• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 318 Views, 5 Comments

Hold On Tight To Your Dreams. - Clever Twilight



A mare who dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt, must pass obstacles in her life, from uneasy friendships, meeting her idol to overcoming her mother's shadow.

  • ...
 5
 318

Up There.

Author's Note:

Wow!- This took forever to write just right.:derpytongue2:

Hope you all enjoy the 2nd chappie!- I worked really hard on this.

Thank you all who fav'd and read chapter one!

Solar Bolt the Oc belongs to Solar Bolt duh!- she's super awesome!

I don't own MLP universe or a song parody within this chapter.

" Up There" is a parody of Disney's " Out There." Done out of just fun.-I own nothing!

Please enjoy this cute little parody!-oh one of my fav all time Disney songs!:yay:

Bold font is singing-FYI.

" Ow...ow...owww." Solar Bolt moaned softly her once clean coat filthy, with small bruises and knicks up her slender legs.

For what felt like years she scanned over every piece of land she had passed in the early morning, yet even with her best efforts she could not turn up Rarity's missing materials.

A pit grew ever so slowly down in her stomach, she felt horrible as it was for not being able to right her wrong. But the one thing that loomed overhead was what she dreaded the most. Worse than a pack of timberwolves or even a cluster of changelings.

" Rarity stopped by to let me know about your delivery! " A chill yet stern voice echoed from the living room, Solar gently folding her ears back in shame.

" Mom let me explain..." Solar parted her lips to speak, her mother swinging up from the small red sofa she was sat upon.

" You were doing those idiotic tricks again!- Weren't you! " Her mother snapped as she narrowed her eyes in anger, coming muzzle to muzzle with her young daughter.

" They are not idiotic! " Solar replied with a pout, gazing away from her mother's cold eyes.

" Don't you dare speak back to me!! " Her mother huffed aloud, running her hoof roughly through solar's tangled mane.

" Oh my Luna!- Your mane and coat are just horrible! Not only that but because of your foolish nature I have to pay to replace the materials you lost!! " The mare shook her head in shame, her voice never easing up a bit.

Solar bit her lower lip hard, trying with all her heart to hold back tears. The last thing she wanted was for her mother to see her cry. That would be the breaking point of her if she did.

" I was wrong to think you could handle a job! " The mare sighed shaking her head side to side slowly.

" You are not mature at all!- I'll call the postal service and say they need to find a new Mail Mare. " Her mother spoke in a icy tone as Solar felt a chill run down her spine.

" No! - I want the job! It's the only time of day I can explore outside and fly..." Solar tried to reply, the mare standing in front of her in anger.

" I didn't allow you to get a job for pleasure!- it was to teach you the value of a hard day's work! " The mare stomped over to a small door in the corner of the room, swiftly pressing it open.

" But I was wrong!- you are just a child, one who needs just a little more time in the nest, before she is able to survive out in the world! " Her mother pointed a hoof into the room, demanding she went inside.

" No!!! " Solar felt the words escape her mouth in a loud yelp, gently her hooves rising to her lips in shock.

Her mother slowly let go of the door, it crept closed with a eerie creak. Soft but stern hoofsteps made their way to the blue pegasus, Ice cold eyes gazing deep into her own, her mother's shadow overcoming her with ease. Solar felt herself lower down to a kneel, fear entering her heart.

" You just simply won't listen." The mare softly caressed her daughter's cheek with her hoof.

" I'm trying to protect you.- You think you can just go out into the world, that ponies of this land will merely accept you as one of their own? " Slowly Solar felt her mother wrap her hooves around her neck, pulling in for a soft warm hug.

Rain gently began to fall outside, the sun being overcome by the darkening sky above. Much like she felt her mother's shadow did to her. The gentle tapping of the rain outside against the window sounded almost like the playing of a piano, a solemn tune filling the house.

" Equestria is cruel. " Her mother hummed aloud in a melodic tone.

" Equestria is wicked. " The mare whispered into her daughter's ear, placing a soft kiss on her cheek afterward.

" It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole world.- I who love you, dress you, teach you and keep you! " The light blue pegasus sung aloud in a wicked rhythm, walking to the nearby window as she slowly closed the blinds, the room becoming cold and dim.

" I who look upon you without judgement!- How can I protect you girl, unless you always stay here!! " Her mother sung aloud in a icy tone, violet colored eyes burning like coals in the dim lighting.

" Away from the sky...you must never fly..." The mare allowed her voice to become warm if only for a minute, looking deeply into her daughter's eyes with love and compassion.

" Remember my little Solar Bolt, what I've told you time and time before." The mare smiled happily nuzzling her cheek caringly.

" You are talentless. " The voice of warmth faded away, Solar Bolt felt her heart sink in her chest.

" I am Talentless... " Solar repeated in a soft whisper, the rain pouring faster outside.

" And you are a failed flyer! " Her mother spoke up in a proud tone of voice.

" I am a failed flyer...." Solar folded ears back completely, gently curling up into a small ball on the floor.

" These are traits that those above will show no pity! " The mare stomped a hoof down on the floor in anger, pacing around in circles around her daughter.

" You are my one defender..." Solar sung along with her mother's tune in sadness.

" Out there they'll consider you a failure! " The mare sang lowering herself down to her daughter's level, gently caressing her mane with a hoof.

" I am a failure..." Solar felt the tears building in her eyes.

" High above in the sky!- They'll hate, scorn and jeer! " The mare sung louder, her voice hidden by the sound of thunder outside.

