• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 925 Views, 15 Comments

Dead pony - SinclairThompson.mlp



twilight is sent on a repair misson to the ishimura but encounters the true horror of the marker

  • ...
10
 15
 925

Chapter 1:Encounter

Dead Pony

By SinclairThompson.mlp

"I...im sorry twilight i never wanted it to come to this, i just want you to know that i dont blame you for this. You've always been my best friend and i hope the best for you now that my choice is now gone. I love you and i wish the best".

Twilight watched as fluttershy injected the syringe into her wrist, the transmission went to static the display minimized into her chest view panel.

"You've been playing that ever since we left the docking station. You must really miss her", the mission director said as he stared sympathetically at her. The mission director was a middle aged brown earth pony, his long work service showed in his face and hooves and named mike, a simple name that fit his standing somehow.

"Ya....she was one of my best friends, a loyal one at that", replied twilight as she gazed out the bubble glass debri sheild, huge asteroids..well..parts of the planet were floating calmly throughout the area. She could see the ishimura coming into view.

The planet cracker sat there floating in space like a sleeping metal giant in a deep slumber, the planet below that had been cracked had now a huge gapping crater that gave a dark stare into the space beyond it.The ishimura had only a few lights visible from the outside, which was rather strange for a ship its size and occupancy.

"There's no reply from the ship mam just bare static", said the pilot of the craft, he worked the control panels trying to get a response but still nothing."Thats strange a total communications black out, especially with that many ponies on board", remarked the co-technician raising one eyebrow while looking out the window at the floating ishimura, she was a young mare with a blue coat and a purple mane, her name was circuit for the obvious reasons.

The craft violently shook as a peice of space debri smashed against the top left corner, twilight held on to the seat with her hooves."Mother of celestia what was that!? We're here to repair the ishimura not end up like it!! ", shouted mike as he steadied himself against the pilots seat as the craft started to get sucked towards the ship.

Twilight could see the pilot working furiously at the control panel but to no effect, the craft started to speed up towards the ishimura like an invisible hoof pushing closer and closer, faster and faster.The docking bay was coming into view now it was massive with huge pylons on either side like a giant open ribcage.

"Buck its the automatic gravity docking system if we dont slow done we'll get torn to pieces!!", yelled circuit at the pilot the intensity making his hooves soar over the control panel faster,"there's nothing we can do!! Engage the crash shields now!!", shouted the co-technician at the pilot,"i cant the system wont respond, you'll have to engage it manually!!," the pilot shouted back.

"Well i guess i have too", replied circuit as she ran to the lever and engaged the crash shields.

The shields closed over the debri window in a mere second and then the lights cut off as the shriek of twisting metal filled the air, the impact sending some of the crew off their hooves onto the floor with a thud.

Red warning lights flooded the cabin indicating heavy external and internal damage, twilight was familiar with the indications being an engineer, she shook her head and fit on her helmet that concealed her whole head.

"Alright everypony, sync your rigs and lets move out we got a job to complete", circuit ordered to the crew, twilight heard the soft beep as the rigs were synced the meter rising from red to orange to a turquoise blue, they looked like glowing spines and helped with reading the condition of somepony.Some of the crew members loaded their pulse rifles which was strange since they were on a repair mission.

She stepped out of the hatch on the side of the craft, the docking hangar was unbelievabley huge it seemed to stretch upwards forever, the air was cool but not as cold as expected. The crew approached the door that led into the lobby, circuit placed her hoof on the door panel the circular hologram then displayed the words "please wait".

As if awaking for the first time the door slid open with a hiss and the crew walked in, a robotic mare like voice spoke from the intercom making twilight and some of the crew jump a little.

"Welcome to the USG Ishimura one of the finest mining vessels! We hope you have a nice work experience here and make sure to be cautious around all mining equipment".

The lobby went back to silence, all the doors except the one they entered and one that led to the lobby controls displayed the word locked in a red hologram.

"Hey twilight can you go to the lobby control panel and unlock these doors for us, oh and activate the holomap so we can see where the problem is located", asked one of the crew members, twilight was still in a trance from the odd silence through out the ship but managed to snap-out of it.

"Uh..ya...sure", replied twilight as she shoke her head and felt her hooves move towards the direction of the lobby control door.

Placing her hoof on the doors hologram it pause for a moment before hissing open revealing the semi-dark room the curved to the right, but something caught her eye, on the floor was a dried blood trail and it looked to be from a struggle.

She shrugged it off realizing some of the crew members were staring at her impatiently, stepping into the room twilight made her way to the control panel that was glowing softly waiting for a command.Tapping her hoof on the holomap tab the screen popped up a 2-D map of the ishimura the engine sector was highlighted in red.

"Ahh so its the engine, well we better get there quickly", remarked one of the crew members that was starring through the lobby window at the 2-D map.

All of a sudden the room plunged into darkness for a second then lit up dimmly as a yellow oscilating light flashed on the ceiling, the voice of the ishimura spoke once again,"warning decontamination in progress".

"Relax everypony its probably just a safety function", said circuit as she examined the room further, the other crew members had their pulse rifles pointed around the room, faintly twilight could hear a faint rustle in the air vent behind the crew member that was facing the other way.

Then a loud crash came from the vent the crew member spun around,"what the bu...AHHHH!!!", the crew member was cut short as the creature lungged itself at him the pony releasing a blood curddling scream as the creature stabbed its long talons into him repeatedly spattering his blood across the window.

Another had broken through the vent on the opposite side and attacked another crew member killing him also the pulse rifle bolts firing into the ceiling.

Twilight heard mike and circuit yelling at her through the lobby as they made their way through one of the other sliding doors,"RUN TWILIGHT RUNN!!", the yell broke her out the trance and shock of what was happening so fast.

She turned to the right and bolted through the doorway, just behind her another one of the creatures had broken through a top vent and was now roaring as it chased her.Down the corridor she could see an elevater and ran faster towards it.

Behind her the thing had disappeared but she knew it wouldnt be for long, she reached the elevater and pushed the hologram console every few seconds looking behind her.

She could feel her heart beating a thousand times a second, the blood pounding in her head. The door opened and she rushed in and pressed the level tab, as the door was closing the creature crashed through the outside from the top and started approaching the door.

The creature used to be a regular stallion earth pony, now it stood on its hind legs, long talons protruding from below its hooves. Its bottom jaw gone and little tentacles now replaced its spot.

It lunged at the door one of its talons getting stuck between the sliding doors, twilight pressed her body as flat as she could against the opposite wall.

The door snapped the creatures arm off it flopped on the ground till it finally stopped dead on the floor, twilight breathed heavily her chest going in and out slowly as the wir of the elevater sped up throught the shaft.

Faintly twilight could hear in her head something playing slowly:

"Twinkle, twinkle little star.

How I wonder what you are.

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

Twinkle, twinkle little star.

How...I...wonder...what.....you...are....