• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 26-The Wild Gang

October 13, 2015

"Huh," said Twilight as she sat down in her seat in History class and looked over at an empty desk. "That's odd. Rainbow Dash never misses school."

Rarity, who went to History class with Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Flash Sentry, also noticed she was missing. "Twilight, do you have any idea where she could be? She never misses school."

"Nope. Dash never texted or called me about it." Twilight shrugged.

"You may find this hard to believe, but Rainbow Dash never, and I mean NEVER, misses a single day of school." Rarity was adamant. "She gets an A+ in P.E., but she doesn't do too well in other classes."

Flash Sentry then chimed in, saying, "Hate to admit it, but it seems awfully lonely here without her."

"Maybe we should check on her after school," Twilight suggested as she grabbed her History textbook from her bookbag. "It wouldn't hurt."


"Sorry," said Rainbow Dash's mom at her house as she sat down with Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Flash Sentry. "I don't know where she ran off to if she wasn't at school today. I tried calling her to see how she was doing during school, but she didn't answer, so I just assumed she was in class."

"That's unusual," Fluttershy said. "This doesn't seem right at all."

"Yeah," replied Rainbow Dash's mom as she wiped her eyes and yawned. "I got an idea. Why don't you get the rest of the gang together and see where she is? I'm getting pretty worried now."

"Consider it done," Twilight replied before turning to her friends. "Let's go find Rainbow Dash."


1 hour later, and the gang of 7 had had no luck finding her anywhere in town. As they walked through the center of town from one of Rainbow Dash's normal hangout spots, Twilight noticed a gang of 12th Grade boys, consisting of what appeared to be 2 winged, a regular person, 2 horned, and a bat-winged, confronting a pegasus freshman near a fast food restaurant. Applejack said, "Oh great, it's those idiots again. Stay away."

One of the boys held up the freshman from his shirt and told him, "Why did you step on my feet, you prick?"

"I... I didn't mean to..." The young boy's eyes were filled with fear.

Then, the 12th Grader slapped him and lowered him to the ground, saying, "Do that again and you'll get something worse than a slap. Now, scram!" The freshman then ran off in fear.

Rarity told the group, "That's Star Whistle's gang. They're nothing but trouble, especially these days."

"Wait a minute," said Twilight as she noticed an odd one out in the gang. "Is that... Oh my God..."

Fluttershy and Flash Sentry both said at the same time, "That's Rainbow Dash!"

The leader of the gang, a blue-haired unicorn named Star Whistle, turned to them and said to Rainbow Dash, "You know that gang of losers?"

Rainbow Dash emotionlessly said to him, "Beats me."

Pinkie Pie said to Rainbow Dash, "What do you mean 'beats me?'"

Spike told her, "How could you?!"

Twilight immediately ran up to her and said to her, "Rainbow Dash, it's me, Twilight Sparkle! Please, say you know me!"

Suddenly, the bat-winged of the gang clocked Twilight right in the face, telling her, "Shut your trap, you bitch." He then realized what he just said and turned to Rainbow Dash, telling her, "Ehhh... Sorry for saying 'bitch,' RD." She said nothing in response as the gang walked away.

An angry Applejack told Rainbow Dash, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Once Twilight got up and the gang walked away, Rarity told the group, "I... I have a confession to make... It's about Rainbow Dash's past."

Twilight asked her, "What? What is it?"

"Rainbow Dash... Was in a gang during middle school and early high school." Rarity then sighed in despair.

Fluttershy immediately became somber, saying, "I was just going to admit that."

Flash Sentry asked, "Mind telling the story, Fluttershy?"

She nodded and began telling the group about Dash's gang days. "Middle school was a rough time. I was held back in 6th Grade, and I was mercilessly bullied by my former classmates who went ahead while I stayed behind. However, there was one girl who stood up for me. It was Rainbow Dash."

Rarity then explained, "Rainbow Dash joined Star Whistle's old middle school gang at the end of 6th Grade after she became attracted to him. She was the only girl in that gang, and the only underclassman. When those two were together, they dominated the streets. Even some high school gangs were afraid of them. She also looked out for weaker students, such as Fluttershy, and protected them."

"But then," Flash Sentry continued. "Star Whistle became more aggressive. His gang turned from protectors to bullies themselves when the gang, sans Rainbow Dash, moved up to 9th Grade. Towards the end of Rainbow Dash's 9th Grade year and Star Whistle's 10th Grade year, they broke up, and she left the gang for good. Or, at least, I thought she did."

Twilight thought to herself for a minute. Then, she said, "This doesn't seem right. Something tells me Rainbow Dash was less than willing to join. She barely moved or interacted with anyone in the gang when we saw them. That's very out of character for her."

"Now that you mention it," Spike said. "She did seem a bit tense, actually. She definitely looked like she didn't want to be there at all."

Applejack began to agree, saying, "Maybe y'all are right. How 'bout we go lookin' for a member of Star Whistle's gang to see what's goin' on?"


A member of Star Whistle's gang said to himself as he emerged from a café called "The Griffon Club" carrying his wallet, "Why does Star Whistle wanna buy foreign cigarettes so bad? I wish he'd just buy from a domestic brand."

Suddenly, Rarity and Applejack tackled him from behind to the ground, holding his hands and legs still. Rarity told the man, "Tell us about Rainbow Dash rejoining Star Whistle's gang, NOW!"

"Uhhh," said the gang member as he tried to play dumb. "I got no clue what you're talking about."

"Tell me or I'll punch your teeth in," Rarity told him as she made a fist with her right hand and aimed it at the young man's mouth.

"Fine, fine! I'll tell you!" He then got up and brushed himself off. "If you wanna know so badly, here's how it went down. So, it all began about 4 days ago. Star Whistle was bringing his old gang back together to rule the streets. He decided that though he and RD had issues stemming from the fact they dated, and... Did other stuff... He needed her to come back to bring in more manpower and muscle. She told him, and this is right from her texts to him, to fuck off or else. He replied by telling her that if she didn't join, his gang would beat up the entire Class of 2017, starting with her friends and ending with her."

"Jesus Christ," Flash Sentry. "It's no wonder why she complied."

"However, things took a turn for the worse in the half an hour between us punching your little friend with the purple hair..." He then pointed at Twilight. "And you meeting me here..."

Applejack firmly asked him, "What do you mean 'took a turn for the worse?'"

PreviousChapters Next