" Always a failure..." Tears ran down the young mare's cheeks.

" Why invite in their hatred?- force yourself to live in fear!?- Just stay in here... " Solar felt her mother kneel down at her side cuddling close to her.

" Be faithful to me." She whispered into the child's ear softly.

" I'm faithful..." She replied back sadly.

" Be grateful." Her mother cooed in a softer more gentle tone.

" I'm grateful..." Solar spoke gazing up to her mother with tear soaked hues.

" If that's true then obey!...and stay right here. " Her mother smiled in a loving manner, though Solar could only see a wicked smirk.

" I'll....stay...here. " Solar slowly got back to her hooves, she felt faint and tired while walking past her mother and into her dimly lit room solemnly.

" Thank you mother. I'm sorry for how I acted." Solar turned back to gaze to her mother sadly, who in turn simply smiled back happily.

" It's alright my dear.- I'll tell your boss you just need a bit more time, before you are ready for of all things a job. " Her mother giggled walking over to the door, slowly closing it as the light drained from the room.

" Remember Solar Bolt my love, this is your home....this is where you belong. " The older mare spoke in a stern tone, clicking the wooden frame shut.

The sound of the door being locked from the outside echoed around Solar, she merely sat in the middle of the room, ears folded back as she allowed the darkness to wrap around her. Her heart felt as if it were about to shatter into a thousand pieces, she had cried in front of her mother something she vowed never to do.

Now it was known she was stuck here, a bird inside a cage unable to fly in the sky. Her one chance in years to be able to have a job in which she was able to glide in the sky and see the wonders around her, runied because she couldn't control her joy.

She'd never be free.

The rain slowly came to a halt, Solar allowed her soft magenta eyes to glance outside her bolted closed window. Taking slow hoofsteps towards the small view to the outside world, placing her hooves on the window sill in deep thought.

This action she'd done since she was just a filly, her mind wandering to thoughts of being free from this place. But how could she?- her mother needed her, to abandon her family would be something she'd never do.

But would damning herself to this prison be any better?

" Safe behind these windows and parapets of wood.
Gazing at the ponies high above me. " Solar whispered in a soft hum, thoughts running wild again, her voice gentle and melodic in tune. The wind outside forming into a melody, the drops of rain from the tree's almost sounding like a piano playing along.

Her eyes watched in awe as the pegasi above in the sky cleared away the dark clouds, far in the distance she could make out others dashing playfully across the sky.

" All my life I watch them as I hide in here alone.
Hungry for the adventures that they show me. " Solar sadly sang aloud in a whisper, walking away from the window.

" All my life I memorize their faces.
Knowing them as they will never know me. " The mare allowed the words to escape her lips in a quivering voice.

" All my life I wonder how it would feel to pass a year... " She slowly turned towards her right wall filled with many posters of The Wonderbolts and a few spare pictures of Rainbow Dash she came across in the Foal Free Press her mother brought in.

" Not below them!
But part of them!!! " Solar allowed her wings to span out proudly as her pitch became a bit louder.

" Up there!
Living near the sun.
Give me one year up there!!
All I ask is one.
To hold dear forever!!! " Her voice sang along in joy as she fluttered over to the window, lost in the beauty of the sky above her.

" Up there!
Where they all fly as one.
What I'd give!
What I'd dare!
Just to live one year up there!! " Solar felt her voice yell aloud in a musical tune, her wings lifting her high into the air of her room happily.

" Up there among the flyers and the storm chasers and the large open skies!
Through the clouds and mist up above I can see them! " Solar bolted over to her wall, gently placing her hoof atop her Wonderbolt poster.

" Everyday they talk and giggle, going about their lives.
Heedless of the gift it is to be them!" She swooped in near her window again, watching pegasi above her house chat, laugh and live.

" If I was in their coats!
I'd treasure every instant! " Solar giggled as she floated away from the window excitedly.

" Up there!
Flying by the sun! " She sang with a soft sigh, allowing the warmth of the sun outside to shine upon her coat.

" Taste a morning up there!
Like ordinary mares.
Who freely fly about there! " She sang in a joyous melody flying quickly to her shelf, slipping on a pair of goggles happily with a smile. Her mane fluffing outward cutely as she did a few spins in the air, barely missing the ceiling with a quick dash.

" Just one year and then I swear!
I'll be content with my share!! " She placed her hooves softly across her chest while singing.

" Won't resent!
Won't despair!! " She quickly twirled around the middle of her room, hugging her slender frame gently eyes closed in thought.

" Old and bent!
I won't care!! " She swooped in front of her window like a lightning strike, eyes open and hooves placed firmly on the window before her.

" I'll have spent! " A smile as wide as the horizon formed across her lips.

" One year!
Up there!!! " Solar's voice echoed happily through her whole room, her song filling her soul with warmth and light.

For a second in a few years.

She felt hope for the future.

>>>>>

Unknown to Solar just a mere few feet away from her door, her mother sat kneeled before the raging fireplace. The flames dancing within wickedly, Rarity's materials being engulfed with ease.

The older mare watching in silence, she did what had to be done. Solar Bolt was not ready to go out on her own.

This was her home, this was where she belonged.

Comments ( 1 )

6544058 Omigod!-That took forever to get just right. :twilightblush:

Chappie 2 is up, Chapter 3 is half written but I'll post that later today most likely-right now I need to rest my hooves.

Login or register to comment