• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 4,763 Views, 1,120 Comments

Chosen Love - Just A Random Pegasus



The time has come for the four Pie sisters to use the Choosing Stone to find their special somepony. Love isn't a breeze; even when the right pony is thrown right in front of you.

  • ...
16
 1,120
 4,763

PreviousChapters Next
Maud: There's No Secrets in Love

A nice breeze was blowing throughout the Empire, and the sensation relaxed Maud as she closed her eyes. It wasn't too cold, and wasn't too hot. It was perfect.

Geode seemed to be looking away from her. Maud raised a brow in confusion at his strange behavior. Probably has to do with that secret of his.

Maud looked to him for a few seconds. He looked at her, but then quickly returned his gaze to the surrounding area. Maud raised an eyebrow.

"What's the problem?"

Geode blushed. "Uh... nothing."

Maud blinked. Nope, you can't fool me.

"Does it have to do with that secret you're gonna tell me?"

He shakily nodded. Maud stepped a bit closer to him.

"Mind telling me now?"

Geode shook his head. "No. I'll walk you to a barren area."

Maud held back a laugh. Aside from the fancy word usage, his voice sounded very nervous. "Well, okay."

Maud looked to his saddlebag, where the faint jingling of bits could be heard. "Are we going to stop anywhere to buy something?"

Geode shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, if you like. I didn't plan on passing any stores-"

"Then why did you pack the bits?"

"B-because I thought you might want to buy something," he replied, his glance still away from her.

Maud nodded. "Fair enough."

Even though he answered all of her questions, she still seemed... a bit suspicious of what was going on. She was a little nervous about hearing this secret. Hopefully it wouldn't be something bad. Maud had been fretting about bad possibilities ever since the day before. A crude voice in her head kept telling her whatever this is will change their relationship for the worse. Maud didn't want to think of this, but it was very possible. She wanted to ask him about it, but she knew he wouldn't give the answer in the middle of the crowded Empire sidewalk.

Geode suddenly veered from the sidewalk and walked towards the shining grass next to them.

"Where are you going?" Maud asked.

"Just follow me," Geode ordered as he took a left. Maud cantered to keep up with him, and eventually was right alongside him.

The two continued walking in silence until a tall hill was in front of them. It seemed to overlook quite a bit of the Empire.

Geode started to climb it, and Maud followed behind. She assumed he would want to talk at the top of this hill; it was secluded, after all. It also gave a nice aerial view of the Empire, something Maud hadn't seen since they were in the helicopter during the Sombra incident a few months back.

They were about halfway up the hill when Maud turned her head. She already saw a pretty impressive view of the Empire, and they weren't even on the top of the large hill yet. The evening sun beamed at the perfect angle to the Empire, causing a nice, sunlit glow to emit from the sky and area around. The sun almost seemed to reflect from the buildings onto her coat, which cast a nice, refreshing warmth.

The two reached the top of the hill and looked out over the Empire. The sun was starting to descend, and the moon was beginning to rise.

After admiring the scenery for a few more seconds, Maud turned to Geode. He had levitated the saddlebag off of his back and put it on the ground next to them. He stood standing like he was frozen in place.

By this point, Maud had already sat down. The breeze kicked up, blowing a bit more at their altitude. It glided through her mane, whisking it around. She felt Geode's presence leave her and walk over to where his saddlebag was. He looked behind where he and Maud were positioned and seemed to make a few... signals? That's what it looked like. Maud looked, but saw nothing but a bush in the direction he was signaling.

What is going on?

He seemed to be going through his saddlebag, his cheeks tinted red. He seemed to find what he needed, because he stopped going through it. He turned to Maud, locking her teal eyes in his orange ones.

"Hey, Maud? Can we talk?" He asked. Maud blinked.

"Sure."

Geode rubbed the back of his neck, still standing up. His legs appeared frozen again.

"Maud...? I want you to know something," He gestured for her to stand up, and she did so. He kept her gaze in his, placing his forehead up against hers. "I love you more than anypony in all of Equestria."

These words warmed Maud's heart. She smiled, wanting to say something, but nothing came to mind.

Geode continued. "You helped me overcome things that burdened my life. You made me happier than anypony can. Heck, because of you, I finally didn't listen to what my parents suggest I do. I realized so many things in my life because of you, and I don't think there's anyway I can possibly repay that."

He stepped away from Maud, who was smiling. Maud rarely had her entire muzzle covered in a smile, but now was one of those times.

After the two kept their glance in each other's eyes before Geode's horn lit up in a soothing, orange glow.

"You wanna know what I've been keeping from everyone the past few days?"

Maud nodded without hesitation, her eyes sparkling. She knew whatever this was had to be good. He made her feel happy; like nothing could shatter her pleasure.

He smirked at her before the glow on his horn increased. He levitated something closer. That wasn't what Maud had her eyes on, though. She was still staring at Geode. Her trance was broken by something being levitated between the two. Maud didn't know what it was at first, but after close inspection, she realized it was a small box with a rotating pattern of deep purple amethyst and blue topaz embroidered on the sides.

Geode opened the box with his magic to reveal a shimmering ring. It had a strikingly beautiful diamond in the center, and the same pattern of amethyst and topaz around the diamond that was on the box. Maud stared at it as it reflected the sunlight, speechless.

