• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 4-The False Prophet

November 30, 2015

"Say," said Rarity as she asked the gang a question as they gathered around Twilight's house after school. "Did you hear about the boy who's been giving out fortunes? Many of the girls and even some of the boys are getting their fortunes told during recess."

Spike, uninterested and skeptical, replied, "Fortunes? Pfft, yeah. I'll believe it when I see it."

"Oh yeah," Twilight replied, recognizing the description. "I heard he predicted a house fire at a sophomore's home during the summer. Ever since then, he's been getting hammered with fortune requests."

Rainbow Dash said, interested, "Hmm... I wouldn't mind getting my fortune told."

"Me neither," Fluttershy replied. "Though, I hope it's a good fortune."

Suddenly, a bird fell from the sky and crash-landed at Rainbow Dash's feet, killing itself. As it hit the ground with a thud, everyone jumped back. Rainbow Dash exclaimed as her wings and Flash Sentry's wings folded out in shock, "Jesus Christ, that scared the hell outta me!"

"You're tellin' me," Applejack replied. "Why'd that bird do that?"

"No idea," Rainbow Dash replied in confusion. "I've been having bad luck recently. After all, I did get assaulted when me and Twilight were lured into a trap by Star Whistle a few weeks ago, so there's that. But hey, we still clobbered him and his pathetic gang afterwards, right, Twilight?"

"Yup," Twilight replied as the two fistbumped.


December 1, 2015

At school, a crowd gathered around a desk at a classroom during the midday break to see the "prophet," an 10th Grade boy named Duke Venture. The gang all decided to take a trip down to see this so-called prophet for themselves.

Duke at the time was telling a freshman girl her fortune. He said to her as she listened in very closely, "As long as you do not die, you will live forever more." The girl's eyes widened with excitement at the so-called fortune, despite it lacking any actual future, bar the obvious.

The girl shook his hand and said, "Thank you, Duke. That was awesome." She then smiled and walked away, beaming with happiness as the gang watched with confusion.

"Hey," said Flash Sentry as he noticed Rainbow Dash was next in line. "Go get your fortune told, Dash."

"Oh yeah," she replied. However, just as she was about to step forward, the room began to shake beneath them, startling everyone except Duke. "What the hell?"

"Oh no," Twilight sain in worry. "It must be some kind of earthquake." As the room continued to shake, everyone feared for the worst. A few pens and markers fell off of desks due to the shaking. Fluttershy closed her eyes in fear.

Then, it stopped. Everyone inside breathed a sigh of relief. Then, Duke said to Rainbow Dash, "So, you want your fortune told?"

"I guess," Rainbow Dash replied, not knowing what to expect as she sat down across from Duke.

"You see," Duke began. "I do not use other methods such as astrology and palm reading, which are only effective because they rely on statistics. I see clear visions of the future in my mind." He then handed Rainbow Dash a piece of paper. "Read it."

"Earthquake today," she said as she read out the paper. "So you predicted that?"

"Yes. I wrote it down about an hour ago after I had a vision of the earthquake." Duke then smiled. "So, what do you think?"

"Well," Rainbow Dash replied. "I'm at a loss for words. I don't know how exactly, but you actually predicted it. I'm kind of impressed, actually."

Duke, confident, replied, "By the way, based on what I can see, you've been having bad luck recently."

"Again, you're right," Rainbow Dash replied. She then got up and said to Fluttershy, "Wanna get your fortune told, Fluttershy?"

"Uhhh," Fluttershy replied, unsure. "Eh, why not? It wouldn't hurt." Shen then sat down across from Duke.

Duke thought to herself, "Wow, she looks pretty. Imagine if I could get with a senior girl..." "Hmmm... From what I can gather, a wonderful man awaits you. You will swoon before him."

Fluttershy's face reddened as she replied, "Woah... Well, if you... If you predicted the earthquake and Dashie's bad luck, I guess you could be right..." She then sighed and nervously laughed. "I'm sorry, it's just... I'm a bit shy, if you couldn't already tell by my oh-so-indicative name."

"It's alright," Duke replied. "I've given fortunes to a lot of people, both shy and outgoing. It's nothing new."

"You know," Twilight said to Duke, questioning him. "I don't want to be rude or anything, but I saw a trick on T.V. like the one you did."

A random fan of Duke said to Twilight, angered, "Woah, that's too far. Don't bring up your disbelief around him. It will ruin his concentration."

"I see," Duke himself replied. "Well, here's a prediction I have for you, with no papers involved on my end." He then pointed at Twilight. "Countless letters will fall from the heavens and bring disaster upon you!"


Later, just after school ended, the gang met up again outside, this time with Spike, who came from across the street from the middle school. Twilight was feeling down about the prediction that she had been given by Duke. "I don't know what to think if it, man."

