• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 239 Views, 0 Comments

Letters to Crystal - Bluetree650



Crystal is dead. Her friends, along with what little family she has left, are distraught. Listen in as those affected by Crystal's passing write her letters.

  • ...
 0
 239

epilogue

1


Cheery Days walked along the road to Hoofinton. She knew her father was following her. He’d taught her well, but she could barely tell his presence behind one of those trees. Although she wished he’d grow a pair of balls and ask her what’s wrong.

Although she couldn’t blame him. She did just cut down two trees at once and pronounce to the world “I am so angry I could choke a new born bunny”

She continued to walk along, her father always one or two steps behind. Suddenly there was a pop and a scroll sealed with the royal stamp appeared, but the stamp itself was blue, not red.

Cheery opened it.

Dear Cheery Days

I’ve tried to send you a letter for months now, but writing with my left hoof is really hard.
I have listened to all your misgivings and I am distraught. There is nothing I can do about it and I wish you wouldn’t blame yourself or me for the situation you are in. I am not mad that you forced me to Canterlot Castle, I am not mad that I am dead, even after the Great Faust took my right arm for killing twenty innocent, I am not mad.
Do you know why?
Because here with the Great Faust, I live in peace. All of my family are here, and I’ve never been closer to Cross in my entire life.
Please, though you might feel betrayed by Celestia or whomever, trust me. You are in for some good luck.
Now go to your father’s side, shed tears in his coat and let go of everything except your memories. You must learn from those.
Cheery Days, you are a kind soul blessed with a cursed life. Be happy knowing that though you lost your child, you still have what you have.
Ponies love you, Cheery, and they worry.
I must go now, but I wish to impose something on you. Even though it is not my place I wish for you to start a big sister foundation. One to bring light into little colts and fillies lives. LIke I had Twilight, I want others to have one that they can lean on.
Please.

Your friend, Crystal Agate

The scroll ended. Cheery read it twice, three times. She was so distracted that her father was able to tackle her to the ground.

The two made up, and life went on.

2


Hendricks Needle sat at his desk reading patient files and marking cures.

Throughout his time living his dream, he’d noticed a reason why Earth ponies made better doctors despite their lack in a horn.

With a unicorn it’s quick and done, sure that’s good for looks, but when an Earth pony tends to someone, the experience is more personal. Touch is one of the strongest of the five senses and is one used to create deep connections. An Earth pony might take more time, but they grow bonds with their methods, ones of deep trust, so when the tough decisions like surgery come around, ponies are easier to sway.

This is a fact that bugs him, and he has looked into every single book made by the Agates, learning their ways and trying to implement them with his own, to create those bonds he desires.

Suddenly there was a pop and laying on top of The Magic of Touch was a scroll with a blue seal.

Opening it, it read

Dear Hendricks Needle

I have watched you from another plane of existence, and with permission from the Great Faust, I have been given liberty to communicate with you.

I can see you have my mother’s job, and I am thankful. You are the one pony besides Cross I would elect into that position. Congratulations on making your dream come true.

I wanted to tell you that I don’t blame you for what happened. Like Twilight said, it would come out eventually, so even if you held your tongue, either I or Twilight wouldn’t.

Your Friend

Crystal Agate

Hendricks looked at the scroll, again and again. Had he been contacted by a dead filly? And who was this Great Faust?

Completely forgetting his mission to influence his doctor style, he ran to the libraries.

3


Abra clutched Gentle. She had just run over a mile through Crystal Park and couldn’t breath right. She wheezed and coughed, but couldn’t breath. It scared Gentle greatly and she rocked the filly, worry coating the roof of her mouth like molasses .

Thank the goddesses, after a while Abra got her breathing under control, but it scared Gentle enough that she planned to take her to the doctor later.

“Don’t scare me like that again, Abra,” Gentle said nuzzling Abra’s forehead.

“I don’t know what happened, I… just wanted to run, around and around, then my lungs seized up. I… I’m sorry!” Abra cried.

