• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 4,763 Views, 1,120 Comments

Chosen Love - Just A Random Pegasus



The time has come for the four Pie sisters to use the Choosing Stone to find their special somepony. Love isn't a breeze; even when the right pony is thrown right in front of you.

  • ...
16
 1,120
 4,763

PreviousChapters Next
Limestone: Confidence

"You see, Lightning... I'm in love with you..." Limestone stammered. She took a second before looking up into the blue eyes of a poorly drawn Lightning Drift.

"Oh, I love you too, Limestone! Let's make out!" An obviously fake deep voice said as the drawing was shoved in Limestone's face. Limestone felt her face heat up as she brushed it off. She looked to see Speed Blast rolling on the ground in laughter.

"That was great!" She remarked as she continued laughing.

Sapphire gave a small giggle. "Good one, Speed!" She then stopped giggling. "Well, I don't think Limestone got the real feeling of the confession. That Lightning you drew isn't that good," Sapphire said as Speed looked back to her.

"Well, at least there's some representation of him." She then picked up the piece of paper and turned back to Limestone. "Alright. You're good with the confession part."

Limestone raised an eyebrow. "What else is there? I only needed help with the confession!" She responded as Speed giggled menacingly.

"Why, you need to be prepared to kiss him, of course~!" Speed replied as a red hue showed through Limestone's cheeks.

"Wh-what?! Uh..."

Speed starting laughing harder. She then regained her composure. "Limestone, if you get in a relationship with him, you're gonna have to kiss him. It's a standard." She then picked up the drawing. "Kiss it!"

Limestone turned her head away. "I'm not kissing that!"

"Speed, I think it will come naturally if she ever does kiss him!" Sapphire added on as Speed shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe. But, there's no harm in being prepared." She then moved it closer to Limestone's face. "So, pucker your lips, Limestone!"

Limestone rolled her eyes as she looked back to Speed's light purple eyes. "You're not going to stop encouraging me to do this, are you?"

Speed shook her head. "Nope!"

Limestone grunted. "Fine." She then leaned closer to the drawing and pressed her lips against it. She quickly pulled her lips away from the paper. Speed looked at Limestone for a second, disappointment on her face.

"Oh, come on! That was not passionate and romantic!" Speed remarked as Limestone rolled her eyes.

"Speed, I'm not in love with a piece of paper," Limestone responded.

"Hey, I wasn't the one forcing you to do this, and I agree that that was not a decent kiss. You need to be more passionate," Sapphire informed as Limestone looked away from the two.

"Nope! If I have to kiss him, I will! But I don't think I need to practice with a drawing!" Limestone responded as the two mares nodded.

"Alright, alright," Speed replied before glancing over to Limestone. "But, answer me honestly. Are you ready? Or do we need to prepare you more?"

Limestone looked at Speed as her ears gradually folded back. She then let out a sigh. "Well... I guess I'm ready. I just... well... am afraid of the reaction."

Speed rolled her eyes. "Oh, crackerjacks! What do you have to be scared about? You said he was the one for you, right?"

Limestone looked down to the ground. "I know. But..."

"No buts!" Sapphire interrupted as she gave Limestone a sympathetic smile. "Don't bring yourself down. You are your greatest nemesis. You tend to overreact, and that brings you down. So, get out there, and hope for the best!" Sapphire finished as Limestone looked over to her, starting to show a smile.

"Thanks. I think I'm ready-"

"Wait!" Speed interjected before walking up to Limestone. "We have to make sure your posture is perfect!"

"Uh..." Limestone started before Speed started to walk around her. Speed soon ended up in front of her.

"Look me in the eyes and confess. Pretend I'm Lightning. You want confidence when doing this for real," Speed said as Limestone met her glance. Limestone's leg trembled a bit. As soon as Speed noticed it, she slapped Limestone's leg.

"Your legs must be straight!"

Limestone nodded. "Okay." She then let out a sigh. "Well, Lightning, you see... I'm in love with you."

Speed shook her head. "Limestone, I saw you drop glance. Do it again."

"Fine." Limestone let out another breath. Every time she confessed her love for Lightning, her heart sped up uncontrollably. "Lightning, I'm in love with you."

Speed and Limestone stared at each other in silence for a moment before a smile grew on Speed's face. "You're ready. Don't you agree, Sapphire?"

Sapphire nodded. "Yep! I think you're more than ready, Limestone."

Limestone nodded as she looked at the two, and then towards the door. "Well... should I go? Go find Lightning to tell him?" She asked as silence hung over the room. Sapphire soon nodded.

"Yep. If you're ready." She then eyed Limestone for a second. "Do you want us to come with you?"

Limestone thought before shaking her head. "I'm sorry, but I think I would rather do this by myself." She then turned to walk to the door; her heart rate increasing every second. She turned around before opening the door to face her friends. "Thank you for helping me. I'll come by afterwards to tell you how it went."

"Good luck!" The two chorused as they waved. Limestone smiled as she turned and left the house, shutting the door after her. She walked down the white marble steps before stepping on the soft ground. Her heart started doing cartwheels in her stomach once she got a fair distance away from the house. She was really doing it. She was really going to confess to him. She felt her face heat up before taking a few more steps.

The day was nice and warm, not helping with the warmth she was already feeling. She looked around at all the trees and fields. Limestone decided to walk through the grass. It was very pleasant to set hoof in. Vanhoover was a very pleasant place in general. She wished she didn't have to leave if Lightning ended up rejecting her. Well, there is a possibility that he won't. The thought of the Choosing Stone having failed is still very present in Limestone's mind, though, and she hated that thought. She looked up to the sky to see the sun starting to set. Well, it was about seven o' clock. She had spent a lot of time getting prepared for the confession.

The next problem is: where would Lightning be? She looked all around, hoping to maybe find him flying around or something. He always is. She heard a breeze coming closer. She turned to find Brave Flight dashing around. I could probably ask him where Lightning is!

"Brave! Brave Flight!" She called out as the stallion stopped in his tracks. He descended in front of Limestone.

"Hey, Limestone! What's up?" He asked.

"Well... do you know where Lightning is?" Limestone got out, feeling embarrassed to ask that question. Brave thought for a minute.

"Well, I think I saw him over by the park. Why?" He responded as Limestone's face flushed.

"Well... uh... he wanted to hang out with me today!" She nervously responded.

Brave raised an eyebrow. "Just you?"

Limestone avoided eye contact as she nodded. Brave let out a suspicious chuckle.

"I see..."

Limestone rolled her eyes. "Shut up. It's not like that!"

"Oh, really~?" Brave teased as Limestone turned away from him with a flick of her tail.

"Yes, really. Now, I must be going. I'll see you later."

A smirk grew on Brave's face. "See you and your lover later!"

Limestone felt her face grow warmer as she ignored him and continue walking. She heard laughter behind her for a few seconds. She walked a little faster, he face growing warmer and warmer.

After a minute, she could deduct that Brave wasn't there anymore. She returned to her normal pace as she found her way to the park. She remembered being there with Lightning a few days ago. She smiled as she recounted the memories. She remembered sitting with him, watching the moon rise. The scene was so... peaceful. So romantic. She considered herself lucky to experience that the first day she met him. Now, she was walking into the park, admiring all the plants and sculptures.

She continued walking around the park until she heard a few high pitched giggles coming from a small sitting area in the park. It had only one bench and a small standing area mostly surrounded by shrubberies, the only openings being a few entrances. It was the perfect place for private relaxation. Limestone, being the curious mare she is, peered in through a side entrance. She then saw two mares talking to Lightning. They seemed to be twirling their mane with their hooves. Limestone doesn't get out of the rock farm much, but she knew what that was at first glance. Flirting. Rage started to fill her heart. Nopony was going to steal her stallion. Her glance narrowed as one of the mares pressed her body up against him.

"Oh my gosh, Diamond, he's muscular, too!" The mare said as the other got closer to Lightning as well.

"He is! Wow, Ruby! A good looking, strong stallion." She then met eye contact with Lightning. "Say, big guy, are you seeing anypony?"

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Uh... no..."

The mares fluttered their eyelashes as one spoke up. "That's surprising. Who wouldn't want to be with somepony like you?"

"Uh..."

"Don't think negatively about yourself! You are probably one of the most amazing stallions I've ever seen."

Lightning tried his best to step away from them. "Well..."

"Agree with me." One mare said as she leaned closer to him, staring into his eyes. The other mare joined in, not leaving Lightning's side.

After only a few minutes, Limestone couldn't take it anymore. Because of the constant flirting, along with the very disturbed and uncomfortable look that flooded Lightning's face, her heart propelled her muscles as she ran through the entrance and right in front of Lightning. She pushed the mares out of the way and stood up as tall as she could. The mares backed away a little more when seeing the glare plastered on Limestone's face.

"Back off."

The sternness in her voice seemed to shock the two mares. One spoke up.

"Lighty, I thought you said you weren't seeing anypony!"

"He's not," Limestone answered, taking a step towards the mare. "I'm defending him because he was uncomfortable. Can't you take a hint when stallions make it obvious that they don't want to be around you?!"

The two gasped as they stared daggers into Limestone. "Oh, please, it's not like he wants you more than he wants us!" One of the mares said, narrowing her eyes even more.

Limestone felt her heart hurt, but shrugged it off. "Oh well! We're just friends." She let silence hang over the area again before speaking up, now louder. "Please, do us all a favor, and STAY OFF MY STALLION!" She shouted, scaring the two. The mares then ran away, disappearing somewhere in the park. After Limestone's heart stopped loudly beating, everything caught up to her. Lightning was right behind her, and heard her say all of that. She turned to find him looking at her.

"Wow. I didn't know you had that in you."

Limestone felt herself at a loss for words. "Uh... yeah." She then looked down to the ground. "Oh, I probably just ruined everything..." she murmured to herself. Lightning happened to hear and raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? You really helped me out just now!"

Limestone shook her head and looked into his eyes. "I mean, when I called you mine."

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Why is that so bad? You were just calling me your friend!"

Limestone shook her head, trying her hardest to make eye contact. "No. You see..." She swallowed, her face getting warmer by the second. "I called you mine because... well... I... I love you."

PreviousChapters Next