• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 3,248 Views, 287 Comments

Changeling See, Changeling D'OH! (Comment-Driven Story) - Kersey475



You are a changeling stranded in the Everfree Forest after the failed assault on Canterlot. What should you do? What shenanigans will ensue? YOU DECIDE!

  • ...
9
 287
 3,248

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: A Fly in the Ointment (Die Hard Arc Part 1)

After ronching on another sugercube in thought, you get another plan. You quickly start inspecting the walls of the room until you find...

MidnightFMare

The fire alarm.

Horrorshow. Just what I need to call in some backup.

With that you quickly pull down the fire alarm and then use your changeling hooves to walk up the wall and onto a nearby, poorly-lit section of the ceiling near the alarm and activate your hookblade as you lie in wait.

Now even if those thugs send anypony down here to check on the alarm, I can just ambush them from the shadows.

Soon you see firetrucks approaching, but to your confusion you see them suddenly stop and turn around. Before you can ponder this development, you hear the door open and see a diamond dog thug with a spear muttering to himself as he walks in to turn off the alarm.

Okay, now to just ambush, subdue, and interrogate this mutt over why those firetrucks aren't coming.

To your surprise, the dog suddenly stops and start sniffing the air. You're puzzled by this act until you realize,

D'oh! Gorram diamond dog noses! you think in alarm. You quickly Force Pull a nearby bucket to make him whirl around in the direction of the noise as you quickly jump off the ceiling and tackle the dog into a wall and quickly follow-up with Chain Punch. With the mutt briefly stunned by this assault, you jump back with hookblade at the ready and look for something heavy to beat the dog with when he recognizes you,

"C-Captain DeWitt?!"

"Yeah, that's me." you say using your changeling horn magic to open your suit and reveal the Dimondia Star of Zeal Medal as you cautiously keep the hookblade at the ready.

The dog quickly gets up and and salutes,

"Sorry Captain Dewitt, I didn't recognize you."

You pause and gasp, "Private Rufus?!'

I remember this guy! you think, He was the runt of his litter who couldn't keep up so he resigned to find work in Equestria.

"What are you doing with a bunch of thugs?!" You exclaim.

"I was looking for a job at the bodyguard guild when that Griffon in the suit said that he had a job for me that would mean I'd get to see the world." he looks behind himself, "Speaking of which, I gotta get back. Boss is very exact"

"Rufus, these are bad guys." you say with emphasis.

"Really?" he asks in confusion.

"No, they're collecting donations for the widows and orphans fund before going to teach math to impoverished inner-city foals." you snark.

"I thought job was to follow griffin orders and see the world?" he asks in genuine confusion.

I forgot how dumb these dogs are. you think as you facehoof.

"Rufus... they had you all crash a party and round up the partiers at weapon-point. Does that sound like something good guys do?"

Rufus starts to mull over this point as you sigh/think,

One thing about these guys, they take a gorram long time to think...

"I gotya! Yeah! I mean, no! No, I shouldn't do this... right?"

"You shouldn't do this, yes. Now are there any other Diamond Dogs in the group?" you ask hoping for more allies among the thugs.

"A few, but they exiles kicked out of Diamondia. Bad dogs. Not that smart either like you or me."

Smart is debatable... you think to yourself, "What happened to the firetrucks that were supposed to come here?"

"The boss had a pegasus launch the 'false alarm' flare while sending me to turn off the alarm. Then I sniffed you, heard bucket, you tackled me, I know you, you ask me-"

"Okay, I got it." you interrupt, "For now, I want you to tell him that you thought you heard somepony in here, but it was a false alarm. I also need you to keep the hostages safe and don’t do anything against the bad guys unless I get directly involved, Okay?"

“So… you want me to pretend to be bad guy and start hitting real bad guys when you start hitting them first?”

“Uh, pretty much.”

With a salute, Rufus heads out of the room and back up the stairs.

Okay, I have one ally… and he's about as smart as a lobotomized doorknob.

"Hey Rufus, you know where the bathroom is? The boss ordered the bathroom upstairs is only for rotating groups of hostages." you hear another voice say from the stairwell.

"Uh... on the next floor down, take a right, go down the hall, and whatever you do, ignore the pony in a suit." Rufus replies.

You facehoof at this, but fortunately you hear the other voice reply in confusion,

"Uh... thanks."

Getting an idea, you quickly run down the hall into the bathroom Rufus was talking about. You quickly put the bar of soap on the floor in front of the door, pick up a plunger, stand at attention near the door, and wait.

