• Published 29th May 2012
  • 7,683 Views, 408 Comments

Double the Bass - Blacktastic

  • ...
11
 408
 7,683

Chapter 16

A/N Warning, there's some spoilers from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, if you haven't finished the campaign yet, don't read

-------

My audio receptors began to activate again some time later

"His systems are stable, and he shall be reactivating soon" an all too familiar voice said.

"You sure he's alright?" another familiar voice said, Vinyl's I suspected, "He got hit pretty hard"

"Omega: Apologizes again" I could figure out who said that one...

"It's alright Omega, I think he's coming to"

My optics began to reactivate as my base systems began to their normal status. I scanned the room and saw that I was inside Omega Supreme, atop an operating table. I saw surrounding me was the Autobots, Starscream, Vinyl and Luna. I tired to locate the source of the first voice but couldn't see it at first

"My audio receptors must still be malfunctioning...I thought I heard-"

"Your systems are working at optimal capacity Soundwave, unless you doubt my work"

I looked around once more and was nearly shocked to see the source of the voice

"Shockwave?"

"Who else could bring you back from the brink of death?"

"Explain?"

"When Omega hit you, his tail smashed many vital systems in your torso, the Autobot's were unaware of how your specific systems are operated, so they called me."

"But why you?"

I could sense Shockwave's discomfort he went to say something before Rodimus interrupted "Shockwave was captured after Galvatron's defeat, as punishment he is to become a medical attendant for Autobot needs, to make up for the years of his experimentation on POW's."

"That must be torture." I said

"You have no idea." he replied flatly

"Grimlock says Shockwave should be killed after what he did to Grimlock and Grimlock's team!" Grimlock said, his voice filled with rage from year's past

"You took my arm," Shockwave said as he lifted his arm that was replaced after his encounter with Grimlock"...I think we're even."

Grimlcok got faceplate to faceplate with Shockwave before they were split up by Arcee "Quit it you two!"

Vinyl approached me during the commotion "Hey big guy, how you feeling?

"Like I was tail whipped by eighty tons of metal."

She laughed lightly "I'd imagine that doesn't happen often."

"Not to me anyways."

"How often do you guys get crushed by something bigger than you."

"More often then we'd like."

I began to rise off the table and tried to stand, Shockwave and Grimlock we're split up, Starscream was quietly standing in the corner, and Luna and Rodimus began to approach me and Vinyl.

"We have finally come to an understanding." Luna said, getting right to the point

"We have decided you may be allowed to stay here." Rodimus continued

"They're is a catch isn't there?"

"Always..." Blaster said.

"Blaster will remain here and watch over you and Starscream."

"Why only one of you," Vinyl said "Why not two to watch over both of them?"

"Because let's face it Soundwave is already watching Starscream"

"Hey!" Starscream blurted annoyed, everyone in the room rolled their optics

"If I may," Shockwave spoke up "I would wish to keep my services here."

"Is that so Shockwave" Rodimus replied "Tell me why I should trust you do stay here away from Cybertron and you're community service."

"Because oh mighty Rodimus" if his voice wasn't so emotionless you could hear the sarcasm "What if they get injured, it's clear from the bio scans of this planet that there is plenty of ways they can get injured, and none of them have the proper knowledge of Cybertronian systems to repair themselves, and I doubt you'd want your chief communications expert to perish on this planet"

I could see the look on Rodimus' face, not even he can deny Shockwave's logic, which with the exception of very few times, was infallible. Luna looked wearily at Shockwave, clearly not trusting of him.

"Very well Shockwave" Rodimus finally said after a few moments of processing, I could tell Shockwave was pleased "However," Rodimus continued, making Shockwave uncomfortable, "You must have someone watch you as well, and who else to do this other than Grimlock."

Now, the one thing about Shockwave is that he purposefully rids himself of emotion to make way for logic, however, he is not immune to having them forced into his system, and I could tell you the amount of fear and agitation that was coming from him hasn't been seen since the day his arm was ripped off and eaten in front of him by Grimlock, millions of years ago.

Shockwave swallowed his fear and finally spoke "If those are the conditions...so be it." he said flatly.

Luna turned to Rodimus and whispered to him, I was able to pick up on it "Are you sure we can trust him, he doesn't seem very stable."

"I don't trust him at all, but unfortunately I cannot deny his logic in the matter. Don't worry thought, Grimlock will keep him in line."