The ever patient Gentle held the filly close. She had been seeing her for nearly a year now, and is set on living her own childhood through her.

Suddenly there was a pop and Abra screamed. Gentle wrapped the filly in a wing before plucking the letter from mid air.

“It’s for you, Abra?” she said, opening her wing.

“What? A letter?”

Gentle looked towards the bottom, her eyes widening. “Abra, you have to read this.”

`Abra plucked the letter, much like Gentle plucked hers, and read.

Dear Abra Kadabra

I’m dreadfully sorry that I put you through this, Abra, my friend forever. I tried to send you letter after letter, but the Great Faust rejected every single one.

FInally she let me write one to everypony that has sent me letters, and yours was the first one I wrote.

Your story about Peach brought me to tears, even my sister, Cross wept. I’ve actually gotten the privilege to meet Peach. She’s a lovely filly, and I made quick friends with her.

Hey… Peach… give me a second.

ABRA! IT’s PEACHY!

No, Peach, don’t write in all caps.

Sorry, Crystal, Abra! I’m with Crystal right now, and she’s a reaaaallllly cool pony, her sister’s reeeeeaaallly kind too! She was the one that greeted me to the Great Faust’s plane.

I’ve been watching you, Silly, and I don’t like seeing you cry! It makes me Cry, it makes Crystal Cry. I don’t like it when Crystal cries.

May I Peach?

Of coarse Crystal! You’re a lot better with words than I am. IF anyone could cheer Abra up, it’d be you for sure.

Abra, it’s Crystal again.

Death isn’t an end. When we die, and I need you to keep this a secret, please, I had to beg the Great Faust to let me tell you, it’s just a transition to a different place, like a portal. I'm in a different plane of existence, but I can still keep an eye on you.

Abra, everytime I see you cry, I cry, Peach cries. I want you to be happy. You have Gentle by your side, and I’m sure she doesn’t like to see you cry.

Please, Abra, point your chin to the sky and stop dragging yourself through the endless bog of sadness. Let Gentle pull you out, like she did when you fell out of my tree.

Also, you do not bring death to everyone around you. Trust me.

You are my friend forever Abra, and hold that fact close to your heart. Please.

Your best friend

Crystal Agate

AND PEACHY! i’M A BETTER FRIEND AND ALL THAT JIZZ

That’s enough Peach, you’re ruining the moment.

ABRA! DON’T STOP WRITING TO ME! i LOVE READING YOUR LETTERS!

Oh, whatever, please Abra, continue to write. I love reading your letters most.

Abra looked at Gentle, her warm wing suddenly there, and she sniffed.

“You hear that ya old crybaby, your friends want you to stop beating yourself up.”

Abra cried, she finally let all her pent up emotion loose. When she stopped crying. She smiled.

4


Twilight lived in ponyville now. The everlasting night had been defeated and she was having wondrous times with her new friends. They help distract her when she’s down and lift her higher when she’s happy. She couldn’t imagine a world without them.

Although, another pony rarely leaves her mind. Twilight told her friends about her and they cried too.

Now she walked home, half a cake resting in her magic, she let out a loud yawn, not caring who heard. Casually she grabbed her mail, not noticing the rolled scroll with a blue seal, and headed inside.

“Spike!” Twilight shouted after slamming the door, “you forgot to get the mail again!”

“Sorry Twilight! I was busy organizing all the books in the library. Did you bring anything back from Pinkie’s party?”

“Yeah, half a cake, come grab some. You deserve it for being my number one assistant.” Twilight sighed as the baby dragon zipped by, claws grabbing the cake tin. “remember, Spike, use a fork and plate. Don’t just dig in like last time. That’s rude.”

“Okay Twilight, oh, can you check the mail! My new comic might have come in. Batmare Vs Super Mare. It’s gonna be a classic!”

“I’ll check,” Twilight headed upstairs, a bundle of mail floating along.

She reached her room, sighed again, and turned on the light. The first thing she was greeted with was a scroll, floating in front of her, blue seal instead of red.

