• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 3,251 Views, 287 Comments

Changeling See, Changeling D'OH! (Comment-Driven Story) - Kersey475



You are a changeling stranded in the Everfree Forest after the failed assault on Canterlot. What should you do? What shenanigans will ensue? YOU DECIDE!

  • ...
9
 287
 3,251

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Night at the Museum (Manehattan Mysteries Arc Part 4)

MidnightFMare

As you and your party enter the museum in the dead of night with Trixie and Rarity providing unicorn horn light and you with your night-vision Multi-Vision Goggles, you realize something,

"Wait a minute."

"What?" the group asks you simultaneously.

"In case things goes wrong, we need a plan in case the cops show up. Fluttershy, you and Babs are the hardest to notice in a crowd so use that to help lose the cops."

"Why am I the hardest to notice?" Babs asks, furrowing her brow at you.

"Because you're short." You reply as-a-matter-of-factly, "Trixie and I will stick together, the two of us being partners the longest." you turn to Applejack and Applebloom, "You two are the strongest so you two are going to be the ones who, if worse comes to worse, will charge through the police, carving out a path like a pair of apple bowling balls through badge-wearing pins."

"But ah stink at bowling." Apple Bloom points out.

"In that case just stick close to your sis."

Applebloom salutes and Applejack shoots you a sour look or distrust, but eventually nods.

"What about moi, darling?" Rarity asks, fluttering her eyes.

"Uh... Flirt, I guess? Distraction? I don't know, you're really just a pretty face and you can't really do magic on Trixie's level. You're kind of the 'Aquamare' of the team."

Babs giggles at this and you hoof bump each other.

"Anyway, now that you know your roles, here's the whole emergency plan..."

ONE EXPLANATION LATER

"And that's the genius plan!" you finish, holding up the picture of the plan.

"Uhm... you did it again..." Fluttershy coughs nervously

"Did what?" you ask.

"Ya didn't say anything ya nitwit!!" Applejack yells under her breath.

You roll your eyes "Honestly! Do you need me to draw you a picture? Oh, wait, I did!" you snark, "Just follow my lead, and there's a 20% chance Applebloom won't need to learn prison rules."

"What's prison rules?"

"Well first off, don't drop the-" (1)

"OKAY! Let's get going, shall we?!" Trixie yells in an obvious attempt to change the subject.

Kichi comment

"Okay, let's divide so that we can cover more space..." you say, "Trixie, me, and the foals will be Alpha Squad while Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack will be Beta Squad."

"Why do I have to be in a separate group from mah sister?" Apple Bloom asks.

"The teams are like this so that both teams are more or less equally powerful with one half having a great and powerful magician, a veteran with a particular set of skills, and two foals while the other has half the Elements of Harmony."

Plus it keeps me away from Applejack. you mentally add.

"Now wait a doggone minute," Applejack says, "Who put you in charge?"

"Because I was the first one to start giving out plans and orders and noling-er-pony bothered to challenge me. Plus I'm the one wearing the cool goggles." you say pointing to your Multi-Vision Goggles.

"He does make a good point there, darling." Rarity adds.

"Alrighty then, let's catch that thief and clear our names!" you declare.

Nodding, the party splits into two teams and begins to search the museum. Alpha Squad finds itself in the Ancient Saddle Arabia exhibit when you suddenly feel a hoof on your back.

"What is it Trixie?" you ask.

"What are you talking about? Trixie didn't say anything." she responds from further ahead

"Then who was that?"

You both turn to see a groaning pony wrapped in bandages right behind you.

"Gaaahhh!!! THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY!" you and Trixie scream before bolting off when you hear two voices yell,

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS MUMMY CATCHERS, YAY!!!"

"Now's not the time!!!" you shout as you grab the fillies and run off.

"Let me at him, Mr. DeWitt!!! I wanna get my Cutie Mark in catching a mummy!" Babs protests.

5 MINUTES EARLIER

We see the elderly night guard of the museum walking out of the restroom reading a newspaper when suddenly he trips and falls into a stack of toilet paper rolls left behind by the janitor. Tangled and disoriented, the security guard stumbles around calling for help, but only groaning can be heard beneath the paper.

