• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,803 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,803

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 11-The Great Moth

Sunny Flare drew her next card to begin her turn. "Aha! The card I was looking for!" She then smiled deviously and set a monster card on her field plus another card. "I end my turn, Twilight."

"Works for me," the other Twilight replied. "I'll summon Torike, with 1200 attack, to complement my Dark Magician!" As the small dinosaur-like creature then took shape on the field. "Now, Dark Magician, attack her set card!"

Just as Dark Magician was about to attack, Sunny Flare yelled, "Not so fast! Reverse card open! Negate Attack! I'll end the battle phase instead." She then laughed.

"Damn it," the other Twilight said to herself. "I end my turn!"

On her turn, Sunny Flare declared, "I now flip summon my Petit Moth in defense position to equip it with Cocoon of Evolution! This reduces its attack to 0 but boosts its defense to 2600!" Petit Moth then changed form on the field as it was equipped with Cocoon of Evolution. "Then, I activate Lightning Vortex."

"Oh no," the other Twilight exclaimed.

"By discarding one card," Sunny Flare explained. "I can destroy both your Torike and your Dark Magician!" Then, as she discarded a card, both the Dark Magician and Torike were killed by a storm of lightning before shattering into pieces. "How does it feel, Twilight?!"

"It makes me even more determined to win," the other Twilight defiantly replied as she drew her next card. "I summon Gaia the Fierce Knight!" As Gaia took form on the field, the other Twilight stared Sunny Flare down. "I then end my turn."

"Well," Sunny Flare began. "This will be a quick turn. I pass." She then thought to herself, "Soon, I'll be able to get my trump card out! I need just a few more turns."

After a few turns of doing nothing else, it had now been 4 turns since Cocoon of Evolution had been equipped to Petit Moth. Due to Petit Moth's high defense, the other Twilight was reduced to just setting monsters to protect herself. "I'm getting too tense, damn it! She's plotting something. I know it!"

Now," Sunny Flare said as she began her turn. "I sacrifice my Petit Moth to call upon my trump card, the Great Moth!" As the Great Moth took to the field, it stared down Gaia. It had an original attack of 2600, but due to the Field Power Bonus, its attack increased to 3380. "Attack her Gaia!"

"Reverse Card Open!" The other Twilight then revealed a trap card. "I activate Negate Attack, which ends your battle phase!" Indeed, the Great Moth suddenly stopped as it began to charge at Gaia and then turned back around.

"Of course," Sunny Flare replied. "But no matter! I still have the strongest monster on the field, Twilight. To finish my turn, I'll summon Magnetic Mosquito with 300 attack and end." Magnetic Mosquito then took to the field.

The other Twilight then drew a card to begin her turn. "Aha! I have the card that will bring about your demise!" She then activated a magic card. "I activate Burning Land! This card destroys any Field Magic Cards on the field. Additionally, per the rulings of this tournament, it also negates the Field Power Bonus, reducing the attack and defense of your Great Moth to 2600 and 2500, respectively."

Sunny Flare yelled out, "Oh no!" Great Moth then decreased in size as it lost its power boost.

"And to top it off," the other Twilight continued. "For each of our Standby Phases, we take 500 damage." She was now confident once more. "Now, Magic Card Activate!" She then placed down a second magic card. "Polymerization! I'll fuse Gaia with the Curse of Dragon from my hand to call upon Gaia, the Dragon Champion, with 2600 attack!" Gaia and the newly-formed Curse of Dragon then merged with each other as Gaia rode on top of the Curse of Dragon's back.

Spike shouted, "There you go, Twilight!"

"Finally," the other Twilight concluded. "I'll flip summon Battle Steer, with 1800 attack!" As Beaver Warrior took to the field, he aimed his sights at Sunny Flare's Magnetic Mosquito. "Gaia, attack her Great Moth in a suicide attack!"

Gaia then charged at Great Moth, destroying both of the monsters with a powerful explosion. Sunny Flare then realized what the other Twilight was about to do. "Oh no! She's going to-"

"Battle Steer," the other Twilight declared. "Attack her Magnetic Mosquito!" Beaver Warrior then sliced her Magnetic Mosquito right in half, destroying it.

SUNNY FLARE: 500
OTHER TWILIGHT: 1350

"That didn't kill her," Pinkie Pie said, confused. "Sunny Flare still has 500 life points left."

Rainbow Dash then told her, "But Twilight's magic card means she has to take 500 damage next turn automatically."

"Go on," the other Twilight replied. "Begin your turn."

Sunny Flare then drew a card. Sure enough, right after she did, the effect of Burning Land kicked in, making her drop to zero life points and lose.

SUNNY FLARE: 0
OTHER TWILIGHT: 1350

"No," Sunny Flare exclaimed. "I lost! You've... You've taken the position of the National Champion away from me!"

"That's not your only punishment," the other Twilight replied as her eyes and horn began to glow. "Sunny Flare, because you almost destroyed my hometown by throwing overboard the Sun Goddess cards, which contained the Elements of Harmony, you must face a great punishment." She then pointed at her and exclaimed, "Penalty Game!"

Sunny Flare then found that insects began crawling up her legs from her shoes and into her skirt and shirt. "Oh... Oh my God..." She then let out a loud scream that could be heard across the island as she ripped her Duel Gauntlet off, jumped off of the platform, and ran away into the extensive and expansive forest surrounding the Duel Arena, scratching at herself to try to get the "insects" off of her, which were all just an illusion planted by the other Twilight's magic into Sunny Flare's mind in reality. As she ran, she continued to scream, yelling, "Get off me! Get off me! Oh my God, somebody help me! They're eating me alive!"

As the other Twilight came down, she noticed 6 lights hovering in the sky above the Duel Arena. All were colored differently and began to descend. She said to herself, "Is that...?"

Rarity yelled out, "Those must be the Elements!"

Then, the 6 lights shot forwards and flew into the chests of the Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack, while the purple light instead shot straight into the Alicorn Puzzle around the other Twilight's neck. As they all stood, wondering what had happened, Rainbow Dash got a phone call. "Hello? Wait... What? It's going away?! The town is safe?! Oh my God... Thank God! I'll tell them right away!" She then hung up as she said, "Guys, the Everfree Forest is retreating from Ponyville! We did it!"

The other Twilight then smiled as Rainbow Dash hugged her from behind. "Looks like we didn't need the cards after all. All we need is our friendship."

Fluttershy said to the group, "Indeed. Those cards aren't the elements. We are."

"Alright," the other Twilight then said to the group, now more determined than ever. "Let's keep moving forward! We have a Princess of Equestria to save!"

PreviousChapters Next