• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 7-The Third Tape

February 14, 2016

"So," Spike said to Twilight as she held a DVD case. "You got the third tape?" Rarity was also present, the two having just came back from a date.

"I sure did," Twilight replied as she popped the DVD out of the case and slid it into the DVD player on her T.V. "This one must be from Sonata Dusk. I wonder what she's like."

As soon as she turned on the T.V., she changed the mode to DVD mode on her remote and pressed play. Immediately, a young woman with blue hair and purple eyes appeared, smiling. "Hello, Twilight Sparkle! I'm Sonata Dusk, president of Industrial Sirens Corporation."

"She seems a lot cheerier than the other two," Spike said as he and Rarity stared in anticipation.

"You're probably wondering when the next tape will come," Sonata said to Twilight. "Well, let me be the first to tell you that I indeed have a definitive date. The final tape will come on March 18, 2016. In it, you will receive all of the necessary supplies for Duelist Kingdom, including your gauntlet and your two Star Chips, as well as the tape itself. Now, I need to break down how the finals of the tournament will go."

Rarity said to Twilight, "This should be interesting, given that Aria made it sound like a free-for-all."

"As you already know, the beginning of the tournament is a full-on free-for all. However, once there are four finalists, they will enter the castle and participate in a more conventional single-elimination bracket tournament. Whoever wins this will first have to face me. Then, if they win, they will have to face Aria. Finally, if they make it through her, they will have to face Adagio, and if they somehow are able to win that, they will win the 500,000 bits."

Then, Twilight got a phone call, so she paused the video and ran over to her home phone, picking it up and answering, "Hello?"

"Hey, Twilight," said Rainbow Dash, in a sullen mood. "I got bad news about Scootaloo."

Twilight, confused, asked, "What's up with her?"

"She went into the hospital this morning to get her eyes checked," Rainbow Dash replied. Scootaloo had had eye problems in the past. "The doctors said she will go totally blind if she doesn't get operated on soon. The problem is, her family doesn't have the money, since the operation isn't covered by national healthcare insurance. It costs 300,000 bits."

"300,000 bits?! No way," Twilight replied, shocked. "Say, remember that Duelist Kingdom tournament Adagio Dazzle mentioned?"

"Yeah, why?"

"The prize money is 500,000 bits, more than enough to cover the cost."

"I want in, then," Rainbow Dash immediately replied. "I'll be sure to win that prize money for her."

"I was gonna just give you the money if I won, but okay." Twilight smiled. "I'll see what I can do. Regardless, you will get into that tournament, Rainbow Dash."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you," Rainbow Dash excitedly said. "I can't wait!" She then hung up.

Rarity asked, "Was Scootaloo having eye problems again?"

"Yeah," Twilight replied. "And if she doesn't get an operation soon, she'll go blind. Now I have a reason to win. If I win, I'll give her the prize money. If she wins, well, you know the drill. Hopefully, this Scootaloo thing stays the only reason to win."

"That's awful," Rarity replied. "My sister mentioned her eye problems to me before, but I never knew they got this bad while she's so young."

Then, Twilight unpaused the video. Sonata Dusk continued by saying, "I wish all of our competitors the best of luck, but especially you, Twilight Sparkle. You have impressed all of us with your dueling skills. I hope you do not let us down." Then, the video ended.

"I won't," Twilight replied. "I sure as hell won't."


Meanwhile, in a house in Trottingham, a young woman looked through a deck of Duel Monsters cards in her bedroom. "I need to show up that bitch Adagio Dazzle at her little tournament," the woman said to herself. "I'm amazed she even invited me."

Then, a male voice called to her, "Gilda, are you ready for practice?" The voice belonged to the girl's boyfriend, who was around the same age as her and had been visiting her house during the weekend.

"I am," Gilda replied as she grabbed her deck and walked out of the room, thinking to herself, "I need to win at all costs!"

PreviousChapters Next