"Maud Pie... will you marry me?"

Maud's eyes widened; her pupils the size of softballs. She looked to the ring, then to Geode, and then back to the ring again. She struggled to find her voice, but she did after a minute.

"Yes. Yes!" She said, her voice reaching a higher pitch. The realization dawned on her as she answered. Now, the two were going to be forever tied by a bond of love. They would be considered family. This brought a warmth to Maud's heart; unlike anything she's ever experienced.

Geode smiled and levitated the ring onto her right hoof. Maud felt the cold sensation of the metal on her hoof, and smiled even brighter. The ring fit perfectly. This must have been what he was doing at his shop.

She looked up to see Geode moving closer to her. She closed her eyes, completely lost in the moment. The two shared a long, serene kiss. They completely lost themselves from the surroundings in complete and utter bliss.

As they were about to pull apart, loud bangs sounded out from all around them. Maud didn't pay much attention to them, and it looked like Geode didn't either. As soon as they separated, they looked at each other like this would be the last moment they would ever see each other. In Maud's peripheral vision, she saw many different colors of light coming from above the Empire. She broke eye contact and looked to see fireworks booming in the sky. The colors mostly consisted of blue and purple, but there were many red hearts. Some fireworks seemed to cascade in a fountain of colors, and others whistled as they soared through the air before exploding. There were three consecutive fireworks that exploded which were hearts with... Maud and Geode's cutie mark inside.

Maud smiled at this display as a few more hearts were set off. Whoever was setting these off had quite a talent. After a few more seconds, the fireworks came to a stop. Maud turned to Geode again, who wasn't looking at her. He was looking back at the bushes, but this time, Maud saw two familiar unicorns.

"Starlight, Sunburst, that was wonderful," Geode complimented, his statement causing the two to hold their heads up high. Sunburst looked between the two and a smile formed on his face.

"Oh, we're not done yet," he said, winking at Starlight. Starlight smiled and nodded before the two put their horns together. Both horns glowed and sparked from magic, and the glow seemed to grow larger and larger. After a few seconds, the magic sprung from their horns. It turned into two beams of light that danced around each other, firing into the sky. When they got high in the sky, the beams combined, and created a huge heart firework that could easily be seen across the entirety of the Empire. Maud smiled at them before turning her attention to Geode, who was smiling down to her.

"I love you so much..." She said, earning a nuzzle from Geode. Instead of staying still, however, Maud leapt forward and pinned him on the ground, crashing her lips against his.


Starlight and Sunburst giggled as they trotted down the hill. They slowed down a bit as they neared the bottom, and Starlight turned to Sunburst, smiling.

"Well, we saw their first kiss, and now we saw their proposal. At the rate we're going, we should pop in at the wedding," she said with a giggle.

Sunburst chuckled as well. "Well, I guess so. If I don't have any researching or a Flurry Heart to watch over, I can come."

Starlight pouted. "You're no fun."

Sunburst put a hoof in the air. "Hey, I can't choose when I teach little Flurry."

Starlight rolled her eyes. "Well, you can choose when you research."

Sunburst nervously chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah... I guess so."

Silence filled the area for a moment before Sunburst continued down the hill. "Let's go-"

"Wait!" Starlight called. He looked back to see her nervously looking around, blushing. "Uh... remember when we first stumbled on the two... how Crystal Geode teased us and said we should kiss for them since we saw their first kiss?"

Sunburst nodded his head, a bit confused that Starlight suddenly brought this up. "Yeah...?"

Starlight swished her tail. "Well... his wish is long overdue."

With that, Starlight took a few steps and passionately kissed Sunburst right on the lips. It wasn't long, but it showed what didn't need to be said.

Starlight pulled apart and started into Sunburst's eyes for a second. Sunburst's entire face was red, and his eyes were huge. Starlight smiled, whapped his chin with her tail, and continued walking. She looked back when she didn't sense anypony else following her and giggled.

"Come on, you lug!" She teased as she trotted down the hill. It took Sunburst a second, but he recovered, a smile taking over his muzzle.


Maud and Geode were sprawled out against each other on the ground, still looking into each other's eyes. Maud buried her snout in his neck, the smile never leaving her face.

Geode pat her head. "I take it you like this secret."

Maud didn't move from her current position. "Of course I do." She glanced down to the ring on her hoof. "I'm probably one of the happiest mares in Equestria."

Geode raised an eyebrow. "'One of'?"

Maud rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'm the happiest mare in Equestria. Happy?" She asked, nuzzling him again.

Suddenly, Maud felt herself pushed down to the ground, and saw Geode looming overtop of her. A devious smirk crossed his face. "My turn," he said, giving her a passionate kiss. Maud returned it, now using her strength to push him over on his back.

"Not quite," she said. The two continued to kiss before Maud slid off of Geode and onto the cool grass once again. Geode sat up and nuzzled the top of her head.

"I love you," he said, for maybe the tenth time. However, Maud could hear those words forever.

"I love you, too," she said, leaning into him. The two sat still, looking over the Empire as the streetlights began to flicker on.

Author's Note:

:heart:

Writing this chapter made me feel so happy :rainbowkiss:

With this, Maud's section is completed! The next chapter will mark the start of Pinkie's journey, and what a fun, humorous, and silly one that will be! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next