• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 4,763 Views, 1,120 Comments

Chosen Love - Just A Random Pegasus



The time has come for the four Pie sisters to use the Choosing Stone to find their special somepony. Love isn't a breeze; even when the right pony is thrown right in front of you.

  • ...
16
 1,120
 4,763

PreviousChapters Next
Limestone: A Rise of Rivalry

Limestone happily trotted around Vanhoover, looking at all the plants adorning the grasses. Lightning was working on the weather, so Limestone took this opportunity to walk around and enjoy the day. She looked up to see a few pegasi clearing the clouds. She had always wondered what it would be like to break through a cloud. Feeling the soft, fluffy texture on her hooves...

Her thoughts were broken as she collided into something. She quickly stood up and dusted herself off. She looked to see a unicorn mare looking at her own coat while brushing it a bit, and then at Limestone with a scowl present on her face. She had a pink mane adorned with purple streaks, and a light lavender coat. She then stuck her nose in the air, keeping her light green eyes glaring at Limestone.

"Please, watch where you're going next time," she said, a bit of irritation present in her voice. Limestone's ears folded down.

"I-I'm sorry, miss," she replied.

"It's okay. But... now that I've bumped into you... do you know where a stallion by the name of Lightning Drift is? He's a yellow Pegasus with a wild brown mane that he never bothers to straighten," The mare replied, more irritation appearing in her voice.

Limestone stood in silence for a moment, confused. "Lightning? What do you need Lightning for?"

"Business. Strictly business. I am a singer famous across Equestria, and need him for something. So, where is he?" She replied, her glare becoming nastier.

"Uh... Lightning is working with the weather now. He should be done in a few minutes."

The mare nodded. "Good. Thanks." She then stepped away and to another area, and started shouting his name up into the clouds. Whatever she needs Lightning for, it must be pretty important. Limestone got down low, deciding she was going to spy and find out what a famous pop star wants with Lightning. She started to inch a bit closer to the mare.

"Hey, Limestone! Sapphire's working today, so do you want to hang out?" Limestone's ears folded back as she turned to find Speed Blast hovering behind her, eyes wide with hope. Limestone gritted her teeth.

"Later. I'm spying. Sh!" She whispered as she turned back to the mare, seeing Lightning descending from the sky. Speed raised an eyebrow, making sure to keep her voice low.

"Why?"

"This mare wants to see Lightning, and she seems a bit angry. I'm curious. She also claims she's a famous singer."

Speed nodded as the two looked at Lightning and then at the mare. Lightning seemed to have a look of anger, confusion, and fear combined.

"L-Lavender Rose? What the hay are you doing here? I thought you moved to Manehatten after-"

"I did move to Manehatten. And can you guess what I did there?" She asked, giving her eyelashes a flutter.

Lightning rolled his eyes. "Let me guess... finding more stallions to take advantage of? Or have you finally learned your lesson?" He asked as he turned his head away in anger. Lavender held her head up high.

"Excuse you, but you shouldn't be talking that way to one of the most famous ponies in Equestria."

Lightning tilted his head. "Oh, so when did you become the new prima donna?"

"After I moved to Manehatten, I became famous. See what you missed out on?"

Lightning ruffled his feathers uncomfortably. "Well... if you're as famous as you claim, why have I never heard about you? After you left, I didn't hear a thing about you, which I am more than fine with."

"Excuse you! I have toured in many places around Equestria! I just never wanted to come to Vanhoover!"

"Then why are you here now? Did you just come to brag about your career?" Lightning asked as Lavender shook her head.

"No. I came to take you back."

Lightning's eyes widened as he stepped away uncomfortably. A look of anger then flooded his eyes. "What?! Why? Can't you take a hint already?!"

Lavender took a step closer. "Lightning, admit it. You're still into me. You miss me, and you want me. I want you, too. I can make you just as famous as I am."

Lightning took a few steps back. "Y-you creep! If I say I never want to see you again, don't you think that means that I don't like you? I already have somepony else, so why don't you just go back to your rich lifestyle and leave me alone?!" He finished as he took off into the skies. He was really happy that Lavender wasn't a pegasus, because it made it impossible for her to stay on his tail.

Limestone didn't know what to say. She assumed, and was probably correct, that Lavender was one of Lightning's exes. She wanted to charge over and beat up that mare, but she also wanted to go find Lightning and comfort him. Speed seemed a little angry as well. She suddenly flew over in front of Lavender, a scowl appearing on her face.

"Who do you think you are? You've got some guts to come back here!"

Lavender looked at her for a second. "Speed, I thought you told me that you were one of my best friends! Oh well. I don't care about ponies here, anyway."

Speed folded her fore-hooves. "I did when I first met you. Now I know that you're a lying snob that does not deserve Lightning."

"And why do you think I don't deserve him? Are you his mare-friend or something?" She asked. Speed shook her head.