Curious, she settled on her bed, turned on her light and broke the seal.

Dear Big Sister

You’re so mean big sis! I waited for a full year to find out your address and you left Canterlot! How could you?

Putting that aside. HI!!!!!!!!!

iT’S BEEN SO LONG!!!!

I’ve read everyone of your letters twice, no, three times, no, I lost count!

Now that I got that out of the way, I’ve finally gotten the Great Faust to let me reply and I'm so happy to tell you to stop worrying about me. I’m super happy here in the Great Faust’s plane. She made it from the remnants of a long forgotten one created by a planeswalker named Sarra.

I don’t know the details. The Great Faust only told me so much, but she did give me permission to tell you everything I know! Big Sis, the Great Faust likes you. She tells me that you will have a promising future and I can’t wait to see what that entails!

I’ve been dying to tell you this every since your last letter, I love you! I have Cross and, I’ll admit, I love her more, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you! You helped me grow from Cross’s death, you teached me how to have fun, that there’s times for study and times to climb a tree. I love you for that Big Sis!

Okay, next is the bad news, well, kind of bad news. When I first arrived at the Great Faust’s plane, I was judged, and I didn’t pass, but the Great Faust took pity on me since I was just a filly. She could have taken my life for my sins, but she only took my right arm. It took a long time to get used to walking again, and an even longer time to write this letter, but with Cross and my Aunt Ginger by my side, I made it.

Twilight, the Great Faust is looking over my shoulder now so I need to end this. I will beg to write to you again, but until then, enjoy my little gift.

My Aunt Ginger is a sculptor and could make exact replicas of the pony body, so she made me a little model of myself, one arm and all!

It’s my gift to you.

Thank you Big Sister.

Your LIttle Sister

Crystal Agate

Twilight felt tears blink at her eyes. She slowly lifted the box and saw the same blue seal. Taking a deep breath she broke it.

The whole thing fell apart leaving behind a smiling, one armed, Crystal.

Twilight let out a loud sob, clutching the well made model to her chest, a smile on her face.

5


Celestia sat on her throne, the last of the Court’s guests just left and she was preparing to partake in a simple slice of cheesecake while looking at her sister’s moon.

It was a nightly ritual she’d made after the first hundred years of Luna’s banishment, and it helps her feel in touch with her sister. She tells her everything happening in her life, even though Luna could never hear her.

When she rested on her balcony, plate in hoof, a pop appeared to her left.

At first she thought it was another of Twilight’s friendship reports, but when she saw the green seal, her heart stopped.

“Mom?” she said before her brain could stop.

Slowly she lowered the cake and took the letter in her grip, feeling its seal like one might a gravestone.

It read

Dear my foolish daughter

I have the last Agate in my Plane. She looked miserable in front of me, tears soaking her fur and she needed a bath. I know you killed her, Celestia, I watched it.

I want to say that I’m disappointed in you for not trying to protect this filly, and, as you know, I can see the futures of others, and as I thought, and yourself, she was going to live a great life. Creating music, easing souls with her proud trumpet. She’d make powerful friends in Abra Kadabra and Peach Days. The three would create the first Dixeland Band with the help of another yet to be born.

Your decision was correct though, and I’m proud that you are now over your nightmares with Hazel Eyes.

I apologize for not writing, but I’ve sent a lot of letters for young Crystal, she’s so hard to resist with her one arm. She’s a very strong filly, the will of an ox I swear. And then I had to teleport a model to your student Twilight Sparkle. Just so you know, if it had been anyone else I would have refused.

Anyway, you should be proud of your new Head Surgeon. He uncovered the murders of two Agates. Something you never even tried.

He tried to send Crystal a letter about it, but I pre read everything she gets so I threw them out. I let no sadness enter my realm unless it’s the fault of the receiver, but you should really give him a medal.

You know what. I’ll give him a medal.

I’ll be home in two months, let Luna know.

Your mother, The Great Faust

P.S. stop looking at the moon and spend time with your sister. You’re the reason she turned evil, you know.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment