• Published 29th May 2012
  • 7,683 Views, 408 Comments

Double the Bass - Blacktastic

  • ...
11
 408
 7,683

Chapter 6

I landed just outside the ship, the woods around me were deathly quiet, the ship was looking worse for wear last time I saw it. I began to approach the the ships entrance, until I stopped when I heard rumbling coming from it's interior. As I tried to peer into the darkness the visitor charged at me in that form it has when it gets around. I barely dodged out of the way in time, as I tried to recover I saw him changing, the sound of metal parts shifting and whirring filled the air. I could only stare in awe as it began to take it's full shape. A massive metal being standing on two legs, in its hand an equally massive axe with a purple glowing blade.

"Who-what are you!" I sputtered out finally

In a voice that was devoid of emotion he only replied "I am Soundwave!" Then he charged at me like a madpony and swung his axe. I tumbled off to the side again barely avoiding his blade.

"How dare you attack us! By Equestrian royal law you are under arrest!" I shouted trying to intimidate him with the 'Royal Canterlot Voice'.

"You will not capture me" he replied stoically as he began another assault, much faster than before. I jumped to the side his axe barely grazing my mane, I could smell the burnt hairs. I had enough of him and began my counter attack, I launched a few magical bolts at him, which to my horror he simply seemed to be shrugging off. I hated being so drained of power after being freed of Nightmare Moon. I backed up looking him dead in the face when I saw a single cloud floating above. I grinned seeing the opportunity. I flew up towards the cloud barely dodging an upward swing from him. I landed safely on the cloud and channeled my magic into it, turning it into a mini storm cloud. My normal unicorn magic may have been weakened, but the pegasi magic I had was only as strong as the weather, which the weather is always strong. I stomped down on the cloud sending a lightning bolt directly at him. It hit him square causing his metal body to falter and the area around it to melt away.

He glared at me and stood up tall. His voice rung out once more "Laserbeak eject Operation: Destruction"

I looked on in confusion when from out of his torso a metal bird shot out. It began firing bolts at me, which while clinging to the cloud and using my wings, I began to roll out of the way of. I turned and fired another bolt of lightning at the bird, nailing it right in the head. I grinned smugly, until a shadow covered me. I turned and looked up and saw him falling from over head bringing his axe down at full force.

-----

I ejected Laserbeak to distract the annoyingly persistent pony. I ran off to the side, predicting where she was going to keep dodging to. As I saw her turn to fire another bolt I jumped, and activated the boosters in my feet launching me into the air. Most Decepticons had them standard issue to allow brief periods of flight to give us some advantage over the Autobots.

I shot right above her and began to fall, putting my axe out in front of me as I fell with the intent to cleave her in two. To my annoyance she jumped out of the way, but in the process I got rid of the cloud she was standing upon rendering her without a weapon.

I was rather pleased until something big made contact with me and sent me flying into the woods.

------

As he began to plummet I panicked and deserted my cloud, and he and I began falling. I opened my wings to stop myself and regained my focus. Using my magic I pulled a loose hunk of metal from the ship and launched it at him sending him flying into the forest. I flew after him seeing the cloud of dust being shot up signifying where he impacted.

I landed in front of him and began to approach slowly. He wasn't making any movements and his axe was nowhere to be seen. As I got closer I heard shuffling in the bushes, I turned and saw two smaller metal beings jump out. They're hands we're these metal plates that vibrated back and forth. One of them charged me, while the other began to hit the ground. The vibrations we're messing with my balance, in desperation I threw up a magic barrier to shield myself from the other one. His arm made contact with the barrier and shattered it completely, but not before it slowed his momentum down and made him stumble. I turned and gave him a good buck right to the chest sending him into his ally knocking both of them over. I smirked and turned around only to see that Soundwave had gotten back up and was charging at me.

I opened my wings and flew back as he swung his fists at me, his fist made contact with the ground making a small crater. I began to open fire with more magic bolts, but this time at the hole I made in his chest from the lightning bolt earlier. To my joy they were causing more damage and opening the already large wound in his chest. Suddenly I was caught off guard with a sudden hit to my ribs and was sent careening into a tree. The sound of ribs breaking filled the air. I tried to stand and saw all three of them begin to surround me.

I threw up a magic barrier with all my might hoping it would stave them off long enough for help, if any, to arrive.

------

My squad began flying in towards the rendezvous point designated by the princess. Our captain gave the order to spread out and look for signs of the princess. I flew off to the north and her the sound of steel parts whirring. I approached quietly and witnessed a strange and terrifying sight. A gigantic metal being and two smaller ones were attacking a already frail looking barrier held up by a struggling Princess Luna. I gritted my teeth, let out a battle cry of "I"m coming Princess!", and charged in tackling one of the smaller ones before getting back handed by the larger one and sent careening into a tree and effectively having the wind knocked out of me. My cry didn't go unheard by my squad, as I struggled to stand I saw my squad join up with me and begin to swarm the metal menaces.

He was overwhelmed at first but he soon was getting the upper hand when he deployed some sort of cat like creature that began firing bolts at my mates. Soon they began dropping, and I saw blood staining the ground. I tried to stand only to be pinned down by the metal cat. I closed my eyes and said my final goodbyes, when suddenly, a loud cry filled the air. The cat turned to see it when it was blasted off me.

------

I began laying into the feeble barrier that this small blue pony put up, Rumble and Frenzy joined in. We began to see it crack when suddenly I heard someone shout "I'm coming Princess!" I turned to see a pony in armor tackle Frenzy, I back handed the whelp. I considered something though, he said he was going to save the princess, I turned to see the weak blue one panting for breath and realized something horrible. I just attacked the royalty of this planet. When I planned this I just assumed it would be someone nobody would really miss, not royalty. I panicked and planned my escape, but I was swarmed by more guards. Their attacks were weak, but they were getting lucky shots and bucking my already severe wound. I released Ravage to help dispatch the rest of them.

We began to drop them like cyber-flies, until I saw the one I back handed start to get back up and Ravage pin him down by the throat. I nodded to give him the final okay, when I was caught of guard by a loud cry and a terrifying blast of power from behind me. I was sent careening into a plethora of trees before finally hitting as solid stone. I began to go offline, before my optics failed me I saw a dark blue being and what looked like a portion of the starry sky approach me. I could sense it's rage and power before finally going offline.