• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 565 Views, 15 Comments

Secret Agent Changeling - Darkmetroidz



A group of Changelings sneak into Ponyville to collect energy for the hive. What they get is a lot more than they bargained for.

  • ...
1
 15
 565

Chapter 4 Part 2 (Guildenstern)

"Now where is it again?" Guildenstern had been wandering around Ponyville for what felt like forever, looking in vain for the house of the town's lead weatherpony, Ms. Rainbow Dash. "I've checked every block in town and still can't find… Oh." He looked overhead to see what was casting such a large shadow across the ground, and saw the large cloud house that was Rainbow Dash's place of residence. "That makes sense."

Getting up there would be a problem by itself. If it wasn't for his disguise, Guildenstern would have been able to fly up on his insect-like wings. Unfortunately he had to maintain the outward appearance of a Unicorn, so flight was out of the question. Wasn't there some kind of teleportation spell he could use?

He decided to wing it, focusing all the magic he could muster to blink himself upwards, just above the cloud layer that made up her front lawn. Just as he was about to start congratulating himself, he hit the clouds.

Which he immediately fell through, landing with a painful thud on the ground below.

The loud noise woke Rainbow Dash from another morning oversleeping. She stuck her head out the door to see the hole in her front porch. Annoyed, she quickly pulled a few pieces of cloud together to patch the hole, before flapping her wings to find out what had just gone through her lawn.

She found a half-conscious Unicorn on the ground, head stuck in the dirt, mumbling a mix of curses and jibberish.

Guildenstern felt a pair of strong hooves pulling his legs free from the ground. Finally, Rainbow Dash was able to pluck him from the ground like a carrot, and set him on the ground.

"Ow… Why is the world spinning..." Guildenstern moaned, clutching his head between his hooves.

"You took a pretty bad fall," Dash said, "How'd you get up there anyway?"

"Teleport… job… porch… fall… pain…" He groaned in a garbled voice.

Rainbow Dash nodded understandingly. "You wanted to see me about a job?"

"Yeah. I wanted to get a job with you on the weather crew."

Dash looked at the orange stallion critically. "But you're a Unicorn! If you can't fly, how are you supposed to clear clouds, or set up rainstorms?"

"Magic!" He emphatically declared.

Rainbow Dash was unconvinced. "Look, it's not like you can use magic to explain everything away with the wave of a hoof. It just makes you look lazy."

Guildenstern stared straight at Rainbow Dash, eyebrows knit into a scowl. "How does the sun get up in the morning?"

"Uh, magic?" Dash answered.

"And how does the moon get up at night?"

"Magic." She said again.

Guildenstern nodded. "Right. Now, how was Nightmare Moon defeated?"

"The Elements of Harmony. Duh."

"And what makes them work?" He asked, getting a little bit impatient.

"Magic?"

"Should I keep going?" Guildenstern asked sarcastically.

Realization dawned on Rainbow Dash like a slap to the face. "Fine, you can have the job. But don't come crying to me when you can't handle the work." She flapped her wings in an irritated huff and flew back into her house. "Meet me and the rest of the pegasi in town at eight AM sharp!"

"But that was two hours ago!" He yelled.

Rainbow came zipping out of her house, screaming. "Crap! I'm late again!"

With a shrug, Guildenstern took after her in a gallop. She was going to be a fun boss.

Guildenstern met Rainbow Dash, along with the rest of the weatherponies assembled in front of town hall. "Alright team, we have a new member with us today." Dash announced. "His name is- uh... I don't think I actually caught your name..."

"Thunder Dust!" He declared proudly.

"Right. Now today's scheduled for clear, sunny skies, so let's go clear those clouds!" With a clap of her hooves, Rainbow and the rest of the Pegasi scattered, leaving Guildenstern alone on the ground.

Overhead, Dash looked at him critically. "Dumb Unicorn. He'll be gone before the shift is over." She turned her attention away from the confused orange pony and returned to smashing clouds.

Undaunted, Guildenstern focused his gaze skyward. He saw a large patch of clouds to the northeast nopony had gone after. Breaking into a gallop, he charged towards them. Once he was directly beneath, he focused his magic on them, and one by one started ripping the clouds from the sky. One by one the cottony clouds faded into nothingness as Guildenstern slammed them into the ground. Within a few minutes, the whole sector was clear.

Guildenstern looked at his work with a nod of approval, and moved on to find more.

Back in the sky, Rainbow Dash, along with two of her fellow Pegasi, watched in surprise.

"He works hard, I'll give him that." Thunderlane said approvingly.

"He might be able to clear almost as fast as you, Rainbow Dash." Cloud Kicker added.

Rainbow Dash didn't know how to react. She had only given Thunder Dust the job to humor him, but not only was he doing the work, he was able to keep up with the best.

A few hours later, the clouds were gone, and the weather for the next day was all set to be deployed. Rainbow Dash approached her new teammate with an apologetic smile on her face. "Hey, sorry for doubting you Thunder Dust. I guess shouldn't have talked down to you like I did."

"It's okay!" He responded with a chipper grin, "I'm just happy to help."

"Well, we usually go for cider after a shift. Wanna come with us?"

Guildenstern smiled, "Boy would I!"

The weather crew, along with their new member, sat themselves at the bar of Ponyville's cantina, each with a mug of cider in hand. They laughed as they regaled each other with stories of past exploits. Guildenstern said little, but laughed the hardest out of anypony. Even the stories which Rainbow Dash had told the others a thousand times still got a reaction of awe out of the plucky orange unicorn.

After the weather crew scattered, Rainbow Dash began to walk Guildenstern home. "Good work today buddy," She complimented. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok, sounds good boss!" He chirped.

Rainbow leaned in a whispered into his ear, "If I don't show up on time, would you mind coming to my house to wake me up?"

"Sure Rainbow Dash." He giggled.

"Oh, before I forget!" Rainbow tossed Guildenstern an electric blue jacket with the logo of the Ponyville weather crew printed on it. "You're a part of the family now. Wear it proudly."

Guildenstern slipped the jacket on. It was a lovely windbreaker, and although it had two unnecessary wing holes, it still fit well and would certainly be of use in bad weather. He looked at Dash as she flew away. Family... He thought with a sigh.

Author's Note:

Glad to have this going again.

Comments ( 3 )

Well this is cool. I like changeling stories a lot

Login or register to comment