• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 1-The DVD

October 31, 2015

"Eh, better luck next time," Twilight said as she, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Flash Sentry, and Spike walked home from a local tournament at a card shop that Rainbow Dash had lost around 2 in the afternoon. "You can't win all the time."

"I know, I know," Rainbow Dash said as they approached Twilight's library. There, on the front doorstep, was a small package. Rainbow Dash said, "Look at that. A package."

Twilight looked at it and noticed it was stamped with an address identifying it as an Industrial Sirens package. "Hey, Industrial Sirens, the company that makes Duel Monsters." The gang then walked inside the library's main room.

Pinkie Pie said, "Open the package up. I bet there's cards in there."

"I didn't order anything," Twilight replied as she opened the package up. Inside was a DVD. "Huh... It's labelled "For Twilight Sparkle." I wonder what it's about..."

"Pop it in the T.V.," Applejack said. "Let's see what this is." The gang then sat down in front of the library's main room T.V. as Twilight popped in the DVD into a DVD player. She then used a remote to turn the T.V. on and select DVD mode. Then, she pressed play.

Immediately, Adagio Dazzle, the CEO of Industrial Sirens, appeared on the screen. She said, "Why, hello, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight said in shock, "The CEO?!"

"I apologize if this seems sudden," Adagio continued. "You see, I would like to congratulate you in your victory against Nightmare Moon, or as she now calls herself, Princess Luna. I see you did a number on her too, since she was in the hospital in a coma for a few days afterwards."

"Say," Rainbow Dash said as she noticed something. "Why does she have that artificial eye?"

"I don't know," Twilight replied. "It looks a little similar to my Alicorn Puzzle."

Rarity asked, "Could it be another Alicorn Item?"

"Now," Adagio Dazzle continued. "I believe that you could be the true champion of the game Duel Monsters, Twilight. That is why I want to invite you over to a special tournament of mine during Spring Break. It starts on March 22, 2016, in 5 months time. In those 5 months, you will need to prepare yourself. Additionally, you will also receive another 3 DVDs, one each from my partners, company CFO Aria Blaze, and company president Sonata Dusk, and finally, one again from me right before the tournament."

Twilight thought to herself, "She seems serious. I wonder what's in store for me."

"The tournament is called Duelist Kingdom," Adagio continued. "I've invited many of Equestria's best Duel Monsters players. You have your work cut out for you, Twilight, but I'm confident you will do very well. Anyways, before I go, I must tell you about the artificial eye I have. You see, I noticed that you yourself possess the Alicorn Puzzle. Well, I possess an Alicorn Item as well: The Alicorn Eye. It would be unkind, though, to reveal what it does just yet. I will let you find out on your own."

Rarity said, "So there's more than just the Ring and the Puzzle." She then looked down at the Alicorn Ring, which, as far as anyone knew, was now just a powerless necklace.

"I also know that you possess the Elements of Harmony," Adagio continued. "I am impressed that Princess Celestia would entrust you with these powerful artifacts that are so intertwined with the Alicorn Items. You see, they were born of the Tree of Harmony around the same time the Items were created in the Pre-Discordian era, though they would not be found until later by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Well, with that, this video ends. Good luck, Twilight."

Now more confused than ever, Twilight said to herself, "What does all of this mean?"

Fluttershy said to her, "Regardless, we'll be there with you during the tournament."

Flash Sentry said, "Of course. I don't mind taking a vacation with friends during Spring Break."

"Alright then," Twilight replied, confident. "Let's get ready so we can win in 5 months time."


June 1, 2015

An exciting duel was taking place in Manehattan, and 50,000 people watched in a converted concert/basketball arena.

Nightmare Moon had been invited by Adagio Dazzle to watch her face a Griffonian-Equestrian player named Gilda Rhodes. She had been born in a neighboring country named Griffonia, but had emigrated with her family to Equestria when she was young. She and Rainbow Dash had been classmates in elementary school before they both moved from the city of Cloudsdale in the 5th Grade. She had challenged Adagio Dazzle, and she agreed on the following conditions:

1. The prize would be 8 million bits
2. The Duel would take place in a large stadium capable of holding fifty thousand people.
3. The Duel would be broadcast nationwide.
4. The earnings would be split with the sponsors and TV stations.

Adagio Dazzle was in a pitched duel with Gilda, who ran a Mechanical deck. After Gilda had completed her turn, Adagio said to her, "You seem pretty confident."

"I am," Gilda replied. "I feel confident that I'll be beating the creator of Duel Monsters at her own game."

Then, Adagio said, "I'm gonna show you that even a child could defeat you." She then stood up and called over a young boy in the stands. The boy was only 9 years old, and was helped over the fence of the stands to the floor of the small arena by Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.

The boy ran over and said, "Oh my gosh, this is so cool!"

Nightmare Moon, who had been watching, thought to herself, "What the hell are the three doing?"

Adagio said to the boy, "Follow these instructions, and good luck."

After a few more turns, it looked like Gilda was going to win. She had the monster Garnecia Elefantis, with an attack of 2400, on the field, and the boy had no monsters left. Gilda was down to 100 life points, and the boy was down to 50. Then, the boy said, "I'll summon Flying Elephant with... 1850 attack. Then, I'll activate... Uhh... Megamorph, I think?"

Gilda said, "Megamorph?!"

"Oh boy," said the boy. "It says here Flying Elephant's attack is doubled since my life points are lower than your's. I don't know what 1850 doubled adds up to, but I know it's more than 2400."

Gilda said to herself as she facepalmed in defeat, "Oh mein Gott... Das kann nicht passieren... Ich muss träumen..."

"I see you've lost," Adagio Dazzle said to Gilda. "As I said, even a child can beat you, Gilda."

Nightmare Moon said to herself, "Holy shit... She just embarrassed Gilda on live T.V."


Later that evening, Nightmare Moon, Cloud Tail, and the three Sirens met in an office. In front of them was a miniature version of the hologram technology that the Luna Corporation had developed for Duel Monsters. "Go on," Nightmare Moon said to the three. "Place any monster card down on the field."

Sonata Dusk, the more upbeat of the three, said, "Oooh, I'll go first." She then pulled her deck out of her pocket and selected the monster "Happy Lover" with 800 attack. Sure enough, it appeared on the field as an extremely life-like hologram. "Woah... That's cool..."

"I'm impressed," Adagio Dazzle said as she extended her hand out to Nightmare Moon. "Consider this a done deal, Nightmare Moon."

"It's a pleasure doing business with you, Adagio," Nightmare Moon replied.

Cloud Tail thought to himself, "I think there's something up with that fake eye of Adagio's... There's no way she could have pulled off her win against Gilda fairly..."

PreviousChapters Next