Luna looked down awkwardly "That's who I meant actually..."

-------

Rodimus and the rest of the Autobots departed with the exception of Grimlock and Blaster.

"So..." Vinyl spoke up after a moment of awkward silence "How are we going to explain this to the ponies in Ponyville..."

"Do not worry about it Vinyl...I have it under control. As for you two" She turned to the two Autobots and Shockwave "You're going to need disguises to fit in, the one's you donned earlier should cut it, and I imagine you're good at coming up with excuses."

"Don't stress out," Blaster said in his mellow tone "We got all this under control."

I rolled my optics and spotted Vinyl who was looking dreamily at Blaster, I nudged her with my foot and she looked at me and shrugged with a partially annoyed look.

Blaster and Grimlock donned their disguises, Blaster's form was had a bright red coat and silver mane and tail, his mark was similar to mine, the only difference being it was red and had his Autobot symbol on it. Grimlock had a steel colored coat with a yellow mane, his mark was his signature sword and shield with his Autobot symbol on it.

Luna turned to Shockwave "And what of you?" she asked as he stayed in his robotic form

"I'd rather not degrade myself to such a form."

"If you want to stay here you will" Luna snapped back. Shockwave, not wanting to get in anymore trouble than he already is, begrudgingly obliged. He scanned Vinyl and began to take the form of the equine life forms. His coat was purple, his mane was black and he adorned two feathered wings. However his front left appendage looked like it was a steel replacement, and one of his eyes was non existent leaving only a patch of skin over it and his other eye was a bright solid yellow. His mark was a beaker filled with a green liquid with the Decepticon symbol on the bottle's front.

"They is umm...uhh..."

"Disturbing?" Vinyl spoke up

"Yes...not the word I would've use but yes...it's not normal for ponies to look like that" Luna said uncomfortably

"I'm not a 'pony' therefore I wouldn't resemble them completely. I would look more appropriate if someone hadn't devoured my arm." he said flatly, clearly placing his blame at Grimlock

"Grimlock regret nothing! Grimlock pay you back for making him into Dinobot!"

"It's one of the few experiments I regret ever performing. I should have killed you when I had the chance instead of sending the Insecticons at you."

"Grimlock crush you like he crush bugs!" he said as he got face to face with Shockwave, even in this form he towered over all of us.

"Now Grimlock, buddy, ya gotta stay calm man otherwise you'll get on Rodimus' bad side, ya dig?"

Grimlock huffed angrily before backing off. Vinyl looked to the princess "Umm Princess Luna?"

"Yes Vinyl?"

"The home I have can't possibly fit everyone here, not that I would mind accommodating Blaster."

I rolled my optics as Luna replied to her saying "Well Vinyl, I'm sure the one known as Applejack would gladly take Grimlock under her supervision, so long as he works the fields."

"Work what fields?" Grimlock said

"An apple orchard, you'll be bucking apples off the trees"

"Grimlock get job hitting things? Grimlock like this idea already."

Luna smiled "And from what I can tell Shockwave would get along well with Twilight Sparkle, seeing as how the both have an affinity for science."

"It's good to hear there are others who share my passion." Shockwave said almost eagrly

"Blaster...what is it you like to do?"

"Well...I love to get down and funky!" Blaster said excited, making Luna laugh lightly

"If that's the case, find the mare known as Pinkie Pie, she's quite literally a party animal."

"Sounds cool." he said in his mellow tone

"Starscream...From what I hear you've already got a job with Rainbow Dash."

Starscream smiled smugly "You're intel is correct. I defeated her in a race and I now am working under her employ as a 'Weather Marshall"

Luna nodded and turned to me "Where are your Minicons?"

"You don't know?" I said

"We thought they were with you."

"Scrap..."

------

Rumble, Frenzy, and Myself were traveling through the woods aimlessly, trying to either find Soundwave, or be as far away as possible from the Autobots and their attack dog Omega.

"Good job Laserbeak, now we're lost and runnin' low on energon, while Ravage gets ta stay home and relax"

"If those damn Autobots didn't show up we wouldn't be here in the first place!"I replied annoyed at the whole situation.

"Hey girls I think I heard something over here!" we all heard a voice shout from the distance. We all took on our disguises for this planet as we approached the voices and saw three young equines, they were adorning capes and consisted of the three different breeds of this planet.

"Scootaloo, are you sure we should be this far into the Everfree Forest?" a small white one said.