Suddenly he hears screaming which startles him into falling into an open sarcophagus that closes shut when he falls in. Trapped in an ancient coffin and covered in toilet paper he can only think,

I wonder if it's not too late to accept that job offer for Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange...

BACK TO YOU

"Okay... I think we lost it..." you pant as you catch your breath.

"Why'd ya do that Ritz? We could've gotten our Cutie Marks in Mummy Catching" Apple Bloom groans.

"Yeah, I don't think your sister would let me live if something happened to you girls... Anyway, where are we?" you ask as you look around and find yourself in the dinosaur exhibit.

BrownDog77 comment

You briefly believe that you see the giant Dinosaur Skeleton moving and looking at you, but when you turn to face it, it's all normal.

"Calm Down Ritz, get ahold of yourself." you mutter to yourself as your about to leave when you see Beta Squad enter your green-tinted night-vision view.

"Beta Squad, any luck?"

"No." Applejack respond.

"Alright, lets just head to the Forehoof Diamond display."

ONE SNEAKING IN MONTAGE LATER

We now find all of you in the room where the Forehoof Diamond is the centerpiece.

"If I were a thief, I'd come down through the skylights... I'll keep watch up top," you tell them as you use your changeling abilities to climb up the wall and onto the ceiling.

"Everypony else, stay hidden, and be ready," you call out.

SOME TIME LATER...

You've lost track of time as it feels like you've been waiting on the ceiling for hours. You're currently ronching on a sugarcube to stay awake when you hear a scraping noise from your elevated position.

"The heck is that?" you wonder.

Listening closely, you find the source as the above skylight, where a silhouette is seen cutting the window. You're about to call out to the others when you hear the thief muttering to herself,

"Alright girl, just hop in, get the loot, then it's off to Las Pegasus to meet with that Buggy Fence. He better come through with the goods..."

Buggy fence? you think to yourself, being caught off guard, Does she mean a changeling? Are there others still out there? Did the Queen escape?

Unfortunately during your musing, Rough Diamond was able to rope down obliviously past your hidden form and is approaching the glass case where the diamond is. Snapping out of it, leap out for her from the ceiling and tackle the burglar.

"Hold it, ya sneaky varmint!"

But unfortunately the others charge in too and soon you find yourselves in a jumbled dogpile. You lash out and headbutt the thief in your grasp with your Bowler and you hear a cry of pain, but she manages to throw out a smoke bomb and wriggle out of your hooves in the confusion. You quickly dive forward and tackle somepony.

"I got her, I got her!" you say as you start throttling the pony in your hooves.

"Let... go... please..." wheezes a mare's voice

Then all of a sudden, alarms are heard and all the lights turn back on, the smoke clears, and you see you are actually strangling Rarity.

"What the? How'd you get here?" you ask to the mare who is quickly turning blue.

"Let go of her ya dingbat!" yells Applejack, who is tangled up in the alarm strings.

"Oh, right," you say as you let her go.

"GGGYYYAAAAGGGHHH!!!" she gasps loudly before coughing.

"Sorry, sorry! I thought you were Rough-*pow*" you try to apologize when Rarity punches you in the throat.

"You brute! You nearly crushed my windpipe!" she snarls.

"Guess we're even now." you weakly manage to cough-snark while clutching your throat, "But where did Rough Diamond go?" you ask before pushing up your Multi-Vision Goggles (night vision's no good in the light) and looking around. Aside from everypony being tangled up, she's nowhere in sight.

"Freeze Dirt Bags!"

You all look around and see the Police surrounding you.

As everyone starts surrendering, and blaming your group for this robbery, you notice one of the mare cops has a bleeding nose,

"Her! It's her! She's Rough Diamond!" you accuse pointing at her.

The mare herself smiles and says.

"Well that's pathetic, permission to use the restroom sir?" she asks Chief Stablemaker.

"Permission granted, Officer Fluffles."

With a nod, "Fluffles" walks away.

"NO! IT'S HER! I SWEAR IT! Look, her cutie mark is even messed-*WHACK*"

You are interrupted by a hard smack to the back of your Bowler, making you fall to the ground.

