• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 21-Pieces Of Her Heart

TWILIGHT: 0400
NIGHTMARE MOON: 0000

The arena erupted in cheers as the dust settled, the life point scoreboard lowered Nightmare Moon's life points to 0, and the other Twilight emerged victorious. Applejack yelled out, "It's amazin'! Twilight won!"

Spike and Rarity both called out, "She did it!"

The other Twilight then spoke to a shell-shocked Nightmare Moon through the inter-platform mic, saying, "No matter how strong your cards are, without a heart attached to them, they're meaningless. If you had led your heart to the cards, you could have very well won. But you didn't, and that is why you lost."

"No," Nightmare Moon said as she gripped the sides of her platform. "Ridiculous... How did I lose?"

"Nightmare Moon," the other Twilight said as her eyes and horn began to glow a bright white light. "This will destroy the evil in you." She then stood back and stuck her right hand out, her palm facing Nightmare Moon and her 5 fingers extended, as she yelled, "MIND CRUSH!"

Suddenly, the sound of shattering glass was once again heard throughout the arena as the vision of both the other Twilight and Nightmare Moon turned photo-negative. To the rest of the arena, a photo-negative-colored light formed around a screaming Nightmare Moon and then shattered into pieces, cutting her scream short. She then fell down to her knees, unconscious.

"Now the evil plague in your mind has been crushed to bits," the other Twilight said as the platforms were lowered to the ground. When they reached the ground, she stepped out and looked at the audience, which was cheering her on.

"Master Nightmare Moon," one of the armed guards near Applejack, Rarity, and Spike said to himself in worry.

"We need to get outta here," Applejack thought to herself. "But that gun of his ain't goin' nowhere. As long as he's got it, we can't escape."

Suddenly, both of the guards were knocked down onto the ground from behind. Applejack, Rarity, and Spike turned around to find Rainbow Dash, Flash Sentry, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy standing behind them. Rarity said, "Rainbow Dash! You're alive!"

"Of course," the winged girl said before she punched the second guard when he tried to get up. "There's no way I'd let myself get taken down."

Then, the first guard stood up and grabbed Rainbow Dash by her shirt, pointing his gun right at her forehead and yelling, "You little bitch! I'll kill you for this!"

"Enough," yelled another voice from behind. "Let them all go."

The second guard said, "Master Cloud Tail..."

"I said," Cloud Tail began. "Let them all go, or else."

"Yes," stumbled the first guard as he and the second guard brushed themselves off and walked away.

Fluttershy asked, "Aren't you Nightmare Moon's apprentice?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Thanks for getting those guards off our backs," Rarity said to him. "That was a freaking nightmare."

"I was just going Twilight a favor, that's all." He then looked over at the field and saw Nightmare Moon slumped over unconscious on her platform. "Nightmare Moon!" He then ran over in worry. "Nightmare Moon! Nightmare Moon!" When he reached her platform, he shook her body to no avail, her piercing blank eyes showing no expression.

The other Twilight saw this and said, "Cloud Tail, right now, Nightmare Moon, or as I should say, Princess Luna, is rebuilding the shattered pieces of her heart and mind. I can assure you that she will wake up soon, and when she does, she will be a better person than before."

Cloud Tail then nodded and looked at Nightmare Moon, thinking to himself, "You will wake up soon... I know it..."

Then, the gang ran up to the other Twilight. Applejack gave her a big hug and said, "Alright, Twilight, ya did it!"

"Awww," the other Twilight said. "You guys are the best." She then changed back into her normal self before saying, "I couldn't have done it without you all."

Rarity said to Spike, "So... Wanna do something later this week, like on Saturday?"

"Uhhhh," Spike said, once again blushing. "Sure..."


Later, back at Twilight's house, Applejack was telling her sister and her friends, who were tasked with watching over Celestia in the hospital, about what had happened. "I see they're pretty captivated by the story," Rainbow Dash, who now had a cast on her broken wing, said to Twilight as they looked on.

"They sure are," she replied. "They were a big help in keeping watch over Celestia. I'm glad her surgery ended up going off without a hitch."

"Say," Rainbow Dash asked, now noticing that Twilight had returned to normal.. "When did you-?"

"When did I what?"

"Uhhh... Ahh, nevermind." Rainbow Dash decided not to ask Twilight about it.

Twilight thought to herself as she smiled, "I know what she was gonna ask... She was gonna ask when I returned to "normal." Well... I don't really know myself. Anyways, I'm glad I finally told the truth about the other me. Now I can remember all the battles we fought together."


Meanwhile, in a darkened meeting room, a butler informed a group of 3 seated girls about the duel between Nightmare Moon and the other Twilight. "Adagio, Sonata, Aria, we have received word that Nightmare Moon has lost her duel with Twilight Sparkle. To top it off, something that Twilight girl did knocked her unconscious."

"Perfect," Adagio Dazzle said before sipping from a wine glass. "Ladies, it's time to strike."

Aria Blaze said, "I'll get the camera ready to film the video."

Sonata Dusk said, "I'll call our moles in the Luna Corporation. They'll start to get things rolling."

"Excellent." As a red rock encased in a metal ring gleamed where Adagio's left eye should have been, she thought to herself, "In 5 weeks, Twilight will know of us, and by then, it will be too late to stop us."

PreviousChapters Next