Soon a Griffin thug with a crossbow walks in, put slips on the soap and skids into the wall. You quickly follow this up by breaking the plunger on the Griffin's head and then quickly grabbing the stunned Griffin, smashing his face into the mirror, and then using your weight to smash his head through the porcelain sink. A comical bump grows from the top of the griffin's head as he lays unconscious.

"Like 'Burnt Notice' said, bathrooms have lots hard surfaces." you comment to yourself as you stuff the unconcious griffin into a stall before taking his Crossbow.

"Okay... Now I have a crossbow..." you grin.

"Crossbow" added to Saddlebags

Deciding to add a reference to your victory, you use a urinal cake to write on the griffon's chest,

Now I have a crossbow. Ho-ho-ho.

With that you stuff the urinal cake into the griffin's mouth, shut the stall door, and use the broken plunger and use it to seal the bathroom shut from the inside. With that done, you contemplate your next move...

BrownDog77 comment

Think bug, think. I need to get off this floor and avoid becoming a hostage, but they’ve surely got the elevator and stairs guarded so how else am I going to get out of here… you trail off as you look up and see an air vent.

“Horrorshow…” you say to yourself as you wall-crawl up to the vent, take off the grate, and crawl in.

“Thank you action serials.”

30 MINUTES LATER

“Buck you action serials.” You say to yourself as you realize that you’re now lost. You’re about to punch the wall in frustration when you see a grate leading to a janitor’s closet. Putting on your Multi-Vision Goggles and using the night vision to look into the darkened room, you see some objects that pique your interest and use Force Pull to pull them to you through the grate.

The first object is a wooden broom *crack* that you proceed to break in half with the help of your hookblade.

“Equestria doesn’t pay for dead bounties so I can’t kill any of them, but hopefully this will be enough to immobilize a pursuer if I jam it into their hind joints”

Next you look at a can of hair spray,

“Don’t want to use up my own WD-40 or Fire Extinguisher so hopefully this can serve as impromptu mace or even a flamethrower when combined with my lighter.”

"Sharp Pointy Stick"
"Hair Spray"
Added to Inventory

As you continue squeezing through the ducts, you realize something. These things really aren’t built for ponies to climb in and the vents are getting tighter.

“Ooof,” you breathe out as your belly takes up a bit of room, “Guess this is where the construction budget cuts kick in.” you snark as you try to keep moving forward, but get to an impasse where your flanks get caught.

“Oh to hay with this,” you say as you concentrate and use your changeling disguise spell to shapeshift into a small colt which allows you to fit much better, but now your clothing is a lot looser.

Knowing that you can’t maintain this spell for long, you quickly dash forward through the vent. Just as you feel your control slipping you suddenly fall through an overhead grate and change back to your normal size as you fall hard onto a desk.

“Oh My Goodness! Please don’t hurt me!” yelps a very annoying voice.

You look up and see that annoying overdressed jerk from before.

“Keep your pants on, I ain’t a terrorist.” You say as you get off the table.

He lets out a sigh of relief.

“Oh thank goodness. You’re just that shabby plebian from before,”

You roll your eyes at this. “Uh huh, now what are YOU doing up here… um…”

“Svengallop, Manager Extraordinaire, but of course you already knew that. And I was up here having a smoke break when those brutes burst in down below, I’ve been hiding since.”

“Why haven’t you tried escaping or getting help?”

“What are you crazy? I’m a celebrity! They’d go right for me for my greatness. It’s better to hide.”

“Oh how noble of you…” you snark as you see door leading to another office.

You go over to the door and try to open it, but it’s locked.

“I already tried that, you’d need something blunt and hard to get through,” he says.

“Hmmm…” you muse looking at Svengallop's head.

“What are you thinking?” he demands giving you a look.

“Use your head…”

"W-*wham* Owwww!"

Before he can respond, you slam him face first into the door which cracks, but remains shut.

"You savage stupid brute!” he whines as he clutches his nose, “I'll make sure you get my surgical bills for-"

"If at first you don’t succeed..." you interrupt nonchalantly as you start repeatedly slamming Svengallop's face into the door until it gives in and swings open.

“Hey look, it worked.” you smirk
.
“I… wo… count…” he mumbles dizzily with bits fluttering around his head.

Now that you have an exit open, you go about setting up a Home Loner-type trap using office supplies and a little bit of bait as you place the still dizzy Svengallop in a rolling chair underneath a deadfall you set up using rubber bands and a small filing cabinet.

