giant Soldier of Stone were then struck by lightning, causing them to shatter into thin air.

"Then, I'll summon Red Gadget! Now, attack her directly!"

AQUA: 1000
TWILIGHT: 400

Twilight cursed under her breath as she drew her next card and looked at her hand, pondering what to do next. Then, she saw a card that piqued her interest. "I'll set 1 card in the Magic and Trap Card zone and end."

Aqua laughed. "You're just giving up?! How pathetic!"

Then, as Aqua drew her next card, Twilight said, "I'll activate my trap card, Secret Barrel! For every card you control on the field and in your hand, you take 200 damage!"

Aqua exclaimed, "What?! No!"

AQUA: 0
TWILIGHT: 400

Twilight said simply, "I win."

Aqua once again grabbed her gun from her coat. This time, she aimed it at Twilight's head and said, "You little bitch! I'll kill you!"

Twilight's puzzle then glowed, causing the gun in Aqua's hand to become unbearably hot. After several seconds, Aqua was forced to drop the gun from how hot it got. As soon as she dropped it, the heat disappeared. Twilight stood up and told her, "The door to darkness has been opened."

Aqua got up as well and said, "How did you-?! How?!"

Twilight pointed at Aqua as her horn and eyes glowed and shouted, "Penalty Game!"

Aqua looked down at her right hand and screamed.

Her right hand began to form the chambers of a revolver, and her right hand was beginning to involuntarily move to her head, her right index finger turning into a barrell and her right thumb turning into the hammer.

"Please! Stop! I'm sorry!"

Then, her thumb cocked back, breaking it and causing Aqua to scream in pain, and a squeeze of a trigger was heard.

Suddenly, a gunshot echoed through the room, and Aqua fell to the floor.

In reality, Aqua was unconscious, but otherwise unhurt. Twilight stood over her and said, "When you wake up, tell Nightmare Moon I'm ready for her."

As Spike raced downstairs to see what had just happened, Twilight transformed back into her regular self. Spike said as he ran to her, "What happened?! I heard a gunshot!"

Twilight, confused and not able to remember what had just happened, said, "What? What happened? A gunshot?" She then looked over at Aqua. "How did she get knocked out?"

Spike asked her, "You don't remember anything? Didn't you duel that woman?"

"I don't know," Twilight replied as she felt her forehead and horn. "Spike, I have a confession to make. Don't tell anyone else about this, okay?"

"Got it," Spike said firmly. "I won't tell a soul, Twi."

'I've been... Having blackouts now ever since I solved the Alicorn Puzzle." Twilight scratched the back of her head. "I have no clue what goes on during these blackouts. I've been researching medical books and books on ancient Equestrian history, but nothing can explain them."

"Hmmmm," Spike said to himself. "You did seem very different when I saw you duel Aqua..."

"How different?"

"You seemed... Taller? More confident? Deeper voice? Does any of that ring a bell?"

"Nope." Twilight then sat down and pulled her phone out. "Well, time to call the police. We can't just leave this woman here all alone."

PreviousChapters Next