• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 278 Views, 2 Comments

It Will Carry On - ponygirl825



Twilight doesn't do well with handling or accepting her friends' death, in fact she does quite horribly...

  • ...
 2
 278

It Will Carry On

This couldn't be real.

This couldn't be how it ended.

And yet, it was, Twilight knew that.

Twilight was standing hoof-deep in mud that had been created by the rain, but she didn't care. Nothing felt like anything anymore. Three days she had been standing in front of their graves-three DAYS , and yet, it didn't feel like it. She wasn't hungry, she wasn't cold. Celestia and Luna had tried to get her to come inside, but to no avail. Her brother and sister-in-law had also tried, but it was no use.

Twilight's senses slowly started to come back to her, and she sat in the wet clay, and cried. She cried onto their graves, slowly staring to break down. She got up, but only for a moment, as she promptly threw herself onto the nearest grave, Applejack's. She screamed and yelled, at nothing, and yet, at everything. She thought of the times she had joked with A.J., helped her make cider, and even the little things, like walking into town with her, and she cried even harder. When she eventually ran out of tears, she laid her head on the recently upturned dirt.

"Please, please, come back" Even though she knew there was no escape from death's grasp.

And yet...

what if there was...

===================================================================================================

Celestia woke with a start, as one of the royal guards knocked on her door. She opened it and found the head of the pegasus guard bowing before her door.

"Pardon me Princess, but, someone has broken into the "Black Magic" section of the Archives," he said, standing upright to face her.
"Why have you come to me instead of capturing the intruder?" Celestia asked, concerned for what she thought the answer was.
"They are a powerful unicorn, more powerful than Shining Armor," he said, laying his ears back.
"The only ponies possible to be stronger in magic than Shining Armor would have to be a..." she gasped.
"Princess?"
His eyes widened as she sprinted down the hallway towards the "Black Magic" wing

===================================================================================================

Twilight hoped she would find what she was looking for, it wasn't easy sneaking into the "Black Magic" wing of the Archive. Her horn was lightly illuminated, as to not give away her position, but still bright enough so that she could see the endless scrolls deemed too dangerous to be commonplace.

"Let's see...'Color Extraction', 'Dead Organ Restart', 'Resurrection'!" Twilight snatched the scroll off the shelf just before she heard her great and powerful ruler's voice behind her

"You don't have to do this," Celestia said firmly but sympathetically. Twilight turned to see that Luna and Cadence were at her side. Perfect. she thought with a grin that could run a shiver down a grown stallion's spine.
"TWILIGHT!" Celestia yelled.
"Um, actually Princess, I do. " She said, narrowing her eyes.
Celestia sighed, "I understand it hurts, I know the pain-"
"Oh don't give me that bull!" Twilight shouted, pupils dilating, and her horn growing brighter. "You don't know a damn thing about how I feel! NOT A DAMN THING ! The only five ponies I cared about are dead ! I'm about to change that," she gave a crazed chuckle, "Right after I take your magic!"

The Princesses reacted too late, and Twilight's beam of magic reached them, and all three cried out an agonizing scream. The guards attempted to come forward and stop her

"Come any closer and I'll fry you!!" Twilight screamed at them as she took the last drop of magic from the alicorns laying in pain on the floor. She stood upright and faced the crowd of ponies, now with the magic of four princesses.
"You know, I won't need anyone else after I have the Elements of Harmony back," she cackled, "So why keep you around?" she grinned her horrid grin once more as she sent out a wave of magic she made sure was strong enough to reach the ends of Equestria. She was knocked back from the blast, and went unconscious.

===================================================================================================

Twilight woke up to see the many corpses out in front of her, heads were blown off of ponies' bodies, and gore was scattered about in all directions. Twilight felt a slight feeling of sadness as she past her brother's corpse. Only half his head head had been blown off, leaving a huge opening to his brain. She continued walking towards the graves of her friends.



Twilight had reviewed the spell several times and was sure she could do it. She lit her horn and it glowed a sickly color in the dirt filled air. She cast the spell on the bodies she had dug out of their graves and waited.
And waited...
and waited...
She decided to cast it again. But still, nothing.
NOT EVEN A TWITCH.
Twilight frantically cast the spell over and over again, and still nothing. Not a breath, or a heartbeat, or a voice, shaky and dry. Her heart rate elevated as she skimmed through the scroll, looking for a step she might have missed. She then spotted a note at the bottom, written so small she hadn't seen it before.
"This spell does not work correctly"
Twilight stared long and hard at the scroll with tears rolling down her cheeks. She gave a light chuckle, her chuckle turned into a laugh, and the laugh went on for minuets on end. Twilight sighed and caught her breath before proceeding to drop the scroll in the mud and grab a nearby rope. She threw the rope over a branch up high on the tree shading the dead bodies of the Elements of Harmony. Together once again, and never to be parted.

Comments ( 2 )

[ctrl + F's the story for "spike"]

Well, whatever happened, Spike didn't give a shit! :D Twi should take lessons from him.

It's a good start for your first story.

It feels a bit rushed though, and there were a lot of grammar errors, but overall it was nice.

Login or register to comment