“Now you just stay right here sleeping ugly.” you tell the woozy Svengallop as you get him in position.

“Concert... Autotune…” he responds.

You then go to the nearest smoke alarm, take out your Golden Lighter, and set it alight under the smoke alarm setting it off.

“That ought to get someling’s attention.” you say as you look out towards the city, hoping the fire brigade will show up. To your disappointment, you only see a heavyset earth pony officer walk over and enter the building. Before you could mentally comment on this, you hear steps coming to your floor so you duck into a cubicle.

Right on cue, you see an Earth Pony thug carrying a bag and a Minotaur thug both walk into the room, spears at the ready when they see Svengallop.

“Alright, party’s over. Come with us and you won’t get hurt.” the Minotaur orders, but Svengallop doesn’t seem to acknowledge them in his head-battered state.

Snorting in impatience, the Earth Pony thug walks over to Svengallop.

“You heard the bull fancypants.” He gruffly says as he pushes Svengallop off the chair, “Get up and join the other hostages before-” *WHAM*

Right on cue, the file cabinet falls from the ceiling and slams onto the thug’s head, knocking him out. As the minotaur is stunned by this action, you take the opportunity to charge at the Minotaur and prepare an immobilizing slime attack (1)... only for nothing to happen.

"Buck! Why isn't my changeling slime working?!"

"Ahem."

You look up to use the Minotaur looking down at you with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

Kick someone through a window (not from a height where a fall would be fatal) and utilize your new shirt/belly cannon to smash the bandits.

Getting an idea, you reach into your Saddlebags for the Shirt Cannon... Only to remember that you lost the shirt cannon foiling those wannabe airship hijackers.

"Uh... Critical Chi Strike!" you say as you try to concentrate and punch the Minotaur right in the gut as hard as you can.

"OWWW!"

And shake your hoof in pain while the Minotaur is completely unaffected other than the expression on his face turning to bemusement. In one more attempt, you quickly whip out the Crossbow from your saddlebags, only for the minotaur to grab it and crush it in one hand.

"Okay... this was a REALLY stupid ide-urk!"

The Minotaur grabs you by the throat, lifts you up, and then violently throws you through the walls of the cubicle until you slam into the wall, your ribs cracking from the impact,

"Someling get the number of that carriage." you mutter through gritted teeth as you try to get back up only to see the Minotaur coming right at you with a determined stride, spear in hand.

Thinking quickly, you grab the Hair Spray and Golden Lighter out of your Saddlebags and unleash a stream of fire right in the charging Minotaur’s face while declaring,

“Anypony order steak?!”

“GRAHHHHHH!!!” he screams as he flails around on fire while you quickly toss the flaming spray can at him before diving into a cubicle, “WHEN MY BROTHER GETS HIS HANDS ON YOU YOU’RE GOING TO-” *ka-boom*

ON THE GROUND

We see the large earth pony LPPD officer walking away the building with a small pantry’s worth of pastries on his back muttering to himself,

“Great, I’m on the last 15 minutes of my shift when I happen to pass by this building’s SECOND false alarm. On Hearth’s Warming Eve no less! Hopefully now I can go straight home to my pregnant wife without any more incidents-”

*SPLASH*

Suddenly a flaming Minotaur falls from the sky and splashes onto the fountain next to him.

“SWEET CELESTIA!!!” he exclaims as he goes over to the minotaur’s unconscious form when suddenly a
repeating crossbow opens up on him from one of the higher floors.

“OFFICER UNDER ATTACK AT TRACKATOMI!” he screams, hightailing it out of their under the barrage of arrows, “I NEED BACKUP NOW! NOW CELESTIA DARN IT, NOW!!!”

BACK WITH YOU

“Welcome to the party, pal!” you exclaim out the shattered window, having just limped over to where the exploding spray can sent the minotaur smashing out the window.

"Crossbow"
"Hair Spray"
lost

Feeling your cracked ribs, you're about to heal yourself when you realize something,

Buck. With all that commotion, some of those thugs are bound to come down here. I can't risk getting caught in mid-heal!

With that in mind, you quickly down a Bottle of Painkillers to help ignore the pain of your cracked ribs before you quickly put Svengallop (his hair singed by the explosion) back on the rolling chair (Chain Punching him to ensure continued wooziness), put the Earth Pony's bag on Svengallop, tie up the unconscious earth pony thug with duct tape, lock him in a nearby closet, put up a "Toxic Waste, Do Not Enter" on the door to make sure nopony opens the door, and then push the rolling chair with Svengallop and the bag out of the room.

