• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 926 Views, 15 Comments

Dead pony - SinclairThompson.mlp



twilight is sent on a repair misson to the ishimura but encounters the true horror of the marker

  • ...
10
 15
 926

Chapter 6:Oblitertion imminent

Chapter 6:Obliteration imminent

The tram slowed to a stop, standing up twilight winced at the stinging pain in her back from the tiny claws, cautiously twilight walked out of the tram a faint white haze hung in the cool air.

The video snapped on startling her, mike began to speak,"twilight come in, circuits right the atius is completely shut ill need your help to fix this....circuit if you can hear me see if you can get to the ships reports it sounds like you have better access from there".

Circuit came on the line,"when were you going to tell us about the artifact mike....this marker?", spoke circuit in an untrust worthy tone,"i dont know anything about that, its referanced in the captains records....they brought it up from the planet.

"Its on the ship?!", exclaimed circuit now in a high voice,"its in cargo, they think its of alien origin, but i dont know what the hell it is?!"

Twilight noticed now that circuit was beginning to not trust mike as she spoke,"oh really? C&C did not know anything about it.....you're lying!"

"Stop i am not the bad guy here so right now you are going to have to TRUST me that i dont know anything about it!", spoke mike now irratated, the video link then filled with static as mikes image distorted and struggled to talk.

"we've...entered the...debri field get to the captains deck ill explain everything later, mike out!",static claimed the video link as it closed into her chest display.

Twilight walked slowly around a bend and came to a waiting room with red lights shining from the ceiling, she jumped as tentacle of some sort broke through the glass and wriggled before sinking backwards a mutalated head popped throught the hole, its tentacles tasting the air.

The head shot back through the hole and the creature lumbered away roaring as it went, each step it took as it moved on shook the ground, whatever it was had to be big.

Making her way around the bend twilight pressed on the main atrium door and it hissed open, the atrium was huge, great glass debri panels gave a clear view of the space ahead and the great chunks of debri that flew past.

The ground shook as a chunk of debri crashed through the ship into the floor almost knocking twilight off her hooves, sparks shot from the hole in the ground, the ishimuras voice spoke,"debri breach detetected, heavy damage on atrium".

Her audio link snapped on and circuit spoke, "Twilight, impact on the bridge right at your hooves...im reaping heavy damage but containment looks solid, life support is stabilized...we got to get the ADS working!"

The audio link closed and twilight moved around the hole to the bridge, stepping on the cargo lift twilight tapped the console lowering herself to the bridge. Twilight stepped off and made her way through the escape capsule area, she stopped as she noticed a glowing device laying on the floor near a escape capsule.

Picking it up the holodisplay read,"Level 3 engineer suit", she smiled as she downloaded the schematic into her data bank so she could redeem it at the store. Continuing on twilight pressed the door and entered the bridge.

Mike was working on one of the control panels when she entered and approached him, he jumped as she approached him,"Twilight! Damn you scared me this place has been making me jumpy. Bucking asteroids coming through the roof", mike sighed and continued to talk.

"Look i know circuit doesnt really trust me, i dont know anything about a marker or anything else this is suppost to be a repair mission....plain and simple", said mike as his eyes and hooves darted on the control panel working its various functions.

"This mess is the asteroid defence system...i can fix these boards but the main power routing is shot, your going to have to re-route them manualy through these three junction boxes to activate the primary cannon".

"Oh!! But first you need to activate the atrium elevators from bridge security, then you can use them to get to the junction boxes", spoke mike as he turned his head and looked at her.

"By the way be careful, i saw something out there...i dont know what i only got a glimpse, it was big...really big", twilight nodded and exited the bridge she jumped as a necromorph thrashed in a escape pod, her audio link snapped on.

"Shit!! Hold on!", exclaimed mike as he activated the escape pod sending it into space,"I thought it would be dead for the amount of time i sealed it in the pod...they dont die easily", the audio link shut off and twilight entered the cargo lift back into the atrium.

Quickning her pace she walked over to the door, she stopped as a roar came from behind it the creature punched the door denting it outward then again and again. Twilight starred at the door,"oh you got to be shitting me", she said to herself as the huge creature smashed through the door.

It barreled at her with its two huge front mutated hooves like a gorilla, twilight bolted around the corner the brute smashing control panels as it chased after her. Looking back she fired the plasma cutter, the bolts bounced of its thick armor only enraging it further.

As she ran her audio link snapped on and mike spoke,"your weapons cant punch through its armor, shoot it in the back!!!!", twilight spun around and tried to stasis the brute but it had caught up to her. Using its huge front hoof it swung it into twilights gut sending her across the room knocking the wind out of her.

Twilight slammed against an control console, she could hardly breathe, her chest screamed with pain from the impact. Staggering up she lifted her left hoof, her head still in a daze she fired a stasis bolt at the brute, it slowed and twilight ran almost tripping to its back.

She unloaded a whole clip of her plasma cutter into the glowing yellow spot upon its back, the brute roared in pain as the stasis wore off and it swung its hoof at her. She dodged the hoof this time and ran again, the brute pursued with unextinguishable rage.

Using its size twilight sharply turned a corner, the brute couldnt turn fast enough skidded and slammed against a wall, as it shook off the impact twilight ran towards it stasising the huge creature, after a split second reload twilight unloaded another clip into its back.

