• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 10-Insect Combo

The first arena was a clearing in a forest. As the gang looked around, Spike said, "There's nothing here."

"That's because an arena is supposed to pop out of the ground," Twilight replied as she looked around. "At least, that's what I think is supposed to happen. I don't really know myself, Spike."

"I see you made it," declared Sunny Flare as she approached the clearing opposite of the gang. She then pressed a button with her right foot below her. "Now, watch as this Duel Arena appears before your very eyes!"

The gang stood back as the ground shook and opened up in front of them. Then, a stage popped up, followed by a red tower and a blue tower. As the gang looked on, Rainbow Dash said, "Woah... This is so cool..." Both towers had elevating platforms lowered to the ground built into them.

Twilight then stepped up to the blue tower as Sunny Flare took to the red one. After the platforms in both towers were raised up, Twilight declared to her, "You're gonna pay, Sunny Flare." Then, her pendant lit up, indicating she was transforming.

After she transformed, the other Twilight declared, "You made the wrong choice when you threw those cards overboard, Sunny Flare! With the people of Ponyville on my side, I will defeat you!"

"Good luck," Sunny replied through the built-in microphone on each tower. "After all, the surrounding forest gives me an advantage per the rules."

"An advantage?" The other Twilight was confused.

"The forest around us plus the desert near us gives my Insect monsters a 30% Field Power Bonus," Sunny explained. "As well as any Beast, Beast-Warrior, Dinosaur, Plant, Rock and Zombie-Type monsters you may have." She seemed confident.

"Oh no," the other Twilight said to herself. Then, she said to Sunny Flare. "No matter. I'll defeat you! Now, let's duel!"

SUNNY FLARE: 2000
OTHER TWILIGHT: 2000

Sunny Flare drew first. "I'll summon Killer Needle with 1200 attack! However, due to the field bonus, its attack will increase to 1560!" As Killer Needle grew slightly larger, the other Twilight looked on in worry.

"Now," she said as she began her turn. "I'll summon Mammoth Graveyard, which also gets a boost to 1560!" After Mammoth Graveyard took to the field, she said. "Go! Launch a suicide attack!" Mammoth Graveyard then charged at Killer Needle, killing both monsters and causing neither Sunny Flare nor the other Twilight to lose life points.

"Not bad," Sunny Flare replied as she drew her next card. "I'll summon Hercules Beetle, which has its attack boosted to 1950!" As Hercules Beetle took to the field, powered up by the Field Power Bonus, the other Twilight looked on.

"I'll summon Feral Imp with 1300 attack," the other Twilight replied as she placed the card down onto her field. Unlike the last three monsters, it did not get a power boost since it was a Fiend-type monster. "Now, Magic Card Activate!" She then placed down Horn of the Unicorn, an Equip Magic Card. "I'll equip Horn of the Unicorn to Feral Imp, boosting its attack to 2000 and its defense to 2100!" A horn then grew on the forehead of Feral Imp as it slightly increased in size. "Now, attack her Hercules Beetle!"

"Not so fast," Sunny Flare replied. "The Field Power Bonus for this field doesn't just give my monsters more attack. It also gives them the ability to negate the effects of Equip Magic and Trap Cards equipped to monsters attacking them!"

"Oh no," Rainbow Dash, Flash Sentry, and the other Twilight all happened to exclaim at the same time. Then, Hercules Beetle destroyed the weakened Feral Imp, also destroying the useless Horn of the Unicorn.

SUNNY FLARE: 2000
OTHER TWILIGHT: 1350

"For my turn," Sunny Flare replied. "I'll just pass. Good luck, Twilight Sparkle."

"I'll need it," she thought to herself as she wiped her forehead and horn of sweat. "I'll set a monster in face-down defense position and end my turn." She then placed a monster down onto her field face down.

"I see," Sunny Flare replied. "Now, I'll summon Basic Insect, which has a boosted attack of 650!" After Basic Insect took to the field, she followed up with, "Magic Card Activate! Laser Cannon Armor! This card will boost Basic Insect's attack to 950!" After Basic Insect slightly grew in size, she also followed with, "Magic Card Activate! Level 2 Power Boost! This card boosts Basic Insect's attack to 2150! Now, destroy her set monster!"

As Basic Insect destroyed the other Twilight's set monster, which was a Griffore with a boosted defense of 1950, Rarity called up to her, "Twilight, Shining Armor called again!"

The other Twilight turned around and replied, "What did he say?!"

"The growth of the Everfree Forest is getting worse," Rarity sorrowfully replied. "They're evacuating the whole town now. It's not looking good. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo made it out okay, though!"

The other Twilight stared at her in shock for a moment. Then, she said, "Rarity, we need to win this duel. I have a feeling that this duel will stop the invasion, but only if we win." She then turned around and said to Sunny Flare, "Now, let's continue, shall we?"

For the next several turns, Sunny Flare and the other Twilight set cards on their field. By the 16th turn of the duel, Sunny Flare had three face-up monsters on the field, consisting of Gokibore with a boosted attack of 1560, Big Insect with a boosted attack of 1560, and Kamakiriman with a boosted attack of 1495. As the other Twilight drew her next card, she had an idea. So," she thought to herself. "I've drawn the Dark Magician. What I'll do is set it as well as this trap card so I can lure Sunny Flare into a trap." She then set both cards. "I end my turn!"

"Alright then," Sunny Flare replied. "Basic Insect, attack her set monster!"

"Not so fast," the other Twilight replied to her. "I activate Mirror Force! Now, all of your attack position monsters will be destroyed!" Indeed, Basic Insect proceeded to turn around and charge right back at Sunny Flare's own field just as the Dark Magician revealed himself. Subsequently, all of Sunny Flare's monsters were destroyed.

Sunny Flare replied in shock, "No way!"

"Now, Dark Magician, attack her set monster!" Dark Magician then stuck his right hand out as the other Twilight yelled, "Black Magic!" The set monster, revealed to be another Basic Insect, was destroyed. "How about that, Sunny Flare?"

Spike yelled up to the other Twilight, "Awesome job, Twilight!"

PreviousChapters Next