• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 4,761 Views, 1,120 Comments

Chosen Love - Just A Random Pegasus



The time has come for the four Pie sisters to use the Choosing Stone to find their special somepony. Love isn't a breeze; even when the right pony is thrown right in front of you.

  • ...
16
 1,120
 4,761

PreviousChapters Next
Limestone: Next Steps

Limestone blinked. She blinked again. She blinked for a third time.

Limestone couldn't move. Her heart was beating rapidly. She felt a smile start to inch its way up her cheeks through the silence. Even so, she couldn't push words to her mouth. It's just one word she needs to get out. Just one syllable.

Lightning shifted uncomfortably, now shaking a bit more. "Uh... I'm-I'm sorry if it's too soon." He looked down, his ears folding back. "I mean, we are destined to be married sometime, right? With the whole Choosing Stone thing?" He looked back up to Limestone. "I'm sorry. I know only two months is a very short time, and-"

"Yes."

Lightning's eyes widened. "What?"

A large smile tugged at Limestone's lips. "Yes!"

Lightning's ears now perked up. "Wait... you..."

Limestone put a hoof over his mouth, cutting him off. "Lightning, you're right. We do have to be married at some point." She then drew her hoof back. "And I wanted to say yes when you first showed the ring. I just... couldn't get it out. I was too shocked, to be honest."

Lightning now smiled brightly. He took the ring out of the box, letting the gemstones glimmer under the rays of the sun. Limestone held her hoof up, letting him slip the ring over it. It was beautiful. Lightning now took a smaller ring and put it over one of his wing feathers.

Limestone felt her eyes water. She still couldn't believe this was really happening. All of her fantasies involving them being together forever were about to come true. She had a huge burst of happiness and love when staring at the ring.

Out of nowhere, she tackled Lightning down in a hug, firmly placing her lips on his. He returned the favor. When they broke apart, they gave each other huge smiles.

"Now, will you be fine wearing this ring until we're married? Well, you won't have to wear the wedding ring your whole life, since that would get in the way. I've actually never seen a pony wearing a wedding ring, save for the day of the wedding."

Limestone nodded her head. "Of course I will! I'll try not to break it in the mines."

Lightning stepped a little closer to her. "Sounds good."

Once again, Limestone strongly kissed him right on the lips. Lightning returned the gesture. The two then broke apart as Lightning stepped away and held out a hoof.

"Do you want another dance? I want to make the most out of this little area I set up."

Limestone nodded. "Of course."

Limestone took his hoof, and, just like before, they slowly weaved in and out, spinning and dipping. They couldn't break from each other's glances. The sun setting gave the atmosphere one of the most romantic feelings, adding on to the love in their hearts. It seemed like Princess Celestia knew they were being engaged tonight, and made the sun set at the perfect angle.

After a few more minutes of dancing, Lightning suddenly spread out his wings and flapped into the air, holding Limestone's hooves tightly. Limestone let out a small squeal as they started flying up, her hooves dangling in the breeze. Lightning flew over to the top of a tree and carefully sat down on a branch, letting Limestone sit next to him. It was a bit awkward trying to get comfortable on top of a tree, but they made it work.

Looking into the distance, they saw the sun reaching the horizon, about to let the world be engulfed in night. The moon started to rise, giving the sky a nice, silver glow. Lightning smiled and looked down to Limestone.

"This reminds me of the first day we met. When we sat in the park, looking at the setting sun."

Limestone nodded and smiled as well. "Yeah. I remember finding it bizarre that I was already falling deeply in love with you."

"Agreeable. I remember thinking the same thing." He looked back up to the sky. "Truly, I normally don't hang out with ponies who travel here alone like I told you I do. When we first became friends, that is."

Limestone's ears perked up. "Oh?"

Lighting nodded. "Yeah. I used that as an excuse to spend time with you. By spending time, I mean... spending every day with you." He then smiled again. "And I'm happy I was brave enough to make up a lie for somepony I just met. Somepony I was madly crushing on." He looked over to Limestone. "Honestly, I didn't want to fall in love anymore after I had to break up with somepony for the third time. But, when I saw you, the hate for love all... vanished."

Limestone smiled at this. "I understand what you mean. Honestly, when I realized that I had to use the Choosing Stone, I was scared. I didn't want to fall in love. But, when I realized you were the one for me, I instantly got rid of those feelings." She now looked over to Lightning. "I'm happy I did."

Lightning nodded and looked back into the night. "Yeah. I'm happy as well." He awkwardly stood up on the branch beneath him and spread his wings. "Well... are you ready to go, fiancé?" He said, gesturing for her to climb on his back.

Limestone's cheeks filled with a red glow, but she still smiled brightly. "Of course, fiancé." Before getting on him, she looked down to see the wonderful area Lightning had set up. "Should we clean that up?"

Lightning flicked his ears. "Eh... don't worry about it. I'll clean it up one day when you're at work." His glance immediately softened even more. "But, let's enjoy this night. This is a pretty big step for us."

Limestone nodded before raising an eyebrow. "Wait... you said that we were going to be married anyway. I already told you that we're meant to be. Is it really a huge step?"

Lightning thought for a moment. "Well... yeah... but, now, we start to plan a wedding. And this marks the last day you don't think about getting married."

Limestone let out a snort. "Lightning, I've been daydreaming about marrying you for quite some time now." Limestone confessed before her pupils narrowed. "Ah... don't tell anypony I was occupying my thoughts with marrying you."

Lightning rolled his eyes. "What's so bad about that? I've been thinking of the same thing." He looked over to the moon, which was now high in the sky. "Um... are you ready?"

