• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 490 Views, 3 Comments

The Pegasus Apple - KiraOnlinePony



Applejack's life is about to change

  • ...
 3
 490

3: I love you!

As Jackpot predicted, he was out of his cast in 3 months. But he was still undergoing physical therapy for his leg. So, in order to keep weight off it, he elected to strengthen the muscles in his wings by flying everywhere. Since the tatzlwurm attack, Diamond Tiara and Jackpot grew even closer. There was even a rumor that the two had a crush on one another.

Applejack was still trying to get her plan in motion as she watched Jackpot grow. Each and every day, she felt more and more pride for the little one. He was at the top of his class, he no longer needed lessons with Rainbow Dash and his work on the farm was getting better. It used to take him an hour to fill a bucket, now he was filling three buckets in the same amount of time.

Summer vacation was almost here and Applejack asked him when his birthday was. He told her he never celebrated it before but he answered June fifth and that he’d be nine years old. Applejack had a month and a half for her plan to work.

Jackpot went into town to look around. He thought he’d go and see if Pinkie needed a hand in the bakery. Sugar Cube Corner was his favorite place. Not because of the food, he tended to steer clear of sweets, but because he liked Pinkie of all of Applejack’s friends.

He got to the town square when he thought he heard Applejack.

“It’s fer the best…” He followed her voice. Was she talking to a stallion? He finally found her. She was sitting at a picnic table, signing something, “The little feller deserves a good home.”

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!!” Jackpot screamed. Applejack jumped, “Jacky?!” Jackpot was livid. He was told he’d be treated like family, Sweet Apple Acres was starting to feel like his home! Applejack hinted he may have a birthday party for the first time!

“You’re trying to get rid of me!”” Jackpot yelled.

“No, Jacky, it ain’t like that!”

“Don’t lie to me!” he said, feeling his eyes well up from the betrayal. Not waiting for a response, he tore off like a rocket. He flew as fast as he could, not caring where he was going. Eventually, he’d made his way to the Crusader Clubhouse. He slammed the door behind him and locked the door.

After an hour, he’d heard a knocking on the door and a familiar voice.

“Jacky?” Applejack called out.

“Go. Away!” the young colt snarled.

Applejack sat in front of the door. “Jacky, please. Open the door. Lemme explain… Ah swear on mah parents’ graves, ah ain’t tryin ta get rid of ya.

“Yeah, sure you’re not.” his voice rang out. The level of venom in his voice hurt her.

“Jacky… it’s time fer a story. Ah don’t care if ya respond, ah just ask that ya listen…” she said, tears forming in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(One year ago)

Applejack came into the doctor for her yearly physical. She felt fine but it was routine. The doctor took her blood, checked her height, weight, made her take a urine test and told her to come back in a month. She left, went back to the farm and maintained a regular healthy diet.

A month had passed and she returned to the doctor.

“So how am ah lookin, doc?” she asked. Her doctor, Redheart, had consulted her papers on Applejack and her face was grim.

“Applejack… the results of your blood and urine tests… You’re the picture of health… except for one problem.”

“What’s that?”

“You have damage to your fallopian tubes. Meaning that the odds of you having a baby naturally are slim to none.”

Applejack’s face went hollow. A million questions were forming in her mind, all fighting to be the first one asked.

“B-But how?! Ah haven’t… Ah mean, Ah’m savin mahself fer the right guy! How am ah infertile?!”

“Not completely, Applejack.” Redheart explained, “But the odds, as I said, are very slim. We’re talking five thousand to one odds. Now, you said you’re a virgin. So this could be hereditary, it could be from a birth defect, I’m not sure. But… it’s not looking good.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Now)

Applejack closed her eyes as she finished the story. “Ah had given up hope, Jacky. Given up hope of ever havin a baby of mah own.” she sighed. She went into her saddlebag and pulled out the manilla envelope. “Ah was gonna give ya this fer yer birthday… but ah need ya to believe ah ain’t tryin to get rid of you.” Applejack slid the envelope under the door and sat in silence at the railing.
A solid ten minutes had passed before the lock clicked. Applejack turned to look at the colt.
“Applejack… this… This is…” he began.
“Those are yer adoption papers.” she told him.

The colt looked up at Applejack. “Adoption?”
Applejack took a shaky breath, she could feel the tears forcing their way out. “Jacky… since you’ve been here, Ah’ve come to care fer ya, come to love you, like you were mah own son. You’ve had way too rough a life fer someone of yer age. Ah wanted ta show ya there’s a better life… give ya a family who loves you. But… if ya hate me, ah underst-”

Applejack’s words were cut off as Jackpot hugged her. “I don’t hate you… I…” The colt buried his face in Applejack’s chest. She could feel the little guy crying. “I love you, Mom!”
The dams holding back Applejack’s tears shattered. She hugged her son as tight as she could, sobbing into his shoulder. She held him for what seemed like years, afraid to let go in case this was a just a dream.

She knew that, wherever they were, her parents were looking down on her and smiling. She looked down at her son, who looked up at her, smiling.

“I love you, Mom.”

“Ah love you, son.”

Applejack tucked Jackpot into bed, kissed him goodnight and went into her own room. Jackpot heard a knock on his bedroom door. “C’min.” he said. It was Granny Smith.

“Hey, there, Jackpot… Applejack, she… she told me of her plan. Everyone knew. Big Mac, Bloomy, Twilight and her friends. She swore us all ta secrecy. But now, yer mah great grandson.” she smiled, sitting on his bed, “And ah… ah wanted ya to have something.” She placed a fairly big box in a green wrapping paper. He tore open the box and lifted the lid.

“A hat?” he asked. Granny took the white stetson and placed it on Jackpot’s head, causing it to fall on him.

“A stetson. It’s been a tradition fer Apple stallions to get their first hat. That belonged to Alexander, Applejack’s dad. He got it after Applejack… fer lack of a better word, stole his old one. Yer an Apple now and ferever. And Ah want you to have it.”

“Really? Thanks, Granny!” Jackpot hugged the elderly mare. She returned the hug, told him goodnight and left. An hour later, Applejack came back in once she was sure her son was asleep. She looked at the colt and smiled. She crawled into his bed and snuggled him close, keeping him safe from everything and nothing.

Comments ( 3 )

A little sweet story :pinkiehappy:

Is this based off of another story?

Login or register to comment