Rarity said to her, "Who gives a damn? He never specified what the disaster was. For all we know, darling, it could be something as minor as forgetting stuff at home or getting a bad grade on something. I'm sure it isn't life-threatening."

"Yeah," Spike said to Twilight as well, holding Rarity's hand. "You'll be fine, Twilight."

"Say, that reminds me," Twilight said as she began to remember something. "I gotta turn in a book to the library today." She then took her backpack off and opened it to search for the book.

Fluttershy also remembered something at the same time. "I forgot to write down the homework in math. Oh no." She then ran back into the school as Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Flash Sentry watched.

Applejack said to Twilight, "Are ya sure you don't want me to do it ? I gotta stay after school anyways."

"No, I'm fine." Twilight then walked back into the school, the library book in hand.


In the library, Twilight began searching for the spot the book was located in. It was a nonfiction Magic/Science book she had rented so she could write down the publishing info of the book so she could request a copy of it for the Golden Oaks Library from Celestia.

Eventually, she found the shelf the book was located on. "Here it is," Twilight said to herself as she slid the book into place. Suddenly, she heard the shelves behind her in the empty library begin crashing down like dominos. As she turned around, she thought to herself as she had a realization, "Countless letters!" She immediately stepped out of the way of the last bookshelf just before it fell on top of her, which would have most certainly killed her.

As she looked at the damage, she transformed into the other Twilight. As she brushed herself off, she also had a realization. She said to herself, "Duke Venture did this! He makes his predictions come true... But that means..." She then realized something about Fluttershy. "Fluttershy is his next target!" She then ran out of the library, her backpack still on her back, as she ran to Fluttershy's math room.


As Fluttershy wrote down her homework, Duke walked in. Fluttershy noticed him and said, "Oh, hi, Duke."

"Hello, Fluttershy," Duke said. "Say, remember my prediction?"

"Oh yeah," Fluttershy replied as she smiled and stood up, ready to go. "That was an interesting one. I do have some doubts about it coming true, though."

Suddenly, Duke approached her from behind with a rag and pressed it against her mouth as he said, "Nonsense! My predictions are infallible!" Fluttershy was then lowered to the ground by Duke, unconscious from chloroform poisoning. He then said to himself, "Any woman is mine! I'll be popular forever!"

Suddenly, a voice said from the doorway to the classroom, "Oh, really?"

Duke turned around and saw the other Twilight. "You survived?!"

"I did," she replied. "Your prediction about countless letters was wrong!" She then stepped forward and snatched a bottle of chloroform Duke had placed on a desk without Fluttershy noticing. "It's Game Time, Duke. If I win, you can chloroform me and have my way with me in any way in Fluttershy's place. ANY, way, mind you. I know you want to rape her, Duke, you sick freak. I saw it in your eyes that you were a predator the minute you began telling your stupid little fortune to Fluttershy. It's a good thing Rainbow Dash isn't confronting you right now, because if she was, she'd skip the game and go straight to busting your face in."

Duke, angered, denied the accusation and replied, "No, I do not!"

"If I win, you're getting chloroformed, and I'll expose your fraud to the whole school." The other Twilight then grabbed her backpack and took out a bunch of papers before laying them out on a desk, with all of them touching the bottle of chloroform. "We take turns pulling out papers from underneath the bottle. Whoever loses gets chloroformed."

"I'll go first," Duke replied as he pulled a piece of paper. The bottle moved a little closer to the edge of the desk.

Then, the other Twilight pulled a paper as well. "Be careful of how you pull out the paper."

Duke then yanked a piece of paper out, moving the bottle closer. The other Twilight did the same with even more force, causing the bottle to sit right on the edge. Duke said under his breath, "Oh shit."

"Now, what will you do? You supposedly have magic powers, despite not even having a horn." The other Twilight watched Duke closely.

Duke then clenched his hands together and closed his eyes, thinking to himself, "Maybe I can make the bottle rise... C'mon!" Then, he opened his eyes, and to him, the bottle was levitating several inches off the table. He pointed to where he thought the bottle was and said, "See? I made it levitate! Ha!"

In reality, he was imagining it. The other Twilight said, "Prove it's levitating." She smiled, knowing he would lose.

Duke reluctantly pulled the last paper, causing the bottle to fall from the desk and break beneath him. Shortly afterwards, having been poisoned by the chloroform, he fell and smacked his head against the desk, splitting his forehead open as he fell into unconsciousness.

As he bled profusely on the ground, the other Twilight saw a bunch of small post-it notes fall out of his coat. "Of course!" Each post-it note had a bunch of various events that Duke had wrote out in advance. If something that these notes supposedly predicted happened, it was purely by chance rather than by psychic powers!" She then took out her phone and walked out of the room, dialing 911 so she could get Fluttershy and Duke Venture to the hospital, as well as to report the rape Duke had tried to commit on Fluttershy. As she walked out and dialed, she said to herself, "Game Over!"

PreviousChapters Next