"A likely story scum. Attempting to frame an officer of the law, 5 years dungeon..." comes a cold scary voice.

You gulp and look behind you and see Dread Judge in full armor giving you a death glare,

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" you yell as you close your eyes and brace yourself and throw down a Thundercloud Orb which creates a blinding flash of light and a deafening crack of thunder which stuns and disorients the police as a dark grey cloud fills the area. You quickly put on your Multi-Vision Goggles, set them to "Thermal Vision", grab as much of your group as you can, and bark,

"Initiate emergency plan now!"

"WHAT!" they yell.

Realizing that your group is still stunned from that Thundercloud Orb, you quickly use the cover of the cloud to move the group into a line with Applejack and Apple Bloom in front and push them yelling, "CHARGE!!!"

1 Thundercloud Orb
Remaining

Quickly understanding what you mean, Applejack and Apple Bloom charge forward and smash through a trio of stunned Policeponies with the rest of you following close behind them. Your party is making some distance between you and the cops but you realize,

That cloud should provide enough cover to lose those co-.

"HALT PUNK!"

"BUCK!" you scream as you realize that Dread Judge is charging in behind your party and closing in fast!

Gotta slow her down, but how- Oh hello there.

Spotting a button near the hallway entrance where you and your group is charging towards you yell,

"Aquila Talon!" and throw your hoof forward ejecting your hookblade into the button which causes the reinforced steel door to start collapsing. As your party blindly runs forward on instinct (still disoriented from the flashbang) you quickly stop to Force Pull a nearby trash can at the charging Dread. The trash can just bounces off her helmet without stopping her, but it disorients her just enough to allow you to quickly dive and slide under the closing door just as it slams shut-

*THUD*

And you look back to see a pony-shaped imprint in the reinforced steel door Dread just smashed into. Snickering vindictively, you turn back to the girls only to see them in a pile smushed against the wall.

"What happened here?" you ask as you deactivate and push up the Multi-Vision Goggles.

"Well somepony threw down a Thundercloud Orb and had us just charge forward while still blind and deaf." Trixie snarks as the mares get up.

"Yeah, how bout a little warning next time!" Babs agrees as the girls shake off their disorientation.

"Oh, sorry about that but we needed to lose that psycho fas-"

"LOCK DOWN THE MUSEUM! THE FUGITIVES ARE STILL IN THE BUILDING!" you hear Chief Stablemaker declare.

"D'oh!" you exclaim.

"So what's the plan now, boss." Applejack snarks.

"Well the plan is..." you start when you spot Officer Fluffles/Rough Diamond running off.

"There she is! After her!" you yell as you all begin to give chase.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

(1) In Equestrian prisons, bathing is serious business so bars of soap should NEVER touch the floor. Failure to abide by this custom will result in ritualistic towel-whipping by the other inmates.

Now that Ritz is acquiring new items and clothes, the list is getting pretty long SO HERE IS THE LINK TO A FORUM THREAD LISTING YOUR (RITZ'S/815's) ITEMS AND ABILITIES

Looks like things are kicking into high gear now!

You have your group chasing master-thief Rough Diamond, the cops (including a relentless one-mare-SWAT-team) chasing you guys, and you're all in a major museum filled with MANY priceless and ancient exhibits and artifacts. Such a ripe environment for destructive action-packed shenanigans, don't you think? :pinkiecrazy:

Next chapter is the concluding, closing, final finale of the Manehattan Mysteries arc so GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!!!

Only a few guidelines;
1. Don't leave the museum. Let's keep the action in one building, m'kay.
2. No exposing Ritz as a changeling.
3. No killing, but remember that Dread Judge is a very tough P.A.I.N. unit (think a Judge Dredd-style armored supercop minus the guns) so she can take ALOT of punishment (so feel free to drop an entire machine on her, blast her with a giant firework, spill some soda so she slips, anything like that)
4. USE THE ENVIRONMENT! For context, try imaging you're directing an action sequence inside a museum. Collateral damage and destruction are HIGHLY encouraged.
5. Catch Rough Diamond!

Have fun!

PreviousChapters Next