• Published 19th Aug 2015
  • 418 Views, 0 Comments

Elements of corruption - Alicetheoneandonly



Before the harmony of five, and the harmony of two. There were the true incarnations of elements. They kept true to harmony, until one beast comes to break such harmony.

  • ...
 0
 418

Our downfall

Her words amounted to nothing, no matter what she said we would never listen. I hid myself away in my long and curly mane that expelled the magic that I hold within me. I am the ponyfication of laughter, I am Laughter. I glance at the other elements Kindness, Loyalty, Generosity, Honesty, and Magic. We are the guardians of harmony, representing the attributes of what makes a harmonious harmony. For many centuries we have kept the balance, even when the Alicorn rulers sought otherwise. As punishment, we had banished Alicorns to the darkest corners away from our ponies. The ponies resorting to caring for each other. This was kept well, until a being came into the limelight. A mix of many, this monster sought to destroy the harmony we have preserved. He turned us against each other.
First to go was Loyalty, who we thought was the strongest. He aimed at the strong pillar of a friend, her fall ultimately bringing our own. She turned her back on us.

“I’m sorry… but I can’t do this anymore.” The rainbow maned pony said as she hid her face behind the flowing locks. She wouldn’t listen to reason, and just flew off. A single feather left behind, the last part of her loyalty leaving her.

Next was generosity, who became enveloped in her love ignoring us. He stroked her ego, and turned her against us. Taking his side.

“I’m sorry darlings, but Discord is regarding me a large sum to take his side. And I couldn’t possibly turn him down.” Her eyes glossed, she looked at Honesty; Honesty just looked down tears flowing down her cheeks.

That’s when Honesty fell to ruins, he indirectly struck at Honesty by destroying Generosity.

“Go ahead then,” she said looking up with eyes that were filled with so much rage, “it’s not like we will miss you. You and Loyalty!” Magic, Kindness, and I stared in disbelief as both left their separate way. Not a single word of goodbye.
“We have to get them back,” Magic scowled as she rose her hoof stomping it on the ground. “Kindness, please go retrieve Loyalty, Laughter, go for Honesty. I shall retrieve Generosity from his clutches.” With that we were off. I only managed to bring honesty, by luring her with my elemental powers of laughter. She looked so happy.

“Hello my dear”

I turn and see the creature staring at me with the largest grin, his eyes focused on my own. I take a stance glaring at him.

It’s pretty sad that the element of laughter can’t seem to ever say anything”

I rolled my eyes and stood in front of honesty. “Laughter… Let’s just go. We don’t have somethin’ to talk about with this creep.” I nodded and glared,

“Now where is the fun in leaving before we even started our games? Surely you the element of laughter enjoy a good game?”

My will couldn’t hold me, and I found myself smiling curiously. Something that only brought further amusement to his eyes, poofing me to his side; he levitated me smirking at me. “Laughter!” Honesty tried to get my attention, but I grew dazed as my mind began to change. Images of my friends hating me played, and I couldn’t help but feel like they wanted to betray me.

“Fun fact, Magic by the end of this will end you.”

All I could think was, how dare she! I growled and began to thrash at the levitation. He chuckled and dropped me, giddily commending me to see reason. He used his chaotic magic to toy around bringing in objects, messing with the world. But I didn’t care. I couldn’t. My friends had betrayed me.

“Now is time to chew on popcorn and kick back to watch the events to unfold.”

He did so and looked at me grinning, raising a claw, he snapped and soon the scenery was different.

“Laughter? How did you get here so fast?” I heard Magic’s voice call out, he had transferred us to our meet up… he knew of the plan. Or was it that they planned to stab at me among a crowd of people who had turned against me. “Bad news, kindness succumbed to Discord’s chaos and is now against our help. I got her here, everyone accounted?” I looked over and noticed Kindness tripping Loyalty, who in turn pulled her down with her. Both landing roughly. They scowled and began to argue, while Generosity scoured the location for things to claim, a large pile of rocks stood in the center.

“Everything looks normal to me? Why did you guys call me here?” as soon as Honesty spoke, Generosity stopped her scavenging and quickly perked up. The happiness in her eyes unmistakingly visible. Honesty turned away from her, turning to Magic as she wrapped her hooves around claiming her. I knew it. She wanted everyone against me. Magic the center of everyone’s attention, used her power to turn everyone against me. I scoffed looking away.

“We need to defeat Discord,” Magic explained after shrugging Honesty off. “We don’t have much power anymore, as our friendship has been tainted. But I think I know of a way to help.” She began and turned to me, I caught her gaze from my peripheral vision. Her expression of sorrow, and I could have sworn she mumbled ‘not you too?’ though I am not so certain.

“To heck with Discord, I don’t care what happens to the ponies of the land! They don’t do anything for us!” Generosity ranted, Kindness nodded agreeing with her.

“I can help!” Loyalty proclaimed standing tall. Despite that, we all knew she would bail at the moment we begin our attack at Discord, Honesty joining in beside Loyalty proclaiming the same false

“No, we won’t need to do anything anymore.” She sighed and looked to the side. A dark cave peered through the cluster of trees, its contents only darkness. “We will give our magic to two Alicorns.”

Everypony gasped and instantly ranted against it. “We will disappear into our gems and create a magic that will not only defeat the beast, but keep balance with the world.” I knew it! She wanted me gone! Forget she said we, I know she means me!

“No! I am not giving my magic to a pair of Alicorns!” the purple maned pony growled as she flipped aside her flowing mane. “As if they would return the act of generosity, or treat my magic well!”

“Count me out, I don’t want to help them!” Kindness batted her eyes at them turning her back

“Me too, I don’t want to help!” Honesty stomped her hooves.

I watched as she tried to plead with us. I watched her throw herself down to make us see reason. But how could we? Laughing, Generosity and kindness began to make fun of her, Kindness striking at her. Using her element, she kept Magic from attacking back. Humbling her to take it. Though after a while she was overpowered by Magic’s magic, the purple sparkled maned alicorn pinned her down. Her eyes filled with tears.
“There is nothing wrong with them! Especially these two sisters! Who will keep balance!” she spouted angrily. The element began to shine a purple hue, her eyes growing blank.

“Please! Stay with me! Stay sane!”

The words passed through my head as I looked away, I heard Twilight’s inner pleas. The element of Laughter, allowing me to peer into the mind of another to seek for their happiness; I could only wonder, just who the mare she wanted sane. Hearing gasps; I turned my head and noticed Kindness gone Magic straightened herself and walked to Loyalty, her eyes half lidded and gazing to the ground.

“N-no!” Honesty charged at Magic, Generosity following after her. Taking a swing at Magic, Honesty missed completely and stumbled forward. Magic took advantage of this, and quickly struck at her side knocking her down. Just as Magic was about to banish off Honesty, Generosity jumped at her screaming.

“Keep your dirty hooves off of her! She is mine!” she growled and began to attack her. Her blows a lot stronger than you’d think. I couldn’t take the scene and casted my power to Generosity. She threw herself to the floor and began to cry. “What’s the use…” she said drained of her happiness, “what’s the use…” Magic glanced at me, smiling in gratitude and quickly banished off Generosity and Honesty.

“Please… Stay, don’t leave me.”

The words echoed through my head, who is she referring to? “P-please don’t!” I was shaken to reality by Loyalty, who had taken my side shaking wildly. She attempted to cast her magic on Magic, but was blocked. Before I even processed the scene, Loyalty was overtaken by Magic and soon she too was gone. Only Magic and I were left standing.

“You won’t try to beg me to stop?” I shook my head I couldn’t stop her, but I didn’t want to die. She just smiled softly, letting the tears fall from her eyes and down her cheeks. Throwing back her crackling and waving rainbow decorated mane, she twitched from the pain of the magic seeping into her. Because she was the incarnation of Magic, she did not have to worry about having to take in too much magic. She could take in as much as she could, though that didn’t mean it did not hurt. I just stayed silent, watching her weakly trot towards me. “I’m sorry… I wish we could have been together… all of us. Happy. Being able to overcome many obstacles.” I hope to be reborn again, to talk and enjoy life with them. My wish to make them smile, hoping we don’t ever have to worry about something like this. But I couldn’t tell her that.

“I can hear them you know… Loyalty wishes to be the best and strongest, so that she could never succumb to discarding us again… she wishes to be the strongest pillar to keep us up…” her laugh held a tone of wear and tear, sounding as if she were close to tears. “Generosity wishes to be gallant, so she wouldn’t ever be bribed. So nothing could ever catch her attention, and instead have more to give than take. Kindness wants to take back everything, her weakness to let words get to her. She wants to be understanding. Honesty, she wants to keep us together, to be the rope that will link us all together. A wise mother and guide… I just wish… I knew what you want.” I only looked her in the eyes, my gaze never stifling from her; processing if this were true or not. “We will still be alive, in a tree of harmony. Bearing gifts to the bearers of our future, caring for harmony and keeping it.” I paid no attention to her words, my mind blanked by the thought of the wishes. They all had such hopes for a future that wasn’t there.

“Laughter,” she called to my attention. I blinked back to reality and noticed her just inches away from my own. “Laughter,” she called again, “maybe you wish to have a voice, to finally speak your mind and use it to further accomplish your element; but you have. Even without a voice, you speak with the joy you bring.” Magic began to glow a purple hue, her horn growing brighter as her eyes blanked into shinning white. “If we are reborn, I want you to be happy and talking. So we can finally know what you truly want.” I want my friends…

I want friendship in a world of harmony.

Author's Note:

Boom suddenly depression and gloom. Oh discord, you ass.
Constructive criticism welcomed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment