• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,803 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,803

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 10-Luna Land

September 24, 2015

The day before, Twilight had called her friends, telling them of her invitation to Luna Land and the threat Nightmare Moon posed. They all agreed to go to Twilight's house and await the limousine that would transport them to Luna Land.

At the house was:

1. Twilight
2. Rainbow Dash
3. Pinkie Pie
4. Applejack
5. Rarity
6. Fluttershy
7. Spike
8. Flash Sentry

As they all sat down at tables in the library, Twilight got up before them, ready to speak. "Now," she began. "Before we go, I have to make something clear: I do not know what lays ahead. However, I do know that what does lay ahead could be very dangerous. I want everyone here to remain safe, and I want nobody getting hurt. Nightmare Moon may have her cronies, her cards, and her powers, but she lacks friendship and the heart of the cards, and that is why she will lose."

Rainbow Dash replied, "You're God damn right, Twilight. That bastard killed my dad, and we're gonna go deliver a serving of justice to her, up close and personal. You got this, Twi."

Then, Spike looked out a window in the doorway and said, "The limo is here!"

Everyone got up and walked out the door, not knowing what to expect.

Outside, a chauffeur got out and opened the passenger door, saying, "Greetings. Master Nightmare Moon is awaiting your presence."

"Tell her we're ready," Twilight said.

Pinkie Pie said to Rarity, "Oooh, that looks like a pretty awesome limo, right?"

"It sure does," Rarity replied. "Let's just hope this isn't a trap."


When they arrived at Luna Land in the city of Trottingham, they were greeted by Nightmare Moon herself. "Welcome," she said to the group, cheerful and energetic. "I'm glad you all could make it." She then extended her hand to Twilight.

Twilight uneasily shook her hand in response, saying, "Nice to meet you, Nightmare Moon." She thought to herself, "What's up with this woman?"

Fluttershy said to a visibly irritated Rainbow Dash, "Calm down, Dashie. Punching Nightmare Moon, or worse, won't help, for now at least."

The young woman sighed and replied, "I'll control it. Don't worry. Remember, don't get lost or hurt."

Flash Sentry said to Spike, "Hey there, fellow dude amongst girls."

Spike laughed and replied, "Hi." The 2 then fistbumped. "I assume Rainbow Dash roped you in?"

"Yep," the blue-haired man replied, "She said she needed me just in case shit hit the fan."

"Hopefully it doesn't."

As the group was led through the entrance of the park, a crowd of people watched them, intrigued as to why Nightmare Moon had invited them.

Once they reached the service entrance to another section of the main building of the park, Nightmare Moon turned around and said, "Now, you may all be wondering why I brought you here today."

The rest of the group replied with generic yesses to Nightmare Moon's question. Twilight raised her hand and said, "Why is there such a long line to the other entrance to this section?" She was referring to another entrance they had passed earlier that had a long line coming into it.

"You're about to see," the businesswoman replied. A guard then walked up, nodded at Nightmare Moon, and opened the door of the entrance.

Nightmare Moon walked in first, soon followed by 4 guards and the rest of the group. As soon as they walked in, they noticed that the section they had walked into was a stadium of some kind with a large tiled playing field and 2 yellow platforms that had been lowered to the ground.

Twilight looked around at the spectators, all cheering and screaming. She wondered why so many had come here.

Then, Applejack pointed at one of the yellow platforms and said, "Hey wait a minute! Ain't that Princess Celestia?!"

Twilight quickly looked over and gasped.

Celestia stood on the right hand lowered platform, seemingly worried and frightened.

Twilight broke from the group and jumped over a barrier to get onto the field, shouting, "Celestia! Celestia!"

The Princess looked over and said, "Twilight! Come over here!"

Twilight ran up to her and asked, "Celestia, what are you doing here?"

Celestia sighed and said, "Nightmare Moon kidnapped me this morning. I've been locked up inside the park for several hours. She wants me to duel her using some new Duel Monsters Arena she made."

"What?! No way!"

Nightmare Moon walked down to the 2 of them and said, "Yes way, as a matter of fact. Welcome to Hell on Earth, Celestia and Twilight. You all will die here, and nobody will ever know until it is too late to stop me."

As the rest of the group caught up to them, Twilight screamed, "Nightmare Moon, you monster! You wouldn't dare!"

"But I do, little girl." After laughing and stepping into her platform, she said, "Welcome to Moon-T, where the winner walks away and the loser faces a penalty game!"

Celestia said to Twilight, "Go back to the stands and wait there for us. I'll be fine. I have my secret weapon with me." She then winked her right eye at Twilight and smiled.

Twilight nodded and said, "Godspeed, Princess. Godspeed."

As the group went back to the stands, the platforms got into their ready positions. Nightmare Moon turned on a built-in microphone connecting the 2 platforms together and sinisterly said, "Good luck, sis." She then grabbed a portable microphone and said, "Welcome to Luna Land! Today, your's truly will be facing your head of state, your Princess, your leader, Princess Celestia of Canterlot! This was a duel already agreed to by both of us. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Luna Land, and I would like you to wish both of us the best of luck. Now, let's duel!"

The crowd went wild as the duel finally began, chanting, "Nightmare Moon! Nightmare Moon! Nightmare Moon!"

As they both drew their cards, Nightmare Moon spoke through her built-in microphone to Celestia, saying, I'll let you go first."

Celestia replied, "Fine." After drawing her card, she said, "I call upon Divine Dragon Ragnarok with 1500 attack." She then placed her card down on the electronic playing mat on her platform.

Suddenly, the tile that corresponded with the zone she placed the card in began to light up, and the monster she had summoned began to take form.

Celestia gasped and said to herself, "No way! She made the cards real!"

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Flash Sentry all said together, "Real monsters?!"

Applejack yelled, "What the hell's going on out there?!"

Nightmare Moon said to Celestia, "I bet you're a little shocked, sister. This is my new Virtual Simulation System. It indeed makes the cards come to life." She then drew her card. "Now it's my turn. I summon Bottom Dweller with 1650 attack!" AS the monster took form, Nightmare Moon said, "Attack her dragon!"

NIGHTMARE MOON: 2000
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 1850

Princess Celestia had to look away and cover her eyes as the bright light of the attack flashed before her. She thought to herself, "She's gone mad!"

Once the attack was done, Nightmare Moon said, "Oh yeah, and one more thing." She then pressed a button on her platform that only she had. "I forgot this little surprise."

Suddenly, a glass box rose in the centre of the field. In it were 2 armed guards. Celestia said to Nightmare Moon, "What did you just reveal to me?"

"The loser will be forcibly escorted into that little glass room and subjected to a penalty game." Nightmare Moon thought to herself, "You did this to me, sister, and now, it's your turn."

Celestia replied, "No matter! Now it's my turn again, and I summon Hyozanryu with 2100 attack!" After the dragon took form, she said, "Attack her Bottom Dweller!"

NIGHTMARE MOON: 1550
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 1850

Twilight cheered and said, "Alright! Go Celestia!"

Nightmare Moon replied, "Not bad. That's a very good card. Now it's my turn." After she drew her card, she said, "I''ll summon Akihiron in Defense Position with 1400 defense. I'll now end my turn."

Celestia thought to herself, "Once I get my Blue-Eyes White Dragon on the field, Nightmare Moon is done for! The Blue-Eyes White Dragon is the strongest monster in the game with 3000 attack and 2500 defense. Only 4 were made, and I have one of them. Nothing can defeat it."

After Hyozanryu destroyed Nightmare Moon's defense monster, she said, "Now I'll summon Empress Mantis with 2200 attack! Now, destroy Hyozanryu!"

NIGHTMARE MOON: 1550
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 1750

Rainbow Dash said, "This duel is getting pretty intense. Those are some damn strong cards they both got there."

"I'll set 2 cards face down and end my turn."

Celestia said, "I'm far from finished, Nightmare Moon!" She then drew her next card and smiled, simply saying, "I win."

Nightmare Moon said, "You win? How?"

"I summon the Blue-Eyes White Dragon with 3000 attack!" Celestia then set the card onto her platform.

As the monster formed on the field, the crowd once again went wild, left in shock and awe over Celestia's Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

"Now, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack! Burst Stream of Destruction!" The Blue-Eyes White Dragon replied by opening its mouth and firing a massive beam of light at the Empress Mantis, destroying it with ease.

NIGHTMARE MOON: 750
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 1750

Nightmare Moon simply laughed, replying to Celestia, "You think that can stop me?! Sure, it may be the most powerful monster in the game, but I still have a truck up my sleeve! I'll first activate Ultimate Offering, which allows me to sacrifice 500 life points to normal summon or set another monster. Then I'll activate Blue Medicine to bump my life points up by 400."

NIGHTMARE MOON: 1150
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 1750

Celestia said, "So what? No monster can match the power of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"

"Indeed," Nightmare Moon replied as she summoned a monster. "That's why I got one of my own."

Celestia, shocked at Nightmare Moon's answer, replied, "What the hell?! You got a Blue-Eyes?!"

As Nightmare Moon's Blue-Eyes formed, she said, "That's not all. I'll sacrifice 1000 of my life points to bring forth my other 2 Blue-Eyes White Dragons!"