"You saw that dragon, if we capture it maybe we'll get our cuite marks in dragon fighting!" The one called Scootaloo said

"Is there even a cuite mark for that?" a yellow one said.

"I don't think anyone has even survived against a dragon long enough to find out" The white one said

"That's what will make them so much more awesome!" Scootaloo said excitedly

"Do they honestly think they could take on Omega Supreme, let alone the beast he's based himself off of?"

"Maybe they- hey did you hear that?" Frenzy said as he heard a rustling noise coming from the bushes on the far side of those three young equines.

I activated infrared, but detected nothing. The three equines, however, seemed to be cowering together

"W-what was that?"

"I dunno...m-maybe we should leave here"

"Nonsense crusaders, if we're going to fight a dragon we need to be able to fight a-" she was interrupted as a lupine beast apparently made of wood emerged from the bushes, and then another, and another, until a whole pack of them was surrounding the three of them. By this time they were huddled together in fear.

"What the hell are those things, what do you two think- Rumble, Frenzy?"

I looked down to see they were no longer below me, they were in the clearing standing between the pack of wolves and the three fillies. Rumble turned to the three of them "If you girls wanna survive ya gotta be able to keep a secret, can you do that?"

They seemed to be willing to agree to anything in that situation, they nodded rapidly.

"Oh Primus they're not going to-"

"First we crack the shell!" Rumble shouted as he began to transform to his robotic form.

"Then we crack the nuts inside!" Frenzy finished as they both readied their pile drives and began to dive head first into the pack of wolves. The fillies we're awestruck by the spectacle. A wolf managed to avoid Rumble and Frenzy and made a dash for the three fillies, but he was pierced by a laser from my beak as I joined the fray.

"Get ready to crumble before Rumble!" he shouted as he began to pile drive the ground, sending out shock waves that shattered near by wolves into piles of lumber, making what little remained of the pack running with their tails between their legs.

We gathered around the three little girls, our true forms revealed to them.

"Wooow" Scootaloo said. "What are you guys?"

"That's somethin' we should explain when we're not in the dark woods..." Rumble said weakly, him and Frenzy's energy drained. They transformed and began to lead the three of them out of the woods back into town...towards the Autobots.

--------

"Ravage: Deploy, Operation: Minicon Location" I ordered to Ravage, who loyally followed the order and dashed off into the wilderness to find my Minicons, and apparently the sibling of the one the Princess referred to as Applejack.

"I sure do hope lil' Applebloom is alright..." she said

"Do not fear...When Ravage has been assigned an objective, he will succeed at it" I replied flatly, but it did not seem to calm her nerves.

Hours passed, Applejack and her companions came to her side to comfort her. Applejack stood up, "It's been too long I'm goin-" she stopped herself when she saw Ravage emerge from the tree line, atop his back was Laserbeak and behind him were my Minicons and the fillies they sought. After, what was for them, a touching reunion, we gathered around and began to explain to those involved the plan of the Princess, who had to leave back to Canterlot.

"So...these folks are gonna be stayin' with us for a while?"

"Pretty much yeah" Vinyl said

"Oh my gosh new ponies means I have to throw them a party!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly, getting Blaster's attention

"A party, just for bein' new in town?" Blaster inquired

"Yup! I throw parties for just about anything."

"Girl, I think we'll get along juuuust fine." Blaster said as he wondered off with Pinkie.

"So um Shockwave is it?" Twilight said

"Yes?"

"I suppose you're staying with me?"

"Yes, and may I ask where is you're home?"

"The library"

I think this is one of the few times I could tell Shockwave was happy "Then let us be off, I have knowledge I must procure." I saw Twilight's face light up as she had someone to share her lust for knowledge with.

"So uh...you're gonna be with me then?" Applejack asked Grimlock

"Grimlock stay with orange pony and hit...hit...what Grimlock be hitting?"

"Trees, ya gotta buck them ta get the apples down"

"Grimlock best at hitting things hard!" he shouted as he trotted off with Applejack.

Starscream and Rainbow Dash, all the while were glaring at one another, eyes narrowed.

"So...your shift begins tomorrow...at dawn" Rainbow Dash said flatly to Starscream as she flew off.

I turned to Vinyl who looked worn from today's events "You ready to go to bed Soundwave? Remember tomorrow we got a gig"

"Affirmative." I said as we made our way back to her home and rested for the evening to prepare for tomorrow's gig in Canterlot.