Soon you find yourself back in the still-under-construction room with Svengallop and the bag. You concentrate to invoke your healing factor and soon you feel the healing green flame go over your body and heal your cracked ribs. Breathing a sigh of relief, you proceed to consume a snack (5 Granola Bars, 2 Chocolate Bars, and 2 Bottles of Vanilla-Cola) as you rummage through the bag for anything useful. All you find are some detonation wires and a weird-looking small box with a cluster of holes in one end.

You’re about to ponder what these could mean when you suddenly hear,

"THIS IS THE LAS PEGASUS POLICE DEPARTMENT, COME OUT UNARMED WITH YOUR HOOVES UP!"

You go to the window and see that the Las Pegasus Police have blockaded the building.

"About gorram time." you comment when you hear a deep cultured voice come out of the small box you're holding,

"All of you, stay at your posts! We knew that police action was inevitable, In fact, it's necessary. So let them start their feeble efforts; until then, stay calm. Remember that we have the hostages so we are still in charge."

I get it, this must be one of those fancy... what do they call it... Trotty-Talkies. But these things are expensive and rare so these guys must be some serious characters.

Suddenly you hear smashing and angry shouting from the other end.

"Um... boss?" you overhear Rufus ask with fear in his voice.

"Let Károlos get it out of his system." the boss replies calmly, "Once he's a little calmer over his brother's defenestration we will proceed with the plan and then deal with this mystery pest inconveniencing us."

Oh great, that minotaur I threw out the window has a big brother. you think in dread.

Carrying "Terrorist Bag"

"Terrorist Bag" contents
-Detonation Wires
-Trotty-Talky

You then press the button on the Trotty-Talky and are about to interrupt this meeting with a witty one-liner when...

"Why are we in this shabby half-completed room?! I need some water imported from Rainbow Falls with straws right n-" Svengallop whines before you shove a hoof into his mouth to shut him up.

"Károlos, take two of our ponies with you and sweep the rooms still under construction." you hear the cultured voice say much to your dread.

"D'oh!"

"Nopony else kills him." you hear an angry voice growl as you hear a REALLY large ax being drawn, "He's MINE."

A shiver of fear goes down your spine as the Trotty-Talky turns off. You then glare at Svengallop in annoyance as you think,

Someling remind me why I brought this idiot along?

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

(1) Changeling slime is a technique used to immobilize targets and make it easier and faster to extract love. While it's faster to cocoon and entrap target in groups, individuals changelings can create small amounts in order to help trip up or slow down targets.

HERE IS THE LINK TO A FORUM THREAD LISTING YOUR (RITZ'S/815's) ITEMS AND ABILITIES

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVERYPONY/LING! Now that the authorities are finally getting involved, things are about to get interesting. And that annoying over-dressed Earth Pony is indeed Svengallop from the Season 5 Episode "The Mane Attraction". He was at the Trackatomi Plaza party to negotiate a Trackatomi Corporation-held Countess Coloratura concert when this takeover happened.

Unfortunately, since this timeline is still in Season 3 (post-Alicorn Princess Twilight), the events of Season 5 have NOT happened yet which means we can NOT kill, maim, discredit, or cripple this annoying jerk (although feel free to hurt and humiliate him :pinkiecrazy:).

Also remember;
-None of the Mane 6 or any princesses show up
-No exposing Ritz as a changeling
-NO KILLING (yes, even that minotaur set on fire and exploded out a window and long-fell into a fountain IS still alive. Minotaurs are very durable)
-You have an angry vengeful Minotaur named Károlos wielding a giant battle ax and hunting for you.
-Ritz can NOT last that long in straight up combat (one throw by a minotaur cracked his ribs) so use stealth instead.
-This is Equestria so there are NO televisions, phones, or other electrical technology
-The police are in possession of the fallen minotaur's Trotty-Talkie, perhaps a certain earth pony will end up chatting with Ritz...

Today’s Question;

With the exception of the first Die Hard, what is your favorite Die Hard-style movie or TV show episode and why?

For clarification, this means a plot where bad guys have taken over a place/area and the good guy(s) have to fight their way to victory from the inside. Again, you can NOT choose the first Die Hard for your answer.

Happy 2016 and Yippiekiyay motherbuckers!

PreviousChapters Next