• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 565 Views, 15 Comments

Secret Agent Changeling - Darkmetroidz



A group of Changelings sneak into Ponyville to collect energy for the hive. What they get is a lot more than they bargained for.

  • ...
1
 15
 565

Chapter 4 Part 1 (Rosencrantz)

There was one detail about their personas that still had to be worked out even after they had moved in and unpacked the few things they had brought from the Hive. Since they were posing as adult ponies, Calypso and company would be expected to find jobs. As the sun rose and woke the disguised Changelings, they went their separate ways for the day in order to nail down work.

Rosencrantz had known what he wanted to do since he first saw her stunning blue eyes. When he met Pinkie Pie, it felt like his heart might beat out of his chest. The more they walked around Ponyville and talked, the more he could feel butterflies fluttering around in his stomach. Being able to work alongside her at Sugarcube Corner would be like a dream come true. It had been good luck that he had chosen to become a candy maker. He would be a perfect candidate to work there. "Or should I say, 'candy-date?'" He chuckled.

He went to knock on the door, which still had a closed sign on it. Before his hoof made contact with the wood, Pinkie had already opened it. "Hiya Candy Floss. What brings you here?"

"H-hi Pinkie." He stammered, "I was wondering if it would be possible to get a date- JOB! A job with you, here at Sugarcube Corner!"

"You'd have to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Cake about that." Pinkie said. "But don't worry, I'm sure they'll hire you. We've been a little short on hooves here since Mrs. Cake had her foals. I'm sure they'd appreciate some extra help."

Pinkie turned tail and led Rosencrantz into the bakery. He drooled a little as he took in his surroundings. Cakes, brownies, pies, not to mention the sweetest thing of all; Pinkie Pie. His eyes followed the gentle swaying of her hips, the smooth rhythmic swishing of her tail. Only through sheer self control was he able to pry his eyes off to avoid looking like a perv.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake were busily running between the kitchen and counter, preparing the day's orders. "Hey Mr. and Mrs. Cake!" Pinkie chimed, getting them to stop for a moment, "A new pony moved into town yesterday and wanted a job with us. His name is Candy Floss, can he work here?"

Mrs. Cake looked over Rosencrantz, whose Pony disguise looked almost like a shorter, pudgier, blue version of Pinkie. "Does he know how to make pie crusts?"

"Yes ma'am!" Rosencrantz chirped.

Mrs. Cake gave a smile of relief. "You're hired. Can you start immediately?"

Pinkie gave Rosencrantz an encouraging smile. "Yes!"

For his first day, Rosencrantz was given a trial by fire. Sugarcube Corner was unusually busy, with a line that stretched out the door for most of the day. Mrs. Cake attended the register while Mr. Cake packaged orders and bused tables, leaving the kitchen mostly to Pinkie and Rosencrantz.

"I need two tablespoons of molasses, stat!" Pinkie shouted.

Rosencrantz picked up the bottle in his magical aura and passed it her way. "Can you toss me a rolling pin?"

Pinkie grabbed the requested tool and threw it across the kitchen. Rosencrantz snagged it and started rolling out another pie crust. He had lost count of how many he had made today, and he had only started a few hours ago.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake had taken advantage of a small lull in the customers to observe their new employee at work. "Well, he certainly works hard." Mrs. Cake commented.

Her husband nodded, "I can't believe how well they work together. He's the first pony I've ever seen that can keep up with Pinkie."

For the first time in a long time, Sugarcube Corner was able to close on time, instead of having to stay open late to make good on a few orders. With four sets of hooves instead of three, the bakery was operating at peak efficiency, and for once Mr. and Mrs. Cake were able to go home and spend an evening with their foals.

"Candy Floss, I can't begin to say how pleased we are with your work today." Mrs. Cake praised. "Please, won't you stay for dinner?"

"We'd be more than happy to have you." Mr. Cake added, "And it's the least we can do to say 'welcome to the family'."

Rosencratz could not think of a word to describe how happy he was. "I'd love to have dinner with you!"

As the four moved from the bakery into the back part of the building where the Cakes and Pinkie lived, they fell into step, the Cakes in front and Rosencrantz and Pinkie behind them. "I'm really glad you came." Pinkie whispered into Rosencrantz' ear. He turned towards her, but her eyes were fixed forward, as if she had not said anything. Rosencrantz stayed silent.

Dinner was cucumber salad with cinnamon-covered apple wedges on the side. Rosencrantz ate hungrily, taking in all the flavors of Pony food that were utterly missing from the energy rations he was used to. Unfortunately, all this food would be able to do was just make him gain weight; Pony food had no nutritional value to a Changeling. The only thing they could survive on was love. He could still eat for pleasure, which was more than enough of a reason for him.

After the meal, Pinkie volunteered to walk Candy Floss home. For most of the walk, they went back and forth with small-talk, talking about the day and what they might do tomorrow. As they reached his house, Rosencrantz cautiously gave Pinkie a hug. "Thank you for everything. I've had the most wonderful day of my life today, and it's all because of you."

"Aw shucks, I'm sure you don't mean that." She smiled with a wave of her hoof.

"No, I really do." Rosencrantz said, "I don't think I've ever had so much fun with anypony before."

Pinkie blushed. "Well, if it means anything, I'm really glad I met you. And I know I say that to everypony, but with you its… different. I dunno, you just seem different than anypony I've met before."

Rosencrantz winced. "Why do you say that?"

She shrugged. "Dunno. Can't quite put my hoof on it. Anyway… goodnight I guess. See you tomorrow." Quickly, Pinkie planted a peck on his cheek and galloped home.

Rosencrantz stood on his porch, dumbstruck. "I'm never washing this cheek again." He said to nopony in particular.

"OH YES YOU ARE!" Calypso shouted from upstairs. "YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH TO PUT UP WITH WITHOUT A STINK CLOUD."

Rosencrantz ignored her. There was no room in his head for anything that wasn't pink.

Author's Note:

Whew! Glad to have the next part rolling. Finals week is coming up for me, so I'm not sure how much work I'll be able to get done then, but after that, I have a month off from school to look forward to! Hopefully i will be able to get a chapter or two cranked out between december and january, so stay posted. As usual, thank you all for reading and for putting up with me!