• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 4,763 Views, 1,120 Comments

Chosen Love - Just A Random Pegasus



The time has come for the four Pie sisters to use the Choosing Stone to find their special somepony. Love isn't a breeze; even when the right pony is thrown right in front of you.

  • ...
16
 1,120
 4,763

Chapters Next
Limestone: The Running Start

The sun shone through the windows of the Pie family house. It beamed onto Pinkie Pie's face, which caused her eyes to shoot open and a large grin to spread across her face.

"Limestone! It's your special day!" She yelled while sitting up, scaring her sisters up from their sleep. They all were resting in bunk beds in the same room.

"I know, Pinkie. I still wish our parents could have waited another month before I had to go to the stone." Limestone responded as she stepped down from her bed, nervously glancing around the room. A small flush grew on her cheeks. "I just can't grasp it!"

"What?" Pinkie asked as she sprung up from the bed.

"In a week, I'll probably be in love. I don't know if I'm ready!" Limestone responded as she turned to Pinkie. Pinkie gave a smile.

"That's a good thing! You're ready." She then gave a small giggle. "I traveled from Ponyville to send you off on an epic quest to find your stallion. Or, maybe even a mare. I hope you're ready!"

A small smile formed on Limestone's face. "I hope I am, too. Dad keeps telling me that I'm ready." Her face then turned to a small look of seriousness. "I prefer a stallion over a mare. I hope I end up with a stallion!" She added on as Pinkie giggled. She looked to see Maud and Marble getting up from their beds and walking over.

"What time are you leaving?" Maud asked. A look of uncertainty filled Limestone's eyes.

"I don't know. I really hope it's not right now!" She responded as she picked up a brush and straightened out her mane.

Hoof-steps were heard coming closer to the room. The door opened to show their parents: Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz. They smiled at their daughters as Igneous spoke up. "Good morning. Your mother and I hope you're ready, Limestone. You're going to the Choosing Stone after breakfast."

Limestone's eyes widened. "What?! I-I'm not ready!" She burst, nervously looking around as she felt her cheeks grow warm.

"You're ready, dear. We know you'll meet the perfect pony for you," Cloudy responded, giving Limestone a warm smile. Limestone turned her head away.

"Ugh... alright. I'm not in a rush to eat, though!" Limestone replied as she stuck her head in the air.

"Well, I hope you're hungry at least, because breakfast is ready." Igneous responded as Limestone looked at him; her pupils shrinking.

"Ugh! Whatever. I'll just eat now so my food doesn't get cold." Limestone grunted as she pushed past her parents and started to walk towards the dining room. Her other sisters followed behind, Pinkie with her never changing huge smile. When they all arrived at the table, Limestone looked to the door to find a saddlebag loaded with necessities.

"You already packed for me? I wanted to do that today so I wouldn't have to go to the Stone so soon!" Limestone stated as she looked back at her parents, who were just now taking a seat at the table.

"Of course we did, Limestone. The sooner you get to the Stone, the easier the journey will be. You want to start it with plenty of daylight left." Igneous responded as he served breakfast to his family. Limestone looked over at him and felt her angry gaze drop. This was one of the only times where she could not keep a tough exterior. She sighed as her ears folded back. The whole thought of leaving her family to find love was very overwhelming.

"Where should I go first?" She asked as the table grew silent. Igneous was the first to speak.

"I advise you go to Canterlot first. Since it's basically in the middle of Equestria, you could wander around Canterlot until you find the place where the current from the Stone is strongest. That's the direction you're headed. Remember: if the current feels so strong that you can barely walk, you're in the city of your special somepony."

Limestone nodded her head. "Alright. I guess I'll head there." She finished the last of her meal, which was rock soup, and stood up. She looked around at her family. "Just make sure you all take good care of my rock farm while I'm gone." She said before walking towards the door and grabbing her saddlebag. Cloudy Quartz raised an eyebrow.

"Why the rush all of a sudden?" She asked as her daughter turned to her.

"Well... I think I just want to get this over with and find my special somepony. You all are counting on me to start a family, and I'm counting on myself as well," Limestone responded as a small flush grew on her cheeks. "I want to know if love is really as great as you two say. The only way to know is to go now."

Igneous smiled. "This is great, Limestone!" He then paused as his look became more serious. "You do realize that we don't expect to see you for a few months, right?" He asked as Limestone's eyes widened.

"What?! You're going to kick me out of my rock farm?!" She burst, placing her saddlebag back on the floor.

"We are not kicking you out. We just expect for you to stay with your special somepony once you meet them. That's what happened with me, and every Pie in past generations." He then stood up from his seat. "Well? Are you ready?"

Limestone stood in silence a moment before she let out a sigh. "I guess so..." She responded. She was then wrapped in a hug from Pinkie Pie.

"I can't believe you're leaving!" Pinkie remarked, squeezing her sister even more. Limestone wrapped a hoof around Pinkie.

"I can't believe it either. I hope it all turns out well," Limestone responded as Maud and Marble walked over and joined in the group hug.

"I hope it turns out well, too," Maud added on as she and the others broke from the group hug. "I know you'll end up happy. Whoever gets you is a lucky stallion."

Limestone smiled as her sisters nodded in agreement to Maud's statement. "Thanks!"

"No problem! We wish you luck!" Pinkie responded as Igneous walked over to Limestone.

"Ready? We have to walk down to the caverns," He asked as Limestone nodded her head.

"Yep. Bye, guys! Thank you!" Limestone replied as she looked to her family members, who all seemed to be a little teary-eyed.

"Bye, Limestone!" The four chorused. Pinkie pulled a tissue out of nowhere and loudly blew into it. Limestone waved as she walked outside and closed the door. She took a few more steps before the door opened and Pinkie was standing in the doorway.

