• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 399 Views, 0 Comments

Super Helpful Pony Heroes - The_Light_Is_Dying



The Cutie Mark Crusaders decide to become superhero helpers and help ponies around town. However, things don't always go as planned.

  • ...
 0
 399

The Super Helpful Pony Heroes Help the Citizens of Ponyville

"Guys, I want to go home. It's outrageously humid out here, and I'm bored." Sweetie Belle yawned, brushing her curly pink and purple mane. Apple Bloom, one of Sweetie's dearest friends, sighed, and Scootaloo, her second friend, just moaned. The temperature was over ninety degrees at LEAST, and Apple Bloom couldn't blame Sweetie Belle. The shade of just a small tree wasn't enough. Even the tree was withering away at the heat. Apple Bloom sighed again, and fiddled her hooves. There was nothing to do, and even if they did find something to do, they probably wouldn't be able to do it because it would be too hot.

Apple Bloom glanced around. Nothing interesting was happening anywhere near her. "Y'all can go home, ya know. It's just too hot ta do anythin' really." Apple Bloom said, gesturing for her friends to leave and get out of the heat. Scootaloo moaned again, this time in teasing anger at her friend, and Sweetie Belle shook her head. Apple Bloom was shocked. Why wouldn't they want to get out of the terrible heat?

"No way! It's too hot for you to be alone! Besides, we just got here like, what was it Scootaloo? Five minutes ago? Maybe ten?" Sweetie Belle asked. Scootaloo held up her hoof to show them how many minutes they had been there, but realized she didn't have fingers and had to talk. Scootaloo really, really didn't like to talk to anyone in the heat. It made it grumpy, grouchy, and in an overall bad mood. She was surprised she was even hanging out with her sweaty pony pals.

"Um...well...I guess we were here for ten minutes, but it feels longer since it's so hot. And it's only ten if you count the five minute walk we took to get here, but if you want to know the time we spent actually being HERE, then it's only been five minutes. I mean, I guess it could be--" Scootaloo couldn't help herself. Once she started chatting, she couldn't STOP talking. She was a huge jabber-jaws, and her friends weren't afraid to tell her.

"Yeah yeah, thanks Scoots. We've only been here for five minutes, and you want us to leave? What type of friend ARE you?" Sweetie Belle laughed teasingly, but everyone else thought it was just too hot to laugh. Even Apple Bloom, who usually enjoyed Sweetie Belle's dry sense of humor, just couldn't imagine herself laughing in one hundred degree heat with only the shade of a withered old tree. Apple Bloom glanced around. She saw a little peak of orange and red, but quickly did a double take.

"Guys! It's mah sister and mah brother! They're back with the new air conditioner! We're SAVED!" Apple Bloom screamed, hearing relieved cheers from her friends. Applejack nodded at the Cutie Mark Crusaders that the A/C was put in. Apple Bloom galloped to the doors of their small barn-style house. She was followed by her slightly slow friends. They weren't usually slow, but the heat sucked the living juice out of everyone and everything.

As soon as the friends settled down in cool bean bag chairs, they were hit with an instant cooling wave. From the window, Big Macintosh waved at them, signaling he had just turned on the air conditioner. "Whew-ee! I was worried we'd get our cutie marks in sweating, huh girls?" Sweetie Belle said. Now, Apple Bloom laughed at the corny joke. The cold air was so refreshing that Apple Bloom could laugh at some things now. And Scootaloo was no longer moaning and grumpy, too!

"So, now that we're relived from our withered states, whatcha wanna do?" Scootaloo finally said, asking the unbearable question they had been avoiding for so long. None of them had a clue what they could play.

"We could, try n' get our cutie marks?" Apple Bloom suggested. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo shook their heads.

"No, we do that every day. I want to do something different." Scootaloo said.

"We could play dress up?" Sweetie Belle suggested, recalling a memory Rarity had told her about.

"Nope, ah'm not a pony that likes bein' all fancy and stuff." Apple Bloom complained. Sweetie Belle sighed. Was Apple Bloom ever going to loosen up?

"How about we play super helpful superheroes and help everypony in town?" Scootaloo suggested happily.

"Now that, my orange pal, is an amazing idea!" Sweetie Belle replied, nodding in a quite sophisticated manner. Apple Bloom giggled lightly. She had to agree; Sweetie Belle could make the most simple of things hilariously fun! Scootaloo's quiet chuckle turned into a full blown guffaw when she heard Apple Bloom chortle even louder.