Limestone's ears perked up. "Oh! Yeah!" She replied as she climbed onto his back. Lightning spread his wings and they took off, leaving the tree they were sitting on. Limestone felt the wonderful night wind, which was always more refreshing than the daytime breeze for some reason. The night air had a particular chill that was really nice on warmer days. She could see why Princess Luna loves the night so much. Well, other than the fact that she's the Princess of the Night.

Lightning tilted his head back to look at Limestone. "Is there anything else you wanted to do tonight?"

Limestone shook her head. "Nope. Why? Did you have anything planned?"

Lightning shook his head and turned back around. "No. I was just curious. But, a night at home sounds like a really nice idea."

Limestone nodded. "It certainly does."

At this, Limestone closed her eyes and let the breeze freely flow through her mane. Her thought train then suddenly changed to what could happen at her wedding. She was picturing it all. She imagined the wedding being held outside on a warm, summer day. Limestone imagined walking up the carpet set up on the ground, her family and bridesmaids proudly smiling at her. She would finally reach Lightning, they would exchange their vows, and then passionately kiss-

"You okay, Limestone? You seem spaced," Lightning said as Limestone's face turned a bright shade of red.

"Yes! I just... have a lot of thoughts swirling in my head because of the engagement!"

Lightning let out a warm chuckle. "Limestone, it seems like you think that's a bad thing." Limestone's ears flicked back as Lightning continued. "Well, it's not. This is completely natural. And I would be lying if I said that I wasn't thinking about our wedding as well."

Limestone's ears immediately perked back up again in embarrassment. "W-what?! How do you... I mean... why do you think I'm thinking about the wedding?!"

Lightning smirked. "Well, for one, you're acting really defensive about it. And, what other thoughts would engagement trigger?"

Limestone sighed. "Alright. You win."

Lightning gave a hoof-pump. "Alright! One point for me!"

Limestone rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say, dork."

Lightning laughed before spotting his house and descending. He landed on his steps, letting Limestone step off his back. He used his key to open the door. Once they were inside, Limestone flopped on the couch, like she does most days.

Limestone smirked over at Lightning. "Would you be mad if I said I was tired?"

Lightning took off his saddlebag. "Well... yeah, because otherwise, I wouldn't get to pin you down on the couch."

Limestone raised an eyebrow. "What? You could do that even-"

She was cut off by Lightning jumping up on the couch, now hovering over her. He kept her down with hooves on her own.

Limestone blinked before smirking again. "Wow. You were actually serious."

Lightning nodded. "Would I lie?"

Limestone thought for a moment. "I don't know. Probably not."

Lightning smiled and kissed her. Limestone happily returned it, and pulled him closer to her. The two were soon rolling on the couch, which was thankfully rather large.

After a few minutes of this, Lightning sat up. "Well, if we're going to continue this, let's do it upstairs."

Limestone nodded. "Of course."

The two walked up the stairs together before flopping on the bed, continuing their make-out session. Just like a few times that night, they never wanted to stop. Lightning soon took off the ring on Limestone's hoof, and he took off the one on his wing. He put them on the nightstand before smiling at Limestone.

"Sleeping would be pretty uncomfortable with that on your hoof," Lighting said as Limestone nodded. He then let out a yawn. "That was nice, but, I think we should get some sleep now. I'm a little tired, too."

Limestone smiled. "Alright." The two wrapped their hooves around each other, looking deeply into the other's eyes. Limestone gave a small giggle.

"So... how will your parents react about us getting engaged so soon?"

Lightning gave her a smile. "They'll be fine with it. I know they'll be happy about it. Heck, before we left a few weeks ago, they said that you're a good mare, and they would love me to engage to you when there's a suitable time. They already see you as a daughter."

Limestone's ears perked up. "Wow. That was fast." She thought for a moment. "In all honesty, your parents are a lot different than what I thought."

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Really? How so?"

Limestone's glance drifted as she tried to think of the right words. "Well... the way you were talking about them... you kind of portrayed them as jerks. They were really nice to me, though."

Lightning's feathers twitched. "Well... not at first. Okay, I want you to know: they're not racist. Don't fear."

Limestone looked at him in confusion. "What? Who ever said I thought they were racist?"

Lightning bit his lip. "Well... it sounded like they were not approving of me dating an earth pony at first. If you were curious, that's because my family is the largest pegasi family tree in history. Every child in our family has been a Pegasus. They were just worried about me breaking the tradition, if we... well..."

"Had kids?!" Limestone asked. "Uh... I don't think I'm ready for kids quite yet."

"Me neither. But, let's put that issue behind us."

Limestone nodded. "Yeah." Silence hung over the two as Limestone's eyes started to get heavier. "Um... I'm really happy I used the Choosing Stone. Without it, I would never have come to Vanhoover. Without coming here, I would have never met you." She paused for a moment, her eyes closing. "I honestly... don't know what I would be doing right now if I didn't use the Stone."

"I'm really happy you did, too. If you weren't here, I would turn into that grumpy stallion who hated everything to do with love."

Limestone snickered. "Yeah... I can't picture you like that."

"Me neither." Lightning shifted a bit. "Good night, Limestone. I love you."

Limestone felt a smile start to inch its way up her cheeks. "I love you, too."

As Limestone started to drift off, all she could think of is her in a beautiful wedding dress, walking down the aisle...

Author's Note:

And, alas! This chapter wraps up Limestone's section, as well as 1/4 of Chosen Love! But, there will be a few more chapters featuring her. There needs to be preparations, parties, and the wedding itself. :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next