"We'll miss you!" Pinkie remarked as Limestone looked back at her.

"I'll miss you, too. Just... don't touch Holder's Boulder. I'll see you soon!" Limestone responded as Pinkie smiled.

"You'll see us when you're engaged!" Pinkie replied as she started jumping from excitement. A red hue filled Limestone's cheeks as she turned her head and walked farther away from Pinkie. The idea of engagement was hard for her to grasp. Heck, this whole ordeal is extremely hard for her to be calm with. She soon caught up to her father's side.

"I...I can't believe it..." Igneous started as Limestone looked up to him.

"What?" She asked as Igneous gave a fatherly smile down to her.

"That one of my daughters is visiting the Choosing Stone. You're about to have the ride of your life, let me tell you," he responded as Limestone gave him a smile back.

"Oh, well, I sure better enjoy it!" She responded as she looked up. She then realized she was at the entrance to the crystal mines. She walked in with her father, her heart pumping faster by the second. They walked in silence for a few minutes; both deep in thought. The silence was broken when they reached the locked door leading to the Choosing Stone.

"Here we are. Are you sure you're ready?" Igneous asked as Limestone nodded her head.

"Yeah. I'll go now before I back out," she responded as Igneous nodded his head. He put the key for the door in the lock and turned it. The door opened, revealing a crystal path. The two walked in as Limestone's eyes widened. There, at the end of the small pathway, was the Choosing Stone. Just like her father had described, there was a brilliant red aura shining from it. She walked forward, not taking her eyes off the Stone. She soon was inches away and staring down at it. Igneous appeared next to her.

"Well, touch it whenever you're ready. Make sure to leave your hoof on it until you feel that the aura has stopped flowing into you. Then, you will want to run." He then smiled. "Limestone?"

"Yeah?" She asked as Igneous looked down at her.

"I love you, and wish you the best of luck out there. I can't wait to meet your partner." He responded as Limestone smiled. She nodded her head before looking back at the Stone.

Well, this was it. All she had to do was place a hoof on the small stone and a strange current would flow through her body. She took a deep breath and lifted up a hoof. Her heart thumped in her chest as her hoof neared closer and closer to the stone. She soon felt her hoof lightly touch its warm surface. She stepped forward a bit, causing her hoof to be completely on the stone. Instantly, she felt an indescribable aura pass everywhere through her body. She could feel her mane and tail flowing from the aura. After a few seconds, she didn't feel more of the aura flowing into her body. She took her hoof off, and sure enough, she was ready to make a run. She quickly waved to her father before running off. She could not store the amount of energy she had from the current. She started to run faster as she came closer and closer to the train station. She couldn't feel the current passing through her body change at all, but she assumed that was because she was still a far distance away.

When she finally reached the train station, she quickly took out money and bought tickets for a train to Canterlot. Luckily, she didn't have to wait too long for the train to come. The current felt very awkward, but warm and loving at the same time. She couldn't explain it for a million bits. The train soon came rolling into the station. She thanked Celestia for being able to get a quick pick up, and boarded the train. She awkwardly took a seat, waiting for the train to start. Oh, how much she wished she was a Pegasus.


She soon arrived at Canterlot, but it was almost nighttime. The sun was starting to set, and Limestone thought she should probably sleep in Canterlot. During the duration of the ride, she felt the current growing stronger. That must mean that she's almost there. When she got off of the train, she walked north. She decided to find where the current was strongest, like her father recommended. She turned after walking a few steps, and realized that the current was strongest the way she was already going. She kept walking until she was near the edge of Canterlot, and the current was even stronger. She knew which way to go. To Vanhoover. That's what was in the direction she was facing. A determined smile flew to her face as she walked back to the train and got a ticket to Vanhoover. She hoped this was the right destination. She smiled even brighter as she got on the train.


Limestone was waken from her dreams by a whistle. Since the trip to Vanhoover was fairly long, she had to sleep on one of the beds in the train. She got up and felt the current flow through her again. She stood up and shook a little bit of that awkward feeling out. She walked out of her little room to the main room of the train. The conductor stood in the cabin and smiled when he caught sight of her.

"We're here: Vanhoover!" He remarked as Limestone grew a huge smile.

"Thank you, sir!" She responded as she walked off the train. When she stepped into the sunlit town, she felt it hard to move her hooves. Her heart started to beat fast and her eyes widened. She was in the right place. She gulped and tried to raise a hoof. It felt like trying to move a body part when it has fallen asleep. She took a few sluggish steps before walking into the grassy area. Vanhoover sure was beautiful. The atmosphere was nice, and the landscape was nicely cut. It was much different from her rock farm. She smiled as she awkwardly walked around the grass, feeling the current grow stronger, if that was even possible. She looked all around her for any signs of another pony. Nothing.

Suddenly, she felt a gust above her head. She looked up to see a Pegasus stallion hovering by a nearby tree, picking out some berries. As soon as she looked at him, she felt the current go crazy throughout her body and her heart rate pick up. It felt like it was trying to propel her to that stallion. Her mouth hung open as she tried to process it.

Was he the one the Choosing Stone led her to?

Author's Note:

I'll have the name of the Pie sister featured in a certain chapter in that chapter title. I plan for the story to jump around a little later, so that way, it will be easy to tell which sister is in question.

I hope you're enjoying so far! Tell me if there's anything I should improve on. Every word, whether it be criticism or praise, helps! :pinkiehappy:

Oh, and also, are you enjoying this story and the universe surrounding it? Or at least think this is interesting to you?

If yes, then join the Chosenverse group! You can talk with others about the universe/stuff that goes on, and provide silly/humorous ideas of your own regarding it.

Chapters Next