"Alright y'all. Quit chortlin' and gigglin' and guffawin' and let's play!" Apple Bloom ordered. Sweetie Belle saluted, chuckling slightly. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom ran off to prepare themselves to be super helpful pony heroes! Apple Bloom grabbed a red towel and a mask she once wore during Nightmare Night. "Ah will call mahself...AMAZIN' APPLE BLOOM!!!" Apple Bloom flashed a superhero pose, and went to help her friends.

Scootaloo cut an old hat Apple Bloom had given her into a mask and used a matching pink towel. "Let's see...what could I name myself...how about Super Scootaloo? Yeah! I will be known as SUPER SCOOTALOO!!!" Scootaloo said, flapping her wings. She quickly remembered that she couldn't fly quite yet and fell. Sweetie Belle, still dressing as a superhero, pushed Scootaloo's scooter beneath her. They had laid their things in the house before they had left to sit and wither away in the heat.

Sweetie Belle quickly tied a purple towel around her neck and fastened her own Nightmare Night mask on her face and posed like a superhero. "I want to be called Super Sweetie! Oh, wait, Scootaloo is also known as Super...maybe I'll just be called Silly Sweetie, the hero of all dry humor and corny jokes!" Sweetie said, rolling her eyes in ways Apple Bloom and Scootaloo never thought possible. They laughed hard, but sometimes worried if Sweetie's hijinks were medically safe.

"And together...we are..." Scootaloo said, following Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle in posing like a superhero.

"THE SUPER HELPFUL PONY HEROES!!!" The Cutie Mark Crusaders said together. They jumped out the door into the heat, but they didn't worry about it being so humid and hot. They were refreshed and recharged, and they were ready to save the day! They bounced into town, ready to face any danger that gets in their way of helping citizens of Ponyville!

"Hey, look! Sparkler over there is struggling with a heavy package! Let's help her." Sweetie Belle said, pointing to the magenta unicorn. She was, in fact, holding a heavy box, and fortunately, she did look like she was struggling to hold the package. The Super Helpful Pony Heroes leaped into the save the day!

"Don't ya worry, Sparkler! We'll help ya with that package!" Apple Bloom said, as the three of them began to lift the package off the shoulders of a very shocked Sparkler. They carried the box for a little ways, but saw a pedestrian and backed up. In the process, they dropped the box, and it popped open. Little colorful glass pieces fell out.

"Oh no! That vase was for my Aunt Glitter! You broke it!" Sparkler said, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders swore they saw little tears brimming in her eyes. "It-it's okay. I-I'll just get her some t-tulips, those are the o-only flowers she isn't a-all-allergic to." Sparkler said, smiling sadly at the girls. They looked at each other. They felt absolutely awful.

"Do ya want us ta help ya clean--" Apple Bloom began.

"No, no, you three, you've done enough." Sparkler said, her voice full of irritation. The three friends looked at each other, and walked away for a very angry Sparkler. Apple Bloom looked down. She had heard about Sparkler's aunt being very sick. Scootaloo looked up at the clouds, a bit angry that they hadn't helped but instead made matters worse. Sweetie Belle watched where she was trotting, being careful of any stray pieces of glass from the vase that could have scattered where they were walking.

"I can't believe it. We weren't being heroes. We just made Sparkler's day even worse." Sweetie Belle said sadly. The three settled down on a bench.

"Ah know. Ah feel so bad." Apple Bloom said, remembering about Sparkler's aunt.

"I wish we could do something that could actually help someone." Scootaloo said. Suddenly, the three heard a screech and a cheer for help. The Cutie Mark Crusaders leaped up and ran to the source of the voice, Rarity.

"Sis! Er, m'am...what's wrong?" Sweetie Belle asked. She and her friends glanced at each other, and smiled.

"Oh! Heroes! Just what I need! My cat Opalesense has ran off. Can you please find her?" Rarity asked, batting her long eyelashes at the friends. They looked at each other. A real emergency: a place where heroes were needed for real! The friends huddled and did a secret high five, and agreed to find Opal. Suddenly, a flash of white ran from them. It hid under the bench.

"She's not coming out, guys. I think we screwed this one up too." Scootaloo sighed, giving up. Sweetie Belle knew Opal, and remembered she hid a mouse toy in her saddle bag. She quickly grabbed it, and held it out. Opal came out and grabbed the toy. Rarity rushed over and grabbed her beloved cat.

"Thank you, uh, 'masked mystery heroes'!" Rarity said, hugging her cat tightly.

"All in a day's work for the SUPER HELPFUL PONY HEROES!!!" The Cutie Mark Crusaders leaped into the air and high fived.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment