• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 299 Views, 2 Comments

Everfree Spin Off - Cyberponychronics



Jay attends a Spin Off in Everfree Forest

  • ...
 2
 299

Episode 7: Everfree Spin Off

Jay carries the last box of wires to the stages.

Everything else is there already: the banners of the musicians, the 3.4 Subwoofers and of course the stages themselves.

He places the box down next to Vinyl and says: ''We did a great job, prepping up the stages and all. Only the musicians and everything is complete. Only two day left. let's go grab a drink.''

When the night of the Spin Off arrives, audience from all around Equestria show up and Jay, wearing black sunglasses and a cap with the text 'Boston' on it stands on the middle stage, which is called the announcement stage.

As everypony is inside Jay grabs the mic and says: ''EEEY FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS! WELCOME TO THE SIXTH ANNUAL EQUESTRIA SPIN OFF, WHERE THE SKILLS OF MUSICIANS ARE TESTED IN A BATTLE OF PURE GENRE AND SKILL! EVERY STAGE HAS IT'S MUSICIANS TURNING THEIR SPECIFIED GENRE! LET ME HEAR CHEERS FOR MICTHEMICROPHONE!''

The crowd cheers.

''I KNEW YOU'D LIKE HIM. BUT CAN YOU MAKE IT THUNDER FOR GLAZE AND THE LIVING TOMBSTONE! THEY'LL BE WORKING TOGETHER TODAY!''

Cheers and whistles come from everywhere, sounding like thunder.

''BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! SHE'S BRAVE TO GET HERE, HOPING TO OUTPLAY HER FRIEND WITH CLASSICAL! MARES AND GENTLECOLTS, OCTAVIA MELODY!''

Again a lot of cheers.

''NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE! SHE'LL TURN THE TABLES LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW, LET ME HEAR THE THUNDER FOR VINYL SCRATCH!''

Again, there's a thunderstorm of cheering.

''BUT YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER HUH? NO WE GOT TWO MORE CONTESTANTS! HE'S NEW TO PONYVILLE, BUT HE'S DEFINITELY NOT NEW TO TURNTABLES! MARES AND GENTLECOLTS, JAY THE CYBERPONY!''

He receives the most cheers, while he raises his hoof.

''THAT'S ENOUGH! NOW THE LAST CONTESTANT...UH...DJ CHAOS?''

Everyone looks around, only to see a monstrous creature appearing above them. ''That would be me!''

Everyone shouts: ''DISCORD!''

But Jay laughs and says: ''CALM YOUR MANES, EVERYPONY! IT'S JUST DISCORD, IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S AN ARMY OF PARASPRITES OR SOMETHING!''

That helps.

Everypony sits down and listens to Jay.

''WELL LET'S MAKE IT A NICE NIGHT EVERYPONY! FIRST COMPETITION IS GLAZE AND TLT VERSUS MICTHEMICROPHONE! WITHIN TWENTY MINUTES THEY'LL SHOW UP ON ANNOUNCEMENT STAGE TO BEGIN! DON'T WORRY GUYS! IT'S NOT A KNOCK-OUT BATTLE! IT'S ABOUT RACKING UP POINTS, GIVEN BY THE AUDIENCE! THE WINNER IS THE PONY WITH THE MOST POINTS WHEN THE CLOCK HITS 1 O'CLOCK AM! GET SPINNIN'!''

It's around 10:34 PM when Jay comes on Announcement Stage.

''YO EVERYPONY! WE'RE HALFWAY THROUGH THIS YEARS SPIN OFF AND I AM ANNOUCENING HALFWAY RESULTS! ON LAST PLACE IS DJ CHAOS, NEXT IS MICTHEMICROPHONE, FOLLOWED BY GLAZE AND TLT! JAY THE CYBERPONY IS THIRD WITH VINYL SCRATCH ON SECOND! THAT MEANS THAT OCTAVIA MELODY IS FIRST IN THE HALFWAY MILESTONE! CONGRATULATIONS OCTAVIA! TRY AND KEEP STAYING ON TOP! ONLY TWO MORE SPIN OFFS! OCTAVIA MELODY VERSUS VINYL SCRATCH, FOLLOWED BY ME VERSUS VINYL! AND THAT'S WHAT YOU ALL CAME FOR, RIGHT?''

Everyone cheers again.

Octavia tunes her Cello while Vinyl does a sound check.

Octavia says to Vinyl: ''This is it. Time to see who Is the best of the two of us. Classic against Dubstep.''

Jay counts down to zero and when he swings his hoof down, a power of Classic and Dubstep rages on the stage. They both try to outplay each other, and doing so they get surrounded by light.

Vinyl gets surrounded by the blue aura of Dubstep, while Tavi gets surrounded by the red aura of Classic.

The auras collide, giving an extreme light show of music and power.

After they're done Jay walks up between them. ''LET'S SEE THEIR SCORE!''

