• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 170 Views, 0 Comments

It goes here... no here - Tarpop2



Derpy celebrates her birthday party. However, somepony is missing, so she begins to investigate where this somepony might be.

  • ...
 0
 170

Help


A large bolt of lightning erupted from the sky and shook the ground. Moments after, a small purple creature appeared out of a large hole where the dirt was supposed to be. It was tiny and fragile, but it’s eyes were wide open with wonderful amounts of full blown excitement.

Looking around, the creature started moving in a direction, before reaching a city filled entirely with giants it seemed. They were strange indeed: they walked on all fours and their color seemed indifferent to any known racial structure it ever seen. It ran quickly into a crack and was surprised to what it saw.

The walls seemed sugary sweet and the smell, though it was good, was way too strong. The small creature covered it’s nose and looked more closely at the overbearing obstacle blocking the outside; the creature saw that there was a small crack on an otherwise perfect wall. Slowly, it tightly squeezed through the crack.

In this area, the place was covered with things that made it so it could see itself. It climbed the rectangular mountains. Had it taken a few more steps, it could’ve ended up almost in a large hole. It walked around the large hole and tapped its legs; a small screen floating in the space beside it. It began to lean against a wall and speak its mind.

“Uh… the date is [REDACTED]. I… have no idea where I am. The only thing I remember is that someone grabbed me. My size is about ten centimetres I think. I need to contact someone for help. This device should help me…”


Somewhere not there, a room, shrouded in darkness, was at the scene. A lone mare started walking into this room. She looked around and couldn’t see anything, so she stopped for a second and-

“Surprise!”

The lights turned on. The whole room seemed to shake at the outburst. Balloons slowly fell down and little bits of ribbon fell down from the ceiling. A young mare toppled onto her rump and looked with wide eyes at this display. “Wowie, you guys shouldn’t have.”

A certain white mare brushed her mane to her side and smiled brightly. “Oh, on the contrary dear, it is our duty as your friends to make sure at least… one day of the year is worth enjoying to the fullest.”

“Um… I made the decorations… also happy-

“We made this party the coolest! It’s almost as cool as me!” a blue mare interrupted.

“Hey, did anyone see Applejack?” a pink pony said.

“Pinkie, remember? She’s buying birthday candles at the market because somepony forgot to.” The white mare simply smiled at the comment. “Anyway Derpy, as your friend, I hereby want to give you this present.”

The purple mare kicked a box wrapped up in a tight bow over to Derpy. Derpy’s eyes grew wider as she hastily unwrapped the bow and lifted the box cover. “What is it Twilight?”

“It’s a flashlight. Since you’re not magical like me, you might need a- DERPY! Oh wait, this is a carpet floor. But for safety, you should put it in your knapsack.”

“Oh okay.” Derpy did just that.

“Yeah yeah, I’ll give my gift after. Can we eat the cake now?”

“Dash dear, be patient. Birthdays only come once a year.”

The yellow mare raised its hoof up. “Well… Dash uhm… Rarity has a point. Be-besides, Applejack still hasn’t c-come back yet.”

“Precisely darling.”

So they waited. And they waited. Waited more, but nothing came to, save for the wind. Derpy noticed Twilight’s look, and she didn’t like it. “What’s wrong?”

“If we can’t find Applejack right now, we can’t light your candles to celebrate your coming of age. If we can’t find Applejack ever, then what will we do to save this world from disharmony?”

“See, we could’ve had a sweet party if I had planned it but nooooo, you wanted to play it yourself and have it traditionally.”

“Well, I didn’t want to surprise Derpy. You know what she’s been through.”

“Exactly, so if I planned it, I could’ve made her have such a good time that it would’ve made the bad times go away.”

“Or cause her to go into shock.”

Pinkie and Twilight kept on arguing like this. Derpy was about to go downstairs but then Rarity walked up to her. She attached a bracelet to her leg and patted it on gently. “I hope you like it darling. I found a gem outside a while ago and just had to put it inside a mould, you have to understand.”

“Yeah it… looks swell. Thanks Rarity.”

“Oh don’t worry about it. Say, are you still worrying about that incident? I’m here for you if you need anything.”

Derpy shook her head. “Uh-uh, I’m strong. If I worry about it, then who will deliver mail to all the ponies of Ponyville?”

“I see... darling, could you check downstairs for a bit. I think I left my letter to some pony special on the counter.”

Derpy went downstairs but noticed it was very dark. Luckily, she grabbed the flashlight she got as a gift and turned it on. She looked around and noticed nothing was out of place in this room.

She went over to the next room, which looked to her like a standard kitchen. She looked for the light-switch and turned it on. She turned her flashlight off and put it back in her knapsack carefully. She saw an envelope closed with a red seal. She assumed this was the letter that Rarity was talking about. She put it in her knapsack for safe keeping.

She went to the cupboard, grabbed herself a cup and maneuvered over to the sink. She turned on the tap and put the cup under it. She sipped a little bit and relaxed for a while. “Phew, good thing no one’s watching me.”

Carefully putting the cup in the sink, she turned off the tap. She looked behind the tap though, and that’s when she noticed something amiss.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment