• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 292 Views, 1 Comments

Chronicles of a madpony - Sugarcubes



Read these stories and understand what they say. Look into the hidden meaning behind the ravings of a pony once famous for his advances in dream magic and science.

  • ...
 1
 292

Chapter 2 - The late Dewdrop

It had been several years before any of us noticed something was amiss with our friend, Dewdrop. It started innocently enough, with him staying up a little bit later to practice his new-found religion. None of us noticed the changes in him because they were miniscule, at first that is. The big, noticable changes came after his second year of practicing that new-found religion which he so fervently followed.

His coat paled and became raffled because of his infrequent visits to the outside world and his obvious non-existant grooming habits. His eyes became hollow and empty and he interacted with the world less and less. As his friend I naturally became worried at this, wondering what was going on with my once so good and healthy friend.

It has been three years since I've seen him, now I find myself walking towards a door that I scarcely remember. The door has been painted black as well as the rest of his house, why he chose this colour I have no idea, but it probably has to do with his now practiced religion. He never spoke of us of the things that he did for his new religion, which only served to worry me more.

I breathed in deeply and knocked at the door, more than a little nervous after such a long time. What was I to say? What was I to do? I waited at the door for a few seconds, waiting for an answer from the other side. Nothing came. I knocked on the door again, becoming a little nervous. I'm not sure what it was, but there seemed to be something dark around me all the time. A feeling of imminent danger came over me when there was no answer for the next minute. I resolved to knocking loudly, hoping that that would work.

I had knocked on the door a total of seven times, when it swung open.

“It wasn't locked?”

I muttered to myself, taking my first step into, what I later realized, was a bad mistake. I walked into the living room, finding it empty besides a black colored book on the table. The book was vaguely familiar, but I paid it no mind for the time being.

I walked upstairs next, hoping to find Dewdrop in his bed or study, but he was nowhere to be found. I wondered if he had perhaps gone outside. But his door was unlocked. I waited a few seconds, trying to think of other places in the house where he could be. That's when I heard it. A murmer of voices.

I felt fear grip my heart and all my senses were telling me to get the hay out of there, but I didn't run away. I needed to know if Dewdrop was safe, I just had to know. We had been such good friends in the years before he found that new religion, I didn't want to lose him now.

The murmer of voices came from the basement, so I made my way there, not knowing that I was about to make the most traumatic mistake in my life. The murmer was louder now that I'd opened the door to the basement, loud enough for me to make out words now.

“ZI – KI-YA – KAN-PA. ZI – AN-NA – KAN-PA”

I hadn't heard any of those words before, but they filled me with a powerful sense of dread. Still I continued down the stairs, the voices getting louder the closer I got to the door at the bottom. But that door was new, made of metal with only a very small opening at the very bottom of it. I knocked on the door, hoping that somebody would answer me.

“Dewdrop? It's me!” I said out loud, hoping that Dewdrop would answer me.

But the only thing that greeted me was more of the strange chanting.
“ZI – DIIN– GIR – KI-YA – KAN-PA
ZI – DIIN – GIR – AN-NA – KAN-PA”

I didn't speak again, for I had no idea what to say. That language, it sounded absolutely ancient and yet...

I seemed to recognize it.

The voices continued even through my now frantic knocking on the door

“HEAR US, OH MARDUK! COME TO US BY THE POWERS OF THE WORD DUG-GA, AND ANSWER OUR URGENT PRAYER!”

I don't know what came over me, but I tried to open the door by any means neccessary now. I tried the chair on the side of the door and smashed it against the door, it opened very slightly. But it was enough for me to smash it open now. I forced the door open to see what was inside.

And I lost my mind.

There were several beings in the room, I say being because it was obvious they were not any kind of pony. Some had heads of what was called human, some had claws where their hooves would obviously be and even some seemed like a parody on nature itself. Everyone of these creatures was clothed completely in black robes and held the same symbol on their hand or other appendages, the same symbol that was on the black book in the living room. .

But what was the worst? Is the remains I looked upon in the middle of the room. It took me a few seconds to process what I saw, but when I realized what I saw I screamed. I ran upstairs, I ran out of the door, I got as far away from that house as I could.

For what I saw on the floor, was a pile of organs, coat and blood with a single eye poking out of the top of the pile. And that eye?

That was all that was left of the late Dewdrop.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment