• Published 29th May 2012
  • 7,683 Views, 408 Comments

Double the Bass - Blacktastic

  • ...
11
 408
 7,683

Chapter 7

I was pacing back and forth in the living room. Neither Soundwave nor his Minicons we're back and it was getting late. I pacing and eyeing his door until I couldn't take it any more. I went over to his door and tried to open it, but it was locked. So I grabbed the 'spare-key', which was essentially a bobby pin I kept in my mane, and picked the lock.

His room was littered in spare parts, some I recognized from my old equipment, others looked completely alien. I searched the room until I came across a weird device on the table in the room. It looked big enough to fit Soundwaves hand, it was made of that metal the ship was made out of, it had three prongs in the front of an opening, it's middle was a clear tube supported by the metal, and it's back looked like it was just open for Soundwave to slide his hand in it. Curiosity got the better of me and I touched my hoof to it. Suddenly a little device popped out of the top of it and shot a thin beam of yellow light that circled around the room and it stopped when it reached me. The little thing flashed yellow for a few seconds before turning green and retracting into the device. It began to transfrom the same way Soundwave does only it just got smaller and the place it made itself look like it could be held by my hoof.

I went to touch it, but I stopped when I heard a commotion outside. I looked out the window and was stricken with horror. Soundwave and his Minicons we're being dragged through Canterlot by a pony who looked like princess Celestia but she was dark blue and had a starry mane. I was staring for what felt like forever, then she looked up at me with a terrifying gaze. I retreated to below my window. I was panicking, could they know about me, how did they capture Soundwave, what would they do to him? All these thoughts and more raced through my head, until one thought stood out.

"Should I save him?" I said aloud. Deep down I knew he wasn't really my responsibility, and I've never been one for responsibility. But he went out of his way to help me get back on my hooves, I knew that it would be wrong if I didn't, but the only problem was...how was I going to save him? I began pacing through the apartment until the mail being pushed through the door slot distracted me. I sighed and walked over to it only to distract myself for a moment. I shuffled through it and gasped at one of the notices, it was a reminder that the Grand Galloping Gala was in a few days and it was to tell ponies that the castle audience would be closed that day.

I smiled wide, It was perfect! I could sneak into the castle with all the ponies there distracting the guards and find and free Soundwave! I frowned though, only ponies who were invited could get in, and even then I didn't have a fancy dress.

I went to sulking when another idea popped into my head. "Rarity!" I shouted "She said she'd owe me a favor after the show bombed!" I smiled wide, grabbed some bits, and in the dead of night hitched a train ride to Ponyville.

------

I finished dragging the metal horror through the streets. Almost everypony saw it, but I didn't care, this thing was going to pay for attacked my loyal guards when it woke up. I entered the castle where my dear sister was waiting. She gasped at the sight of not only my new look, which frankly I was loving, and the metal terrors I was dragging in my magic behind me.

"Luna!" she said with concern "What happened?!"

"We had some visitors arrive a few nights ago, I've been tracking them in the thought's they were hostile, I was right." I said solemly

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to prove I could handle it on my own" I began to break down "Now my personal guard are...are..." I finally lost it and embraced my sister, mourning the loss of the guards. As I was crying my sister motioned to some guards to take 'Soundwave' and his minions to the dungeon.

------

I arrived in Ponyville a few hours later, early in the morning. I rushed over to Carousel Boutique and began pounding on the door. I was greeted by a rather irritated mare with a case of bed-head. She was rubbing her eyes asking "Do you know what time it is?" she asked annoyed I deprived her of sleep

"Yeah...you owe me a favor"

She opened her eyes, saw me, and perked up immediately "Oh Vinyl deary I didn't know think you'd come here of all times, dreadfully sorry." she said "Please come in, I'll make some tea." she waved her hoof to motion me inside. I followed her inside into her kitchen where she began boiling a pot of tea. I sat at the table where she turned and yawned to me "So what is it you need my dear?" she began "And once again I'm terribly sorry for causing you all that grief with my...'fashion' show" she shivered remembering the horrors it brought

"It's fine Rarity, I wanted to ask you though, you're friends with Celestia's student right"

"But of course dear. Why do you ask?"

"Well I was kinda hoping you could ask her to see if she can get a ticket to the gala coming up, and maybe you can make a new dress for me?"

She looked at me for a moment "Why do 'you' want to go to the gala, if i may ask?"

"Well...umm...a friend of mine is going to be there and he wanted me to go but I didn't get a ticket." I was a pretty good liar

"Hmm...Alright I'll see what I can do about the ticket as for the dress I think we can get started on that as soon as possible...on the house"

I smiled "Thank you so much Rarity this means alot"

"Of course, In wouldn't be the Element of Generosity if I didn't do both of these for you" she smiled a bit egotistical about her title, although living up to it to the fullest.

We had our tea, she got ready for the day, and then began getting ready to make my new dress. I had one idea for it in mind though. "Hey Rarity?" I asked while she was taking may measurements

"Yes Vinyl?"

"Do you think you could put a pocket on the inside of the dress near the back to fit something about this big?" I held my hooves up like I was holding something. I was making it about the size of that device I found in Soundwave's room, I figured bringing it my come in handy

"I'll see what I can do" Rarity said as she began to go to her sewing machine and got to work on my...disguise