• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,804 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,804

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 2-Falling From Cloud Nine

November 10, 2015

"Cloud Tail," said Princess Luna as they sat in her office. "I know I've been pretty... Quiet... Since I woke up."

Cloud Tail, still getting used to Luna now that she had been defeated, said, "Well, yeah. You lost one of the most important games in your life, almost killed your sister, and got put into a coma for several days. You're in shock, Luna."

Luna then sighed. "You're right... This whole Moon-T shit distracted me from ruling over the Lunar Republic. The Moon's inhabitants are still not doing too well after all these years. We're restricted by the harsh environment to a little over a fourth of the Moon's surface, basically the size of Ib'xian, and we're still broke, though we're getting better." She then stood up. "I gotta go to the Moon from today to the 27th on Presidential business."

"You know, you haven't spoken to Celestia or Twilight since Moon-T," Cloud Tail said to her.

"I know," Luna replied as she walked out of the office. "The thing is... I'm afraid to talk to my sister, and I still have the urge to beat Twilight, though under much fairer circumstances than in Moon-T. You see, I've grown to have a level of respect for Twilight, even though she is still my rival." She then paused. "There are only 3 people who deserve the title of "duelist" in the world, Cloud. They are me, my sister, and Twilight Sparkle. I will leave you with that."

Cloud Tail thought to himself, "What does she mean by that?"


Twilight stood in line at a packed department store in Trottingham around 5 P.M., waiting for a rare new watch that had came out called the P-Shock Premium. She intended to buy it for Flash, who had broken his watch the day before while playing football with the gang after school. As she inched closer to the counter, she thought to herself, "I mean... It's not like I have feelings for Flash in that way. This is just a favor for a friend and nothing more..."

Then, as Twilight approached the counter, she said, "I'll have the P-Shock Premium, please."

"You're in luck," said the clerk. "Because you are about to buy the last P-Shock Premium we have in stock."

As the crowd behind her became disappointed, Twilight said, "Wow, I am lucky." As she paid for the watch and received it, a man behind her became agitated.

"You don't really deserve it," said the man, wearing an orange jacket. "I, on the other hand, do." He then rolled up his sleeves, displaying 10 watches, 5 on each hand. "These are the ultra-rare Dragonican Color Watches in Special Variation. I am the ONLY person to have all of these 10 watches at once. A watch as rare as the P-Shock only deserves to be in the hands of a watch collector like me."

"I'll call the police if you don't stop," the clerk sternly said to the watch collector. "Now, leave."

"Fine," the watch collector replied as he left. "There'll be more one day, I hope."


At 6:30 P.M., Flash Sentry came over to the Golden Oaks Library to get the watch. As he stepped inside, Twilight greeted him and handed him the watch itself, a sleek gold-yellow digital watch. "Here you go, Flash. I got it for you after you broke your's yesterday." Twilight then blushed slightly.

"Why, thank you," Flash replied. He then put it on, admiring its looks. "This had to be expensive as hell."

"It wasn't a problem," Twilight replied. "Anyways, some guy tried to take it from me."

"Were you hurt? What happened to him?" Flash then became concerned for Twilight.

"Some watch collector said I didn't "deserve" the watch or something. Luckily, the clerk told him to get out before things escalated." Twilight then checked her phone.

"That's good," Flash replied as he set the time on his new watch. "It's 6:34 P.M., right?"


November 11, 2015

After school, Flash Sentry and Twilight went to a local arcade. After winning against him in a fighting game, Twilight said, "Alright, I won!"

"Damn," Flash replied as he turned around. "Well, I gotta run to the bathroom. Hopefully, I can beat you in the next game." He then took off the P-Shock and stuffed it in his back pocket.

"Maybe," Twilight replied as Flash walked to the men's bathroom.

After finishing up in the bathroom, Flash went to wash his hands in a sink. As he did, he suddenly felt a small pull on his back pocket. He turned around, but saw nothing except a man walking out of the bathroom. He then shrugged and continued washing his hands.

However, after drying his hands, he reached to his back pocket and noticed the watch was gone. He immediately said, "What the hell?! That man I saw must have taken it!"

Meanwhile, outside of the men's bathroom, Twilight saw the man emerge wearing the P-Shock on his right arm. She immediately walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. As the man turned around, she said, "Give me back that watch. That's my friend's."

"You're that girl from the store," the man replied. As Twilight recognized him, the man bolted for a utility closet. Twilight immediately gave chase. Eventually, after about 15 seconds of running, they both entered the utility closet.

"This ends now," Twilight replied as she closed the door behind her and locked it. "Give me the watch, or else."

"Or else what?" The man then lunged at Twilight and punched her in the face.

As Twilight recoiled, her Alicorn Puzzle glowed as she said, "This is what." Then, she was enveloped in a red light as she transformed into the other Twilight. "Now you'll face MY wrath."

"Woah," replied the watch thief in surprise. He then sneered, "Whatever." He then took off the watch and held it in his right hand.

Suddenly, the entire utility closet became filled with various large and small gears. Additionally, a mechanical bird popped out of the ground and took the watch from the thief before retreating into the ground, and stopwatches appeared on the walls behind Twilight and the thief.

"What the hell was that?!" The thief was startled and shaken by the room transformation.

"The P-Shock will reappear from the ground and the stopwatches will activate," said the other Twilight as she explained the rules before pointing at a pendulum above. "See that pendulum? The one who stops the stopwatches closest to 10 seconds wins. But if you exceed the 10 seconds you will get hit by the pendulum passing by right next to the P-Shock."

"Okay then," replied the watch thief as he got ready and the P-Shock reappeared.

"Game Start!" The other Twilight then started the stopwatch, also starting the pendulum. As the pendulum moved in closer, she stared intently. Then, she stopped the timer. "I got 9.6 seconds."

"Not bad," replied the watch thief as the pendulum got back into position. He then started the stopwatch again along with the pendulum. After what he thought was 10 seconds, he stopped the stopwatch. "Hah," the thief replied. "I'm a great counter in my he-" He then stopped in shock. "9.4 seconds?!"

"I win," the other Twilight replied as she smiled in victory.

"I don't care," replied the thief as he reached for the watch anyway. However, as he did, the pendulum suddenly swung down and cut his hand, stopping him in his tracks. "Agh!"

The other Twilight then pointed at him as her horn and eyes glowed and yelled, "Penalty Game!"

The thief looked down at his bleeding cut as it suddenly turned into a series of gears, giving off the impression that the thief was made of machine parts. He screamed and fell to the ground in shock as he looked into a nearby mirror and saw that even his pupils were replaced with gears, panicking him further. He screamed at the top of his lungs and fell to the floor, shivering in fear.

The other Twilight then grabbed the watch and said to the thief, "And that is what you get for not only stealing from my friend, but also for breaking the rules of the game. Game Over!"

PreviousChapters Next