Jay looks on his telephone. ''NO WAY! IT'S A TIE WITH BOTH 94 POINTS! AMAZING!''

The crowd cheers.

''THAT MEANS THAT VINYL HAS TO OUTPLAY ME TO WIN FROM TAVI! GIVE THEM ALL A CHEER!''

Cheering.

''AROUND 12 AM, THE LAST BATTLE BETWEEN ME AND VINYL WILL PLAY! BUT THIS ONES DIFFERENT! WE ARE ALLOWED TO PICK ONE OF THE OTHER CONTESTANTS TO ASSIST US! THEY HAVE A PART OF THE POINTS! I'LL ANNOUNCE THE COUPLES!''

Once again Jay looks on his phone.

''VINYL AND TAVI, VERSUS ME AND...CHAOS?''

Discord cheers. ''Yes, he chose me! He's a real friend.''

Jay rolls his eyes.

Since Jay came to Ponyville, he hang around Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash a lot.

One day, while helping Fluttershy out with her animals, Jay saw Discord for the first time.

Knowing that Discord is an outcast, Jay quickly became friends with him.

Their activities were mostly hiking and pranking random ponies with air horns.

They laughed a lot together.

And the air horns weren't Discord's idea.

''How'd you get into my Samsung? It may be a bit damaged, but it's magic protected.''

''I got in your Samsung? Remember, you tagged me when you weren't paying attention. What is a Samsung anyway?''

Jay remembers being busy with Vinyl, but he didn't recall tagging Discord in his Samsung.

''I thought I tagged Glaze and TLT, when I was busy with Vinyl. I don't recall tagging anyone though.''

Discord rolls his eyes. ''Whatever. You know my genre, right?''

''Yeah, Multi Genre. You play different styles.''

Then Jay understands what Discord is saying.

MictheMicrophone walks up the stage. ''MARES AND GENTLECOLTS! THE LAST SPIN OFF IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! IT'S TEAM CLASSTEP VERSUS TEAM ELECTROTRAP! WHOEVER SCORES THE HIGHEST, WINS A POINT MULTIPLIER OF THREE TIMES! THAT MEANS THAT THE TABLES CAN BE TURNED, FIGURATIVELY!''

Everyone laughs and cheers for their team.

''BEGIN!''

Both team start of slow, but soon Jay turns on some quicker Trap and makes a sick drop.

Vinyl and Tavi struggle to get a sick drop, but they manage to pull one off.

But their little victory is broken when Jay and Discord are surrounded by green and yellow auras, followed by the blue and red auras of Vinyl and Tavi. They all work hard, until,

Over the period of playing, Discord becomes bored and after a while he snaps his fingers to end it, by breaking Vinyl's turntable.

Everyone one is shocked, and Discord laughs his lungs out.

But Jay is furious. ''DISCORD!''

''What? That was fun, don't be such a hard head, Jay.''

''Discord, snapping your fingers to break your opponents turntable is not fair. Look at Vinyl. LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!''

As Discord looks at Vinyl, he sees that she's crying and Tavi is trying to comfort her, together with Jay.

Mic is confused. ''Um, did you win, Jay?''

In a furious rush, Jay grabs the Samsung and the microphone and says: ''MARES AND GENTLECOLTS! BECAUSE OF CHEATING BY USING MAGIC AGAINST THE OPPONENT, DJ CHAOS, A MEMBER OF TEAM ELECTROTRAP IS DISQUALIFIED, AND IS NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE THE MULTIPLIER POINTS!''

Jay then uses his magic to repair Vinyl's turntable.

''MEANING THAT TEAM CLASSTEP WILL RECEIVE THE MULTIPLIER AND THAT MEANS...''

He pauses for the dramatic effect.

''...THAT OCTAVIA MELODY IS THE WINNER OF TODAY, TOGETHER WITH VINYL SCRATCH!''

Everypony cheers as Vinyl and Tavi receive their price from Jay.

''Congratulations, you've earned it.''

After the Spin Off, when everyone, except Tavi, Vinyl and Jay are home, Jay says: ''Hey Vinyl, I'm sorry for what Discord did. I hope I fixed your Turntable.''

Then both Tavi and Jay are surprised when Vinyl says: ''It's okay. You fixed not only my turntable, but also my sanity by giving me the first price, together with Tavi. Clearly it was to teach that Discord dude a lesson, right?''

Jay nods. ''You should never cheat on competitive events. What am I saying? You should never cheat!''

And they laugh as they break down the stages...

Next Episode: Rarity's romantic takeover

Author's Note:

The real life Reference. As you may know, Jay is original a Human called Jamy Legend, who had a Samsung Smartphone. And a quick backstory in Equestria, Jay established WiFi connection in Equestria.

Longest Episode So far!

Comments ( 2 )

The prequel story isn't out yet, due to submission hold. It's not through approval yet.

I'll give the password for you guys to read it asap

6288972 Found the password! It's Pootis, so be sure to check the prequel out before reading this one!

Login or register to comment