The creature roared with pain as it thrust its head upward then collapsed onto the ground, blood gurgled from the yellow spots in its back.

Twilight kicked it to double check if it was dead and it was indeed dead, she leaned against a wall and slumped down to the ground. Her chest still screamed with pain at each breath she took, she almost certain that she had a cracked rib.

Staggering up she focused some of her magic onto her chest but to much aveal, the magic helped a little but not by much. "What a life", twilight muttered to herself as she limped on to the bridge security.

Upon entering the security control panels flashed on revealing fluttershys face,"twilight....make us whole again", the panel snapped of and twilight moved onto the atrium elevator control panel. She tapped on the activation tab,"atrium elevators activated", spoke the ishimura.

Twilight glanced at the security bridge before entering the elevator, the room was covered in blood and twilight looked at the brute,"well i guess i know now what happened to the security crew in there", sighed twilight as she entered the elevator.

Her video link snapped on and played a recording,"This is mutiny....you're all being tried for mutiny!!", shouted the captain, two security personel stallions stood next to him doctor kyne facing him.

"Theres no use in reason...settle down then..hold him", spoke kyne as the two stallions took hold of the captain,"of marital law 469, i here by declare captain benjamin mathias unfit for duty!"

"The marker...must be delivered to the church!!! Clerance please!!",shouted the captain as he started to struggle from the stallions grips,"im sorry ben but i dont want to have to do this", said kyne as he turned his back to the captain preparing a syringe.

"Traitor...heretic..MURDERER!!!" yelled the captain as he struggled,"hold him!!", shouted kyne to the security personel as he lowered the syringe towards the captains neck.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!", yelled the captain as the needle sliped from kyne into his eye, blood gurgled from his eye as he dropped to his knees and then collapsed on the ground a small pool of blood forming around him.

"Hes...dead", stammerd on of the security personel,"n...no it was an accident, i...i had to stop him!", stammered kyne as he stepped back from the captains body.

"Arrest the doctor!", shouted one of the security personel as the video link closed, twilight pressed the tab and the elevator started its decent. She gingerly touched the place where she had been struck, she let out wimper as the ginger touch on her rib shot jolts of searing pain through her spine.

She breathed and closed her eyes, then jolted back awake as a blood curdling scream of a mare rang through the elevator and shaft. The elevator jerked to a stop and the door slowly opened, stepping out cautiously twilight began to walk through the corridor, data panels streamed data as she walked.

As she approached ship systems door her audio link snapped on and circuit spoke,"It looks like some of the gravity plating is malfunctioning, keep an eye out for any distortion affects coming from the floor it could be dangerous".

Twilight pressed on the door and it slid open revealing a maze of data panels, turning a corner a foal necromorph screeched as it sprinted towards her, she noticed a broken gravity panel as the foal necromorph ran over it and was launched into the ceiling.

The gravity field crushing it till it died, making sure to avoid the malfunctioning panels, she made her way to the other end of the room. Stopping she pressed on the door to a second room, she stopped and listened, a crashing noise started and it was coming in her direction!

Dodging to the left a brute smashed through the security panels into a wall, twilight turned and bolted to a clearing in the middle of the room. The brute barreled towards her, stasising it she noticed yellow segments on the joints connecting the large leg and hoof to its body.

Aiming the plasma cutter twilight fired at the yellow segments, they exploded and the brutes arm shot off. Sruggling back up the brute contined to crawl towards twilight with its one arm, she made quick work of its other arm and it collapsed onto the ground.

Twilight stopped and took a breath she noticed the taste of blood in her mouth as her ribs ached further, swallowing her saliva she contined to the back room. There sitting in dented metal was the asteroid that had crashed through the roof, its bottom still ablaze.

Turning her attention to the junction box she noticed a pair of electrical cables thrashing around like snakes from hell, stasising the two cables she bolted to the junction box and activated it.

The electrical wires stopped their thrashing and fell to the ground, her audio link came on and mike spoke,"ships system box rerouted, im making some progress with the tracking grid...one of the cannons are giving me a hard time, keep moving", the audio link shut off and twilight made her way through the maze back to the elevator.

Upon entering the main atrium twilight was ambushed by the talon tailed necromorphs, firing she managed to kill two but more came from the vents, twilight dodged as fast as she could from each slash of their tails each attempt sending pain from her ribs.

She managed to kill the last one and stood there holding her side, she rotated around the corner and entered the second elevator.

(SORRY EVERYPONY FOR THIS BREAK IN THE CHAPTER AGAIN, PROGRAMMING TAKES UP ALOT OF TIME)

Comments ( 1 )

Well sorry everypony to break it to you but im going to have to put dead pony on hiatus right now.
As i become more in depth with game programming i find myself with less and less time to continue.
I am thankful for the likes and my two followers that have gave me pride of my story, i never expected
to get 4,000 views or 75 likes on the first weeks i know how this system works.

I thank the viewers of my story and i wish the best of luck to you and the fimfiction community.
Thank you knighty and the other site admins for the oppurtunity to post my stories, i personally
know i would never make it onto equestria daily but that doesnt make them wrong at their pickiness.
The story is now on holt and i am not canceling it.

So i bid farewell for now to the fimfiction community and i wish the best of luck to current and future writers
I love you all my fellow bronies lets all stick together and keep on the love and toleration!!:twilightsmile:

-SinclairThompson.mlp

Login or register to comment