Celestia was in a state of extreme shock by this point, amazed and horrified at the fact that Nightmare Moon had 3 copies of the most powerful monster in Duel Monsters. "No... Impossible!"

Twilight screamed, "Celestia! No!"

"Now," Nightmare Moon replied, "Attack her! Burst Stream of Destruction!"

NIGHTMARE MOON: 1150 (WINNER)
PRINCESS CELESTIA: 0 (LOSER)

As the force of the attack hit Celestia, she screamed in pain as the air escaped from her lungs and her arms were forced back by the sheer force of the wind, dislocating her left shoulder with a very loud "pop". She felt her windpipe burn intensely as she breathed in superheated air.

Once the attack was over, the platforms were over, and Celestia could barely find the strength to stand, having had the wind knocked out of her by the attack. Nightmare Moon walked over to her platform and grabbed her Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, saying, "Here's your first penalty game, bitch!"

Twilight jumped onto the field, screaming, "GET AWAY FROM HER!"

Nightmare Moon then ripped her Blue-Eyes White Dragon in half before tossing the 2 pieces on the ground. She said, "The rules only allow 3 copies of one card in a deck, so the fourth one is unnecessary to me."

The entire gang of 8 stopped dead in their tracks and gasped in shock. Twilight screamed, "CELESTIA'S BLUE-EYES! NO!"

Celestia weakly reached out and said, "No! My... My Blue-Eyes!"

"Of course," Nightmare Moon said as her 2 armed guards led Celestia into the glass box. "There is still one more penalty game for you."

Once they shut the door on the box, the guards pressed a button outside, filling the box with obscuring smoke.

Celestia looked around, rubbing her dislocated left shoulder. "Where am I?"

Suddenly, she heard growling behind her and looked. She screamed when she saw what had made the growling.

A group of at least 6 monsters, all hideous, oozing blood from their mouths, and bearing their sharp teeth, approached Celestia. She screamed, "Oh my God! Someone help me! Oh dear God! Oh God no!" The screams got louder and louder as the monsters began to attack her, or so it seemed to her.

Twilight screamed at Nightmare Moon, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!"

Nightmare Moon replied, "This is the Experience of Death, Twilight. It's a machine that subjects the victim to extreme illusions of being devoured by monsters. I put 10 convicted criminals from the Lunar Republic through this to see how they would react. All went insane in 8 minutes, 7 tried slitting their wrists with their own fingernails in 13, and 4 succeeded in killing themselves in 20. Now, if you want me to let her out, you must agree to face me in Moon-T, or else."

"Fine," Twilight confidently replied. "I'll go up against you in your sick game! Just let her out!"

"You heard the girl, boys. Let her out."

The guards nodded and turned off the box before opening the doors, allowing Twilight to run in. As the rest of the group ran up to catch up with her, Twilight ran to Celestia's side, tears filling her eyes.

Celestia, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, held her face with her left hand, saying, "Twilight..."

"Celestia," Twilight said as she began crying. "I'm so sorry I let you get into this..."

Celestia then said, "It's not your fault, my star pupil..." She then reached into her pocket with her right hand and pulled out a small deck box. "I... I want you to have this..."

"Celestia, please, you're going to make it..."

"I know, you idiot... I can't die yet..." She then coughed up some blood in Twilight's face before wiping it off with her left hand. "Sorry about that... Use this deck to defeat Nightmare Moon... Please..." She then clutched her chest with her right arm in intense pain.

Twilight grabbed the deck box and put it in her pocket before yelling at the group, "Somebody call 911! I think she's having a heart attack!"

Nightmare Moon groaned and said, "I'll call my medical staff to pick her up." She then called the first aid station on her phone to pick Celestia up as the crowd wondered what was going on.

"You bitch," Rainbow Dash yelled at her. "First you killed my father, and now this!" As she tried to charge at Nightmare Moon, Fluttershy and Rarity held her back.

A guard asked, "Should we eject her from the park?"

Nightmare Moon replied, "No, let her be. She'll be needed for this."

After about a minute and a half, 3 people ran onto the field with a stretcher and a medical bag. Once they loaded Celestia up, they quickly wheeled her away. The crowd, thinking she was now alright, began clapping as they usually did at sporting events when an injured player was wheeled off.

Nightmare Moon grabbed her portable microphone and said, "Celestia was a bit thrown off by that. Don't worry, she'll be fine, ladies and gents. She would want us to carry on with the show. Now, look at the group of 8 that I brought in here with me. These lucky 8 will participate in Moon-T, a game where they will face a variety of challenges leading up to the final stage, where one of them will face me in a Duel Monsters game. Don't miss it!"

The crowd then cheered, thinking Moon-T would be a harmless game of survival.

In reality, it would be the exact opposite.

PreviousChapters Next