"No! That's not me. That's Limestone," she replied, obliviously pointing at Limestone, whose face instantly turned red.

"Speed! Shut up!" She said. Lavender walked over to Limestone.

"Oh, what do we have here? Do you think you're better than me? Think you're hot stuff?" She asked as Limestone tried her best to seem more intimidating. She still was at a loss for words. "Yeah... why don't you go back to where you belong? You're nothing against me."

Limestone's anger had reached its point. Her golden eyes instantly were overtaken by anger. "Well, I may be just a simple rock farmer, and not a famous singer, but I am the one that Lightning loves. I don't take advantage of him or bribe him into relationships like you do."

Lavender tilted her head up, trying her best to look important. "Well, I'll have you know that he's just lying to you. He told me when we were dating that he would never date the likes of an earth pony."

Limestone's eyes widened as a wave of sadness washed over her. She then remembered to not trust this mare with anything. Anger filled her eyes again. "Um, I think you're lying. Lightning says I'm the best mare he could ever ask for. I wouldn't be if he hated earth ponies, now would I?"

Lavender's eyes narrowed. "I think he lied to you. He's playing you, just to feel important for once. He knows deep inside that me and him are meant to be. So, just beat it!"

Limestone swallowed a lump in her throat. "No. I know Lightning truly loves me. Right, Speed?" She asked as she looked around, seeing her friend had disappeared. She probably left when the tension started, not wanting to witness a fight. Lavender laughed.

"See? Even your supposed friends don't care about you."

Limestone shook her head. "They do, I know it. I also know that Speed does not like to witness fights, so that's why she left."

Lavender and Limestone glared at each other in silence for a few minutes before Lavender lifted her head up again.

"I'm going to go find Lightning and take him to Manehatten with me, and we will become almost as famous as the Hoofdashians. Now, if you'll excuse me," she replied as she started trotting in the direction of Lightning's house. Limestone was tempted to follow her and spare Lightning. Her ears folded back as she stood there, watching her walk away. She knew what she had to do. She had to warn Lightning about her. She quickly took off, running across a back way to his house. She knew that Lavender would be behind, since she's too "important" to run and tire herself out.

Limestone picked up the pace as she set sights on his house. She bounded up the stairs and slammed the door open. She then closed it as quickly as she could. She looked around to see Lightning looking at her, wide-eyed.

"What happened to you?" He asked as Limestone walked over to him.

"Lavender. Lavender and I... well..."

Lightning let out a loud grunt. "She threw some insults at you, didn't she?"

Limestone nodded without hesitation. "Yeah. She said-"

She was cut off by loud hoof-steps coming up the stairs, and then the door being thrust open. Lavender stood in the doorway, looking between Lightning and Limestone. A nasty snarl then appeared on her face.

"Uh, I thought I told you to beat it," she said to Limestone as Limestone tried to stand as tall as she could.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not leaving. It's not like you're a princess and can tell me what to do."

Lavender stuck her head up. "Oh well. I'm close enough."

Lightning felt a pang of anger. "What do you think you're doing?! What has Limestone ever done to you?!"

Lavender flipped a bit of her mane out of her face. "Took you away from me, that's what."

Lightning stepped a bit closer to her. "Excuse me, I decided to leave you. Limestone did nothing to-"

He was cut off by Lavender passionately pushing her lips against his own. Lightning quickly pulled away and wiped his lips, trying to get the taste of her lipstick off.

"What was that for?!" He burst as Lavender fluttered her eyelashes.

"I was hoping you would fall back in love with me by that kiss."

Lightning looked away in anger. "Well, I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that!"

Limestone nodded and stepped forward. "Yeah! Just leave Lightning alone!" She added on as Lavender glared at her.

"You know what? You messed everything up, Limestone!" Lavender said as Limestone tilted her head.

"Uh... what did I do?!"

"If you haven't come into the picture, Lightning might have fallen for me again! He might have given me another chance! But no! He'll rather be with an earth pony that possesses no talent, and doesn't deserve somepony like Lightning!" Lavender burst. It looked like her eyes were filled with... tears, almost. They had a sad tint to them, but that wasn't what was on Limestone's mind right now.

Limestone looked from Lightning to Lavender, trying to get a comeback out. She felt a large lump in her throat, making it almost impossible to say something. When she finally found a way to push the words out, tears clogged up her voice. She looked to the ground as her eyes grew foggy and her ears folded back. She didn't want to cry. She didn't want to break down. She tried to stand up taller, to be stronger than what she was feeling. But, she could only go so far. After looking between the two other ponies in the room, her lips started quivering and a tear fell down her cheek. She then fell back onto the couch, trying to not let tears fall. But there was no stopping them. They poured, leaving Limestone with a heavy weight and embarrassment.

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter didn't have too much drama... :unsuresweetie:

Notify me if you think it does. :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next